Author Topic: BIGOREXIA  (Read 8731 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
BIGOREXIA
« on: March 10, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »
Iam sure there has been a thread on this before since this is a bodybuilding site. Video talks about Bigorexia. I myself, have BIGOREXIA. The real name for it, is BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDER.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: BIGOREXIA
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »
I wish that was my problem....  :P
S

newmom

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »
whoa excellent..see so many say I have that disorder..im a size zero/one and still think im a heffer

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 06:43:15 PM »
whoa excellent..see so many say I have that disorder..im a size zero/one and still think im a heffer

You have anorexia, not bigorexia...  ;D
S

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »
Me being the future clinical psychologist on this board (  ;D ), let me state that it is not classified as a disorder unless "the symptoms cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning." Every disorder has to meet this criteria. If not, then you are not diagnosable. If so, well.................. :-\ :-\
X

newmom

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
You have anorexia, not bigorexia...  ;D

no because I dooooooo eat..I obsess about my body..I mean comeon you cant be the fatty I once was and not have fucking issues about your body

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:49:05 PM »
no because I dooooooo eat..I obsess about my body..I mean comeon you cant be the fatty I once was and not have fucking issues about your body
I dated a girl like that once. She was so insecure it toppled the whole relationship, and I walked out. It was kinda surreal. I can't imagine she's doing well, these days.  :-\ 

newmom

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »
well that hasn't happend yet with the current boyfriend, he knew from the gitty up how I am. He has bitched that I went to the gym when I have a cold, he has now learned it's like air to me

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »
Hmm. Well, that's just one unhealthy relationship in a sea of unhealthy relationships. If it works for you, L'Haim.  :)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »
omg

I misread the title and thought this thread was about hating black people

newmom

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
Hmm. Well, that's just one unhealthy relationship in a sea of unhealthy relationships. If it works for you, L'Haim.  :)

mozzel

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 07:01:42 PM »
Me being the future clinical psychologist on this board (  ;D ), let me state that it is not classified as a disorder unless "the symptoms cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning." Every disorder has to meet this criteria. If not, then you are not diagnosable. If so, well.................. :-\ :-\
I was clinically diagnosed with this 5 years ago. The real name for BIGOREXIA, which is mentioned in the video is BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDER.

newmom

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 07:03:46 PM »
IrishMuscle, you don't have to answer here, but have you overcome this or is there meds. I dont feel like googling but will. Totally understand if you don't.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »
I was clinically diagnosed with this 5 years ago. The real name for BIGOREXIA, which is mentioned in the video is BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDER.

Yes, I know it's called body dysmorphic disorder. You really didn't need to tell me, but thanks  ::) ::)I never disputed its clinical term. I was only stating what criteria had to bet met in order to be diagnosed with it.
X

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »
Yes, I know it's called body dysmorphic disorder. You really didn't need to tell me, but thanks  ::) ::)I never disputed its clinical term. I was only stating what criteria had to bet met in order to be diagnosed with it.
I knew since your a "future physcologist" that you knew the name for it. I was telling OTHERS on here, what the name is.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
What the hell!?! it's Nasser!!?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »
X

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 07:30:52 PM »
IrishMuscle, you don't have to answer here, but have you overcome this or is there meds. I dont feel like googling but will. Totally understand if you don't.
I havnt "overcome" it completely because with some mental disorders, i dont think you ever really do. BUT......with Medications, i have gotten alot better than how i was before i was on meds. If you watch and listen to the video closely, the word "obsessive" is used a few times and in my opinion, with living with BDD, too me, all it is, is a severe form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder too where you think about your body image/appearance soooo much to where you literally think your deformed/ugly looking.

BDD is NOT only about MUSCULAR APPERANCE, even though its probably one of the most common "mental defect" thats associated with BIGOREXIA. It can also be how your skin looks, hair, facial hair, size and shape of your head, etc........Sounds really weird but thats just what the disorder is. After being on meds for a few years, i notice that i wasnt "constantly and repetetively obsessing" about my body image/appearance. Like i said before how in my opinion, bdd is just a severe form of OCD. Theres two words that i used above, "constantly and repetetively". When those two words are associated with a mental disorder, its OCD. plain and simple. And again, when someone has BDD, thier "constantly and repetetively" thinking about thier body image/appearance.

newmom

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »
wow Irish, thanks for answering. I bet there are more on here that may fall along that lines. Glad your on the road to better health..Cheers

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 07:40:44 PM »
wow Irish, thanks for answering. I bet there are more on here that may fall along that lines. Glad your on the road to better health..Cheers
Yup. If anything......in a way, having BDD is somewhat positive to when im working out because it makes me train my ass off and i always have a good workout.

newmom

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 07:42:11 PM »
AWESOME..I guess if a little good can come out of it.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 08:35:59 PM »
what medication do you take?

Valhalla awaits.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 08:45:27 PM »
I take testosterone for my bigorexia it doesn't seem to be helping though....Newmom if you are a size 0 or 1 than pics need to come to prove it or it didn't happen
Watching The Haters

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 08:46:55 PM »
I take testosterone for my bigorexia it doesn't seem to be helping though....Newmom if you are a size 0 or 1 than pics need to come to prove it or it didn't happen

no way!?! me too! :D

you know what that means...time to UP THE DOSAGE ;)

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »
no way!?! me too! :D

you know what that means...time to UP THE DOSAGE ;)

Damn Straight!!!
Watching The Haters