Author Topic: McNabb to Oakland?  (Read 3992 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: McNabb to Oakland?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 08:02:39 PM »
No    If we lose, I'll blame my QB and  secondary like I always do.  We have no more excuses for losing any games! We're the DALLAS COWBOYS for Christ sakes!
I shall remind you of this quote every lost this season  ;)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »
All the way till our last game at home in February? 8)
((-::

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 02:26:07 PM »
So is Vick going to be the QB in Philly now? On that note the Panthers finally got rid of the all time NFL interception leader Del Hommie.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »
So is Vick going to be the QB in Philly now? On that note the Panthers finally got rid of the all time NFL interception leader Del Hommie.
Jake's been their franchise guy though. And he only has ONE wr to go to.   Not sure if thats the same Dwayne Jarrett who left LA.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 03:28:04 PM »
Jake's been their franchise guy though. And he only has ONE wr to go to.   Not sure if thats the same Dwayne Jarrett who left LA.
Well yea Jake had the Bojangles Contract, now all the bros wont have any chicken to eat and I heard he was dating the owners daughter thats why they kep his sorry ass so long....they must have broke up.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 03:35:29 PM »
Well yea Jake had the Bojangles Contract, now all the bros wont have any chicken to eat and I heard he was dating the owners daughter thats why they kep his sorry ass so long....they must have broke up.
You may be right about the INT thing becasue he's postered on NYJ's Reavi's td photo!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
You may be right about the INT thing becasue he's postered on NYJ's Reavi's td photo!
He is not worth a shit, soon as the Panthers put in Moore they started winning last year.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
He is not worth a shit, soon as the Panthers put in Moore they started winning last year.
Moore is just trying to prove himself.   He IS good (which is why i wish we kept him   on PS), but once what he does matters  then his inexperience will show.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »
Moore is just trying to prove himself.   He IS good (which is why i wish we kept him   on PS), but once what he does matters  then his inexperience will show.
Good point right there.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
Good point right there.
Now you have to replce Pepper and Jake!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
Now you have to replce Pepper and Jake!
Peppers is going to hurt, we need Lawrence Taylor to come out.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
Peppers is going to hurt, we need Lawrence Taylor to come out.
Demarcus for Steve Smith   and Jarrett!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »
 :o

Sources: McNabb headed to Washington
By Adam Schefter
ESPN

The Philadelphia Eagles have reached agreement on a blockbuster intra-division trade that will send perennial Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

NFC East blog
ESPN.com's Matt Mosley writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

The two sides still must finalize language, but McNabb is now headed to Washington. Sources said the deal involved the Redskins' second-round pick in the 2010 draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year, depending on several factors.

The move means the Redskins now have a new starting quarterback and the Eagles have a new one as well in Kevin Kolb. Michael Vick is now in line as the team's backup.

Earlier, sources said McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, scared off several other teams. McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 and is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.

At the league meetings, head coach Andy Reid said the Eagles were listening to offers for all three quarterbacks, including 11-year veteran McNabb, who quickly said on his Web site that he wanted a quick resolution to the trade conversations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5055346

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »
WOW Im suprised they would trade him to a team from the same division  :o

and for 2 draft picks...I think the redskins definitely are getting the better end of this deal

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 07:18:36 AM »

By Adam Schefter
ESPN

The Philadelphia Eagles have reached agreement on a blockbuster intra-division trade that will send perennial Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

NFC East blog

The two sides still must finalize language, but McNabb is now headed to Washington. Sources said the deal involved the Redskins' second-round pick in the 2010 draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year, depending on several factors.

The move means the Redskins now have a new starting quarterback and the Eagles have a new one as well in Kevin Kolb. Michael Vick is now in line as the team's backup.

Earlier, sources said McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, scared off several other teams. McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 and is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.

At the league meetings, head coach Andy Reid said the Eagles were listening to offers for all three quarterbacks, including 11-year veteran McNabb, who quickly said on his Web site that he wanted a quick resolution to the trade conversations.

All I can say is..... :o

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 01:56:31 PM »
In total disbelief that Mcnabb was traded to another team within the division. Is Philly really this stupid?? Sure, the Redskins matched the Eagles' asking price but now Mcnabb will be super motivated to bury the same team he took to prominence for the last 11 years.

body88

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »
Yes! Now the Pats can draft Marc Ingram with Oaklands 2011 first rounder.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2010, 05:08:07 PM »
Yes! Now the Pats can draft Marc Ingram with Oaklands 2011 first rounder.

So much for Lawrence Maroney, huh?

body88

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2010, 07:51:45 PM »
So much for Lawrence Maroney, huh?

As a superstar, yes.

The Pats system is not condusive to high numbers by a single back. The short passing game is a form of their running game, also. Maroney is not a pro bowl player, but he is certainly a good rb who has shown a 4 ypc avg consistantly since he came into the NFL. In short, he's a good player who wll never be a game changer in that system.

Maroney needs a stud pounder type to be paired with.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
This makes total sense for Washington since Shanahan won't have to pull his hair out finding a good West Coast style QB.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »
As a superstar, yes.

The Pats system is not condusive to high numbers by a single back. The short passing game is a form of their running game, also. Maroney is not a pro bowl player, but he is certainly a good rb who has shown a 4 ypc avg consistantly since he came into the NFL. In short, he's a good player who wll never be a game changer in that system.

I remember a couple years ago you guys had a 2 back system, I forget the other back but maroney was one of them...I seem to remember maroney being a much more punishing rb a couple of years ago very marion barberesk

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 06:47:23 AM »
As a superstar, yes.

Don't think Maroney was ever destined to be a superstar, even though he certainly has talent. Loved to dish out hits too much and as a result, he was frequently injured.

But how would drafting Ingram be a benefit to the Pat's style of offense? If the majority of their plays begin out of the shotgun then I don't see how it would play to Ingram's strengths as a runner. Alabama was primarily a running team.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 10:21:33 AM »

By Adam Schefter
ESPN

NFC East blog

SUCKs