Author Topic: help! confused as hell, questions on bodyfat,muscle gain, weight loss...  (Read 967 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
hi everyone! posted a question/topic a few months ago and thought i would get some new answers. let me remind everyone of my situation...

45 years old, 226 pounds, probably 20 to 22 percent bodyfat! yikes! been working out for a few months now, mon and thurs do chest, arms, shoulders, tues and friday legs and back, cardio is done 5 minutes before every workout and 15 to 20 minutes every day afterwards except on leg days meaning no cardio on tues and friday, i take one day off from everything which is a sunday. anyway..

my goals have changed while at first i wanted to get to 235 to 240 and decrease my bodyfat percentage, but i know that is now impossible especially at my age without some major "special supplement" help. so now my goal is to get to 210 at 10 percent bodyfat which if i'm at that weight and that bodyfat percentage i will look like i weight 235 plus anyway.... i'm confused as HOW TO GET THERE?!

on one hand, i guess to lose bodyfat and therefore bodyweight you have to burn more calories whether increasing cardio or eating less or both at the same time, however, if you eat less, then how are you supposed to maintain any muscle much less increase muscle, because whether your doing cardio only, weights only or both your body is craving more food as fuel right?

this is where i'm confused! how do i lose bodyfat which i guess means losing bodyweight and my goal then is losing 15 pounds, yet keep any muscle i have ( i don't think i have that much quite frankly) while supposedly eating less? high protein, moderate carbs, eat every 2 hours, but all the meals are really more snacks, then meals? increase cardio even more? i do only rest 1 minute between each set so my lifting is actually a cardio workout in addition to the cardio workouts i actually do, granted you can't lift as much weight with such a short time span between sets. actually people have said screw weights for the time being just do cardio every day, then get down to your bodyweight and bodyfat goals, then when you get there start lifting weights again? HUH? i don't want to be nor look like a fricking runner/swimmer!

help all you nutrition and workout experts! sorry to go on and on! thanks in advance!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
I know for a fact that I gave a comprehensive answer the first time you asked it and my opinion has not changed.

Since you are asking the same question again, start by taking a deep breath and chill out.

Stop worrying about your "goals".. Who TF told you that word? A gym trainer?

Start buy measuring your bodyfat. Measure your daily output of calories. Count the calories you are eating. Workout regularly with weights and some cardio. Continue to monitor bodyfat measurements and circumferences (waist)-- make sure that your bodyfat is lowering consistently. Don't worry about the rest.

If your bF is not lowering, cut some calories and increase your activity levels.

Calories inbound versus Calories Outbound. Intake vs. Expenditure.

Use the mirror as a guide, when you look as good as you want to look that will be all that matters. You may find that your original "goals" had nothing to do with the reality of your situation.

Stay consistent. If you are sabatoging your efforts, it shouldnt be some mysterious secret when it's happening. Be honest with yourself. If there is something that you are doing that is ruining your "goals' then freaking can that particular "something" and move on.

YOu act as if you are doing everything right and yet nothing positive is occuring.

Do you need a camera monitor to watch you at all times?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
^ X2

Good advice as always bro.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Since dyslexic beat me to it, I will weigh in with my thoughts when the OP asks this exact question again around mid-July.