Author Topic: Living in London (gangs etc)  (Read 11459 times)

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
Re: Living in London (gangs etc)
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »
I visited some relatives in England this Summer. A small town/village in the middle of no-where, Derbyshire.  My Uncle told me it would be (in the next few days) the site of that year's National Front rally. Can you believe it!? I wonder if MattC was a featured speaker?

Hahahahaha!!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »
damn good acid jazz sense

jazz in general

Valane

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 04:05:16 PM »
Violent crime rates:

In the UK it is 2,034 per 100,000 people.

In the US it is 469 per 100,000 people.

Perspective on the matter.

Imagine a ghetto or a trailer park and times it by 10, pretty much what the whole country is representative of.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
Violent crime rates:

Imagine a ghetto or a trailer park and times it by 10, pretty much what the whole country is representative of.

Put guns in the hands of law abiding citizens and watch their crime rate plummet.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Not sure that would be very popular with the monarchy though...  :-\
S

Crossbow

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 05:53:09 PM »
Violent crime rates:

where do these numbers come from ?

Valane

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 06:08:50 PM »
where do these numbers come from ?

My mind.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
Put guns in the hands of law abiding citizens and watch their crime rate plummet.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Not sure that would be very popular with the monarchy though...  :-\

You sir are correct !

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 08:57:02 PM »
Britain is a shithole, you dont need statistics to realise walking around there is more scum there than a America and thats saying something and it will only get worse with all the minorities moving in.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
Britain is a shithole, you dont need statistics to realise walking around there is more scum there than a America and thats saying something and it will only get worse with all the minorities moving in.

dont get it?  more immigrants/migrants in that states. who's the problem child in jolly of england.

Birbeck/College Hospital

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 09:06:33 PM »
Its not as bad as you think at all!

I lived there for 2 years and my parents still have an apartment there (in the South West area) which I use whenever I go visit some friends or vacation.

Personally I love london, always have a blast when I'm there, its expensive as hell though, and sure there are some bad areas but I think there are bad areas anywhere in the world!

Have some Banouffie pie when you go - probably the only good British food!

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
London is a fucking shithole that is full of cockney gobshites that cant pronounce their r's or th's; a burgeoning feral underclass; hordes of vile Somalians and a smug, Guardian reading white middleclass.

However, in answer to the OP's question, I would look at renting somewhere in Canning Town, Barking or Dagenham. All are cheap and you will get to have an authentic experience of living in London.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 12:29:07 AM »
full of cockney gobshites

Right you are, Guv.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 03:12:14 AM »
I am thinking about going there for a longer period.
I have just seen the video below. Is it really that bad in this city?  ???

I googled it and learned that there are only a few boroughs where I don't get stabbed at broad daylight. Of course these are the one where I could rent a studio for hundreds of pounds per week...
Any secret tip on a cheaper, but quiet and friendly suburban area?

Disappointing, i never saw anything like that when i was in London in early 90s/late 80s.

You could walk around freely in London back then.
Q

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 04:20:37 AM »
Just stay away from Hackney, Peckham, Tottenham and Brixton and youll be ok.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 04:36:04 AM »
Isn't England much safer than the US? I thought cops don't even carry guns there, is that true? Anyways there are thugs and gangs anywhere in the world but if people can live in cities like Detroit, Baltimour and St Louise I'm sure anywhere in the UK would be fine. Even the rougher spots of London and Manchester would be like Beverly hills compared to some of the major cities in the USA and places like Compton.

Just watched the video and they say SEVERAL TEENAGERS DIED FROM VIOLENCE LAST YEAR! Wow, several! What an epidemic they have there. Hell in Toronto we have more people killed from gang violence than that. They said they were all black victims and there killers were all black too. Why is it that the blacks are doing 90% of the killing in Canada and the UK? In 2005 here in Canada it was dubbed by the papers "the summer of the gun". Out of the 75 murders in Toronto 62 were blacks killed by other blacks. Yet they still cry "racist" when they are profiled accordingly.
True
Its just dumb fucking blacks

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 04:39:30 AM »
But real English people are decent people
Like real irish people here are honest hardworking people
We,like england,and america before us,are taking in the worlds scum
We dont need or want africans,romanians or latvians
They are no benefit to us,or england
I wonder what is our governments hidden agenda by happily allowing the scum come here and live comfortably on welfare here

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 04:42:19 AM »
There are some dangerous areas in America but difference in UK is that you have a chance of getting jumped by 5 angry drunks in any town, its just the nature of the football/beer culture.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 05:06:45 AM »
Canning Town, Barking or Dagenham.

Why would you recommend anyone to those areas!
The only good thing about Canning Town was the Bridge House but that was pulled down years ago.
Dagenham and Barking have cheap rents because they are awful places to live!

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 05:13:01 AM »
Why would you recommend anyone to those areas!
The only good thing about Canning Town was the Bridge House but that was pulled down years ago.
Dagenham and Barking have cheap rents because they are awful places to live!

So he would get the real London experience and meet charming, "cor blimey, guv" salt of the earth types.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2010, 06:22:21 AM »
hmmm im from Scotland but visit London twice a year for family and ive nothing but good things to say about the place, and if anyone would have a gripe with English it should be a Scottish person.Bullshit what people on here are saying.You should try Glasgow if you think London may be rough  ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »
But real English people are decent people
Like real irish people here are honest hardworking people
We,like england,and america before us,are taking in the worlds scum
We dont need or want africans,romanians or latvians
They are no benefit to us,or england

I wonder what is our governments hidden agenda by happily allowing the scum come here and live comfortably on welfare here

LOL @ the irony, with a nick like OKAMI

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »
I never lived in London but was there for a week and traveled to Bath & York.  Thought the architecture and landscape was beautiful.  Enjoyed the pubs too.  If I had to live there, it would definitely be York & Bath before London, unless in some of the suburbs. 
There are a lot of everyone in London, for the most part it seemed fine...when we got to an area in east London, it seemed we were in the middle east though...and I'm cool with most middle eastern people but the culture of the whole area seemed different (non-assimilated).  I think the English may have gone overboard with their lax immigration policies and their entitlements which attracts low income foreigners.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2010, 02:23:07 PM »
LOL @ the irony, with a nick like OKAMI
Its Japanese for wolf,how the fuck is that irony?

Crossbow

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2010, 03:07:37 PM »
I am thinking about going there for a longer period.
I have just seen the video below. Is it really that bad in this city?  ???

I googled it and learned that there are only a few boroughs where I don't get stabbed at broad daylight. Of course these are the one where I could rent a studio for hundreds of pounds per week...
Any secret tip on a cheaper, but quiet and friendly suburban area?

Violent crime is much lower in Britain than in America and according to crime statistics by Scotland Yard London crime has been steadily declining for many years. The British media however loves to dramatize crime, because bad news sells better.

So i wouldn't be that concerned. Like in every big city (London has more than 8 million people) there are areas that are less safe than others.
I have lived in London for 8 years and go everywhere on my bike (bicycle, not motorbike) including some so called "bad" neighbourhoods and never got into any tricky situation.

What do you want to do in London ? What is important to you ?

Apartment prices mainly depend on the post code, which then determines which schools kids go to and on transport links. So if you don't have kids in school age and therefore don't care about schools, you can find good deals at the border between good and not so good post codes.

The presence of a good tube (subway) station can make entire areas very pricy. Many places that don't have tube stations can still have good connections with buses or overland trains, and are significantly less expensive.

In general there is central London (subway zone 1) which is very expensive, then there is a ring of not so nice but relatively central neighbourhoods, followed by a ring of suburban family friendly neighbourhoods.

There are some areas that are very popular with foreigners because they featured in literature or movies (St. James, Chelsea, Notting Hill) or because they have international (French, Italian, German etc.) schools (South Kensington). These tend to be very overpriced.

There are very nice areas with not so good transport links that are affordable: Crouch End for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crouch_End . Great for families, but don't expect any trendy nightclubs...

Valane

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »
Violent crime is much lower in Britain than in America and according to crime statistics by Scotland Yard London crime has been steadily declining for many years. The British media however loves to dramatize crime, because bad news sells better.

So i wouldn't be that concerned. Like in every big city (London has more than 8 million people) there are areas that are less safe than others.
I have lived in London for 8 years and go everywhere on my bike (bicycle, not motorbike) including some so called "bad" neighbourhoods and never got into any tricky situation.

What do you want to do in London ? What is important to you ?

Apartment prices mainly depend on the post code, which then determines which schools kids go to and on transport links. So if you don't have kids in school age and therefore don't care about schools, you can find good deals at the border between good and not so good post codes.

The presence of a good tube (subway) station can make entire areas very pricy. Many places that don't have tube stations can still have good connections with buses or overland trains, and are significantly less expensive.

In general there is central London (subway zone 1) which is very expensive, then there is a ring of not so nice but relatively central neighbourhoods, followed by a ring of suburban family friendly neighbourhoods.

There are some areas that are very popular with foreigners because they featured in literature or movies (St. James, Chelsea, Notting Hill) or because they have international (French, Italian, German etc.) schools (South Kensington). These tend to be very overpriced.

There are very nice areas with not so good transport links that are affordable: Crouch End for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crouch_End . Great for families, but don't expect any trendy nightclubs...

Scotland yard statistics are dubious at best, they probably register about one in ten violent crimes, thank goverment corruption for these fixed figures. Even then they are shockingly bad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

Worst in europe, far in excess of America.

As i previously stated, it is a cultural abyss.