Author Topic: How much should Doctors and Nurses make?  (Read 10315 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
How much should Doctors and Nurses make?
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »
Guys: 

I have a question for everyone begging for ObamaCare.

How much should doctors make? 

Obviously many here think Doctors make too much money, so my question is "If they make too much now, how much should they make?" 

Me personally, I dont begrudge a doctor any salary he/she makes considering:

1.  The cost of education.
2.  The 8 years spent in school.
3.  The 8 years of defrayed earnings.
4.  The stress and overhead of medical practice.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: How much should Doctors and Nurses make?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:16:17 PM »
It would depend on circumstances of the Dr and/or nurse.  I think nurses are usually underpaid.  Dr's however are not.  I wouldn't say they are overpaid necessarily but i think some are paid more than their fair share of things. 

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »
It would depend on circumstances of the Dr and/or nurse.  I think nurses are usually underpaid.  Dr's however are not.  I wouldn't say they are overpaid necessarily but i think some are paid more than their fair share of things. 

The average doctor makes 150K a year.  Is that too much? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 01:25:10 PM »
The average doctor makes 150K a year.  Is that too much? 

100-150K is reasonable.  That would put them above 84% of all Americans and 1 to 1.5 times the average income.  More than fair compensation if you ask me. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »
100-150K is reasonable.  That would put them above 84% of all Americans and 1 to 1.5 times the average income.  More than fair compensation if you ask me. 

Ok.  Lets look at something KC - they have to spend 250k for their education and make that up over say 35 years if they retire at 65.  So they are spending lets say roughly $7,150.00 a year for their education.  So now they are making $142,000 a year correct? 

Ok,  lets remember that they gave up 8 years of working to get their degree.  If the average person makes 40k a year in this country that equals about the sum of $320,000 in defraid earning correct?  Over 35 years that amounts to an additional $9,143.00 a year.   So now the doctor is making $132,857 a year.  That is $2,554 a week. 

So lets says the doctor works 60-70 hours a week.  At 60 hours a week the doctor is making $42.66 an hour. 

Does that sound like a lot to you KC considering what union trades people make who take coffeee breaks every five minutes?

If the Doctors lives in NYC where i live that is not squat!   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
Guys: 

I have a question for everyone begging for ObamaCare.

How much should doctors make? 

Obviously many here think Doctors make too much money, so my question is "If they make too much now, how much should they make?" 

Me personally, I dont begrudge a doctor any salary he/she makes considering:

1.  The cost of education.
2.  The 8 years spent in school.
3.  The 8 years of defrayed earnings.
4.  The stress and overhead of medical practice.

What do you mean how much should they make?

Shouldn't they all work for themselves and make whatever they want to?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »
What do you mean how much should they make?

Shouldn't they all work for themselves and make whatever they want to?

that is not what I am hearing from the proponents of ObamaCare and who think medical costs are too much. 

Doctor reimbursements just went down 21% this month on medicare patients.  no other profession has to deal with that nonsense.  so I am asking, how much should a doctor make since all I hear from Asshole-in-Chief, KC, blacken, Mons, the left wing, et al is that they make too much. 

So how much should a doctor make is my question since most think they make too much as it is?   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
Ok.  Lets look at something KC - they have to spend 250k for their education and make that up over say 35 years if they retire at 65.  So they are spending lets say roughly $7,150.00 a year for their education.  So now they are making $142,000 a year correct? 

Ok,  lets remember that they gave up 8 years of working to get their degree.  If the average person makes 40k a year in this country that equals about the sum of $320,000 in defraid earning correct?  Over 35 years that amounts to an additional $9,143.00 a year.   So now the doctor is making $132,857 a year.  That is $2,554 a week. 

So lets says the doctor works 60-70 hours a week.  At 60 hours a week the doctor is making $42.66 an hour. 

Does that sound like a lot to you KC considering what union trades people make who take coffeee breaks every five minutes?

If the Doctors lives in NYC where i live that is not squat!   

And yet they still make more than 84% of the population.  Many people go to school 333, many people have debt to pay.  Many people don't cry that they only earn more than 84% of the population.

::)
Abandon every hope...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 02:05:19 PM »
that is not what I am hearing from the proponents of ObamaCare and who think medical costs are too much. 

Doctor reimbursements just went down 21% this month on medicare patients.  no other profession has to deal with that nonsense.  so I am asking, how much should a doctor make since all I hear from Asshole-in-Chief, KC, blacken, Mons, the left wing, et al is that they make too much. 

So how much should a doctor make is my question since most think they make too much as it is?   

Doctors don't make too much money, they make enough.  Medical industry in general needs reforming to control costs, generic drugs from other countries would be a start.  Doctors would be on the last of the list if not exempt to get their pay screwed with.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »
Doctors don't make too much money, they make enough.  Medical industry in general needs reforming to control costs, generic drugs from other countries would be a start.  Doctors would be on the last of the list if not exempt to get their pay screwed with.

That's fine, but the opposite is occuring under ObamaCare. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 02:22:46 PM »
That's fine, but the opposite is occuring under ObamaCare. 

That's what i hear.  You got a site that sums the Obamacare plan up in an objective outline fashion?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 02:28:49 PM »
Medical and Nursing school in the US cost too much.  If their salaries decrease, school costs better decrease too or nobody will want to become a doctor or nurse in the future.  Malpractice insurance is another problem for them too, not so much for nurses, but for doctors and nurse practitioners.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 02:32:20 PM »
Medical and Nursing school in the US cost too much.  If their salaries decrease, school costs better decrease too or nobody will want to become a doctor or nurse in the future.  Malpractice insurance is another problem for them too, not so much for nurses, but for doctors and nurse practitioners.

Exactly.   I deal in reality and what is.  I simply cabnnot see how we can expect a doctor to take on 250k in debt and tell him/her that the govt employee hanging out not doing a damn thing all day and leaving at 4:45 every day should make the same salary. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »
I'm going to literally laugh my balls off the first time one of these "doctors are all greedy and make way too much money" people can't get to a physician in what they think is reasonable time under the new healthcare plan.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
I'm going to literally laugh my balls off the first time one of these "doctors are all greedy and make way too much money" people can't get to a physician in what they think is reasonable time under the new healthcare plan.

KAJE - IS MY MATH ALL THAT OFF AS LISTED ABOVE? 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 03:10:27 PM »
KAJE - IS MY MATH ALL THAT OFF AS LISTED ABOVE? 

The math is pretty off but correcting you would involve putting too much personal stuff out there. Let's just say

You did ignore a few factors: student loans have to be repaid in ten years, private loans are higher interest rates and residents don't get paid much.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »
The math is pretty off but correcting you would involve putting too much personal stuff out there. Let's just say

You did ignore a few factors: student loans have to be repaid in ten years, private loans are higher interest rates and residents don't get paid much.

So you are saying that you end up with even less than i calculated? 

newmom

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 03:37:07 PM »
yea but the doctors in NYC get a special license plate and can park wherever the fuck they want..there is a perk, but your right in NYC that isnt shit

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »
yea but the doctors in NYC get a special license plate and can park wherever the fuck they want..there is a perk, but your right in NYC that isnt shit

I am trying to leave NYC because the taxes, costs, etc are insane.  I want to go to Texas. 

newmom

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
It's still the best city besides San Diego

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 03:55:12 PM »
It's still the best city besides San Diego

I'm sick of it and had my run.  I want something different at this point and family and GF are the only things keeping me here.  I can operate my business from anywhere. 

newmom

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 03:57:49 PM »
I know what you mean 333386, if it wasn't for a house with no mortgage or rent, I'd move back to nj/nyc area in a heartbeat

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
I know what you mean 333386, if it wasn't for a house with no mortgage or rent, I'd move back to nj/nyc area in a heartbeat

My sis bought a HUGE house in Syracuse area for 300k in a nice nabe with normal people and noram negihbors and a huge lake nearby with familes etc. 

Where I live a rat infested dump starts at 500k w 10k in property taxes and I have to deal with cramped conditions, united nations'esqe population, etc. 

I am just sick of it.  I buy everything online because I dont want to be around these people anymore.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »
They should make whatever their patients and carriers, etc. are willing pay.  No caps. 

Those who favor limits on private sector salaries are repeating Obama's line about what constitutes a high enough salary for execs.  It's not the government's job to be controlling private sector salaries. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »
My sis bought a HUGE house in Syracuse area for 300k in a nice nabe with normal people and noram negihbors and a huge lake nearby with familes etc. 

Where I live a rat infested dump starts at 500k w 10k in property taxes and I have to deal with cramped conditions, united nations'esqe population, etc. 

I am just sick of it.  I buy everything online because I dont want to be around these people anymore.   

Be sure to call next time you visit her. We'll have a smoke.