Author Topic: Scott Steiner  (Read 11693 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Scott Steiner
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Scott Steiner
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:49:45 AM »
I miss his valet Midaja. She was a piece of ass. 

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 01:11:13 PM »
Holy hell she was hot

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »
WCW always hired some quality tail.
That was maybe the only thing they consistently managed to NOT fukk up.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
WCW always hired some quality tail.
That was maybe the only thing they consistently managed to NOT fukk up.

Absolutely. Thats where Torri Wilson, Terri Runnels, Stacey Kiebler and a few others came from and they were HOT.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »
Absolutely. Thats where Torri Wilson, Terri Runnels, Stacey Kiebler and a few others came from and they were HOT.
Scott was 50 IQ's dumber than Rick!!!!
((-::

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 05:18:34 AM »
Scott was 50 IQ's dumber than Rick!!!!
Scott Steiner was the shit back in 1997-2001 in WCW. He had a great gimmick as the "hot headed bodybuilder / violent wrestler" who bullied every one. I love when he told Goldberg in an interview prior to their match at Fall Brawl, "Size does matter!". Lol...in real life he is a very tough son of a bitch that wouldn't hesitate for a second to kick the shit out of someone. He beat the crap out of Diamond Dallas Page and Kimberly backstage in a live WCW Nitro event after they both had Tammy Lynn Sytch aka "Sunny" fired for claiming she was doing drugs in a bathroom stall which was a complete false as there were other witnesses claiming they saw Sytch arrive at the arena and talk to the bookers for the entire time. 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
Scott Steiner was the shit back in 1997-2001 in WCW. He had a great gimmick as the "hot headed bodybuilder / violent wrestler" who bullied every one. I love when he told Goldberg in an interview prior to their match at Fall Brawl, "Size does matter!". Lol...in real life he is a very tough son of a bitch that wouldn't hesitate for a second to kick the shit out of someone. He beat the crap out of Diamond Dallas Page and Kimberly backstage in a live WCW Nitro event after they both had Tammy Lynn Sytch aka "Sunny" fired for claiming she was doing drugs in a bathroom stall which was a complete false as there were other witnesses claiming they saw Sytch arrive at the arena and talk to the bookers for the entire time. 
87-2001 was when WCW went to the crapper.  NWO tried to be the Four Horsemen which was totally p'thetic.   I was a big NWA/WCW fan. But for some reason they kept bringing in WWF's circus freaks which made it a joke.   HOLLYWOOD HOGAN???????     Ric Steiner was hilarius though   perfect Poster Guy for Michigan huh?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »
If they wanted to bring back the Horseman, they should have brought back the Horseman.
I realize the stable changed a good bit over the years, but that last incarnation they had…FFS.

Benoit belonged.
Malenko – okay, albeit a somewhat diluted version of “The Crippler.”
But, Mongo? WTF? ???

Bischoff got the idea for the NWO from a Japanese promotion that did a very similar thing.
I liked the idea and think it worked in the beginning – until there were more of WCW’s roster in NWO than not – especially when they split the NWO into two factions.
Just another example of a “brilliant move” that ruined great intentions.

Bischoff likes to brag that WCW was #1 over RAW for close to 90 weeks.
Vince has been #1 for a lot more than that!
Sure, the old man’s gotten his ass kicked a few times, but his company never folded, whilst two of his direct competitors have.
Maybe soon to be THREE.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »
If they wanted to bring back the Horseman, they should have brought back the Horseman.
I realize the stable changed a good bit over the years, but that last incarnation they had…FFS.

Benoit belonged.
Malenko – okay, albeit a somewhat diluted version of “The Crippler.”
But, Mongo? WTF? ???

Bischoff got the idea for the NWO from a Japanese promotion that did a very similar thing.
I liked the idea and think it worked in the beginning – until there were more of WCW’s roster in NWO than not – especially when they split the NWO into two factions.
Just another example of a “brilliant move” that ruined great intentions.

Bischoff likes to brag that WCW was #1 over RAW for close to 90 weeks.
Vince has been #1 for a lot more than that!
Sure, the old man’s gotten his ass kicked a few times, but his company never folded, whilst two of his direct competitors have.
Maybe soon to be THREE.

WCW was the last time i ever watched a match on tv.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 05:21:01 AM »
People can say what they want but '96-'98 the NWO was HUGE. There wasn't a person that I didn't know that didn't have an NWO black & white tee shirt.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 06:28:30 AM »
The original incarnation was the best.
That was the biggest thing to hit wrestling during that time period, and it was Vince’s biggest threat during that decade.

Hogan, Hall, Nash, and the next several guys to join after that.
Those men were huge draws and knew how to make the angles pop.

Regardless of the reason for having 35 more people join the faction(s), by the time guys like Virgil came on board, the NWO meant nothing because it was “cheap & common,” as opposed to the bad boy elite.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »
The original incarnation was the best.
That was the biggest thing to hit wrestling during that time period, and it was Vince’s biggest threat during that decade.

Hogan, Hall, Nash, and the next several guys to join after that.
Those men were huge draws and knew how to make the angles pop.

Regardless of the reason for having 35 more people join the faction(s), by the time guys like Virgil came on board, the NWO meant nothing because it was “cheap & common,” as opposed to the bad boy elite.

Especially in the late 90's when every Nitro and Thunder ended up with 35 NWO members beating the shit out of 1 guy. But '96-'98 they were awesome.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 06:52:14 PM »
Best Big Poppa promo ever! He was indeed THE FUCKING MAN

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 04:00:16 AM »
Best Big Poppa promo ever! He was indeed THE FUCKING MAN

He was / is the straight shooter and he has the backing of a lot of people that agree with him on issues regarding the politics of the WWE & the old WCW.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 05:06:59 AM »
He was / is the straight shooter and he has the backing of a lot of people that agree with him on issues regarding the politics of the WWE & the old WCW.

Steiner developed a bit of a reputation as a strong arm bully - and rightfully so, but not everything he did was out of line.
As you mentioned, some of his points were legit.
Of course, there were also times when he did act out of line.

I remember reading some time around 1997/98 that he came upon a construction zone along the rode & was pissed that he had to stop/wait.
So, he started pulling forward until he was nudging a DOT worker with the front bumper of his big F-350 truck.
And, he did all of this while proudly wearing his NWO shirt.

I forget in which state that occurred, but he faced charges.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 08:14:44 AM »

Steiner developed a bit of a reputation as a strong arm bully - and rightfully so, but not everything he did was out of line.

I remember reading some time around 1997/98 that he came upon a construction zone along the rode & was pissed that he had to stop/wait.
So, he started pulling forward until he was nudging a DOT worker with the front bumper of his big F-350 truck.

Oh absolutely. He doesn't give a shit, plain & simple. He almost killed DDP & his wife backstage in WCW because they got ammy Lynn Sytch fired by spreading rumours she was high on crack backstage.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »
Not where I come from. In my High School anyone that watched wrestling whatever the grade we were all kinda connected. WWF was it. The only time I honestly watched it was when Perfect first went to WCW and early Goldberg when he didn't talk. I don't know the history of the NWO because I never watched it. Thank God! 
Well I hate to admit it but the television ratings spoke for themselves during that time and they were through the roof. Especially when Hogan appeared on the Jay Leno show with his black & white get up.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »

I believe he did get an assault charge out of that, and another one a couple years later when he hit a stage crew member on a Nitro taping. He seemed a little extreme at times, but i believe he knew the difference between right and wrong and just plain and simply stood up for the 'little guy' most of the time. Seemed like a truthful individual to me regardless of the jealous hate he gets for it.

Any info on that DDP thing? I heard he put Dallas on the ground like a rag doll and nearly took one of his eyes out!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 04:54:52 AM »
I believe he did get an assault charge out of that, and another one a couple years later when he hit a stage crew member on a Nitro taping. He seemed a little extreme at times, but i believe he knew the difference between right and wrong and just plain and simply stood up for the 'little guy' most of the time. Seemed like a truthful individual to me regardless of the jealous hate he gets for it.

Any info on that DDP thing? I heard he put Dallas on the ground like a rag doll and nearly took one of his eyes out!
DDP was shooting his mouth off at a Nitro taping telling everyone that his wife Kimberly has Tammy Sytch (aka "Sunny") fired for drugs. WCW management took Kimberly's word for it based on Tammy's past history of rec drug abuse and fired her. Scott Steiner who was good friends with Tammy basically approached DDP and basically kicked the shit out of him and smacked his wife Kimberly around too. No charges were laid out but the boys backstage were all congratulating Steiner on what he did because DDP was know as a crybaby and a guy who never paid his does and was making a ridiculous amount of money (1.5 mill per year). 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 05:23:55 AM »
I never liked Page.
I've never met him, and I've only heard a few things about him, but I never liked him, his look, his character, or his ring work.

Other than the generalized conclusion that "it was WCW," I really can't see why DDP was a top player.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »
I never liked Page.
I've never met him, and I've only heard a few things about him, but I never liked him, his look, his character, or his ring work.

Other than the generalized conclusion that "it was WCW," I really can't see why DDP was a top player.

He got the people / fans wired up. That's about it. Over paid and over rated he certainly was. Not to mention he was a crybaby backstage. Like someone else we all know who recently retired from the WWE.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »
DDP was shooting his mouth off at a Nitro taping telling everyone that his wife Kimberly has Tammy Sytch (aka "Sunny") fired for drugs. WCW management took Kimberly's word for it based on Tammy's past history of rec drug abuse and fired her. Scott Steiner who was good friends with Tammy basically approached DDP and basically kicked the shit out of him and smacked his wife Kimberly around too. No charges were laid out but the boys backstage were all congratulating Steiner on what he did because DDP was know as a crybaby and a guy who never paid his does and was making a ridiculous amount of money (1.5 mill per year). 

Jesus Steiner was a badass in those days. Went to a live Nitro way back when (say 2000?) we went to the arena early and briefly ran into him at the restaurant. He seemed calm but still very intimidating demeanor for some reason.

And your totally right on the DDp thing. Sounds to me like he got everything on a silver spoon in WCW just because of the people he knew. Always seemed cocky, arrogant and self righteous like he'd been around forever. Ran around backstage doing whatever he wants acting like king shit till he ran into a brick wall (Scott Steiner) and got beaten like a dog by the sounds of it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »
He got the people / fans wired up. That's about it. Over paid and over rated he certainly was. Not to mention he was a crybaby backstage. Like someone else we all know who recently retired from the WWE.

Okay, it was a long day...
 ;D

Who?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 04:43:22 AM »

Okay, it was a long day...
 ;D

Who?
Shawn Michaels