Author Topic: Is There Anything God Can't Do?  (Read 40318 times)

yng466

• Getbig III
Re: Is There Anything God Can't Do?
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2010, 06:56:54 PM »
THERE IS ONE THING GOD CAN'T DO:HE CAN'T KEEP ME FROM GETTING MY 44 MAGNUM OUT OF MY CLOSET,PUT THE BARREL IN MY MOUTH, SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER, AND SEND A BULLET UP THROUGH THE TOP OF MY SKULL !!!
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Government_Controlled

• Getbig III
  • I love my country
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
THERE IS ONE THING GOD CAN'T DO:HE CAN'T KEEP ME FROM GETTING MY 44 MAGNUM OUT OF MY CLOSET,PUT THE BARREL IN MY MOUTH, SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER, AND SEND A BULLET UP THROUGH THE TOP OF MY SKULL !!!

Don't do that, yng466! I've got something you need to look at before making a decision like that. I almost did it too! PM me your email! Peace! There are people who care, I'm one of them!

GC

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
I figured with all the God "can do this", "Can't do that", "Controls peoples lives", etc, etc, why not ask "What can God NOT Do". Is there a list? I imagine this is an age old question, but I thought, I would get some of the "bright" ones take on it.

Government_Controlled/DEA_Agent

Can god make a stone that he himself cannot lift?

ziiiing! ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2010, 08:22:28 AM »
I don't understand how some of you cannot accept MCWAY's explanations as possible (at the very least...just possible!) but I think it has to do w/what Hustle Man was saying.  That, and it seems like at times some purposely reject things w/o even considering them as possibilities.

The Luke, so much of what you post as biblical is not in the bible. 

This is not a flame but a serious question:  Do you want to learn anything or just argue your side?   For instance you say God created a purely evil being in Satan.  Can you please post the scripture to back up that when God created Satan he was purely evil please?

Also, Govt Controlled, I do not believe God can lie or sin because He is completely holy.  Do I believe if He wanted to lie or sin that He could change things up and do so?  Yes, but since I believe that He doesn't change and that it would go against His very nature, I believe that will never happen.

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2010, 08:32:17 AM »

ziiiing! ;D

Toxy, do you not see that the question is illogical?  

The argument is if God is or is not omnipotent.  If He is omnipotent (as believers contend) then no stone He creates would be too heavy for him to lift.  So the sentence makes no sense since it is impossible.

R

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2010, 09:00:42 AM »
newsflash no one cares what you think, you have a lower iq then us, deal with it. You like the new study that was just published showing that liberals and atheists have higher iqs then repubs and christians? Let me geuss which one you fall into. Must be hard living in a fantasy world bombarded by facts that refute you.

Big deal. There are guys with high IQs, living in shacks and in their mothers' basement.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2010, 09:08:13 AM »
newsflash no one cares what you think, you have a lower iq then us, deal with it. You like the new study that was just published showing that liberals and atheists have higher iqs then repubs and christians? Let me geuss which one you fall into. Must be hard living in a fantasy world bombarded by facts that refute you.

Necrosis, why do you believe these study results?  
R

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2010, 02:15:13 PM »

Don't do that, yng466! I've got something you need to look at before making a decision like that. I almost did it too! PM me your email! Peace! There are people who care, I'm one of them!

GC
IF I WERE GOING TO COMMIT SUICIDE I'D LIGHT MYSELF ON FIRE AND JUMP OFF A SKYSCRAPER,AT NIGHT.THAT WAY PEOPLE COULD SEE ME FOR MILES AROUND. ;D ANYWAY YOU COULD HANDCUFF ME,PUT ME IN A STRAIGHT JACKET AND CHAIN ME TO THE WALL IN A PADDED CELL AND I COULD STILL BITE THE BIG BAZOOKA IF I WANTED TO.
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »
Necrosis, why do you believe these study results?  

the power of the study was strong, the controls good, subject numbers adequete along with proper measurements adn conclusions.

The evidence speaks for itself.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »

GC

LMAO.... talk about mental problems, suicide ideation and a plan is a symptom of major depressive disorder, sounds like your problems are worse then anything i have ever experienced, kettle meet pot

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »

The argument is if God is or is not omnipotent.  If He is omnipotent (as believers contend) then no stone He creates would be too heavy for him to lift.  So the sentence makes no sense since it is impossible.

i think you better read that statment again and then clarify what is illogical in the scenario.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 09:18:56 AM »
Of course it doesn't makes "total sense". That's YOUR statement, not mine.
Nonetheless it's apparent that's what's happening.

So, NOW comes your pitiful argument that God doesn't care, if He doesn't do things the way YOU THINK He should. That's like my 5-year-old claiming that I don't love her, if I don't give her a cookie.
Lol, comparing a "cookie" to a child? Isn't that why life is about? Having children and a family. Fail.

Plus, man didn't make science. Man didn't make the laws of physics, nor did he make the raw materials that comprise medicines or treatments today. Gravity was gravity, LOOOOOOOONG before Sir Isaac Newton assigned a name to it. Penicillin cured certain ailments, LOOOOOONG before man actually knwo that it did.

They're called SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES for a reason: It's man, finding out what God has known, from the ceaseless ages.

Plus, in case you missed, God has (since times of old) assigned people to carry out His will. When it was time to free Israel from Egypt, He designated Moses to lead the liberation of His people.

As for science (and since it's the last day of Black History Month), I refer you to Dr. Ben Carson, head of John Hopkins pediatric neurosurgery. He will tell you that the Lord led him to his calling in medicine.

So, the idea of God, assigning people on Earth to carry out His will is hardly a new or novel concept.

We obviously disagree here. Of course the only way we'll know who's right is when one of us dies.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 06:18:52 PM »

OR...god is impossible...hense question logical!
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »
the power of the study was strong,

Can you explain what you mean by this?

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2010, 07:02:19 AM »
OR...god is impossible...hense question logical!

But if the subject is impossible how does that result in a logical question  ???
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2010, 07:23:16 AM »
havent read the whole thread only a couple of posts on the first page but I had a few thoughts.

First I feel lukes assertion is correct that if God is all good and all powerful than he would not have created a being with the capability of doing evil...

however what is your definition of good and evil? how do you know those definitions coincide with Gods?
These definitions differ from person to person, culture to culture and especially from time period to time period...

also without evil there would be no good it would just be the way it is, so perhaps the "evil" is just Gods way of showing the "good" which would be a good thing...

Luke I envision you as a small, scrawny guy possibly got picked on quite a bit and probably very introverted. There is no need to insult ppl before they insult you most ppl are nice and will treat you with respect if you do the same...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2010, 07:31:52 AM »

ziiiing! ;D
LOL this is indeed an illogical question...I forget the technical name for it but its like asking can God make a square circle... ::)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:36 AM »
Luke I envision you as a small, scrawny guy possibly got picked on quite a bit and probably very introverted. There is no need to insult ppl before they insult you most ppl are nice and will treat you with respect if you do the same...

...so I shouldn't attack people before they attack me, or you'll chime in and attack me before I attack you in the guise of recommending that I don't attack people before they attack me?

More "Do-as-I-say, not-what-I-just-did" Christianity?

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2010, 10:29:48 AM »
...so I shouldn't attack people before they attack me, or you'll chime in and attack me before I attack you in the guise of recommending that I don't attack people before they attack me?

More "Do-as-I-say, not-what-I-just-did" Christianity?

The Luke
LOL just my take on your situation and some friendly advice...

I dont really care what you or anyone else for that matter thinks about me and my views on my religion b/c hey they are my views afterall...you for some reason feel the need to belittle ppl and project a sense of superiority towards ppl especially in the realm of religion, you should do some self actualizing and try to find out why that is...that was my point in my previous post... 8)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2010, 02:55:41 PM »

also without evil there would be no good it would just be the way it is, so perhaps the "evil" is just Gods way of showing the "good" which would be a good thing...

ewww.. terrible logic, tell that to the victims of aids, congenital defects in kids, the people in haiti im sure they see the good of it.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2010, 04:48:05 PM »
I dont really care what you or anyone else for that matter thinks about me and my views on my religion b/c hey they are my views afterall...you for some reason feel the need to belittle ppl and project a sense of superiority towards ppl especially in the realm of religion, you should do some self actualizing and try to find out why that is...that was my point in my previous post... 8)

...I like attacking the blatantly ridiculous bullshit that people believe without question. Only those who find themselves Hectored with no recourse to rational rebuttal infer a sense of smug superiority on my part.

Sorry to offend, but if someone ridicules the delusions morons indulge in... and you feel you've been categorised as a moron, well, maybe, rather than being offended you should reconsider your delusions. The fact that you took offence would seem to indicate you (at least subconsciously) concede how ridiculous your beliefs really are.

In Simpsons parlance: "He's making us think about stuff. Let's get'em!"

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »
ewww.. terrible logic, tell that to the victims of aids, congenital defects in kids, the people in haiti im sure they see the good of it.
LOL thats not bad logic and your points are simply opinion same as mine

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2010, 07:44:05 PM »
...I like attacking the blatantly ridiculous bullshit that people believe without question. Only those who find themselves Hectored with no recourse to rational rebuttal infer a sense of smug superiority on my part.

Sorry to offend, but if someone ridicules the delusions morons indulge in... and you feel you've been categorised as a moron, well, maybe, rather than being offended you should reconsider your delusions. The fact that you took offence would seem to indicate you (at least subconsciously) concede how ridiculous your beliefs really are.

In Simpsons parlance: "He's making us think about stuff. Let's get'em!"

The Luke
hahahah  :D my point proven...

please prove to us luke that God does not exist since you seem so convinced...

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2010, 08:44:53 PM »
hahahah  :D my point proven...

please prove to us luke that God does not exist since you seem so convinced...

You cannot prove a negative.

So I cannot prove god does NOT exist anymore than you could prove that I am NOT god.

But you can certainly get a good approximation of the likelihood of god existing.

Let's take the Christian god as an example, the probability that such a god exists would be the product of the number of different versions of this god; multiplied by the number of different gods; multiplied by the chance of any god existing at all.

Chance that you picked the right Jesus/Yahweh... 1 in 34,000... there are 34,000 different Christian sects.

Chance that Jesus/Yahweh is the one true god... 1 in 10,000... there have been approx 10,000 different gods.

Chance that any god exists at all... zero... based on availabe evidence.

So, even if there was a god, it's a 1 in 340,000,000 chance that you picked the right one to believe in anyway.

Basically, I believe in your god about as much as you believe in Odin, Horus, Tammuz, Wotan, Setanta, Heracles, Zeus, Poseiden, Attis, Dionysus, Mithras, Gilgamesh, Hades.... etc etc  

You're an atheist with regard to 9,999 of the gods.

I'm an atheist with regard to just one more.

We have more in common than we disagree upon... it's just that you are unwilling to rationally assess that last god, the way you assess the 9,999 others.

The Luke

Skeeter

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2010, 06:01:52 AM »
You cannot prove a negative.

So I cannot prove god does NOT exist anymore than you could prove that I am NOT god.

But you can certainly get a good approximation of the likelihood of god existing.

Let's take the Christian god as an example, the probability that such a god exists would be the product of the number of different versions of this god; multiplied by the number of different gods; multiplied by the chance of any god existing at all.

Chance that you picked the right Jesus/Yahweh... 1 in 34,000... there are 34,000 different Christian sects.

Chance that Jesus/Yahweh is the one true god... 1 in 10,000... there have been approx 10,000 different gods.

Chance that any god exists at all... zero... based on availabe evidence.

So, even if there was a god, it's a 1 in 340,000,000 chance that you picked the right one to believe in anyway.

Basically, I believe in your god about as much as you believe in Odin, Horus, Tammuz, Wotan, Setanta, Heracles, Zeus, Poseiden, Attis, Dionysus, Mithras, Gilgamesh, Hades.... etc etc  

You're an atheist with regard to 9,999 of the gods.

I'm an atheist with regard to just one more.

We have more in common than we disagree upon... it's just that you are unwilling to rationally assess that last god, the way you assess the 9,999 others.

The Luke

Are you god?  ???  :o

:)