Author Topic: Deadlifts & Stiff legged deads?  (Read 2080 times)

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Deadlifts & Stiff legged deads?
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »
 Right now on leg day, I do stiff legged deadlifts.

On back day, I don't do standard deadlifts because I feel like I get a good back workout on leg day with the stiff legged deads. I feel like maybe I would be overtraining to do deads on back and leg day. So on back day I just hit my back with rows, pull downs and chin ups.

What do you think? Should I do stiff legs and normal deads? Or just keep doing what i'm doing?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Deadlifts & Stiff legged deads?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 05:48:11 PM »
Right now on leg day, I do stiff legged deadlifts.

On back day, I don't do standard deadlifts because I feel like I get a good back workout on leg day with the stiff legged deads. I feel like maybe I would be overtraining to do deads on back and leg day. So on back day I just hit my back with rows, pull downs and chin ups.

What do you think? Should I do stiff legs and normal deads? Or just keep doing what i'm doing?

i think u got the right idea

maybe the weeks u dont do stiff leg deads on leg day, then do deads on back day
w

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 06:06:19 PM »
i think u got the right idea

maybe the weeks u dont do stiff leg deads on leg day, then do deads on back day

Thanks for the tip. Right now I just do stiff legs every week. Maybe I should start switching it up and do normal deads every week week. Good idea.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Right now I just do stiff legs every week. Maybe I should start switching it up and do normal deads every week week. Good idea.
lately ive been liking either full deads or stiff leg deads on leg day, and heavy rack deads on back day...but i wont do both in the same week
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »
I think you should do both, Ive done regular deads on back day and squats and stiff legged on leg day...I dont feel you get the same workout from SLDL and regular and if i had to choose Id primarily choose regular and do squats on leg day.

I found that SLDL did help my squat go up and really helped the weight on my regular deads as well

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »
I agree that they are different movements, SL for hamstrings and regular for back.  I love SLDLs but doing those and regular deadlifts and squats all week and trying to run a few times a week ends up being too much for my lower back, and I usually end up skipping SLDLs :(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:07:48 PM »
I agree that they are different movements, SL for hamstrings and regular for back.  I love SLDLs but doing those and regular deadlifts and squats all week and trying to run a few times a week ends up being too much for my lower back, and I usually end up skipping SLDLs :(
I agree with this as well, it can be overwhelming so I would always try to put as much time inbetween my back and leg workouts.

I always felt like balling up in the fetal position in the corner after squats and SLDL on leg days...never very fun but I got pretty good results