Author Topic: "Pumping Iron" Creator GEORGE BUTLER Visits PBW (Listen Now)  (Read 37952 times)

regmac

• Getbig V
Re: "Pumping Iron" Creator GEORGE BUTLER Visits PBW (Listen Now)
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
Power play he LOST!!

maybe George is just really short..?
Hey Bob is Lou still p'd they used a shorter guy...without his permission?
((-::

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 05:19:08 PM »
who cares....his problem, not mine

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 07:03:58 PM »
who cares....his problem, not mine
LOL's  I agree.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
Re: "Pumping Iron" Creator GEORGE BUTLER Visits PBW (Monday 3/29)
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 12:55:05 AM »
Dan should ask who's currently got the rights to the movie and the unused footage? Is it Arnold? And why doesn't put out the unused footage?

Fuck that, what he really should have asked Butler about was Arnold's true height.  That's what people in the bodybuilding industry are dying to know.  It's a waste of an interview when you leave intriguing and relevant questions like that on the table.  What a shame.
Come at me Bro!

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 04:31:34 AM »
Arnold has all the right to the film and all the uncut footage. There is talk about finally using some of that (in length this time, not like the 30 minute they added for the 25th anniversary dvd) in the BluRay version.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 10:27:08 AM »
Fuck that, what he really should have asked Butler about was Arnold's true height.  That's what people in the bodybuilding industry are dying to know.  It's a waste of an interview when you leave intriguing and relevant questions like that on the table.  What a shame.

Well, lets see...he thought Louie was 6'8...does that give you a hint? LOL

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 11:15:47 AM »
I remember a story way back when Cory Everson was called to a Hollywood studio to film for a movie. The producer thought she was 6-2 and about at least 180. When she showed up a month after an Olympia (weighting 150 I assume), the producer was shocked she looked petite and was actually 15 lbs bigger than she was in the photo.

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »

LOL

Seriously though, it was a really good interview.  I'm a huge fan of Butler's Arnold photos. I actually own one of his prints and I've snipped a ton of them out of magazines over the last 20 years.  I'm also one of those guys who has seen Pumping Iron like 600 times.  I don't think you can overstate George Butler's importance to bodybuilding. 
Come at me Bro!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 02:41:20 PM »
on the cory post:
being ripped makes a person look 20 pounds bigger in pics.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 07:30:51 PM »
LOL

Seriously though, it was a really good interview.  I'm a huge fan of Butler's Arnold photos. I actually own one of his prints and I've snipped a ton of them out of magazines over the last 20 years.  I'm also one of those guys who has seen Pumping Iron like 600 times.  I don't think you can overstate George Butler's importance to bodybuilding.  

yeh, gotta agree with bob on this one, i dont knnow if george butler has all his faculties.....the most awkward part of the interview was when butler corrected bob and said "no, louie is 6'8"......which of course if way way off......and bob had to be polite and just try to change the subject.

whats wrong with george anyway, he voice was very weak and laborious....??

AVBG

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 07:44:02 PM »
Bob, Butler got you good... He had the last word about the height. No shame you're still pretty big 'round here mate.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Re: "Pumping Iron" Creator GEORGE BUTLER Visits PBW (Next Monday 3/29)
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 01:23:55 AM »
If 'Pumping Iron' is never made, where are Arnold and Louie today?

I'm betting Arnold is still a rich and successful businessman, quietly living in South California.  Probably way more involved in the sport.  Maybe even working as Athlete's Rep!

I'm betting Louie never does the Incredible Hulk.  Instead, I'm betting he wins 5 or 6 Olympia titles.  I'm betting he completely dominates that 'swimmers era' from 1976 until 1983.

I'm betting the sport of bodybuilding is a lot smaller.  There is no getbig, in such a terrible world.

Pumping Iron came out after Stay Hungry and Hercules in new York.  Hollywood had already discovered Arnold.  Pumping helped him but ultimately he would have made it anyway.  If anything Pumping Iron helped bodybuilding more than Arnold.
No Worries 4 me

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »
too be honest, i couldn't understand nor hear shit from george lucas

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 04:06:44 PM »
too be honest, i couldn't understand nor hear shit from george lucas

That would make sense...we were talking to someone else

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »
Pumping Iron came out after Stay Hungry and Hercules in new York.  Hollywood had already discovered Arnold.  Pumping helped him but ultimately he would have made it anyway.  If anything Pumping Iron helped bodybuilding more than Arnold.

that is a very good point, and it compleatly lays to waste bob and dans hypothesis that without george butler there would be no arnold as a movie star.

just compleatly false,,,,

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 04:45:29 PM »

that is a very good point, and it compleatly lays to waste bob and dans hypothesis that without george butler there would be no arnold as a movie star.

just compleatly false,,,,

First, I never said that, you may want to go back and actually listen this time...

Second, while both those movies preceeded PI, both were panned...badly, by any and all critic/ reviews...the movies bombed, and if you listened to what George was saying, the problem with securing dollars for the movie, WERE those movies that Arnold was in.....

Pumping Iron made Arnold a star because people saw his personality and charisma, not his acting ability...

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 04:49:25 PM »
First, I never said that, you may want to go back and actually listen this time...

Second, while both those movies preceeded PI, both were panned...badly, by any and all critic/ reviews...the movies bombed, and if you listened to what George was saying, the problem with securing dollars for the movie, WERE those movies that Arnold was in.....

Pumping Iron made Arnold a star because people saw his personality and charisma, not his acting ability...

thats actually a very good point as well,....the first two movies did not showcase who arnold was, he looked like another muscleman.....and pumping iron opened the public's eyes to the cult of personality that was arnold schwarzenegger

bob chick putting me in my place tonight....