Author Topic: Mind Set etc of a 150 llb loser  (Read 12358 times)

newmom

Mind Set etc of a 150 llb loser
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:41:22 PM »
Okay here it is, didn't want to take away from Boosts binge eating thread.

As most know, feb 2008 I walked into weight watchers and the gym weighing 263llbs. In one year, I got down to 110 pounds. I barely ate junk food, maybe once or twice a month. Around March, I started having a cheat meal once a week. Then I thought ok weekend I eat what I want. It was fine for awhile and I maintained that weight. Most people said I looked really sick (not in a good way). Well, I started getting severeeeeeeee abdonimal pains late at night usually after when I had a cheat meal or two. So I stopped doing it, well then it turned into no matter what I ate. Twice in 24 hours on a Sunday, I was sent via ambulance to the ER room just to get morphine in me. My doctor scheduled an emergency galdstone surgery, low and behold 300 stones removed. Havent had any of that pain since.

I used to be an emotional eater, no matter what my emotions are. Food was my entertainment. Single mom, ending a 7 year relationship..all got the best of me and I ate and ate. Weight watchers was very successfull for me. It kept me committed. In MY mind, I will loose the weight if I pay 42 bucks a month to get weighed. Now mind you, we all know how to eat right and exercise, but I couldnt do it on my own. As most know, my daughters father competes nationally so I knew what to do. I was obsessed with the scale, to the point I would weigh myself 5 to 6 times a day, even if I ate a salad, I would weigh myself. I didnt eat weight watchers food, that is not what they teach, for me it was more of being disciplined and being held accountable. I put on 10llbs to keep it 120 which was a tad better look for me, however most say I was still skinny.

Moving forward to summer of 2009. I started training for my 1st marathon. I was already doing 5 to 6 miles a day. I increased the amount of miles to almost 8 or 9 6 days a week. On top of that, I started doing the stairclimber after work for about 45-50 minutes a day. I ate very clean. I kept that up until mid september. I wanted to lean out  (I was already lean but wanted to be as light as I can be). I ate only 700 calories a day. According to the treadmill on the am run, I burned about 800 calories running, stairclimber was increased to 70 min at night for 1200 calories burned (yes I know they are not completely accurate) but I dont think they are that off.

Right now Im currently weighing 130 and Im 5ft3. To me Im holding 10 llbs of extra weight and you will see in photos I will post shortly.
I DONT lift weights at all, I will when I get down to 120 (give me 3 weeks). I know muscle weighs more than fat, I know if you lift you burn more calories because your muscles are burning fat when you sleep, I know Im what is called skinny fat, I get it and know it. But you have to understand. When you weigh yourself every week at weight watchers, it's instilled in your brains. I like being the size zero and or size one, its what I like. Have  I lost muscle tissue, yea I m sure I have. I admitted I'm stubborn and dont want to hear what Im doing wrong, I get it and dont mind what people have to say, I hear it from my daughters father.

Right now the racing season is starting. I like to be pretty lean. Do i have jiggles and cottage cheese on my ass, YEEPERS.

My routine and eating right now to be in premarathon shape.
Wake up at 5am, run 6 miles 500 calories at least
7am Have coffee and 4 egg whites and 2 cups of wheat pasta, sweet potatoes or rice
Lunch..usually grilled chicken breast and raw green peppers, cucumbers or what ever veggie I have
Snack..Lowfat yogurt
2nd cardio 70 min on stairclimber 1100-1200 calories burned
Dinner salad plain, maybe tuna fish in it

Supplements, multi, fish oil, zinc and calcium

Now to maintain I tweek it..I will eat steak or chicken for dinner with veggies or use a weight watchers recipe..like my yummy meatloaf minis

I know once I do weight training, a new eating plan that Ralph will help me with.

I haven't touched a weight (did a few times last year) in about 8 years. I'll throw up a picture to show I have pretty good muscle memory.
Do I have excess skin, just a little on my lower abs (only surgery will get rid of it)

Flame away boys

Biceps, ugh that ugly bathroom was at work (and please save the sidekick wise cracks)

Calves

2 days before the marathon

Ugh this was me crossing the finish line damn I love this picture

Me a few weeks ago before my galdstone surgery, you can see how pasty I was from always being in constant pain

2 weeks ago (ugh see the extra jiggles gross but its almost gone thank god)

newmom

Re: Mind Set etc of a 150 llb looser
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:44:22 PM »
Nite after the marathon

newmom

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »
me March of last year, at my thinnist 110 llbs..and please I dont wanna hear the wise cracks, no make and hair a big mess but

newmom

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »
1/4 away to the finish line

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »
good job...i just started taking running seriously...i hate every second of it, but i committed myself so i will keep doing it....

bench

newmom

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »
thanks Bench..how can you hate running..gosh I cant have enough of running

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 07:17:28 PM »
thanks Bench..how can you hate running..gosh I cant have enough of running
i dont know, i just hate it.....sometimes while im running i get so bored i just want to shoot myself....

if i a running, and just stop, and then start walking its not because i am tired......its just cause i am bored out of my mind...i just have never been able to make it fun...

bench

newmom

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »
I'm going to assume you have music or something to keep ya going

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
I'm going to assume you have music or something to keep ya going
no...i tried that, it didnt work.....its one i those things i just have to force myself to like...i will eventually make myself like it...

bench

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 08:47:23 PM »
yo mom you gotta get off the weighing yourself kick I know what youre going through I used to do a martial art in which I had to watch and cut weight for about 8 years or so and weighed myself constantly. Still check my weight probably 4 or 5 times a week but I try to focus more on what I look like in the mirror rather than weight.

Get your butt in the gym and throw some weight around youll probably fall in love with it after a little while.

and I agree with bench running sucks donkey  ;D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 09:25:35 PM »
running blows

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »
Very well done!
Keep it up.
A friend of my wife's lost 56 kgs ( 123lbs) on Weight watchers as well, but has since put it all back on with interest so you can never let your guard down I suppose.

newmom

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 02:24:25 AM »
Very well done!
Keep it up.
A friend of my wife's lost 56 kgs ( 123lbs) on Weight watchers as well, but has since put it all back on with interest so you can never let your guard down I suppose.

I bet she stopped going huh..WHY do they do that, ugh

newmom

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 02:25:46 AM »
Going to the gym isnt the problem. Im there twice a day..530am (running a tad behind) need a little coffee this am and again at 430pm

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 02:55:39 AM »
I am PM here already so it cool  ;D

newmom

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 04:25:14 AM »
okay not sure what you mean powerpack

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 06:55:50 AM »
okay not sure what you mean powerpack
It means I live more than 6 hours ahead of you.
AM there PM here

newmom

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 06:56:47 AM »
ohhhhhhh im such a dork

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 07:29:27 AM »
ohhhhhhh im such a dork

basically  ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Mind Set etc of a 150 llb loser
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 05:05:59 AM »
Thanks for sharing your story with us newmom.  Your accomplishments are really extraordinary and inspiring!   8)

:)

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 05:19:20 AM »
no...i tried that, it didnt work.....its one i those things i just have to force myself to like...i will eventually make myself like it...

bench
try this over and over

newmom

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 06:58:11 AM »
Pugalist, that totallyyyyyyyy gets me going on my ipod..but my fav is Tiesto..Saw Tiesto when I lived in NYC he did a blistering 5 hour show

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 08:34:06 AM »
Thanks for this thread, newmom.

The day you first walked in to Weight Watchers had you already committed yourself to sticking w/it until you lost the weight?

We have a friend that is morbidly obese that has done WW and lost a lot of weight several times, only to blow back up later.  His wife is also obese and I don't think she's ever tried to lose it.  Our friend has terrible back and feet pain and has had several surgeries but he seems to keep getting bigger and bigger.  It's like he has given up.

What did you do when you struggled w/going back to your old ways? 

When you were obese was there anything someone could say to you to help you or motivate you or was that purely up to you?

Our friend is eating himself to death, one bite at a time :(
I believe once some one is to fat and beyond a certain age that is it

newmom

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
Stella,

The thing is I reached my aha moment. Was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I still get weighed at least twice a month to keep me on track. See even when I reached 110 I still went. It's mental. What happens with most weight watchers members, once they loose the weight THEY STOP going. See this is what I dont get. Once you reach a healthy weight for age and weight, my range was 117-147. I put my goal as 130. But once I reached 147, I went on what they call maintance. At that point, I was to maintain for 6 weeks (they encourage not to loose weight but I wasnt at my goal). After 6 weeks, as long as your not over your range. ITS FREE. So why stop going you dont have to pay. In my eyes, this will be a lifetime battle to keep it off and I KNOW THIS. It's almost the same as alcholism. I know I will have issues what I look like. I will always be that fat woman. Stella my daughters dad is a competive bodybuilder, and even though we weren't together after 2006, he saw me every month or so when his visits but it was all on me. NOONE ever said oh your getting fat or anything like that. Stella if I can help your friend in any way let me know. Some women at the gym said I'm inspirational, I dont know about that, but when they see me now (they have seen me loose all the weight and kept it off), most cant keep it off.

Helena

• Getbig II
  • Hand Basket
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 09:36:54 AM »
How long did it take you to become obese ?

How long were you obese before you had the aha moment ?

What would you have done if anyone HAD said "you are (getting)fat" ?

Would it have made a difference if it were a stranger or a friend -loved one saying that to you ?

Do you think you were mistreated in anyway when you were obese by anyone or society ?

GB