Author Topic: Vince Basile  (Read 77787 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Vince Basil
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2010, 07:44:30 PM »
See Vince, your proving your idiocy as we speak, I told you my education in a REAL college and if certs makes fucking difference I have a couple from NASM and NSCA, I also carry $5mil in liability because that's what certain agents require for their clients when they are sent to me. More when I get home, then I will break it down but you seem to think that holding a piece of paper saying "graduate" means something when in this business its RESULTS that counts. Hey Vince, I even had a client at the NFL combines this weekend, how about you?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
I design and build just about everything on my equipment. My biceps-supinator was a real challenge to build. I didn't think I knew enough but proceeded and ended up doing a reasonable job. That machine is the most complicated upper body machine ever installed in a gym. Conventional machine that is. Some electronic machines are more complicated. I did have a machinist who did some lathe work for me but he retired.  I obtained a patent for this design it the USA, Canada, Gt Britain, Germany and Australia. Cost a fortune but I never made a second machine. A good lesson there. Ingenious designs don't always mean that others will want your machine.

I still have to repaint the machine silver. Otherwise, resident expert Goodrum will complain about the colour.

Got to call you out for inelegance, Vince.  How about getting supination resistance by using a variable torsion spring instead of a cable to a stack and all that entails?  The rotating resistance bar could be sleeved with another notched section to accommodate the small amount of linear slide required through the client's range of motion, and to make sure it fits everyone.  Incorporate a rotational stop which can be pulled out of it's seat against a low resistance spring or by way of a locking pin to allow the client to set the supination resistance by rotating the handle before working.

Btw, your leg press looks like it might want another linear bearing on each side.  Do you get problems with it binding or do you find yourself having to replace damaged bearings a lot?  It looks like it might have issues if someone is pushing harder with one leg than another.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2010, 07:54:23 PM »
See Vince, your proving your idiocy as we speak, I told you my education in a REAL college and if certs makes fucking difference I have a couple from NASM and NSCA, I also carry $5mil in liability because that's what certain agents require for their clients when they are sent to me. More when I get home, then I will break it down but you seem to think that holding a piece of paper saying "graduate" means something when in this business its RESULTS that counts. Hey Vince, I even had a client at the NFL combines this weekend, how about you?

So tell me Joe, with 340k a year..why don't you have your own facility???  See, your little story doesn't make any bit of sense whatsoever. 
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »

Wow, how about that.  5 million in liability isn't much.  A 1,000,000 dollar policy is just 175 a year so you're talking out your ass when it comes to pricing.

340k all from making people flip tractor tires and pushing your truck around...... ::)

Time for me to hit the sack.  Thanks for the good laugh Joe....
A

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
This one here is pretty cool, Vince. I like the "potty" feature.

HAHA, RON.....

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
I dont doubt that bicepe machine is the bomb vince, but in a joking mood if we hit it with 1.21 jigawatts are we going to go back to the future with it
Odilly

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »
No of us can be sure how much Coach makes unless he's going to post his tax returns. But this much I can say: I am very familiar with the area that he lives in and that's some rich turf. You sure as hell better be bringing in a healthy 6 figure income to live there.

MJK

• Getbig III
  • BB is not a sport it's a business.
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »
Joe Marino made he money the easy way, he inherited it.
Welcome to Slovakia

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
In regard to our always vexing and bothersome Vince Basile, I think when it comes to designing and/or modifying exercise equipment he's a genius. I mean, I think close to Arthur Jones level. I think it pains him deeply that he was never able to get financing to lauch his own equipment our sell his designs to major companies like Cybex or Flex. It's his loss and it's our loss. So much talent confined to a single gym in Australia. If I were a multi-millionaire, or if I were Slacker, I'd definitely contract this cantankerous old geezer to design all or most of my equipment.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2010, 08:36:08 PM »

So tell me Joe, with 340k a year..why don't you have your own facility???  See, your little story doesn't make any bit of sense whatsoever. 

Well, let me own you once again Vince. Why don't I have my own facility? Because I pretty much have the run in the place I'm at. I pay $1200 per for 3 trainers an office and unlimited clientel. what does that mean Vince? they don't take a percentage, I;m not an employee of the gym(s), we also work out of another gym, most of the teams we train are done at their facilities. Do me a favor Vince, take off the "business seminar" off your site, your're not qualified.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
Joe Marino made he money the easy way, he inherited it.

Really? Who died?

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2010, 08:57:35 PM »
Well, let me own you once again Vince. Why don't I have my own facility? Because I pretty much have the run in the place I'm at. I pay $1200 per for 3 trainers an office and unlimited clientel. what does that mean Vince? they don't take a percentage, I;m not an employee of the gym(s), we also work out of another gym, most of the teams we train are done at their facilities. Do me a favor Vince, take off the "business seminar" off your site, your're not qualified.

some people don't understand un-necessary overhead...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2010, 08:58:52 PM »
Wow, how about that.  5 million in liability isn't much.  A 1,000,000 dollar policy is just 175 a year so you're talking out your ass when it comes to pricing.

340k all from making people flip tractor tires and pushing your truck around...... ::)

Time for me to hit the sack.  Thanks for the good laugh Joe....

Yes numbnuts, all from tire flipping ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2010, 09:01:16 PM »
In regard to our always vexing and bothersome Vince Basile, I think when it comes to designing and/or modifying exercise equipment he's a genius. I mean, I think close to Arthur Jones level. I think it pains him deeply that he was never able to get financing to lauch his own equipment our sell his designs to major companies like Cybex or Flex. It's his loss and it's our loss. So much talent confined to a single gym in Australia. If I were a multi-millionaire, or if I were Slacker, I'd definitely contract this cantankerous old geezer to design all or most of my equipment.

In inspiration maybe, but the execution looks to be the product of a lot of determined head scratching when a couple grand to a design engineer would have saved double that in fabrication costs, nevermind the fuckups and headaches.  Still, it's nice to see someone making an effort to innovate.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »
some people don't understand un-necessary overhead...

Well, one of the reasons why I decided to open my own facility is because (and I've explained this before in case you did not read it) I can open a facility in a warehouse (about .60sqft) with almost the same overhead I can training out of the gym I train from now. The benefits would be I can bring my teams in without pissing off other gym members by being crowded. When I train teams we train about 20 at a time separating JV players from Varsity as an example since they are not as advanced as Varsity athletes. So for example, when I train athletes, we split the times up. Right now it's offseason football, 60 on the roster so we split it 6am, 2pm and 6:30pm for a total of 60 athletes for that day.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2010, 09:38:45 PM »
In inspiration maybe, but the execution looks to be the product of a lot of determined head scratching when a couple grand to a design engineer would have saved double that in fabrication costs, nevermind the fuckups and headaches.  Still, it's nice to see someone making an effort to innovate.

I don't know. I've know Basile for some years now from IronAge when we use to get along (I think he kind of went off the deep end the last couple of years) but when it comes to bodybuilding and exercise equipment he knows his shit. You don't survive in this industry for a 100 years for nothing. Of course, I can't know for sure because I haven't tried his stuff but I know people that I respect who have and they think his stuff is a work of art. I'm just going by the principles he outlines and it seems sound to me. Just like when I first read about the Nautilus Pullover and how it took the biceps, the weak link, out of the equation and enable a full range of motion with variable resistance. It sounded good on paper but whether it could be achieved is another thing. Then when I used it I thought it was brilliant. Of course most people never use that machine right and pull with their hands in a swinging motion and not drive in with their elbows. Yates consider the pullover to be the foundation of his back routine.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »
I don't know. I've know Basile for some years now from IronAge when we use to get along (I think he kind of went off the deep end the last couple of years) but when it comes to bodybuilding and exercise equipment he knows his shit. You don't survive in this industry for a 100 years for nothing. Of course, I can't know for sure because I haven't tried his stuff but I know people that I respect who have and they think his stuff is a work of art. I'm just going by the principles he outlines and it seems sound to me. Just like when I first read about the Nautilus Pullover and how it took the biceps, the weak link, out of the equation and enable a full range of motion with variable resistance. It sounded good on paper but whether it could be achieved is another thing. Then when I used it I thought it was brilliant. Of course most people never use that machine right and pull with their hands in a swinging motion and not drive in with their elbows. Yates consider the pullover to be the foundation of his back routine.

Vince Basile invented the eccentric phase!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2010, 10:05:07 PM »
Vince Basile invented the eccentric phase!

Vince Basile invented inventing.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2010, 10:12:09 PM »

In a land before time.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2010, 10:51:23 PM »

THERE IS A GOD.....AND HIS NAME IS VINCE...VINCE BASILE!
HAHA, RON.....

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2010, 11:00:24 PM »
Coach was dissing my PT business out of the blue for no reason yet he never finished college and has no formal certification, diploma or degree whatsoever to even call himself a strength and conditioning coach.  He turned a great website that 240 designed into a pile of shit with attaching a NEOEASE wordpress site inside which his babble about fitness which doesn't make since and is filled with profanity.  

At least I'm qualified to do my job and I don't lie about my income.  There's no personal trainer in the US that's making 340k a year unless he's selling steroids.  Even the President of the US's personal trainer doesn't make 340k a year.... ::)

You are not qualified you fucking moron.  You have never ever ever proved you have even trained one person.  You don't even train at a real gym (if you even train).  You said you train out of some community center.  There is not a gym in your area that allows you to train people or yourself.  you are fucking idiot.  Do honestly think anyone on here believes your shit.  you do not have one person on any board that supports you.  Do you realize you do not belong anywhere.  You sure got balls calling out anyone about personal training or anything for that matter.  I have told you once and I have told you a million times you are good at two things and two things ONLY, that is sucking the pale white cock of Queer Vissy and taking it in ass on a daily basis.  other than those two things you ain't qualified or allowed to say shoit about anything.  Got that BOY!  Sometimes your meds take over your senses and you perspective where you belong.  I hope this helps.......you fucking dipshit.

Now on a lighter subject, Basile's has his shit together with the gym and designing of the equipment.  Anyone who says anything to the contrary obviously hasn't been in a real gym and probably likes to work out on those electronic machines and shit.  His gym is big and very well equipped.  Not many gyms have 400 pieces of equipment especially with most of them built to last a million years like Basile builds his.  very heavy duty.
No Worries 4 me

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2010, 11:12:33 PM »
Did I read right where Vince stated that no trainer in the world makes 340k? Is he serious? No wonder why he's only makes $6k a year, he doesn't believe it can be done and he's charging for "business seminars? LOL!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »
Got to call you out for inelegance, Vince.  How about getting supination resistance by using a variable torsion spring instead of a cable to a stack and all that entails?  The rotating resistance bar could be sleeved with another notched section to accommodate the small amount of linear slide required through the client's range of motion, and to make sure it fits everyone.  Incorporate a rotational stop which can be pulled out of it's seat against a low resistance spring or by way of a locking pin to allow the client to set the supination resistance by rotating the handle before working.

Btw, your leg press looks like it might want another linear bearing on each side.  Do you get problems with it binding or do you find yourself having to replace damaged bearings a lot?  It looks like it might have issues if someone is pushing harder with one leg than another.

The spring resistance for supination was patented long ago. I wanted a more controlled resistance so use smaller plates. 2.5 kg increments. There are always several engineering solutions to any design so it is good that you show some initiative here.

My leg presses have never had to have bearings replaced and some have been around since 1983. I have the original leg press I made and it has the original bearings. Each bearing takes more load than any human can lift. I overengineered this machine heaps because I didn't want anything bending or breaking. The trouble with using linear bearings is the precision required. Titan people in Adelaide needed my help because their standard wasn't high enough. I measured the distance between the shafts of a leg press they installed in Sydney years ago and it was 6 mm difference between the top and bottom. No wonder it had problems. You are working with tolerances of tenths of a millimetre! 4 Thompson Linear bearings for 1 1/2 inch shafts was sufficient.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2010, 11:25:29 PM »
I can't believe that Goodrum tries to hijack a thread with my name! That nincompoop has soiled the good name that 'Vince' has in bodybuilding. Vince Gironda, Vince Taylor, Vince Comerford, and so on. The stooge should stick with his real name, Melvin, and retire that Vince G CSN MFT nonsense.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2010, 11:30:03 PM »
I can't believe that Goodrum tries to hijack a thread with my name! That nincompoop has soiled the good name that 'Vince' has in bodybuilding. Vince Gironda, Vince Taylor, Vince Comerford, and so on. The stooge should stick with his real name, Melvin, and retire that Vince G CSN MFT nonsense.

Goodrum has soiled many other things too beside his panties.  He soiled the black race, the male gender, people with sub 60 IQ, retarded people. morons, imbecile's, clinically insane among many others.  He HAS soiled the name "Vince" but that is just one of his (self proclaimed) accomplishments.
No Worries 4 me