Author Topic: BIGOREXIA  (Read 8719 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: BIGOREXIA
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
Yeah  but she is not very happy with my size either  :(

how big are you?
X

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2010, 08:49:12 PM »
The guy has a poster of Ronnie hanging on the wall ....   I wonder if thats part of his disorder.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:02 PM »
The guy has a poster of Ronnie hanging on the wall ....   I wonder if thats part of his disorder.

lol

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
Anorexia can kill you. "Bigorexia" , unless you resort to drugs, will just leave you better looking, stronger and healthier. I don't see how the two equate.

Multifinality: they are at the core most likely the same psychopathologie, but result in different patterns of self-destructive behaviour.
Bigorexia, can have positive outcomes but at the cost of impeded functioning in (social) life, often bigorexics will go for drugs, lots of them! Think the Munzers of this world.
I agree that anorexia is often a more dangerous syndrome.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »
bigorexia is a subclass of bdd, unofficially. the majority of people with bdd dont have any issues about their actual body at all, most of them are concerned about the appearance of their face, nose, eyes, skin..
Thats what i mentioned before. BDD is not only about muscular appearance.....and like you just said, it can also be about how someones skin looks, etc. Overall, it just all has to do with size and shape of either your whole body or certain body parts. Bigorexia/Muscle Dysmorphia/BDD, when it comes down to it.......all the same thing because they all have to do with body image/physical appearance.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2010, 08:02:42 AM »
I look like a skinny/fat outta shape string bean tiny tit right now. I just came back after a year off back in sept, BUT now i havnt trained for 3-4 months.

IIRC, didn't you post a couple of YouTube videos awhile back of you doing 20 rep squats, in a thread titled something similar?

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2010, 09:14:25 AM »
I think I can tell the difference between a healthy trained bodybulder and an obsesive one.I have a friend who competes localy and internationaly here in Greece and you can tell that he is not obsesive, he goes out twice a week, he works a decent job in the finance industry, I mean he has a social life outside bodybuilding and he rarely talks about bodybuilding. Then you have me, I think only aboutbodybuilding, I don't have any friends or a girlfriend, I don't have a job and all I do and fantasize is bodybuilding.
The funny part is that I wouldn't change it with anything :)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2010, 09:23:39 AM »
I think I can tell the difference between a healthy trained bodybulder and an obsesive one.I have a friend who competes localy and internationaly here in Greece and you can tell that he is not obsesive, he goes out twice a week, he works a decent job in the finance industry, I mean he has a social life outside bodybuilding and he rarely talks about bodybuilding. Then you have me, I think only aboutbodybuilding, I don't have any friends or a girlfriend, I don't have a job and all I do and fantasize is bodybuilding.

In a month you will be doing G4P  :( :(
X

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2010, 09:37:20 AM »
just take a day off and you'll be ite

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »
IIRC, didn't you post a couple of YouTube videos awhile back of you doing 20 rep squats, in a thread titled something similar?

Yes BUT that wasnt me. It was that video of a guy doing 42 reps with 315.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2010, 09:50:50 AM »
someone who is constantly injecting himself with shit that is terrible for him in the long run obviously has issues.  If you're a pro athlete trying to make that $$$ thats one thing.   But someone who devotes his life to being huge regardless of the costs obviously has as much issues as someone who thinks they are too fat all the time.

Both are unhealthy
Valhalla awaits.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »
someone who is constantly injecting himself with shit that is terrible for him in the long run obviously has issues.  If you're a pro athlete trying to make that $$$ thats one thing.   But someone who devotes his life to being huge regardless of the costs obviously has as much issues as someone who thinks they are too fat all the time.

Both are unhealthy
Ya of course, that would be called abusing something, for example GEAR. If someones injecting themselves 2-3 a day, EVERYDAY, yaa thats  ABUSING gear. Being smart about it, doing the basic 1 or 2 injections a week is being smart and not abusing gear.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2010, 10:28:47 PM »

Both are unhealthy
so who has more issues? the hitman that kills for money? or the man that kills for free?
A