Author Topic: If jesus really did "die" for our sins...........  (Read 5328 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
If jesus really did "die" for our sins...........
« on: April 23, 2010, 04:05:37 PM »
then why even worry about sinning? Many christians believe that christianity is a "living" and "ongoing" part of life, and that jesus "lives" so why care about sinning if jesus sacrifice took care of it?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: If jesus really did "die" for our sins...........
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:26:14 PM »
here is another one that perplexes me about Christianity....how is Jesus god and a human at the same time...

u CANT be in 2 places at the same time...there is a law in physics that says u cant (Heisenberg's uncertainty principle)

why would god confuse humanity by breaking the laws of physics he himself created?

after all..enlightenment comes thru knowlodge and  breaking the laws of physics only serves to confuse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle
carpe` vaginum!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:20:18 PM »
You need faith people...
DAWG

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:55:27 PM »
then why even worry about sinning? Many christians believe that christianity is a "living" and "ongoing" part of life, and that jesus "lives" so why care about sinning if jesus sacrifice took care of it?

Hi Oldschool!

Although believers are forgiven....Jesus wants us to live as He did....He didn't sin.  Think about how the world would be if we lived as Christ did.  No, it wouldn't be boring LOL

here is another one that perplexes me about Christianity....how is Jesus god and a human at the same time...

u CANT be in 2 places at the same time...there is a law in physics that says u cant (Heisenberg's uncertainty principle)

why would god confuse humanity by breaking the laws of physics he himself created?

after all..enlightenment comes thru knowlodge and  breaking the laws of physics only serves to confuse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

Toxy, believers contend that God is omnipotent and if He chooses to be omnipresent, He can do so.

Your question also touches upon the Trinity....a belief in a Triune God....  One God in 3 "persons..."  Father, Son, Holy Spirit

R

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 02:42:56 PM »

If only Christianity was as simple as that... Ask 20 Christians a question about something in the bible and you are likely to get 20 different answers. For a collection of manuscripts that believers claim the author is still living and they consult with on a regular basis, there sure is a lot of disagreement among the followers.. No such issue with a Tom Clancy novel... is Clancy a better author? 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »

Toxy, believers contend that God is omnipotent and if He chooses to be omnipresent, He can do so.

i not questioning whether he can or not....i'm saying WHY would he?

Your question also touches upon the Trinity....a belief in a Triune God....  One God in 3 "persons..."  Father, Son, Holy Spirit
yeah...i just dont get that stells....kinda does a loop de loop around the whole monotheistic religion thing

carpe` vaginum!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 04:28:48 PM »
How many of these hardcore christians live their whole lives without breaking at least one (or multiple) of the 10 commandments ?!! looks like none of them are going to be admitted to heaven..tsk tsk.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »
How many of these hardcore christians live their whole lives without breaking at least one (or multiple) of the 10 commandments ?!! looks like none of them are going to be admitted to heaven..tsk tsk.

that's the beauty of it you can do all that shit as long as you ask for forgiveness your all good...You can go up and hang out with a bunch of pedophiles or murders and rapists that asked to be forgiven....
DAWG

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 04:33:31 PM »
that's the beauty of it you can do all that shit as long as you ask for forgiveness your all good...You can go up and hang out with a bunch of pedophiles or murders and rapists that asked to be forgiven....

Isn't it great ?!!? let's go and commit genocide, kill a whole nation of 'non believing muslims' but its' OK because jesus will forgive us! :)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »

dunno much about judiasm but since my parents r muslim i can chime in here with what islam says...

in islam there r a few unforgivable sins...from what i know they r ... idolatry (hense the whole hubub about mohammeds cartoons)..rape...murder...and not paying back $ owed...

ya do these...no matter how good a muslim you r..your ass is gonna fry in hell..

..however...a christian that lives a good life and dosen't know about islam and its teaching can end up in heaven...

sounds sorta fair to me
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »
BAD TOXIE!  You know better than to try and use logic!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 07:40:51 AM »

in islam there r a few unforgivable sins...from what i know they r ... idolatry (hense the whole hubub about mohammeds cartoons)..

Toxy, what is the deal w/that?  Do they think people will worship the cartoons or something? 
R

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »
Toxy, what is the deal w/that?  Do they think people will worship the cartoons or something? 

LOL!!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 11:39:45 AM »
Toxy, what is the deal w/that?  Do they think people will worship the cartoons or something?  

ok Islam says thats its forbidden to draw pictures or make idols of mohammed cause then people might start worshipping those pictures and idols...hey happens in Christianity..people bow down to statues of jesus...so in islam..the ONLY deity you can bow to is god.

now it is a big deal but not really if someone drew a picture of mohammed....
YES..a lot of muslims flipped the fuck out about those cartoons but did ya see any muslim business men or..basically well off well educated muslims in those crowds on cnn?  i didn't...problem..99% of muslims come from 3rd world uneducated countries...and those people r liable to behave like animals...dosen't mean shyt if u let them move to the first world...and then these low class people have kids and then teach that shit to to them...i can say...it was not a topic of conversation in my family and extended family...they frankly could care less about a few cartoons :-\  they were kinda embarrassed that a buncha people that call themselves muslims were behaving like that
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »
ok Islam says thats its forbidden to draw pictures or make idols of mohammed cause then people might start worshipping those pictures and idols...hey happens in Christianity..people bow down to statues of jesus...so in islam..the ONLY deity you can bow to is god.

now it is a big deal but not really if someone drew a picture of mohammed....
YES..a lot of muslims flipped the fuck out about those cartoons but did ya see any muslim business men or..basically well off well educated muslims in those crowds on cnn?  i didn't...problem..99% of muslims come from 3rd world uneducated countries...and those people r liable to behave like animals...dosen't mean shyt if u let them move to the first world...and then these low class people have kids and then teach that shit to to them...i can say...it was not a topic of conversation in my family and extended family...they frankly could care less about a few cartoons :-\  they were kinda embarrassed that a buncha people that call themselves muslims were behaving like that

Yeah, some denominations that consider themselves Christians do have idols etc. and people sometimes look like they are praying to them.  That is forbidden in the bible as well.  

Toxy, do people pray to Mohammed?  I mean, he is not considered God right?  

Although I think some Catholics pray to Mary (who is clearly not God) which is forbidden in the bible so maybe it's along the same lines as them not wanting people to pray to Mohammed....or are they OK to pray to Mohammed?

R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 12:01:05 PM »

Toxy, do people pray to Mohammed?  I mean, he is not considered God right?  

no...thats strictly forbidden...by mohammed himself...although muslims do follow i think its called the "hadith" ie the teaching of mohammed...for example..a lot of muslims break fast with a date (not a date date but the fruit date...wait is a date a fruit or....i digress ) like mohammed used to....orrr wear their pants above the ankle (kinda shortish) to save cloth so more can be saved for the poor..also supposidely like mohammed.

actually i think it ws mohammed himself that forbade drawings and idols of himself....but i dont think he told muslims to flip the fuck out if someone did do it...  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
Stella: here is a good overview of the Gnostic gospels which were hidden, destroyed and denied by the church and vatican

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/gnostics.html

This is just one of many pages on them

the reason they were hidden away and destryoed (obviously not all copies) by the church was because many of them went against the general direction of the new testament and the church, the gnostic gospels (and one apparently written by jesus christ himself) said to not believe in a god or higher being but rather to believe in oneself and just be a good person
and treat others the way you would want to be treated..etc.

You can obviously see why the church had a problem with information like that being let loose, esp. in the dark ages where the church seemed to be people's salvation and hope.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »
Stella: here is a good overview of the Gnostic gospels which were hidden, destroyed and denied by the church and vatican

the reason they were hidden away and destryoed (obviously not all copies) by the church was because many of them went against the general direction of the new testament and the church, the gnostic gospels (and one apparently written by jesus christ himself) said to not believe in a god or higher being but rather to believe in oneself and just be a good person

You can obviously see why the church had a problem with information like that being let loose, esp. in the dark ages where the church seemed to be people's salvation and hope.

I posted a series of videos on this and more and she wanted cliff notes...always cracks me up people will read a bible for years,decades but dont have time for a 1-2 hour documentary on the same subject..
DAWG

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 07:21:06 AM »

Thanks Captain!  Which one is the one apparently written by Jesus Christ?
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 07:23:26 AM »
I posted a series of videos on this and more and she wanted cliff notes...always cracks me up people will read a bible for years,decades but dont have time for a 1-2 hour documentary on the same subject..

dawg, I watched an hour or so video YngwieRhoads posted.

How about a paragraph summary to see if we want to watch yours?
R

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 08:30:38 AM »

dawg, I watched an hour or so video YngwieRhoads posted.

How about a paragraph summary to see if we want to watch yours?

It's about the bible...
DAWG

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 08:57:10 AM »

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 11:20:44 PM »
a fable...
DAWG

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 11:54:05 AM »

You can also see another reason why the Roman Catholic Church had a problem with it: IT'S CATEGORICALLY FALSE, according to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus NEVER taught (nor did His disciples, or the apostle Paul) to simply be good.

Paul stated in Romans 10:9, If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved..

The words of Jesus Christ, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6).

During His ministry, Jesus Christ told others about the Ten Commandments. And, Both the Old and New Testaments sum up the Commandments as this:

Love the Lord thy God with all that heart, soul, and strength ("Do not have any gods before me; You shall not make unto thee any graven images; You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain; Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy)

Love your neighbor as yourself (Honor your father and mother; you shall not murder; You shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness; Do not covet anything that is your neighbor's).

Plus, the disciples' charge (what modern Christians call the "Great Commission") was to "Go ye therefore and teach ALL NATIONS, baptisizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost." Whosoever wants to learn of Christ is more than welcome. There is no "secret" society, as the Gnostics tried to make. For these and other reasons (including the aforementioned Commandments), the Gnostics' works are usually cited as bogus.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
The bible is 42 seprate books written and edited after the fact by a bunch of ppl from the past you never met. No one can save you just like in the physical world you must save your self. Jesus is the son of god so am I and so are you. We are all loved but we lie to our self'ves because we think it is easyer. but it is not take charge of your life do the things you know are right. Learn to love and exsist at higher and higher levels.

If you wait to be saved then you will wait for ever ;)
P