Author Topic: Is There Anything God Can't Do?  (Read 40093 times)

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
Is There Anything God Can't Do?
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:24:22 PM »
I figured with all the God "can do this", "Can't do that", "Controls peoples lives", etc, etc, why not ask "What can God NOT Do". Is there a list? I imagine this is an age old question, but I thought, I would get some of the "bright" ones take on it.

Government_Controlled/DEA_Agent

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Is There Anything God Can't Do?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:03:39 AM »
Yep. God can't make limbs grow back on amputees.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:50:32 AM »
Yep. God can't make limbs grow back on amputees.

Not quite!!

Luke 22:49-51

When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword? And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.  

Add to that all the lepers that Jesus healed, some of whom had lost limbs due to the disease.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:49:32 AM »
God cannot lie.

God cannot sin.
R

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 05:25:06 PM »
God cannot lie.

God cannot sin.

God cannot stop Satan from doing evil deeds... therefore Satan is more powerful God.

God created Satan... therefore God himself perpetrated the primary evil deed... therefore God is more evil than Satan.

If God cannot do evil... yet evil exists... therefore Satan must be the Creator.

I think logic is gonna fuck this thread up.

The Luke

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »
God cannot stop Satan from doing evil deeds... therefore Satan is more powerful God.

God created Satan... therefore God himself perpetrated the primary evil deed... therefore God is more evil than Satan.

If God cannot do evil... yet evil exists... therefore Satan must be the Creator.

G

The Luke

LEVEL II WARNING! IGNORANT POST! PLEASE STUDY FIRST! THEN TRY AGAIN! GOD WILL FORGIVE YOU! GOD BLESS!

Government_Conrolled/Dea_Agent

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
LEVEL II WARNING! IGNORANT POST! PLEASE STUDY FIRST! THEN TRY AGAIN! GOD WILL FORGIVE YOU! GOD BLESS!

...now you're answering every post of mine with this incoherent gibberish in two different threads.

Am I missing a joke here, or should I report these posts to the mods?

The Luke

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 08:20:42 PM »

The Luke

Lol...very nice. ;D
Gracie Rules

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »

Is that right? Last time I checked, even with the trials put on Job, Satan could do no more than God allowed.

The Luke

If it does (highly unlikely), it won't be coming from you, especially with stupidity like this.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 08:54:07 PM »

Government_Conrolled/Dea_Agent

PLEASE!!!

You have a better chance of seeing President Obama beat Ronnie Coleman in a deadlifting contest.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 09:08:53 PM »
Is that right? Last time I checked, even with the trials put on Job, Satan could do no more than God allowed.

If it does (highly unlikely), it won't be coming from you, especially with stupidity like this.

That was a long time a go...if its true. what material prove do you have? something written on a book?

Not enough.

Perhaps God don't care about us...or maybe God only care about Job.

If Satan continue to do all this evil in the world. How come or why God can't stop Satan?

And yes God create Satan.

Satan was an angel or cherubim by the name of Lucifer.

Islamic perspective "djinn".

Gracie Rules

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
PLEASE!!!

You have a better chance of seeing President Obama beat Ronnie Coleman in a deadlifting contest.

Ah, come on bud, give him/her chance! "Turn the other cheek".

Government_Controlled/Dea_Agent

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 09:18:43 PM »
God cannot lie.

God cannot sin.

Well, actually Stella, He could do those if He chose. What you mean is He WOULDN'T because of His righteousness/love/justice/etc,etc.

There is something He flat out cannot do?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »
That was a long time a go...if its true. what material prove do you have? something written on a book?

Not enough.

Perhaps God don't care about us...or maybe God only care about Job.

If Satan continue to do all this evil in the world. How come or why God can't stop Satan?

And yes God create Satan.

Satan was an angel or cherubim by the name of Lucifer.

Islamic perspective "djinn".

Who said God CAN'T stop Satan?

On the contrary, He can and WILL, as depicted in the Book of Revelation. Last time I checked, ol' Lucifer gets heaved in the Lake of Fire. That qualifies as being stopped to me.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »

Well dude, Satan created the universe... provable by the existence of evil.

You're not going to argue that God created the universe... then created evil? Are you? That would make him the worst malefactor possible.

Imagine an all-loving, all-powerful God, who, having created a perfect universe devoid of evil... then created evil. Even if he only mixed a little evil in from the start, just for balance, that still makes him the primary source of all evil... and ultimately responsible for all evil.

On a more serious note...
There is no coherent theological argument (insomuch as theological argments can be coherent) which reconciles the existence of evil with God as Creator... either Satan is the Creator, or God created evil... thereby perpetrating the primary act of evil.

This is known ass the "Rex Mundi" heresy, and is the founational tenet of the Cathar (Bogomil) Gnostic Christian faith.

The only rebuttal Christian theologians have ever been able to muster, was the systematic mass extermination of all practicing Cathars during the Christian against Christian Crusades (ie: the Albigensian Crusade an it's ilk).

So no need to attempt a rebuttal McWay, it can't be done.

The Luke

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »

On the contrary, He can and WILL, as depicted in the Book of Revelation. Last time I checked, ol' Lucifer gets heaved in the Lake of Fire. That qualifies as being stopped to me.

Good post! McWay, do you have the scripture where satan's name appears. I seem to can't find it. Thanks, in advance.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 09:25:38 PM »

Revelations? wow!!!

What about now? or all this horror that its going on?

War,disease the list goes on and on.
Gracie Rules

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
Well dude, Satan created the universe... provable by the existence of evil.

Dead wrong, and woefully dumb.....as usual!!!

You're not going to argue that God created the universe... then created evil? Are you? That would make him the worst malefactor possible.

Imagine an all-loving, all-powerful God, who, having created a perfect universe devoid of evil... then created evil. Even if he only mixed a little evil in from the start, just for balance, that still makes him the primary source of all evil... and ultimately responsible for all evil.

On a more serious note...
There is no coherent theological argument (insomuch as theological argments can be coherent) which reconciles the existence of evil with God as Creator... either Satan is the Creator, or God created evil... thereby perpetrating the primary act of evil.

This is known ass the "Rex Mundi" heresy, and is the founational tenet of the Cathar (Bogomil) Gnostic Christian faith.

The only rebuttal Christian theologians have ever been able to muster, was the systematic mass extermination of all practicing Cathars during the Christian against Christian Crusades (ie: the Albigensian Crusade an it's ilk).

So no need to attempt a rebuttal McWay, it can't be done.

The Luke

Please!!!

If there's one thing I've proven is that refuting the foolishness you spout is quite effortless to do.

The existence of evil comes from one simple source: Direct disobedience of God. That only occurs when God gives the most precious of things, FREE WILL.

If I give someone chemicals to fertilize grass, and he uses it to create a bomb to blow up somebody, I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for building the bomb; that person is. Nor am I credited for starting explosives.

Quite frankly, the more you talk, the DUMBER you tend to sound. I'm off to bed. I'll let GC deal with your buffoonery, if he's in the mood.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:02 PM »

Revelations? wow!!!

What about now? or all this horror that its going on?

War,disease the list goes on and on.

The horror is going on, because man continues to disobey God's law. Had he not done so, NONE OF THIS would be occuring.

Therefore, the Lord can and will deal with it when HE SEES FIT. He is NOT on your timetable, or mine for that matter.

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »
Dead wrong, and woefully dumb.....as usual!!!

Please!!!

Quite frankly, the more you talk, the DUMBER you tend to sound. I'm off to bed. I'll let GC deal with your buffoonery, if he's in the mood.

Nope! My wife is calling! I must answer her bellowing for her fellow, lover! Kids are sound asleep!. I think, he/she will survive, till the next time, eh? Good night, all. Happy dreams!

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
The horror is going on, because man continues to disobey God's law. Had he not done so, NONE OF THIS would be occuring.

Therefore, the Lord can and will deal with it when HE SEES FIT. He is NOT on your timetable, or mine for that matter.

Man doing evil things.

Evil things happen because of Satan.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Gracie Rules

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 10:03:19 PM »
The existence of evil comes from one simple source: Direct disobedience of God. That only occurs when God gives the most precious of things, FREE WILL.

If I give someone chemicals to fertilize grass, and he uses it to create a bomb to blow up somebody, I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for building the bomb; that person is. Nor am I credited for starting explosives.

...yeah, sorry. But none of that constitutes a refutation of the "Rex Mundi" heresy.

Let's not foget here that Satan does not have a soul (angels don't have souls) and that Satan did not eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge in the Garden of Eden, hence he does not know the difference between good and evil... and something without a soul that cannot tell right from wrong is not bound by God's Laws (man wasn't before the fall).

So by your silly logic... Satan doesn't qualify as evil.

Also, angels as a rule are not bound by God's law, nor are they bound by the ten commandments... so whichever way you cut it... God created an immortal creature that doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, isn't bound by God's law, isn't bound by the commandments and has the power to lay waste whole cities.

That's pretty fucked up... that's like me giving a chimp a nuclear weapon... pretty evil.

Even aside from all that... look at all the evil shit God does in the Bible... surely that's just Satan masquerading as God?

Maybe I've hit on something here... maybe the one thing God can't do is interfere... only Satan can do that: appearing as an angel to ignorant Beduoins; blowing up cities; spreading plagues; ordering the deaths of children and babies... you know, all the shit SOMETHING claiming to be God did in the Bible.

By their deeds ye shall know them.

Yep, I'm convinced... logically, Yahweh and Satan MUST be one in the same.

The Luke

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 10:44:20 PM »

The Luke

logic doesn't work luke, perhaps god stopped himself from knowing satan would be evil, then he wouldn't be all knowing though. I'm sure there is a good reason for creating evil though, maybe its because he loves us.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 10:46:24 PM »

so god allowed some evil?

seriously, do you actually think that post is stupid, it is actually perfect logic, you haven't rebutted it. Calling it stupid doesn't rebutt it, if god made satan, god made evil plain and simple.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 10:48:07 PM »

what is he waiting for? he is allowing all this suffering for what? If he is eternal, then time does not matter making this wait completely pointless, actually making this life completely pointless. Eternity negates purpose.