Author Topic: Sherief Benches Twice his Bodyweight, Owns Mossel  (Read 16439 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Sherief Benches Twice his Bodyweight, Owns Mossel
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »
No, it means you're stronger than him pound for pound, assuming he can't do the same. For you to be more muscular than Groink simply means you have more muscles than him, which you don't.

Sherief has never claimed that he has bigger muscles than Groink, he knows Groink is bigger.  When Sherief says his physique is better, it's based on his criteria where he values lean-ness in addition to muscle size.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 08:42:02 AM »
shape wise my legs are not bad!!..

and believe me i have a MUCH BETTER legs now than in this pic. which is more than 10 years ago!..

Fine...let's see them.

Have you noticed Sherif that unless your team nasser buddies are agreeing with you...no one else does, not ONE SINGLE PERSON????

I'm not trying to put you down sherif....I really don't care who has a better build, it's you that constantly compares yourself to me...not the other way around.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2010, 08:43:06 AM »
Fine...let's see them.

Have you noticed Sherif that unless your team nasser buddies are agreeing with you...no one else does, not ONE SINGLE PERSON????

I'm not trying to put you down sherif....I really don't care who has a better build, it's you that constantly compares yourself to me...not the other way around.

Honestly, I think the reason for this is that you are the one who he knows will constantly show unhappiness and argue back when he compares yourself to you  :)  You say you dont care but then why constantly argue over it?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 08:43:50 AM »
Sherief has never claimed that he has bigger muscles than Groink, he knows Groink is bigger.  When Sherief says his physique is better, it's based on his criteria where he values lean-ness in addition to muscle size.

Read his post - he says he's more muscular than Groink.

since i can bench press double my weight and you OF COURSE cant do the same so logically i am more muscular than you.. dont argue this is science..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2010, 08:44:18 AM »

I can agree with that...but based on the pics I've seen of him, it's not like he's sooooo ripped. he's a bit leaner, no doubt...if a drop 20 lbs i'm just as lean as he is and i would still be 230.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2010, 08:44:57 AM »
Read his post - he says he's more muscular than Groink.

His definition for "more muscular" is not meaning who has more raw muscle mass, he meant strength over bodyweight which his post made pretty obvious

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2010, 08:47:03 AM »
His definition for "more muscular" is not meaning who has more raw muscle mass, he meant strength over bodyweight which his post made pretty obvious

So if someone is stronger, you'd say he's more muscular than a weaker person even if the weaker guy has more muscle?

If he'd said I'm stronger than you, pound for pound, I wouldn't have corrected his flaw.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2010, 08:47:11 AM »
ah k i just saw that 130kg deadlift video and thought that was close to your max.

215 @ 83 kg is pretty good

hey man this 130 kg DL video is 16-17 reps!!!.. not one rep!.. and it was few months ago and i was 74 kg (nearly the same weight now)..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2010, 08:48:28 AM »
Fine...let's see them.

I'm not trying to put you down sherif....I really don't care who has a better build, it's you that constantly compares yourself to me FOR FUN...not the other way around.

fixed ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2010, 08:49:07 AM »
So if someone is stronger, you'd say he's more muscular than a weaker person even if the weaker guy has more muscle?

If he'd said I'm stronger than you, pound for pound, I wouldn't have corrected his flaw.

I didn't say that, I said explained what HIS definition of most muscular as, or what he meant by the term.  And like I said, the context of his post made it obvious what he meant too.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2010, 08:49:17 AM »
hey man this 130 kg DL video is 16-17 reps!!!.. not one rep!.. and it was few months ago and i was 74 kg (nearly the same weight now)..

I did not really watch the vid , just saw the pic and title and assumed that your dl max is about 130kg - my mistake.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2010, 08:50:40 AM »
Honestly, I think the reason for this is that you are the one who he knows will constantly show unhappiness and argue back when he compares yourself to you  :)  You say you dont care but then why constantly argue over it?

actually bobs, gronk started to compare himself to me first in my roof gym thread so i just answered him back.. it was like "hey gronk you want to play with the lion?.. ok here is what you want"... ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2010, 08:51:24 AM »
I didn't say that, I said explained what HIS definition of most muscular as, or what he meant by the term.  And like I said, the context of his post made it obvious what he meant too.

And he's wrong, hence my post. He's stronger than Groink, pound for pound in the bench, not more muscular.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2010, 08:52:27 AM »
by the way this was in 1999 and i was only 66 kg and after the contest i bench pressed 130 kg in the powerlifting contest which again was double my weight..

mossel: i have a video of this too :P
One strong mofo for sure although I'm not a member of Team Nasser, all the way good job. 8)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2010, 08:53:10 AM »
And he's wrong, hence my post. He's stronger than Groink, pound for pound in the bench, not more muscular.

Okay so you corrected Sherief on semantics only, and English is not even his first language

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2010, 08:53:26 AM »
I did not really watch the vid , just saw the pic and title and assumed that your dl max is about 130kg - my mistake.

i am not sure how much weight i can do now for one rep!.. may be 190 kg max.!..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2010, 08:56:11 AM »
Okay so you corrected Sherief on semantics only, and English is not even his first language

Translation:I argued the point and Kiwiol proved me wrong, so now I'll minimize the fact, even though i just was arguing the point for 5 posts.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2010, 08:56:39 AM »
One strong mofo for sure although I'm not a member of Team Nasser, all the way good job. 8)

the question is WHY? :P

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2010, 08:57:10 AM »

Since we're being slow, let me clarify - Sevastase probably benches / squats more than Paul Dillett, so are you saying he's more muscular than Dillett? Anyone would say he's stronger, but you of course would say he's more muscular.

But it's cool - you admit Sherief made a mistake saying that :D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
Translation:I argued the point and Kiwiol proved me wrong, so now I'll minimize the fact, even though i just was arguing the point for 5 posts.

I was just explaining Sherief's meaning of "more muscular" is, there was no disagreement between me and Kiwiol, but for some reason he thinks pointing out a differerence in semantics is a huge accomplishment worth posting 3-4 times about, so I rewarded him with a cookie ;)

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2010, 09:00:27 AM »
Can I ask how many of this Team Nasser has actually met Nasser.  I know Bigbobs has.  Anyone else
No Worries 4 me

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »
I was just explaining Sherief's meaning of "more muscular" is, there was no disagreement between me and Kiwiol, but for some reason he thinks pointing out a differerence in semantics is a huge accomplishment worth posting 3-4 times about, so I rewarded him with a cookie ;)

Confusing muscularity with strength is not a "difference in semantics", cause they aren't synonyms - it's a mistake.

Thanks for the cookie.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2010, 09:05:54 AM »
Since we're being slow, let me clarify - Sevastase probably benches / squats more than Paul Dillett, so are you saying he's more muscular than Dillett? Anyone would say he's stronger, but you of course would say he's more muscular.

But it's cool - you admit Sherief made a mistake saying that :D

so what, as great as he is sherief is not a GOD after all..

ops now some idiots will say i am a gimmick to talk about myself in the 3rd person ::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »

the question is WHY? :P
I dont know maybe its under consideration for the moment I'll just let him work on my car. ;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2010, 09:06:50 AM »
Can I ask how many of this Team Nasser has actually met Nasser.  I know Bigbobs has.  Anyone else

i meet him every day in my dreams, i see him, i feel him.. :-X