Author Topic: How to limit forearm growth  (Read 2356 times)

ShortMonster

• Getbig II
How to limit forearm growth
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:20:42 PM »
Long story short my forearms over take my arms in mass. Forearms are hit in almost every exercise I do, especially for arms. What are some ways to limit my forearm growth while having the appearance of my biceps and triceps appear bigger?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: How to limit forearm growth
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 05:52:10 PM »
Long story short my forearms over take my arms in mass. Forearms are hit in almost every exercise I do, especially for arms. What are some ways to limit my forearm growth while having the appearance of my biceps and triceps appear bigger?

Wish that was my problem...
S

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:54:34 PM »
Straps.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ShortMonster

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »
Straps.

I do use them a lot of the time. On certain exercises like BB curls or french presses I cant use them. Any other alternative you can think of?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 06:23:32 PM »
Post some pics, popeye.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »
I think you're asking the wrong question, you should be figuring out how to make your arms grow to catch up to your forearms. There are Pro's out there with weak forearms, you should consider yourself lucky. Of course I am saying all this considering the fact that you actually do have extremely developed forearms.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »
Simple things first. Sometime guy's will almost have a death grip on a BB/DB/cables when curling. Not really needed if you can get by with a looser grip. Lessens the tension on the grip/forearms themselves. Can also apply a false grip (thumbs under the bar). More like cradling the bar than having a grip (tight or otherwise).

If trying to reduce the influence (or as much as you can) of the forearms in a curling action I might suggest the following: close grip BB (or E_Z bar as second choice) curls. This would be very close grip, about 4 to 6 inches apart. Have the elbows braced against the waist if standing. Can also do these off the end of a bench, with the elbows pressed against the inner thighs or resting the elbows off the end of the bench (probably could use a folded towel for the elbows ). Too the extreme, try extra wide grip BB curls also. Even drag curls focus on the biceps very well. Another exceptions biceps builder are close curl grip chins, all the way up to the upper pecs. If done right you will feel it strongly in the biceps.

With DB's you may consider incline curls. Start from the bottom position, with the thumbs facing forward. As curling up, slowly twist the thumbs/wrist inward (one of the functions of the biceps is to twist the wrist outward). At the top position the thumbs should be pointing away from the body. Should also feel a bicep cramp when doing this. Actually any pure BB'ing type DB cirling is done like that. Either way, get a better focus on the arms. Scott/Gironda bench curls, DB or BB is also very good.

Lot of other ways, like leaning into the bar, elbows high, when doing regular BB curls, etc. In any event, just have to do a little self exploring to see which method may work the best for you. And you only. Good Luck.
F

ShortMonster

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
Thanks bro. You always give great answers.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 12:49:28 AM »
Unbelievable.

My calves are too big...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 02:22:48 PM »

I hate you...

ShortMonster

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 06:11:19 PM »

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
Unbelievable.

My calves are too big...

lol
S