Author Topic: Living in London (gangs etc)  (Read 11446 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Living in London (gangs etc)
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2010, 05:56:52 AM »
social warefare is a great thing if it is not abused.

i was unemployed for a while due to circumstances beyond my control, had nowhere to stay etc (well i could have stayed with friends, family). The government payed me unemployment cash until i found my feet again, and they also put me up in a b&b untill i found a flat.

Having worked since the age of 16, and payed tax the entire time. i'm sure i did not use a fraction of what i've payed into the system. But the fact remains when i needed it my government stepped in  8)

i am now working again and paying tax, and i may never need this help again, but its good to know its there should i ever need it, for me and many others in my circumstances. i.e. people who want to work and are not happy taking handouts.

there are however people who have never worked a day in their life here who take every handout going, and will never pay back into the system. They simply do not want to work. Lots of them also like to abuse their bodies with drug or alcohol which further drains the system with the free health care they require. This is where the system falls apart  >:(

However i think there is a simple solution to this problem - national service.

Should someone be unable or unwilling to find work, they can work for their government.
175lbs by 31st July

Purge_WTF

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »
  Don't know if anyone's moentioned it yet, but Lambeth Green is one of the sections of London that you should probably steer clear of.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2010, 04:38:55 PM »
you have to deal with families that can trace their roots back 20000000000000 years to within a square mile of where they live.

& You can trace your roots back 200 years can you? 

And wow, you are one of the 1 in 10000000 Americans who has bothered to apply for a passport to travel and are now able to criticise the rest of the world?

The English language and my politeness and culture don't allow me strong enough adjectives to describe your ignorance

xxxLinda in London

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »
Someone ought explain to you our National Health and Social Welfare systems which were put in place after WWII.  They nearly worked.

Oh and has anyone ever explained to you the Commonwealth?  Don't you remember Australia Africa America India etc?  It's payback time and Britain must take all comers.

Really little tiny island here

xxx

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »
Someone ought explain to you our National Health and Social Welfare systems which were put in place after WWII.  They nearly worked.

Oh and has anyone ever explained to you the Commonwealth?  Don't you remember Australia Africa America India etc?  It's payback time and Britain must take all comers.  Disaster.

Little tiny island here

xxx
Nice point.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »
No worries, it's funny.  

Perfectly understandable.
Everyone on the planet wants and needs to learn to speak English don't they?

Ergo, everyone wants to come to England.  & London is the centre of the universe.  It's wonderful.

xL
(I live in zone 1, very central, near Paddington, halfway between Queen's Park and Westbourne Park, kinda Made of Ale/Not in Hell.

So maybe I'm now upper middle class & biased...

I've been here in this same flat for 17 years.  Travelled all over the world   ...I went to a party here south of the river once, in Brixton, it was fantastic.  When I lived in NYC for a year I went to both Brooklyn and the Bronx.  So far I'm safe.  Feel somewhat sorry for some kids nowadays though.

But it's okay, it's nice and I'm nice.  It's easy to be nice.  
More often than not, most people are nice back.
Do have a pleasant and peaceful Sunday (Spring Equinox) evening and be sure to take care.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2010, 05:24:48 PM »

I've been here in this same flat for 17 years. ...I went to a party here south of the river once, in Brixton, it was fantastic.  

That vida loca is gonna burn you out, honey!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2010, 05:29:11 PM »
That vida loca is gonna burn you out, honey!

q'est que c'est la (forgive my French) "vida loca" darling?  Is that Mexican or espanola for >>>mad life?

Or wha?
x

Anyways, I'm nowhere near through even half my life.  & I wanna spend 6 months a year in India

They are truly lovely to Brits in India.  Whereas Americans are so extremely rude wherever and whenever.

Sad thing is that if I leave Britain, there'll be room here for another weirdo.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2010, 05:36:50 PM »
q'est que c'est "vida loca" darling?  Is that Mexican or espanola for >>>mad life?

Or wha?
x

Anyways, I'm nowhere near through even half my life.  & I wanna spend 6 months a year in India

They are truly lovely to Brits in India.  Whereas Americans are so extremely rude.

Sad thing is that if I leave Britain, there'll be room for another weirdo.

We're not rude.  We're just crass.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2010, 05:47:33 PM »
well put

and crass rhymes with ass

...we are two matching cheeks on a bum.

xxxL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2010, 05:51:53 PM »
find me another few delinquents like you and me and we've got a gang happening...

only kidding
gotta go, leave you now (work tomorrow,  & it's 12:51am here

but I continue to resent rubbish spoken about London.  It's the best city in the world, innit?

xxx L
in
da

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2010, 11:48:40 PM »
well put

and crass rhymes with ass

...we are two matching cheeks on a bum.

xxxL

Straight to the ass.  No wonder they call you XXX!  Butt wouldn't it have to be 'crarse' ya pale pommie chip binger?  :D

Know what London needs?  A MONSTER TRUCK RALLY!  With BMX, all up & down Hampstead Heath.  WRRRRR RRRRRRRR GRRRRRR FUCK YEAH!!!