Author Topic: PBW: Kai Greene Signs with Weider - Oscar Ardon Reports (Listen Now)  (Read 51846 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Announcement - Episode #188

Oscar Ardon: Talkin' Kai (Listen Now)

When Kai Greene succesfully defended his Arnold Classic title, he instantly moved to the front of the list of 2010 Olympia contenders.  Regarded as one of the sports most electrifying performers, Kai's personal journey remains one of bodybuilding's most compelling stories. -- Tune in this week as Kai's "guru" Oscar Ardon visits to discuss some of the recent changes in Kai's personal and professional life and his strategy to build a physique worthy of becoming the 13th winner of the Mr. Olympia. -- Plus: More "Breaking News" from around Bodybuilding!  -- Presented by MuscleTech, bodybuilding talk radio airs LIVE on Mondays at 8pm ET.    

Replay Now Available at www.BodybuildingRadio.com
Replays provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
A proud sponsor of the NPC National Championships and the USA Championships

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: PBW Presents: "ON-THE-RECORD with KAI GREENE" (Tonight)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
this has a lot of potential

hopefully he just answers the damn questions

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »
Kai vs Phil is the new Ronnie vs Jay now that Jay is close to retiring.

:D
I

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 02:53:16 PM »
ask him how big his arms and quads are..................... .........

and waist :D

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
Re: PBW Presents: "Oscar Arden on Kai Greene" (Tonight)
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
lol. even know he is now weiders biggest star athlete.......they have some old fat guy on to act as kai's mouthpiece......because as good as everyone knows kai is, they also know how painful and laborious it is to sit through one of his interviews.

no one wants to hear him speak...

io856

Re: PBW: "Oscar Arden on Kai Greene" (Tonight)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:33:06 PM »
is there some sort of sexual innuendo at play here?

"Oscar Arden on Kai Greene" (Tonight)

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 07:35:16 PM »
That was cool interview with Oscar Arden. For a change someone who knows the mental aspect of bodybuilding preparation, Kai's not so secret weapon. I wonder how many pros would've been seeking him to help them out? 8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Kai Green signs exclusive contract with Weider/AMI!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »
Kai Green signs exclusive contract with Weider/AMI

April 26, 2010

FLEXONLINE.COM

Kai Greene's rise to the top of the bodybuilding ranks has been one of the biggest success stories in the history of the sport. This week, Greene added another chapter to that story by signing an exclusive publishing deal with Weider Publications/AMI.

"I'm excited and I feel many steps closer to the goals that I dream about," Greene said. "The first bodybuilding magazine I ever read was Muscle and Fitness, but FLEX wasn't long to follow. To become a Weider athlete and be a part of the Weider organization is like watching a little boy's dream come true."

Greene, who was in and out of foster homes for most of his childhood and teen years, has had to overcome numerous obstacles on his way to becoming a two-time Arnold Classic Champion and one of the most popular athletes in the sport today.

"What Kai Greene has had to overcome in his life on his quest to follow his dreams and become one of the top bodybuilders in the world is simply amazing," FLEX Editor-in-Chief Allan Donnelly said. "His story is truly an inspiration to anyone who has faced adversity in their life. We are extremely happy and proud to be able to call him a member of the Weider/AMI family."

Greene, who turned pro in 2004 by winning the heavyweight and overall titles at the NPC Team Universe, toiled in obscurity during his first two years as a pro. His breakthrough performance came at the 2007 New York Pro, where he wowed the crowd with a groundbreaking posing routine and a physique that had many believing he could have placed higher than his 6th-place finish. One month later he did, by winning the first show of his career at the Colorado Pro.

Since then, Greene has won two Arnold Classic titles and placed fourth in his first and only appearance on the Olympia stage in 2009. Greene claimed his second Arnold Classic win this past March and now enters the 2010 Olympia as one of the unquestioned precontest favorites.

"Myself and my team are very thankful and happy with all of the success we've been able to experience thus far," Greene said. "We're not totally fulfilled yet, though. We still understand we have a lot of work to do and are happy to do that work. I'm thankful for the opportunity to do it in this fashion, as a Weider athlete."

According to Donnelly, Greene's signing is another step in the process of overhauling the Weider athlete roster with an influx of new, younger talent.

"Leading up to this year's Olympia we knew we were going to have to make some tough decisions in order to shift our focus from the past and to the future," Donnelly said. "We feel very positive about the athletes we currently have under contract, and know that they are going to be at the top of their game for years to come. Kai Greene is without a doubt at the forefront of that group, and we are excited to watch what he does next as he enters the prime of his career."

To hear more from Greene, tune in to Pro Bodybuilding Weekly tonight at 8 pm EST/5pm PT!

http://www.flexonline.com/kai_greene...ider/news/1211

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Kai Green signs exclusive contract with Weider/AMI!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »
other headlines...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 07:55:57 PM »
Any Kai news isn't real unless it's reported by moi.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 08:41:50 PM »
The siging bonus was a two year supply of grapefruits I heard.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 09:13:51 PM »

According to Donnelly, Greene's signing is another step in the process of overhauling the Weider athlete roster with an influx of new, younger talent.

"Leading up to this year's Olympia we knew we were going to have to make some tough decisions in order to shift our focus from the past and to the future," Donnelly said. "We feel very positive about the athletes we currently have under contract, and know that they are going to be at the top of their game for years to come. Kai Greene is without a doubt at the forefront of that group, and we are excited to watch what he does next as he enters the prime of his career."

Translation;

Jay Cutler fucked us over and we had no choice but to go with the grapefruit fucker

epic_alien

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 09:16:54 PM »
this is how he treats blechman after all they did for him? the grapefruitfucker wont recover. no olympia for him, ever  thank god.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »
Translation;

Jay Cutler fucked us over and we had no choice but to go with the grapefruit fucker

thats probably correct......

alan donally was on PBW talking bullshit about how kai represents the young future of the sport, and that jay is at the end of his career

and the funny part is .......JAY and KAI ARE ABOUT THE SAME AGE

kai has been competing pretty much as long as jay, he just languished in obscurity longer

its all lies..

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »

alan donally was on PBW talking bullshit about how kai represents the young future of the sport, and that jay is at the end of his career

kai has been competing pretty much as long as jay, he just languished in obscurity longer

its all lies..

That's not true Kai is a massive 2 years younger than Jay.

In an era where the previous Mr.Olympia was 42 when he won his last, those 2 years mean fuck all. Unless you are Flex Magazine.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 09:38:10 PM »
That was cool interview with Oscar Arden. For a change someone who knows the mental aspect of bodybuilding preparation, Kai's not so secret weapon. I wonder how many pros would've been seeking him to help them out? 8)

not many, most grown men dont need a babysitter

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 09:44:36 PM »

its all lies..

False...Kai 33 Jay 37.  Jay has been juiced since 1993 Kai since 2004.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 09:50:16 PM »
False...Kai 33 Jay 37.  Jay has been juiced since 1993 Kai since 2004.

no buddy, kai will be 35 in july.......and jay will be 37 in august

and dont be a fool, and say that kai didnt start juicing in 2004...........you just sound silly

you know the team universe is a "drug free" event in name only

so suddenly, after he got his pro card, thats when he started using ::) ::)
 your smarter then this.....

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 10:00:55 PM »
no buddy, kai will be 35 in july.......and jay will be 37 in august

and dont be a fool, and say that kai didnt start juicing in 2004...........you just sound silly

you know the team universe is a "drug free" event in name only

so suddenly, after he got his pro card, thats when he started using ::) ::)
 your smarter then this.....

Kai was a natural athlete till this time.  Yes, it's true. Just like Ronnie.  This is why they were able to make progress they've made so fast.  Yes, I really believe this.  I've been around bodybuilding a long time and I believe this to be true of Ronnie and Kai for steroids, GH, slin, IGF-1 etc...Don't know about clen, t-3 and stuff like that.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »
I guess if he had been signed by Robert Kennedy then he would be saying "Musclemag is the first magazine I ever read..."

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »
Kai was a natural athlete till this time.  Yes, it's true. Just like Ronnie.  This is why they were able to make progress they've made so fast.  Yes, I really believe this.  I've been around bodybuilding a long time and I believe this to be true of Ronnie and Kai for steroids, GH, slin, IGF-1 etc...Don't know about clen, t-3 and stuff like that.

YOUR JUST WRONG, you letting you adoration for kai, get in the way of your rationality

kai had his sight fixated on being an IFBB pro since he was a teenager, you really think he would have waited until he was 30 to start experimenting with gear, particularly taking into account the people he ran with in those NY bodybuilding circles.

so kai said he didnt start using until he was a pro, you believe him, ::) ::)

we can agree to disagree i suppose, but your beign a naieve fanboy

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 10:52:43 PM »
I wonder how this is going to affect Kai's placings.
Maybe this year he has a very legit chance for the O with this contract.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 02:28:22 AM »
I wonder how this is going to affect Kai's placings.
Maybe this year he has a very legit chance for the O with this contract.
There you go thats why he did it.

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 03:03:11 AM »
I am going to make the first top 3 prediction of the O this year:

1-Kai
2-Jay
3-Phil

However, Kai just need to bring the same package he brought at the Arnold this year, but with extreme dryness.

Jay should be a little behind his best.

Phil has to duplicate his 2010 Arnold Classic showing.

Corvette Lover

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 03:22:44 AM »
Kai- no traps

Jay - don't care to be there

Vic- indifferent