Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63812 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #500 on: May 07, 2010, 03:03:04 PM »
They can drink a big cup of piss for all I care.

PIP Soundness  :(

R

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #501 on: May 07, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
Same can be said about the Easter Bunny, Zeus, and the Great Pumpkin.

The blunder of Linus was to not share with Sally his fun pills.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #502 on: May 07, 2010, 07:06:04 PM »
Here's a question: besides hearing about it from a book, what evidence is there of a heaven and hell? Why is heaven always up and hell like in the middle of the Earth? Has there been any entity that isn't "god", be it a ghost or whatever, that has come to any believer that has verified that either exists? Or do believers just believe what they are told because it's all they know?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #503 on: May 07, 2010, 07:32:23 PM »
My hope is that the entire group of enthusiastic non-believers in this thread somewhere down the road come to understand why they are wrong....cause there's no shame in being wrong.  In a Getbig thread I can offer little more than that....it's completely outta my hands as this forum is no pathway for this kind of guidance.  I had to step away and clear myself of it to realize how far away I had truly gone.....I regret my past decisions, but I'm no longer haunted by them.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #504 on: May 07, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »
My hope is that the entire group of enthusiastic non-believers in this thread somewhere down the road come to understand why they are wrong....cause there's no shame in being wrong.  In a Getbig thread I can offer little more than that....it's completely outta my hands as this forum is no pathway for this kind of guidance.  I had to step away and clear myself of it to realize how far away I had truly gone.....I regret my past decisions, but I'm no longer haunted by them.

care to explain in detail why we are wrong and you are right(without faith & a book you have nothing)
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: May 07, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
  And Christianity does not advocate faith healing to the exclusion of medical care....mainly cults do that.

all religions are cults the only difference is the amount of  real-estate and minds they own...
DAWG

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: May 07, 2010, 08:04:49 PM »
big L dawg, you're exactly right without faith and a book you have nothing. 

Oh yeah, that detailed explanation you requested....it's available in that book.....there a free copies available practically everywhere.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: May 07, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
big L dawg, you're exactly right without faith and a book you have nothing. 

Oh yeah, that detailed explanation you requested....it's available in that book.....there a free copies available practically everywhere.

Yea I'm aware of that...care to explain why it is you dismiss other religions and there text books?
DAWG

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: May 07, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »
big L dawg, despite the fact that those words were yours and not mine I'll play along briefly (as I'm heading to bed).....I've tried a number of beef jerkies and cuts of beef in my time that never hit the spot, but then I found the steak that satiated all my cravings and hungers....I've never wanted for the jerky or other cuts of beef again.  That's the crude one sentence version, but says enough.  If it's a theological and philosophical debate you crave I suggest a philosophical theologian; unfortunately I don't possess that skillset ...funny how the vast of majority believers don't require that though...guess they're puttin something in the communion juice cups, right?  have a good night.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: May 07, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »
big L dawg, despite the fact that those words were yours and not mine I'll play along briefly (as I'm heading to bed).....I've tried a number of beef jerkies and cuts of beef in my time that never hit the spot, but then I found the steak that satiated all my cravings and hungers....I've never wanted for the jerky or other cuts of beef again.  That's the crude one sentence version, but says enough.  If it's a theological and philosophical debate you crave I suggest a philosophical theologian; unfortunately I don't possess that skillset ...funny how the vast of majority believers don't require that though...guess they're puttin something in the communion juice cups, right?  have a good night.

have to admit that was the type of response I was expecting...
DAWG

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #510 on: May 07, 2010, 09:11:56 PM »
Don't know how we can be wrong when there's nothing to prove it. Faith is a trust in something actually being real and having hope that it will bring you joy and happiness. People have faith in spouses and significant others in not cheating on them. Of course we all now know that faith isn't always what makes something true. Once that person cheats, with evidence to prove it, faith is out the door. Unfortunately there is no way to prove that there isn't a god, but the likelyhood is much more of a possibility that there isn't because practically all "miracles" can be explained through scientific method and with man having the ability to do things like replicate life (cloning, IVF) makes the whole story of god being the "only giver of life", less likely. Having been part of a religion that's deeply embedded in my family because we grew up in it, I can say now with certainty that there is no god, and all the good things that are happening in my life are because of me, not because I'm "blessed".

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: May 07, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
Don't know how we can be wrong when there's nothing to prove it. Faith is a trust in something actually being real and having hope that it will bring you joy and happiness. People have faith in spouses and significant others in not cheating on them. Of course we all now know that faith isn't always what makes something true. Once that person cheats, with evidence to prove it, faith is out the door. Unfortunately there is no way to prove that there isn't a god, but the likelyhood is much more of a possibility that there isn't because practically all "miracles" can be explained through scientific method and with man having the ability to do things like replicate life (cloning, IVF) makes the whole story of god being the "only giver of life", less likely. Having been part of a religion that's deeply embedded in my family because we grew up in it, I can say now with certainty that there is no god, and all the good things that are happening in my life are because of me, not because I'm "blessed".

very good post...There god gives them a warm fuzzy feeling inside...The fact that there god is a delusion created in order to make them feel that way in the first place is a mere formality...
DAWG

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #512 on: May 07, 2010, 10:04:24 PM »
very good post...There god gives them a warm fuzzy feeling inside...The fact that there god is a delusion created in order to make them feel that way in the first place is a mere formality...

god is the creator. he created us. we cant create him because we arent the creator. only the creator can create the creation. the creation cant create the creator or the creator would be the creation and the creation would be the creator and if the creator is the creation then who created the creator?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: May 07, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »
stomach hurt so I'm still awake......read the additional posts and understand completely that there's only one thing I can do for you and that's pray.....for what it's worth I will.  These forums are what they are...of the world and not aligned with God.  I should know, I lived and breathed them for awhile, but I'm very glad I left in recent months.  Tonight has reaffirmed that there is no longer a place for me here.  I should never have said or implied that anyone that disbelieved was wrong in anyway....that's like throwing gas on a fire and serves no positive purpose....for that I'm sorry.  I'm human and make mistakes, but I won't make this one again.  Lee Strobel has a good series of books on different facets of Christian faith....maybe they'll help.  A relationship with God is a personal one....I hope y'all find that for yourselves someday soon.....it's like living life with a refocused heart and a new set of eyes.

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #514 on: May 07, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »
pray that they will come to see the majesty of he's kingdom

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: May 08, 2010, 04:32:20 AM »
stomach hurt so I'm still awake......read the additional posts and understand completely that there's only one thing I can do for you and that's pray.....for what it's worth I will.  These forums are what they are...of the world and not aligned with God.  I should know, I lived and breathed them for awhile, but I'm very glad I left in recent months.  Tonight has reaffirmed that there is no longer a place for me here.  I should never have said or implied that anyone that disbelieved was wrong in anyway....that's like throwing gas on a fire and serves no positive purpose....for that I'm sorry.  I'm human and make mistakes, but I won't make this one again.  Lee Strobel has a good series of books on different facets of Christian faith....maybe they'll help.  A relationship with God is a personal one....I hope y'all find that for yourselves someday soon.....it's like living life with a refocused heart and a new set of eyes.

I respect you for this post...There is alot of humility in it and you do a credit to yourself and your beliefs by addressing the issue in the manner you did...There is a christian or two on here that claims moral superiority to non believers yet makes a fool of themselves constantly as every post is filled with negativity and name calling...unlike you they will slam you and talk down to you before they would ever pray for you...Although we don't agree on the subject at hand I have respect for you and wish you the best...
DAWG

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #516 on: May 08, 2010, 04:49:48 AM »
Parker, how do you know that most men of Jesus' time were 5'1"?

And what do you mean Jesus himself couldn't be picked out of a crowd?
Stella, there are skeletons from Jesus's time that have been found, from Jewish burial sites to other sites, the average height of male skeletons from those times is 5'1. And wasn't it said in the bible that Jesus could not be picked out in a crowd, meaning he blended in, not some 5'11 hippie looking white guyvwith blonde hair and blue eyes.

Also, Original Sin came fom God, not Adam and Eve. Sin was created becaus God thought it up. Doesn't God know all, what we are going to do before we do it? This means, that God knew Adam and Eve were going to Sin, before they did it. And then he punished them for doing something he knew that they were going to do.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: May 08, 2010, 07:27:03 AM »
Here's a question: besides hearing about it from a book, what evidence is there of a heaven and hell? Why is heaven always up and hell like in the middle of the Earth? Has there been any entity that isn't "god", be it a ghost or whatever, that has come to any believer that has verified that either exists? Or do believers just believe what they are told because it's all they know?

I don't know what evidence you would accept Oldschool, as even my antennae can be raised from people claiming near death experiences. 

Likewise entities that aren't God coming to any live believer.... the bible talks about angels talking to people...this would indicate they came from somewhere and the indication is heaven.

I'm sure you've also heard stories as we all have about "ghosts" talking to people in our day...although if these incidences truly occurred I don't believe they are ghosts but demons (or possibly holy angels).

I think people often think of heaven as up and hell in the middle of the earth from just assuming that's the way it is ...I don't think scripture states it that way necessarily...there are certain scriptures that indicate hell is "down" but I don't really take that as being "the center of the earth."  Hell is also talked about as being a place of outer darkness and gnashing of teeth so some people think hell is out in space somewhere.
R

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #518 on: May 08, 2010, 07:37:01 AM »
I don't know what evidence you would accept Oldschool, as even my antennae can be raised from people claiming near death experiences. 

Likewise entities that aren't God coming to any live believer.... the bible talks about angels talking to people...this would indicate they came from somewhere and the indication is heaven.

I'm sure you've also heard stories as we all have about "ghosts" talking to people in our day...although if these incidences truly occurred I don't believe they are ghosts but demons (or possibly holy angels).

I think people often think of heaven as up and hell in the middle of the earth from just assuming that's the way it is ...I don't think scripture states it that way necessarily...there are certain scriptures that indicate hell is "down" but I don't really take that as being "the center of the earth."  Hell is also talked about as being a place of outer darkness and gnashing of teeth so some people think hell is out in space somewhere.

Science has already explained near death experiences, I posted it in another thread..they're caused by high levels of carbon dioxide in the bloodstream when you die.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100408-near-death-experiences-blood-carbon-dioxide/

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: May 08, 2010, 07:42:13 AM »
all religions are cults the only difference is the amount of  real-estate and minds they own...

dawg, what is your definition of a cult?

.....I've tried a number of beef jerkies and cuts of beef in my time that never hit the spot, but then I found the steak that satiated all my cravings and hungers....I've never wanted for the jerky or other cuts of beef again.  That's the crude one sentence version, but says enough.

:D  :)

R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: May 08, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »
man having the ability to do things like replicate life (cloning, IVF) makes the whole story of god being the "only giver of life", less likely.

Oldschool, where do you believe life came from originally?

Having been part of a religion that's deeply embedded in my family because we grew up in it,

What religion did you grow up w/?  Sorry if you already told me, I don't remember.

I can say now with certainty that there is no god, and all the good things that are happening in my life are because of me, not because I'm "blessed".

Oldschool, do you also believe that all the bad things that happen in your life are because of you (or some other person)?
R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: May 08, 2010, 07:59:13 AM »
Stella, there are skeletons from Jesus's time that have been found, from Jewish burial sites to other sites, the average height of male skeletons from those times is 5'1. And wasn't it said in the bible that Jesus could not be picked out in a crowd, meaning he blended in, not some 5'11 hippie looking white guyvwith blonde hair and blue eyes.

I'm not sure about what scripture you are talking about regarding Jesus not being able to be picked out of a crowd...other than a time a bunch of guys were wanting to kill Him, but He was able to walk out of there?  Not sure if that's what you meant or not.

And yeah, I really doubt he was a hippie looking white guy lol...  but that reminds me of Penn and Teller "proving" a contradiction that men weren't supposed to have long hair and presenting a painting of "Jesus" w/long hair  ;D    ....not sure when people started painting HIm as a good-looking white guy w/long hair and blue eyes....also the bible does indicate that He wasn't good-looking.

Also, Original Sin came fom God, not Adam and Eve. Sin was created becaus God thought it up. Doesn't God know all, what we are going to do before we do it? This means, that God knew Adam and Eve were going to Sin, before they did it. And then he punished them for doing something he knew that they were going to do.

Are you thinking that when people do wrong they shouldn't be disciplined because God knew they were going to do it?

I don't see that God knowing someone is going to do something is causing it.  I think some people do believe that way though.

Also, Parker, have you thought much about the source where you read about the burial sites finding the 5'1" tall skeletons from Jesus' time and why you accept those claims are true?  I'm not saying they aren't true (I know next to nothing about the Shroud and haven't come to any conclusions on what it is or isn't)...just want to point out that you have faith in your source as we have faith in our source.  
R

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #522 on: May 08, 2010, 08:08:08 AM »
The best evidence for me would be a miracle that absolutely cannot be explained. An amputee having new limbs grow out immediately after praying for them by people would be a great one. 

Today if we hear people saying they "talked" to unseen entities, the first thought is that they are mentally unstable and send them to a shrink.

The fire and brimstone hell that many christians speak of was probably from the experiences of volcanoes. Human xacrifices were also made to "gods" of volcanoes and this ritual could easily make it's way over as a story of fire and the body burning forever in hell. And if you look at alot of christian pictorials of heaven, they usually are of the sky with clouds and sunshine showing through. Apparently jesus always looked up when he spoke with god too.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #523 on: May 08, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »
insects are small they would not take up much room in noah's ark

leave it to marty to put it all in perspective...

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: May 08, 2010, 08:15:26 AM »
Science has already explained near death experiences, I posted it in another thread..they're caused by high levels of carbon dioxide in the bloodstream when you die.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100408-near-death-experiences-blood-carbon-dioxide/

Interesting ... did you read this part?

Still, not all scientists are convinced: "The one difficulty in arguing that CO2 is the cause is that in cardiac arrests, everybody has high CO2 but only 10 percent have NDEs," said neuropsychiatrist Peter Fenwick of the Institute of Psychiatry at Kings College London.

What's more, in heart attack patients, Fenwick said, "there is no coherent cerebral activity which could support consciousness, let alone an experience with the clarity of an NDE."

R