Author Topic: Post Workout Nutrition is Extremely Important for Muscle Growth  (Read 6362 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Post Workout Nutrition is Extremely Important for Muscle Growth
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »
Go to price club/costco for good sales on protein. EAS, 3 pound bag is 30 bucks. You get 78 servings, and each one contains 30 grams of protein.

BONG.

That's what i do

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
BONG.

That's what i do

;D

I just discovered this last week. Also, 55 packets of oatmeal for $10.00  :o :o On top of that, its name brand (Quaker).

This says $11.00 but still damn cheap. Heck, 8 packets will cost you like $5.00 in the supermarket.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11211293&whse=bd_787&topnav=bdoff&browse=&lang=en-US
X

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2010, 11:40:08 PM »
i think you are mistaken  ;)

study 3 - trained subjects were instructed to maintain normal daily diet for duration of the study - then only take the supplement either pre/post workout or morn/eve depending on the group.

guess what - the pre/post gained lots more strength and mass, and burned more bodyfat than the morn/eve despite calories being equal between the groups for the day  :o :o :o

yes read that again  :o :o :o

the pre/post gained lots more strength and mass, and burned more bodyfat than the morn/eve despite calories being equal between the groups for the day  :o :o :o

all while maintaining their normal daily diet.  ;)

the study says abosultey nothing about the daily protein intake of all the participants, there was zero control over that..   the patients were allowed to eat whatever they normally ate..?  panda its obviously a horrible study

if protein intake is sufficient on a daily basis, with a fairly even distribution of protein intake over at least 3 meals.. there is ZERO benefit to taking  pre/during/post protien ...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2010, 05:22:26 AM »
Go to price club/costco for good sales on protein. EAS, 3 pound bag is 30 bucks. You get 78 servings, and each one contains 30 grams of protein.

I've found protein powder even cheaper at GNC, via its clearance sales.

You might want to try Sam's Club, which sells the 5-lb bags of EAS Whey Protein for $27 and change.

Or Wal-Mart, which has its Body Fortress 2-lb jugs of whey protein for $12 each (current price).

But, that's assuming you aren't getting the hook-up with GNC's markdown (especially when combined with the Gold Card discount).

;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2010, 05:54:44 AM »
Hardly!!!

How do you think amateur bodybuilders (who have jobs, wives, and kids) get it done?

If you work an 8-to-5 job, your diet can easily be tailored around it.

7 am – Breakfast

10 am – Shake #1 (Weight gainer, MRP, or straight-protein powder)

12 am – Lunch

3 pm – Shake #2

5 pm – Workout

Postworkout – Shake #3

8 pm – Dinner

10/11 pm - Shake/Nighttime Meal

what the fuck is that?

eat some solid food jackass.

i bet youre the type of guy who looks at his "supplement stash" and feels proud of it. ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2010, 06:03:57 AM »
what the fuck is that?

EFFECTIVE!!!

What parts of "Breakfast", "Lunch", "Dinner", and "Nighttime Meal" failed to register in that skull of yours?

And since that last nighttime meal/shake was optional, that means it's an even split: Three solid meals with three shakes.

i bet youre the type of guy who looks at his "supplement stash" and feels proud of it. ::)

I sure do, when I get them dirt cheap via clearance sales.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2010, 06:50:07 AM »
That simply means that, either you prepare a lot of your meals in advance OR you carry a  whole lot of MRPs/ portable jug of protein powder and a shaker (i.e. Ronnie Coleman, wolfing down chicken and potatoes in his squad car, as an active duty cop).

I tend to do the meals thing on the weekend, prepping enough meat and veggies to make at least three days’ worth of lunches. I also keep a bag of frozen chicken ready, so I can cook it quickly in the oven for dinner once I’m home.

as an active duty cop blasting illegal drugs into his system! kind of ironic that a law enforcer is/was a law breaker himself..but i digress...you people are arguing over something the hugeandripped gimmick is saying?
footloose and fancy free

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
what the fuck is that?

lmao...you nailed it Meso!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2010, 07:05:06 AM »
lmao...you nailed it Meso!

What both you and he can't quite grasp is that this isn't an either/or issue.

I use protein powder as SUPPLEMENTS to my regular meals, as do many who train.

It's always the simple things that zip over the heads of some folks, here.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2010, 11:07:50 AM »
the study says abosultey nothing about the daily protein intake of all the participants, there was zero control over that..   the patients were allowed to eat whatever they normally ate..?  panda its obviously a horrible study

if protein intake is sufficient on a daily basis, with a fairly even distribution of protein intake over at least 3 meals.. there is ZERO benefit to taking  pre/during/post protien ...
???

calories were equal - as was protein intake for the day. 1 group got great results the others didn't despite calories being equal - how can there be zero benefit  ???

they are also trained subjects, not newbies. i would assume they take in adequate protein daily already in their daily diet, however i do not gave the full paper yet so yes i cannot be 100% sure.

As far as i know this is the only study done to date that compares pre/post nutrition compared with the same shake taken at different times of the day - AND while maintaning daily diet.

Unless you have found a study i do not know that compares the same and shows no benefit how can you make the claim that there is zero benefit to pre/post wo nutrition  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

io856

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 11:26:59 PM »
what the fuck is that?

settle down... wow!

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »
I've found protein powder even cheaper at GNC, via its clearance sales.

You might want to try Sam's Club, which sells the 5-lb bags of EAS Whey Protein for $27 and change.

Or Wal-Mart, which has its Body Fortress 2-lb jugs of whey protein for $12 each (current price).
But, that's assuming you aren't getting the hook-up with GNC's markdown (especially when combined with the Gold Card discount).

;D

You actually put this junk of protein into your body??? Seriously?? Go get some Isopure or something!

MadeYaMelt

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2010, 11:37:40 PM »

as an active duty cop blasting illegal drugs into his system! kind of ironic that a law enforcer is/was a law breaker himself..but i digress...you people are arguing over something the hugeandripped gimmick is saying?

You think cops on the juice is something rare?  I know lots who are.  Think about it - if you knew life or death might come down to being able to fight off some shitbag hyped up on PCP so you can draw your sidearm, wouldn't want an "edge?"   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 05:12:05 AM »

You actually put this junk of protein into your body??? Seriously?? Go get some Isopure or something!

One, I'd hardly consider Body Fortress Protein as "junk".

Two, I do use Isopure (particularly the RTDs).......WHEN GNC marks them down for clearance.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
settle down... wow!

Some people just can't read. That's why they don't grasp "breakfast", "lunch', and "dinner".

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 02:53:53 PM »
Gayer than arguing about post-workout nutrition.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »
I might have to start doing this if I want to reach my goal.

you'Re already banging chicks right and left bro

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »
just eat and lift, overcomplicating leads to failure
you re a pure ectomorph as i am, of course we dont  need to overcomplicate it. But for endos it's a completely different story. When we are designed to burn fat, they are designed genetically to stock it. You cant apply the same stuff to everyone.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »
protein ingestion post workout makes sense on the surface... but even whey protein, the fastest of all proteins to digest...still takes about an hour before any of it reaches the blood, and even then its not an "all at once" dumping of the aminos...but a slow gradually increasing process that spans several hours.

if protein intake is suffficient on a daily basis, then theres no need to "time" protein intake around workouts.

carbohydrate ingestion before, during, and after workouts does make sense... glucose can reach the blood within minutes and start taking action, mainly increased insulin and vasodialation
vasodilatation retard.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2010, 03:15:46 PM »

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2010, 10:35:49 AM »
you re a pure ectomorph as i am, of course we dont  need to overcomplicate it. But for endos it's a completely different story. When we are designed to burn fat, they are designed genetically to stock it. You cant apply the same stuff to everyone.

Yes you can.
And I'm no ecto, far from it. Everybody looks ecto at low bodyfat.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2010, 10:55:09 AM »
Yes you can.
And I'm no ecto, far from it. Everybody looks ecto at low bodyfat.

Most people aren't a pure bodytype, but a combination of the two. I'd say I'm an ecto-mesomorph.

But, I don't think bodytape plays that big of a role in the effectiveness of post-workout nutrition.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »
Most people aren't a pure bodytype, but a combination of the two. I'd say I'm an ecto-mesomorph.
But, I don't think bodytape plays that big of a role in the effectiveness of post-workout nutrition.

I don't believe in body types at all. I would probably be more of an endo, I gain fat very easily and have a rather wide waist.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
I don't believe in body types at all. I would probably be more of an endo, I gain fat very easily and have a rather wide waist.

As I said, I'd call myself an ecto-mesomorph. With that said, since I'm in my mid-late 30s, I can't just wolf down calories, the way I once did years ago.

That's why I've drastically cut usage of the one supplement that was the staple of my regiment for YEARS: Weight-gainers.