Author Topic: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status  (Read 8583 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I studied a couple of semesters of stats as a few extra credits while I was getting my Comp. Sci. Degree.

I had to have something after diff. EQ.

I'm sure it's nothing compared to all of that statistical analysis you've done.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LOL you must not have done well b/c if you did youd know that you cant infer qualities about one population to another different population...

also youd know that a correlation is a relationship...still waiting for you to prove that "1 to 1" relationship there holmes...otherwise there is no correlation which is what I said...simply a coincidental happening

Dispute my posts

STILL WAITING  ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
While I hate to use Wiki for something like this...

Please read here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

If you still don't get it... Well, there's nothing more I can tell you about it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
While I hate to use Wiki for something like this...

Please read here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

If you still don't get it... Well, there's nothing more I can tell you about it.
I never said correlation implies causation and yes that is probably the first thing you learn about correlations...

what you dont understand is that your 1:1 correlation isnt a correlation for starters and even if it was isnt valid as your trying to extend the properties of the population that was sampled to another seperated different population...

::)

still waiting...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
How can you say there's no correlation?

I see that as an almost 1-1 correlation.
prove the correlation...otherwise all you see is a coincidental happening of numbers... ;)

LMAO i pegged you for smarter than this holmes...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
You need to go back and read what I typed... What I typed is in fact a correlation, it is not a causation... As I stated previously.

Correlations do not require 2 sets as you claim they do... While it may be a dictionary definition, it is not an accurate definition of the use of correlation when it comes to statistics, but again, you will continue to not read what I type and only stick to your belief... Completely pointless to even respond to you in this thread.

PS. Correlations are not always proven... Causations are where the correlations cause an outcome. They are not the same.

I thought you were smarter than this too, but apparently not.

The correlation is that 60% of polled people think the law is good and 60% of the us population is cracker white.

That is in fact a correlation.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
You need to go back and read what I typed... What I typed is in fact a correlation, it is not a causation... As I stated previously.

Correlations do not require 2 sets as you claim they do... While it may be a dictionary definition, it is not an accurate definition of the use of correlation when it comes to statistics, but again, you will continue to not read what I type and only stick to your belief... Completely pointless to even respond to you in this thread.

PS. Correlations are not always proven... Causations are where the correlations cause an outcome. They are not the same.

I thought you were smarter than this too, but apparently not.

The correlation is that 60% of polled people think the law is good and 60% of the us population is cracker white.

That is in fact a correlation.
a correlation means that there is a relationship all youve shown is a 2 numbers that are around the same...no relationship no nothing...

no dip shit its not a correlation I could say the same thing 40% arent white and 20% of the whites make up the 60% its a correlation...BUT ITS NOT B/C I HAVENT PROVEN A RELATIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
No Tony... That would be proving the CAUSATION.

If the percentage of people supporting and the percentage of people who are white change, then it's a causation.

What I stated is in fact a correlation.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
No Tony... That would be proving the CAUSATION.

If the percentage of people supporting and the percentage of people who are white change, then it's a causation.

What I stated is in fact a correlation.

HHAHHAHSGLK:JHAS:JKLGH:FLKJALHBL:KSDFGH"J OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGGY STICKY THIS THREAD FOR ME BRO!!!!!!

LOL no no no...what it means when it says you cant get causation from correlation is that you cant determine which factor is making the move occur when 2 things have a correlation...

I.E. if you have X and Y and X goes up one degree if there is a 1:1 correlation then Y goes up one degree this is what establishes the 1:1 correlation, but you cannot determine if X made Y move or Y made X move or if some other factor played a part in it...

"If the percentage of people supporting and the percentage of people who are white change"

that is what a correlation is brain child!!!!!!!!!! what its saying is simply b/c one changes and so does the other doesnt mean it necissarily caused by the first factor changing

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Ok Tony... You are a statistical genius and know more than myself and all of the other engineers I deal with.

You must be a getbig super genius and multi-millionair.

PS... If you're agreeing that if both percentages go up then my initial correlation does still hold merit.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Ok Tony... You are a statistical genius and know more than myself and all of the other engineers I deal with.

You must be a getbig super genius and multi-millionair.

PS... If you're agreeing that if both percentages go up then my initial correlation does still hold merit.
well I hope the engineers you work with know alot more about stats than your ass...

IM NOT AGREEING, Im telling you to prove it b/c if you cant prove it there is no correlation simply a coincidental happening of numbers...

go ahead and prove it, IM WAITING....

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Give me 5 years for the percentage of white people in the country to go down and I will.

;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Give me 5 years for the percentage of white people in the country to go down and I will.

;)
LOL what I thought childish 5 yr old response when shown the errors of you ways  ::)

let the others handle the stats at work from now on holmes  ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
According to your definition, that's what's required.

I see nothing childish about it, but hey... You go ahead and continue to think so.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
According to your definition, that's what's required.

I see nothing childish about it, but hey... You go ahead and continue to think so.
LOL its not my definition its THE DEFINITION... ::)

you could have just said ok youre right there isnt a provable correlation with it

this also doesnt address your using the population of the US to draw conclusions about the population of likely voters...which is who the poll used!!!!!!!!!!! are you saying that you think the population of likely voters is just like the population of the US?

again leave stats to the others at your work bro

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Can we get to talking about illaygals again?   ;D  ;D  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
lets go with these numbers from the pew organization...the numbers maybe different but im simply showing the concept not proving my point...

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1209/racial-ethnic-voters-presidential-election#end3

they have the number of whites that voted in the previous election(which in this case will be the likely voters) at 73.4% and thats non hispanic whites.

this number doesnt coincide with your coincidental happening of numbers...now these may not be the numbers just like yours may not be the numbers but one thing is for sure you cannot draw conclusions about the details of one population using the details of another population like youre doing b/c as Ive shown the properties maybe different...basically the % of likely voters(which is again what the polls population was) may not have the same racial make up of the population of the US

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Can we get to talking about illaygals again?   ;D  ;D  ;D
yesh yesh im sorry im done...

again anybody who is opposing this bill, how are we supposed to know who is illegal and who is not?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
240 just wants to shoot, break knee caps, and guillotine, ans ask questions later. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
'240 just wants to shoot, break knee caps, and guillotine, ans ask questions later.  '

Only for those who disrespect our country enough to piss on our laws and enter illegally.

For those who are here legally, being cuffed, questioned, ID'd without breaking the law is some bullshit.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
'240 just wants to shoot, break knee caps, and guillotine, ans ask questions later.  '

Only for those who disrespect our country enough to piss on our laws and enter illegally.

For those who are here legally, being cuffed, questioned, ID'd without breaking the law is some bullshit.
how would you propose we find the illegals then?

should we wait for ppl commiting a crime to commit another one so that we cant kick them out for commiting the first one?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
again... this is how:

Pay $100 per illegal worker reported, with INS doing the legwork.

Fine employers 10,000 per employee for violation.

Work dries up in weeks.  They go home!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
again... this is how:

So prefer private snitches as opposed to letting cops do their jobs?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
again... this is how:

LOL again a misconception...even if we could eliminate all employers they wouldnt all leave... ::)

so youre going to have ppl saying others are illegal even if they may not be just incase to get 100 bucks?

again there are self sustaining communities of illegals in this country who is going to rat on them? another illegal?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
oh i see... have the cops had all that much luck 'doing their job' thus far?

No.  And isn't part of INS' job is to crack down on employers who hire illegals?

yes, I prefer simple paperwork checks by INS agents, heavy fines - as opposed to thousands of legal americans per month having their rights violated.

Or, just wait til your ass is on the curb handcuffed.  You can act like a sheep and say "hey, I'm just doing my patriotic duty!" like a good boy.  Or you can say "I'm an American, I didn't do shit wrong, and if I didn't do anything wrong, this police officer will not waste my time nor limit my freedom in any way."

Dry up the $ and the pricks leave.  Period.  They won't bust employers and they won't punish the drug users - these 2 actions would dry up the white and black market for illegal labor in the USA.