Author Topic: "Getting Shredded" - Understanding the Physiology of Decreasing Excess Bodyfat  (Read 4797 times)

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
To reduce excess bodyfat and attain a "shredded" physique, one most understand the key concepts to lipid storage regulation. I have broken the stages into 3 important points that are easy to remember and follow.

1. Overall Calorie Reduction
2. Macronutrient Timing
3. Cardiovascular Training

Lets take a deeper look into these 3 points to understand what they entail.

Reduce your caloric intake by 500 calories per day so that you are eating 3500 less calories per week. One pound of fat carries 3500 stored calories, so assuming your resistance training and diet is in order, you should be shedding 1lb of fat per week. Any more than 1lb lost per week and you are losing muscle mass.

2. Macronutrient Timing
You need to keep consuming 1g of protein per 3-4lbs of bodyweight to maintain lean muscle mass especially during caloric restrictions. Time your carbohydrates to use them only when needed since excess carbs are stored as fat, 30g preworkout and 30g post workout is enough. Eliminate simple sugars since they spike blood glucose levels, causing hunger and they signal the body to store macronutrients in the form of lipids. Continue avoiding trans fats and hydrogenated fats since they are associated with heart disease.

Perform 20 minutes of high intensity cardiovascular training on the equipment of your choosing immediately after your workout (consume post workout carbs and protein after cardio). 20 minutes will keep the body's muscle wasting mechanisms from kicking in and performing it post resistance training when the body's preferred fuel source, glycogen, is exhausted will force the body to utilize energy from stored fat.

If you follow these 3 easy steps, you will develop a lean and much more impressive physique in just a few short months depending your level of bodyfat now.

- HR

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
your cut and paste skills are stellar

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
your cut and paste skills are stellar

Feel free to input anything I have posted here on www.google.com and you will see that everything I have written is completely original. I am sharing the knowledge of human physiology I have learned from the past 6 years of graduate and post graduate education on exercise science.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
Feel free to input anything I have posted here on www.google.com and you will see that everything I have written is completely original. I am sharing the knowledge of human physiology I have learned from the past 6 years of graduate and post graduate education on exercise science.

You're not Adonis

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Pro Tip: nobody reads your posts.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
Not trashing your tips, but got any pics of people you have trained, or have followed your advice? Pictures speak louder than words.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
HR:

does excessive masturbation count as cardiovascular training?
X

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Pro Tip: nobody reads your posts.

I do and I appreciate them.

It's also funny that they are so unwelcome on a board where they should be on topic. 

HugeRipped exploits this fact for great comedic results, the flailing responses of the local idiots are priceless.  So HugeRipped really works on two levels, as comedy and as good info (though most of what he says is common sense to a serious BBer).

MadeYaMelt

• Getbig III
Not trashing your tips, but got any pics of people you have trained, or have followed your advice? Pictures speak louder than words.

He's trained himself and the results are quite amazing.  Wouldn't you agree? 

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
bench

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
To reduce excess bodyfat and attain a "shredded" physique, one most understand the key concepts to lipid storage regulation. I have broken the stages into 3 important points that are easy to remember and follow.

2. Macronutrient Timing

Lets take a deeper look into these 3 points to understand what they entail.

Reduce your caloric intake by 500 calories per day so that you are eating 3500 less calories per week. One pound of fat carries 3500 stored calories, so assuming your resistance training and diet is in order, you should be shedding 1lb of fat per week. Any more than 1lb lost per week and you are losing muscle mass.

2. Macronutrient Timing
You need to keep consuming 1g of protein per 3-4lbs of bodyweight to maintain lean muscle mass especially during caloric restrictions. Time your carbohydrates to use them only when needed since excess carbs are stored as fat, 30g preworkout and 30g post workout is enough. Eliminate simple sugars since they spike blood glucose levels, causing hunger and they signal the body to store macronutrients in the form of lipids. Continue avoiding trans fats and hydrogenated fats since they are associated with heart disease.

Perform 20 minutes of high intensity cardiovascular training on the equipment of your choosing immediately after your workout (consume post workout carbs and protein after cardio). 20 minutes will keep the body's muscle wasting mechanisms from kicking in and performing it post resistance training when the body's preferred fuel source, glycogen, is exhausted will force the body to utilize energy from stored fat.

If you follow these 3 easy steps, you will develop a lean and much more impressive physique in just a few short months depending your level of bodyfat now.

- HR

4)

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
 Fuck all these articles.

Just lift hard.
 Rest a lot.
 Eat a good balanced diet.
 Get the right amount of protein fats and carbs.
 Eat the proper amount of calories.

That's it....

There's no need to make this shit so complicated.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
sti k to the brance warren threads jewhit

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
HR

I agree with what you said...the following people will disagree with what you said about excess carbs being stored as fat...Wavelength, Tbombz, and fatpanda.  Please educate these gentle that you can be in a calories deficit and eat more carbs than needed and those carbs will be stored as fat.

You are wrong about losing more than 1 pound per week. I would say 2.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
where's the HGH and IGF in this list?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Erroneous info..........no mention of kale consumption,"The Paintcan Principles",standing while posting on GB,40 pound dumbell squats,Falcon punches,grape juice,Old English 800,fine ass hoes,epic leans,Argo starch,marijuana,ingesting copious amounts of olive oil,etc. etc.

Surely a gimmick if there ever was one.  ;)

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
HR

I agree with what you said...the following people will disagree with what you said about excess carbs being stored as fat...Wavelength, Tbombz, and fatpanda.  Please educate these gentle that you can be in a calories deficit and eat more carbs than needed and those carbs will be stored as fat.

You are wrong about losing more than 1 pound per week. I would say 2.

dead wrong

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
He's trained himself and the results are quite amazing.  Wouldn't you agree? 

:o :o
 huge ripped how much do you change for personal training/nutritional advice ?

i don't think i'd like to be as muscular as you, i'm going more for the fitness look.

do you provide diet and training advice ?
175lbs by 31st July

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Thanks, HR. I read it and copied it and printed it and mailed a few copies to some of my fatter than normal computer-less friends, mainly because it is concise and my fat friends don't like to read too much unless they are sitting in a Krispy Kream with 6 jelly filled doughnuts and a couple of Bear Claws on the side.

So I take this opportunity to thank ya.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
:o :o
 huge ripped how much do you change for personal training/nutritional advice ?

i don't think i'd like to be as muscular as you, i'm going more for the fitness look.

do you provide diet and training advice ?

ahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha

b

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Thanks, HR. I read it and copied it and printed it and mailed a few copies to some of my fatter than normal computer-less friends, mainly because it is concise and my fat friends don't like to read too much unless they are sitting in a Krispy Kream with 6 jelly filled doughnuts and a couple of Bear Claws on the side.

So I take this opportunity to thank ya.

Yes, reading something always garners exceptional results...

BTW, what exactly is "fatter than normal?"

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats

ahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha

LOL!
follow the arrows

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
epic lack of brain cells in this thread.

my high brow wit must be beyond your comprehension.
175lbs by 31st July

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
HugeRipped is neither huge or ripped.