Author Topic: For a Harvard Law School Grad - "Obama is not so bright"  (Read 4320 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
For a Harvard Law School Grad - "Obama is not so bright"
« on: March 14, 2010, 08:59:04 AM »
Glorious Leader Gap: President Barack Obama – Not So Bright for a Harvard Law Grad
stump report ^ | John C. Drew

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

As a student of charismatic leadership, my antenna lit up when I saw all the chatter during the 2008 Presidential campaign regarding Barack Obama’s brilliance and genius. Since I’ve gotten to know some real geniuses, I think I’m in a good position to access his intellectual capacity. Based on my experience, I can report that Barack Obama is a non-genius.

How do I know? Well, for one reason, one of my brothers is a genius. He’s tested out in elementary school with an IQ over 140. In high school, my brother figured out how to solve the Rubik’s Cube. (This was back in the days before there were on-line cheat sheets and YouTube videos explaining how to do it.) See, http://www.videojug.com/interview/how-to-solve-a-rubiks-cube-in-under-a-minute#first-layer

I have also taught at the nation’s number one liberal arts college, Williams in MA. In that job, I had the opportunity to teach some of our nation’s most talented between 1986 and 1989. I also served, briefly, as an admissions counselor at Cornell in the early 1980s where I got to interview applicants and compare what I saw face-to-face with their SAT test scores. In other words, I’ve gotten pretty good at spotting “true men of genius.”

Based on reasonable standards, I can safely assert President Obama’s mental capacity is not in that category.

Nevertheless, it is tempting for those seeking to promote his charismatic image to interpret his current behavior as if he were, in fact, a genius. From this biased perspective, Obama has a secret, long-term plan that is going to work out for him and all of us at the same time. His challenges today are due to the extremely poor mistakes made by others in the past and the sheer impossibility of doing anything productive under the constraints established by the U.S. Constitution. If you choose to believe that Obama is a genius, then his failures must be due to exogenous factors.

If you see Obama as a non-genius, however, you become more sensitive to a different storyline, a storyline that makes more sense given President Obama’s actual history. To be a little blunt, assuming that Obama is not so bright helps explain a lot of mysterious stuff that makes no sense if he were truly a genius including:

Obama’s over dependence on his teleprompter. Obama’s boring performances in his now discontinued press conferences. Obama’s factual errors during his confrontation with Republicans at their retreat. Obama’s indecisiveness and general slowness in figuring out how to respond to his commanders’ requests for additional troops in Afghanistan.

Obama’s try and fail approach to winning the Olympic Games for Chicago, his useless trip to China, and his fruitless visit to Copenhagen on behalf of the cause of anthropomorphic global warming.

Obama’s unwillingness to contribute an article to the Harvard Law Review while he served as its first African-American president.

Obama’s reluctance to compete for a tenure track job at the University of Chicago Law School and the fact that he never submitted articles to peer-reviewed law journals.

In addition, the theme that Obama is no genius also makes it much easier to absorb new information regarding Obama’s past achievements and associations, including the possibility that Obama’s first book Dreams of My Father reflects the ideas and writing style of his Hyde Park neighbor, Bill Ayers. See, http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/andersen_book_blows_ayers_cove.html

It also raises the frightening possibility that Obama truly believed the silly liberation theology taught by Rev. Wright. Obama’s non-genius status would certainly help explain why he got married in Rev. Wright’s church and why Obama thought so little about raising his children in that bizarre, hateful environment.

As a non-genius, I think it is safe to say Obama faces the same challenges as most of us. He does not process information quickly…it is not so easy for him to retain information once he learns it…and it is difficult for him to focus – in a long and sustained fashion – on complex issues. All of this suggests that Obama is likely to spend a lot of his time as President with his family enjoying expensive, but pointless vacations. It suggests, he is unlikely to respond to the demands of political reality by becoming a Clinton style centrist. It also calls attention to the startling possibility that the mainstream media is covering up for President Obama’s intellectual weaknesses the same way they covered up for FDR’s physical disability and marital affairs.

Most worrisome, I think Obama compensates for his limited intellectual abilities with a strong reliance on ideology, with emotional appeals to fairness, and with a dogged determination to stick to the simple, leftwing perspective he learned from his mother, Stanley.

As a glorious leader, President Obama will always fall short of our normal expectations. Those who voted for him believing he was a talented intellectual, a genius of epic standards, are right to feel betrayed. Those of us seeking to protect our country from the temporary power of Obama’s charisma are wise to see him as he is…and not as his supporters pretend him to be.

John C. Drew, Ph.D. is an award-winning political scientist.

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

Cant wait to see 240 spin this gem. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: For a Harvard Law School Grad - "Obama is not so bright"
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:19:26 AM »
omg...i wake up to getbig  and to my surprise i see a thread started by 3333 bashing obama...man thats not what i expected ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 09:22:46 AM »
omg...i wake up to getbig  and to my surprise i see a thread started by 3333 bashing obama...man thats not what i expected ::)

You will thank me in a few years if ObamaCare gets defeated.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »
the sky is falling

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:24 AM »
333 he actually went to Howard  ;D   <while you r at it....play "where is the token white guy " game on that link!>

http://www.howard.edu/
carpe` vaginum!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »
the sky is falling

Uggh, yes it is.  Do you read the news?  

I just posted an article that SS is going broke.

States are in massive hock and cant pay their bills.

Oil is going up again and remember last time gas went to $4.00 a gallon?  

UE is getting worse.  

Do you want me to continue?  Wait till you hit practice and if obamacare goes through.  HELLO DMV!  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »
333 he actually went to Howard  ;D   <while you r at it....play "where is the token white guy " game on that link!>

http://www.howard.edu/

He probably would have learned something practical and useful if he went to Howard.

Instead, we have a jerk as president with paper parchment accomplishment and little else.   

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 09:40:46 AM »
obamacare?  lets call it what it is....

freeloadercare
carpe` vaginum!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 09:44:18 AM »
obamacare?  lets call it what it is....

freeloadercare

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 11:46:44 AM »
"I have also taught at the nation’s number one liberal arts college"

Great source.  What, you couldn't get Pelosi to write a piece for ya?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 11:56:13 AM »
"I have also taught at the nation’s number one liberal arts college"

Great source.  What, you couldn't get Pelosi to write a piece for ya?

240 - if its Romney v obama in 2012 who are you voting for?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »
Romney or the libertarian candidate.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »
The most alarming piece of information in that article is the fact that Obama didn't submit a single law review article at Harvard despite being the reviews president.

This effectively tosses the midless obsession that some of you have with Obama's education out the window. Harvard has pass/fail grading. Harvard does not rely on GPA and LSAT scores as it's criteria for most of its minority applicants. So Obama got into Harvard Law ( we have no idea what his GPA and LSAT score were because he has spent millions to keep those scores a secret) and he somehow made it onto law review but he never wrote a single article. He also never passed the bar exam or practiced law.

Obama then became a constitutional law professor, but he rarely showed up to teach.

Why is anyone supposed to be impressed with his educational background? The same idiotic parallel can be made as follows; We should all be very impressed with the financial success of someone who wins the lottery. They have millions of dollars by accident, so clearly they must be financially astute.

Getting into Harvard law school because of your race, passing classes that everyone who attends the school passes, never contributing a single law review article, never passing the bar and cementing your legacy by occasionally showing up to teach constitutional law as an adjunct professor= Means absolutely nothing in terms of intelligence, knowledge of the law or anything else that can be characterized as important to being president of the United States.  

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »
The most alarming piece of information in that article is the fact that Obama didn't submit a single law review article at Harvard despite being the reviews president.

This effectively tosses the midless obsession that some of you have with Obama's education out the window. Harvard has pass/fail grading. Harvard does not rely on GPA and LSAT scores as it's criteria for most of its minority applicants. So Obama got into Harvard Law ( we have no idea what his GPA and LSAT score were because he has spent millions to keep those scores a secret) and he somehow made it onto law review but he never wrote a single article. He also never passed the bar exam or practiced law.

Obama then became a constitutional law professor, but he rarely showed up to teach.

Why is anyone supposed to be impressed with his educational background? The same idiotic parallel can be made as follows; We should all be very impressed with the financial success of someone who wins the lottery. They have millions of dollars by accident, so clearly they must be financially astute.

Getting into Harvard law school because of your race, passing classes that everyone who attends the school passes, never contributing a single law review article, never passing the bar and cementing your legacy by occasionally showing up to teach constitutional law as an adjunct professor= Means absolutely nothing in terms of intelligence, knowledge of the law or anything else that can be characterized as important to being president of the United States.  

Maybe he concentrated his efforts on becoming president of the united states.. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 08:28:43 PM »
i didnt know harvard had a branch in Kenya.  very cool.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 08:30:31 PM »

Also, he had a huge advantage by going to Punahou for high school, which is the best high school in the state.  Their graduates routinely go to Ivy League schools.  Very impressive alumni base too. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »

This effectively tosses the midless obsession that some of you have with Obama's education out the window. Harvard has pass/fail grading. Harvard does not rely on GPA and LSAT scores as it's criteria for most of its minority applicants.

Dude you so talking out of your ass. I applied to Harvard coming out of high school with a 4.0 gpa and 1350/1600 on my SAT (i know they have a different scale right now)

Captain  of Football team
Captain of Track and field team where i made all city for both (Los Angeles City Section 2000)

Im black/Puerto Rican.

I didnt get in and i was told from a faculty member that went to school with my mother (ucla), that i didnt have a high enough SAT despite the AP classes i took...

Dont be an idiot and say that for blacks it dosent matter what their grades are...thats a total crock of shit..Some real dumb shit to say  ::)

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 01:15:42 AM »
Or maybe they had already met their quota for black enrolled students for that semester,  and had already started filling up the mexican quota.  All colleges have quotas they have to meet to show ethnic diversity, hmmm   wonder why??  You would think that the best and brightest would be allowed and skin color wouldnt matter in 2010 in America.   My old job b4 i started my own business did the same thing, in effort to call themselves equil oppritunity,  That isnt equil opprituninty that ploitical correctness and covering your ass from cty babies like jessie jackson and sharpton and asshats like these guys.

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 05:05:28 AM »
Glorious Leader Gap: President Barack Obama – Not So Bright for a Harvard Law Grad
stump report ^ | John C. Drew

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

As a student of charismatic leadership, my antenna lit up when I saw all the chatter during the 2008 Presidential campaign regarding Barack Obama’s brilliance and genius. Since I’ve gotten to know some real geniuses, I think I’m in a good position to access his intellectual capacity. Based on my experience, I can report that Barack Obama is a non-genius.

How do I know? Well, for one reason, one of my brothers is a genius. He’s tested out in elementary school with an IQ over 140. In high school, my brother figured out how to solve the Rubik’s Cube. (This was back in the days before there were on-line cheat sheets and YouTube videos explaining how to do it.) See, http://www.videojug.com/interview/how-to-solve-a-rubiks-cube-in-under-a-minute#first-layer

I have also taught at the nation’s number one liberal arts college, Williams in MA. In that job, I had the opportunity to teach some of our nation’s most talented between 1986 and 1989. I also served, briefly, as an admissions counselor at Cornell in the early 1980s where I got to interview applicants and compare what I saw face-to-face with their SAT test scores. In other words, I’ve gotten pretty good at spotting “true men of genius.”

Based on reasonable standards, I can safely assert President Obama’s mental capacity is not in that category.

Nevertheless, it is tempting for those seeking to promote his charismatic image to interpret his current behavior as if he were, in fact, a genius. From this biased perspective, Obama has a secret, long-term plan that is going to work out for him and all of us at the same time. His challenges today are due to the extremely poor mistakes made by others in the past and the sheer impossibility of doing anything productive under the constraints established by the U.S. Constitution. If you choose to believe that Obama is a genius, then his failures must be due to exogenous factors.

If you see Obama as a non-genius, however, you become more sensitive to a different storyline, a storyline that makes more sense given President Obama’s actual history. To be a little blunt, assuming that Obama is not so bright helps explain a lot of mysterious stuff that makes no sense if he were truly a genius including:

Obama’s over dependence on his teleprompter. Obama’s boring performances in his now discontinued press conferences. Obama’s factual errors during his confrontation with Republicans at their retreat. Obama’s indecisiveness and general slowness in figuring out how to respond to his commanders’ requests for additional troops in Afghanistan.

Obama’s try and fail approach to winning the Olympic Games for Chicago, his useless trip to China, and his fruitless visit to Copenhagen on behalf of the cause of anthropomorphic global warming.

Obama’s unwillingness to contribute an article to the Harvard Law Review while he served as its first African-American president.

Obama’s reluctance to compete for a tenure track job at the University of Chicago Law School and the fact that he never submitted articles to peer-reviewed law journals.

In addition, the theme that Obama is no genius also makes it much easier to absorb new information regarding Obama’s past achievements and associations, including the possibility that Obama’s first book Dreams of My Father reflects the ideas and writing style of his Hyde Park neighbor, Bill Ayers. See, http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/09/andersen_book_blows_ayers_cove.html

It also raises the frightening possibility that Obama truly believed the silly liberation theology taught by Rev. Wright. Obama’s non-genius status would certainly help explain why he got married in Rev. Wright’s church and why Obama thought so little about raising his children in that bizarre, hateful environment.

As a non-genius, I think it is safe to say Obama faces the same challenges as most of us. He does not process information quickly…it is not so easy for him to retain information once he learns it…and it is difficult for him to focus – in a long and sustained fashion – on complex issues. All of this suggests that Obama is likely to spend a lot of his time as President with his family enjoying expensive, but pointless vacations. It suggests, he is unlikely to respond to the demands of political reality by becoming a Clinton style centrist. It also calls attention to the startling possibility that the mainstream media is covering up for President Obama’s intellectual weaknesses the same way they covered up for FDR’s physical disability and marital affairs.

Most worrisome, I think Obama compensates for his limited intellectual abilities with a strong reliance on ideology, with emotional appeals to fairness, and with a dogged determination to stick to the simple, leftwing perspective he learned from his mother, Stanley.

As a glorious leader, President Obama will always fall short of our normal expectations. Those who voted for him believing he was a talented intellectual, a genius of epic standards, are right to feel betrayed. Those of us seeking to protect our country from the temporary power of Obama’s charisma are wise to see him as he is…and not as his supporters pretend him to be.

John C. Drew, Ph.D. is an award-winning political scientist.

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

Cant wait to see 240 spin this gem. 

"WE all know "George W. Bush" was in reality a rocket scientist right?    There has only been one great Republican, and that was Abraham Lincoln....I am constanty amazed by the fact that you are such a truely hateful person, that paints everyone with a broad paint brush....When I grow up, I want to be as sanctomonious as you!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 05:35:06 AM »

"WE all know "George W. Bush" was in reality a rocket scientist right?    There has only been one great Republican, and that was Abraham Lincoln....I am constanty amazed by the fact that you are such a truely hateful person, that paints everyone with a broad paint brush....When I grow up, I want to be as sanctomonious as you!!!!

GMAFB.  Maybe if your party nomiated someone who actually held a job, had an ounce of experience, wasnt a marxist, didnt set out on "transforming" the nation into Kenya, sought to tax everything and anything, maybe there would be a little more lee way.

BTW - I dont seem to remember the love coming from the elft towards bush for the last 8 years so maybe you can enlighten me.

Please watch this and tell me what Obama did in 145 to become qualified for president when he himself said he was not qualified? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
Or maybe they had already met their quota for black enrolled students for that semester,  and had already started filling up the mexican quota.  All colleges have quotas they have to meet to show ethnic diversity, hmmm   wonder why??  You would think that the best and brightest would be allowed and skin color wouldnt matter in 2010 in America.   My old job b4 i started my own business did the same thing, in effort to call themselves equil oppritunity,  That isnt equil opprituninty that ploitical correctness and covering your ass from cty babies like jessie jackson and sharpton and asshats like these guys.

Ill Give you that...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »
Ill Give you that...

Also, there are probably more minority applicants now than there were when Obama went to Harvard.  No offense of course.   ;D  ;D 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 09:31:35 AM »
Also, there are probably more minority applicants now than there were when Obama went to Harvard.  No offense of course.   ;D  ;D 

Offense...Dude i dont take offense to anything. I wake up every morning and im still Me..Thats awesome

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 09:36:52 AM »
haha so you bash liberal arts schools and intellectuals 333 but when one says something you agree with you jump right in bed with him?  weird.  where are your standards or do you just not care who you source?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »
haha so you bash liberal arts schools and intellectuals 333 but when one says something you agree with you jump right in bed with him?  weird.  where are your standards or do you just not care who you source?

Did you read the article?  Obviously not.

The fact of the matter is that Obama is really not that bright if you listen to what he actually says and does.  The author points out many examples of this.