Author Topic: Anyone ever successfully "Clean Bulked"  (Read 4471 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Anyone ever successfully "Clean Bulked"
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »
I've followed bodybuilding for years, lifted on and off, but never really followed a diet.

Has anyone here ever done the 6-8 meals per day, chicken, oatmeal, brown rice etc....

I'm natural, will eating a lot of "Clean" "bodybuilding foods" really add lean muscle?

Or will I just end up fat and bloated......

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Anyone ever successfully "Clean Bulked"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 12:02:28 PM »
I tried it a lot of times.  I honestly make better gains with the mcfarland way, hitting a little fast food each day for sanity.  I look the same with some junk as I do with 5x tupperwared beef and potatoes, long as I'm lifting heavy

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 12:07:37 PM »
Who the f would want to clean bulk? Dirty/clean? Same result no matter how you cut it, but dirty is cheaper and loads more fun.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 12:20:02 PM »
I've followed bodybuilding for years, lifted on and off, but never really followed a diet.

Has anyone here ever done the 6-8 meals per day, chicken, oatmeal, brown rice etc....

I'm natural, will eating a lot of "Clean" "bodybuilding foods" really add lean muscle?

I know that I'm "fat and boated" according to all of the sub 7% ripped up beasts here....but I find that you really can't put on size naturally if you try to eat clean all the time.

Don't eat like a pig, but people are way too anal about diet.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
I definitely don't eat clean all the time. I want to stay sane.  :D I mean, I get in the good meals throughout the day, but if I want to splurge, I definitely do. In all honesty, even when I incorporate junk food into my diet, I don't see much of a difference. Its not like I automatically gain 50 pounds of fat. Everything in moderation.
X

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 12:31:22 PM »

the short answer is probably no

there are a few people around like levrone who used to grow into shows and stuff like that, but to tell the truth you have to be a black guy to do shit like that

there is another instance where you can clean bulk, wichis your first steroid cycle.....durign this time yo can eat pretty much anything and get biug and lean

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
MY metabolism is still too great to be going too 'clean' on my diet  ;D

I can smoke a J and say hello to thousands of calories lol.. Being 22 and 6'3 is wonderful.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 12:32:02 PM »
'Bulked' isn't really a word that anyone would apply to me, ever.  But instead of 'clean' and 'dirty' how about 'health conscious' vs 'heart attack candidate.'  High carb will do more for energy and strength ime than high grease.  I use a lot of fat in my cooking but my hydrogenated fat consumption is minimal.  Besides, my food is way better tasting than anything from a drive thru, so I do the tupperware thing but it's not contest diet food.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
Yes you can. To gain muscle, absolutely no need to get fat.

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 12:36:07 PM »
eating fast food isn't necessarily unhealthy, lots of places offer grilled chicken wraps, salads etc.. you just have to know what to choose. best way by googling the nutrional facts.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 12:39:04 PM »

It worked for me last year, but I will confess that I used a little prohormone...well, a LOT, and although the growth was cool, it did fuck my system up pretty nicely for a few months. 

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 12:41:15 PM »
eating fast food isn't necessarily unhealthy, lots of places offer grilled chicken wraps, salads etc.. you just have to know what to choose. best way by googling the nutrional facts.
Fast food is just a bad habit. I don't trust their vegetables either. When you go to fast food you're satisfaction isn't exactly their concern. It's profit coupled with making sure all product is used, including nasty shit that's been sitting. Stuff dropped on the floor. Possible immature 18 year old kids spitting. The list goes on.

saopl

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 12:45:48 PM »
Fast food is just a bad habit. I don't trust their vegetables either. When you go to fast food you're satisfaction isn't exactly their concern. It's profit coupled with making sure all product is used, including nasty shit that's been sitting. Stuff dropped on the floor. Possible immature 18 year old kids spitting. The list goes on.

you take the same chances going to any restaurant, but 99% of all fast food is pre-packaged/cooked so the sodium levels are insane.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 12:51:40 PM »

i made my best gains when i was going into my sophmore season... i went from 195-220 in a summer...i worked out and ate hella fried chicken and fries from louisana chicken  (fried chicken place in LA ghetto's Koreans cook it) ...i got big as shit but stll had a 6 pack

io856

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »
I made my best gains in strength and size on a "clean" bulk... man if only I was still doing it!  ;D (have plenty of excuses ::) )

Its great because if you stop gaining you can add cals and switch up the macros as necessary... fucking brilliant... everybody must try because that was like the only time I ever gained muscle and strength... most people will have excuses as to why they can't follow a nutrition plan... but thats all they are excuses... I did it whilst working Full Time  ::)

Its not because it needs to be fucking "clean" but its the only way to consistently eat within your knowledge of macros and your daily caloric intake... you are doing guesswork otherwise and won't gain shit or just end up fat...

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »
I definitely don't eat clean all the time. I want to stay sane.  :D I mean, I get in the good meals throughout the day, but if I want to splurge, I definitely do. In all honesty, even when I incorporate junk food into my diet, I don't see much of a difference. Its not like I automatically gain 50 pounds of fat. Everything in moderation.

I do the same. I have never seen the point about being anal when dieting unless you are competing. I grow alot better when consuming small amounts of junk food anyway although my metabolism isn't fast as it was in my early 20s. I consumed junk and fast food everyday while on campus and still didn't get over 12% bf.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 01:23:08 PM »

i made my best gains when i was going into my sophmore season... i went from 195-220 in a summer...i worked out and ate hella fried chicken and fries from louisana chicken  (fried chicken place in LA ghetto's Koreans cook it) ...i got big as shit but stll had a 6 pack

All Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »
All Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia.

lol...i had it for a bit...137/80...but im down to 123/60...

but no more fried chicken...

Stavios

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »
Fuck clean bulking

every year I turn myself into a fat tub of shit and I enjoy it  8)
I think I am starting to have some kind of allergies to Mcdonald tho, cause everytime I eat there nowadays I don't feel so well afterward and i have humongous gastric reflux  :-\

io856

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »
Fuck clean bulking

I think I am starting to have some kind of allergies to Mcdonald tho, cause everytime I eat there nowadays I don't feel so well afterward and i have humongous gastric reflux  :-\

maybe too many hash browns and caffiene?  ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »
Fuck clean bulking

You do the Lee Priest thing

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 01:29:09 PM »
lol...i had it for a bit...137/80...but im down to 123/60...

but no more fried chicken...

137/80 isn't all that bad to begin with, a bit high but nothing life-threatening...you start getting into 180/110 territory you need to start worrying

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 01:31:53 PM »
137/80 isn't all that bad to begin with, a bit high but nothing life-threatening...you start getting into 180/110 territory you need to start worrying

I know. But i had LOW BP my entire life because of a medical condition. It used to be 90-60...but i was running like 5 miles per day

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 01:38:58 PM »

i am clean bulking right now.....not clean foods though. i am eating everything in sight.....but i have been running 5 miles on a empty stomach every other day......

bench

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »
i am clean bulking right now.....not clean foods though. i am eating everything in sight.....but i have been running 5 miles on a empty stomach every other day......
bench

You arent gonna do a lot of bulking doing all that cardio. Whats that about 40-45 min?