Author Topic: Sample healthcare Q  (Read 2041 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Sample healthcare Q
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:12:32 PM »
A hypothetical Q...

Joe Blow is a 27 year old getbigger who can't afford health insurance right now.

He gets into a major car accident and which he's not crippled, he sustains some serious injuries that will take years to rehab from.  No social security, he's not disabled for life.  But he does have a lot of problems that are going to be with him for life.

Would he be better off under the current system, Obamacare, or would there be no difference?

(I'm discounting the long-term costs of the healthcare, borrowing, and all the politics... I'm talking in this case, a young guy without insurance, are things different for him with obamacare than from today's system?)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Sample healthcare Q
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »
He'd be better off under the new legislation.  Unless he wanted to die.
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
I seriously don't know the answer, so if 333386 and others have any answers, I'd really love to hear them.  Of course we're all screwed long-term with the spending... but for Joe Blow, what would he get in terms of long-term care that the system wouldn't give him now?

What do we get free now?  Emergency room is covered, I know that.  What else? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »
I seriously don't know the answer, so if 333386 and others have any answers, I'd really love to hear them.  Of course we're all screwed long-term with the spending... but for Joe Blow, what would he get in terms of long-term care that the system wouldn't give him now?

Morons.  His situation who not be any different whatsoever other than potential employers would not hire him due to the fact that they will be paying more taxes to fund the illegal alien filth and drags of society to go to the doctor. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »

Emergency room isn't covered, it's just a law you have to treat everyone.  That is my understanding of it anyway.  It's a bad debt write off for the hospitals/dr's.  Under the everyone is covered plan, everyone would be covered.  It'd eliminate the bad debt write off for a vast majority of cases. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »
Emergency room isn't covered, it's just a law you have to treat everyone.  That is my understanding of it anyway.  It's a bad debt write off for the hospitals/dr's.  Under the everyone is covered plan, everyone would be covered.  It'd eliminate the bad debt write off for a vast majority of cases. 

And who pays for that?  I simply cant believe the economic insanity that you guys are cheering on.  We literally are the Titantic adding thousands of passengers on at the last final minutes of the voyage with this craziness. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
if its a motor accident than likely it alot of his medical costs will be covered by his AUTO INSURANCE............... .

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
if its a motor accident than likely it alot of his medical costs will be covered by his AUTO INSURANCE............... .

tony - despite a year of non stop nonsense from the marxists, its clear to me that people like 240 and KC still are utterly clueless as to what is going on. 

We dont deserve freedom anymore as a nation with this garbage. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 12:46:48 PM »
"if its a motor accident than likely it alot of his medical costs will be covered by his AUTO INSURANCE............... ."

Good point.  Anyone know if there are limits to how much GEICO or someone will pay, over a lifetime?

I guess I could have made the situation "lifting at home in the garage" or soemthing like that.  I wondered if there was nobody to blame, no coverage at all... if they really just ER him then tell him to fck off.  I actually do not know.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »
"if its a motor accident than likely it alot of his medical costs will be covered by his AUTO INSURANCE............... ."

Good point.  Anyone know if there are limits to how much GEICO or someone will pay, over a lifetime?

I guess I could have made the situation "lifting at home in the garage" or soemthing like that.  I wondered if there was nobody to blame, no coverage at all... if they really just ER him then tell him to fck off.  I actually do not know.
depends on your coverage and options you choose

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 12:49:56 PM »
'people like 240 and KC still are utterly clueless as to what is going on.  "

i asked a question in order to learn more.

YOU still haven't told me if Joe Blow will be better off today, or under Obamacare, if he has long-term injuries and nobody to sue over it.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »
A hypothetical Q...

Joe Blow is a 27 year old getbigger who can't afford health insurance right now.

He gets into a major car accident and which he's not crippled, he sustains some serious injuries that will take years to rehab from.  No social security, he's not disabled for life.  But he does have a lot of problems that are going to be with him for life.

Would he be better off under the current system, Obamacare, or would there be no difference?

(I'm discounting the long-term costs of the healthcare, borrowing, and all the politics... I'm talking in this case, a young guy without insurance, are things different for him with obamacare than from today's system?)

This would actually be covered by auto insurance, or by tort law.

Now if he got injured in the gym its a different story. The main thrust of Obamacare is that he would be required to have insurance instead of not having any.
Whether it will be cheaper under Obamacare than if bought insurance privately today, or if it will provide adequate coverage for him under Obamacare or not is debatable.

Health insurance for otherwise normal young people is relatively cheap, add kids, seniors and the sick in and its not.

https://rxtools.aetnamedicare.com/PLANCOMPARE/CONSUMER/INDIVIDUAL/Compare/PlanInfo/PlanDetailList.aspx
     Aetna Medicare Rx Essentials (PDP)       $50.00 /month     Add Drugs      $600/year

By the way I live in Canada and had a cornea transplant. I can't get any supplemental insurance for the eye and it has limited my long term disability.
Don't think that simply because the insurance providers have to carry your insurance, that they would limit what is provided.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 12:54:28 PM »
Good input, thanks joker!

So we'll be "required" to buy insurance?  And what is the thinking on what insurance prices will be?  Stable?  more/less than now?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 12:54:39 PM »
And who pays for that?  I simply cant believe the economic insanity that you guys are cheering on.  We literally are the Titantic adding thousands of passengers on at the last final minutes of the voyage with this craziness. 

Everyone pays for it.  Everyone who pays taxes and everyone who is buying insurance will be paying for it.  So you me and dupree :)
Abandon every hope...

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
The real question here is why can't a 27 year old man afford insurance?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 01:02:51 PM »
The guy who got hurt makes out better under the legislation.However,if you multi-ply that guy by millions of guys,guess who pays for that?In fact,guess who pays all the way around,the guys with jobs trying to make a living.My question is this,why should I have to pay ONE SINGLE solitary dime for anyone but myself and my family.If I was in charge,Id tell this guy,"too bad guy,should have thought ahead".Id pay for his emergency care but take out the funds out of his paycheck[whatever that is]to pay it off and tell him,"your on your own" kick him in the ass and out the door.Whats he does after that is his fucking problem.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 01:06:16 PM »
Good input, thanks joker!

So we'll be "required" to buy insurance?  And what is the thinking on what insurance prices will be?  Stable?  more/less than now?

The thought is it will be more.
Mainly because the government plans is looking to off load quite a bit of medicare and wants the insurance company to insure the uninsurable..
But who knows.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010/mar/19/hiding-the-true-cost-of-obamacare/
Saying his bill will reduce costs doesn't make it true. Take the legislation's huge $500 billion cuts in Medicare. The government already reimburses hospitals and doctors less than their costs. Further cuts mean even more cost shifting to privately insured patients to cover deeper Medicare losses. Private insurance won't cover all of these exorbitant losses, which will force many doctors and hospitals out of business.

Another example is the ban on insurance companies charging different premiums based on pre-existing health conditions. Imagine what would happen if motorists could buy auto insurance after an accident and were allowed to drop it once a car was fixed. People would wait until they were in an accident to buy insurance, and insurance premiums would skyrocket. The same will happen if insurance companies can't charge higher premiums for sick people.

I agree that everyone should be required to carry health insurance.
I also think that people that have long term cancer or HIV should be covered by government and not by insurance companies, which is apposed by Obamacare because insurance companies will greatly increase rates for everyone. I don't agree with Obamacare paying for abortions unless it is a medical emergency, too many people want to adopt kids and 9 months really isn't that long a time.
Z

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 01:08:16 PM »
The real question here is why can't a 27 year old man afford insurance?
I don't think he can't afford insurance he is just to cheap to have any because he thinks he is bulletproof.
When I lived in the US, I knew many of these guys. They also took some of the biggest risks.
Z

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 01:11:53 PM »
The government already reimburses hospitals and doctors less than their costs. Further cuts mean even more cost shifting to privately insured patients to cover deeper Medicare losses. Private insurance won't cover all of these exorbitant losses, which will force many doctors and hospitals out of business.

________________________ ________________________ ___________________

GET THIS INTO YOUR DAMN HEADS FOOLS!!!!!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 01:35:40 PM »
I don't think he can't afford insurance he is just to cheap to have any because he thinks he is bulletproof.
When I lived in the US, I knew many of these guys. They also took some of the biggest risks.

that and many people can't afford heath insurance.

My sister's health insurance is roughly $18,500 annually, that's even with a very high 2500 deductible.

Not all of us have Cadillac plans that are subsidized through huge corporations..i'm not talking about myself here

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »
so for those 27 year olds who buy a flatscreen but don't carry any insurance...

The obama plan actually forces them to be responsible?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »

No!   They can buy insurance regardless of pre-existing conditions and all of sudden everyone is on the hook!  Its insane.   

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 01:48:02 PM »
Morons.  His situation who not be any different whatsoever other than potential employers would not hire him due to the fact that they will be paying more taxes to fund the illegal alien filth and drags of society to go to the doctor. 

OMG...What a meltdown....

240 asked a legitimate question...he never implied the guy was an alien to begin with..

You seriously need help 33367..

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »

It does 240. It forces them to pay for their own health care.  It may not be a libertarian way of doing things or the preferred method.  But sometimes people need more than a nudge they need a shove to do the right thing. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »
It does 240. It forces them to pay for their own health care.  It may not be a libertarian way of doing things or the preferred method.  But sometimes people need more than a nudge they need a shove to do the right thing. 

Or they can pay the fine, wait till they get sick, then sign up for insurance, and then sign up and stick the carrier with insane costs. 

This whole mess is going to lead to a massive collapse in the health care system.

Its right out of Obama's Saul Alinsky tactics. 

http://www.cloward-piven.com