Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63781 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #375 on: May 03, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
lol Panda.... the shroud is said to have covered Jesus entire body.

It's a hoax though.

oh, my mistake i was thinking of the veil of veronica.

either way, is it so hard to believe that a guy lived for 900 years during a time with no polution and foods full of nutrition. that he was warned by aliens that a flood was coming and to build a boat, and to collect as many animals as he could to save them and him  ???

many scientists believe aging is a disease, and also oxygen levels cause aging too.
175lbs by 31st July

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #376 on: May 03, 2010, 10:10:04 AM »
many scientists believe aging is a disease, and also oxygen levels cause aging too.

From what I understand, aging is a crucial part of evolution.. it makes sure that parents/ancestors doesn't stick around and compete with the offspring.
from incomplete data

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2010, 10:12:26 AM »
From what I understand, aging is a crucial part of evolution.. it makes sure that parents/ancestors doesn't stick around and compete with the offspring.

perhaps, but i would think that aging hinders evolution as you get a limited time to make use of the lessons you learn in life.

think of the advances in science if einstein, tesla, etc lived for 900 years  :o

think of bodybuilding today if arthur jones lived for 900 years  :o
175lbs by 31st July

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »
perhaps, but i would think that aging hinders evolution as you get a limited time to make use of the lessons you learn in life.

think of the advances in science if einstein, tesla, etc lived for 900 years  :o

think of bodybuilding today if arthur jones lived for 900 years  :o

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3329065877451441972#

;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: May 03, 2010, 11:21:31 AM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3329065877451441972#

;D

all nonsensical pseudoscience aside - the human organism is not very efficient at delaying aging considering we are made up of simple proteins, minerals, fats et  that are replaced constantly via eating anyway  :-\
175lbs by 31st July

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #380 on: May 03, 2010, 11:36:33 AM »
all nonsensical pseudoscience aside - the human organism is not very efficient at delaying aging considering we are made up of simple proteins, minerals, fats et  that are replaced constantly via eating anyway  :-\

The movie explains the aging process and argues both sides of the anti-aging debate. Basically it boils down to the inability of our bodies to repair itself as we age. Thus far the only thing proven to slow the aging process and extended lifespan is calorie restriction.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: May 03, 2010, 11:38:48 AM »
The movie explains the aging process and argues both sides of the anti-aging debate. Basically it boils down to the inability of our bodies to repair itself as we age. Thus far the only thing proven to slow the aging process and extended lifespan is calorie restriction.

not true: vitamins, healthy fats, and exercise have all been shown to slow the degradation of telomere length.
175lbs by 31st July

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #382 on: May 03, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »
not true: vitamins, healthy fats, and exercise have all been shown to slow the degradation of telomere length.

Yes, you're right.  I should have included that in my post.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: May 03, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
Not sure if that video tells us this, but scientists have been able to manipulate the DNA of single cell organisms to replicate forever - they never die.
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #384 on: May 03, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »
MCWAY you didn't answer the question I had about feeding the animals. You state that at least 16,000 animals were on board the ark. If it takes 1 minute to feed 2 animals, it would take 5.5 days for just ONE feeding. And that's without a break. So not only do you have to feed the animals, but whoever is doing it has to feed themselves and also rest.
Give a reasonable answer to how this was done.

I didn't see your initial question.

I looked for the aforementioned referenced book, Noah’s Ark: A Feasibility Study, which I bought a few years ago, this weekend. The last time someone asked me the very question you just asked, I gave the detailed answer from a particular chapter, covering that issue. Many of my books are still packed away, since I moved (including that one).

When I find my book, I will shoot the particulars to you.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #385 on: May 03, 2010, 12:05:38 PM »
atheists are not allowed to hold office is certain states, the president could never announce his atheism.

Another "Obama is an atheist" routine? Say it ain't so!!! And BTW, why are you apparently advocating lying for political expediency?

There is alot more, like opposing abortion clinics, saying condoms cause aids, faith healing leading to death of innocent people, the direct undermining of education in schools by trying to teach creationism.

The undermining of education doesn't have a darn thing to do with Creationism. It's about lazy parents and culture that mocks the value of education (for kids) and promotes laziness. Throw that in with crooked teachers' unions and left-winged social engineering attempts, and you have a busted educational system.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #386 on: May 03, 2010, 12:10:33 PM »
A political candidate either advocating or admitting atheism/agnosticism is committing political suicide, regardless of said candidate's intellect or qualification. Many people simply would not vote for a candidate who did not share their religious allegiances.

That MAAAAAAY just be due to the lack of atheist candidates who can respect the views of those people, whose votes he wishes to procure, even though he may not agree with them.

But, as is often the case, we have high-profile atheists who belittle people of faith, mock their beliefs and insult their values. Hmmm.....I wonder why nobody wants to vote for them.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: May 03, 2010, 12:16:12 PM »
I think it's time to drop the term "atheism".

The same way we don't have a word for not believing in astrology there shouldn't be a classification/group for people that don't believe in deities. Atheism is not a movement or in any way, shape or form, a religion.

I don't believe in god, but I sure don't feel like an "atheist" and I never really tell that to my friends either.. I just say I don't believe in deities.
from incomplete data

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #388 on: May 03, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »
That MAAAAAAY just be due to the lack of atheist candidates who can respect the views of those people, whose votes he wishes to procure, even though he may not agree with them.

But, as is often the case, we have high-profile atheists who belittle people of faith, mock their beliefs and insult their values. Hmmm.....I wonder why nobody wants to vote for them.

Most people I've seen interviewed on this subject refuse said vote because they don't trust someone who doesn't believe in their god.

Even were that not the case, any person who votes for a political candidate based on likability as opposed to intellect and qualification is doing themselves a disservice by not voting for the most qualified candidate.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #389 on: May 03, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »
I think it's time to drop the term "atheism".

The same way we don't have a word for not believing in astrology there shouldn't be a classification/group for people that don't believe in deities. Atheism is not a movement or in any way, shape or form, a religion.

It depends on who you ask. In fact, Beach Bum and I discussed this a while ago, referring to what I called "un-churches"; that is, humanist centers in places like California, where atheist families attend, as a counter to other Christian families going to church.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:23 PM »
Not sure if that video tells us this, but scientists have been able to manipulate the DNA of single cell organisms to replicate forever - they never die.

They talk about similar concepts with gene therapy done on yeast and worms. They may have commented on this specifically, but I can't recall offhand.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:46 PM »
It depends on who you ask. In fact, Beach Bum and I discussed this a while ago, referring to what I called "un-churches"; that is, humanist centers in places like California, where atheist families attend, as a counter to other Christian families going to church.

And there you have it. How does this make "atheism" in to a movement?
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #392 on: May 03, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »
Most people I've seen interviewed on this subject refuse said vote because they don't trust someone who doesn't believe in their god.

That is true. And, the reason for that distrust stems from the things I mentioned in my previous post. Again, the most high-profile atheists we've seen have this vendetta against Christianity, to eliminate it, not simply to "live and let live", as it were.

Even were that not the case, any person who votes for a political candidate based on likability as opposed to intellect and qualification is doing themselves a disservice by not voting for the most qualified candidate.

Or simply find a comparably qualified fellow, who is a believer....PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

;D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: May 03, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »
Again, the most high-profile atheists we've seen have this vendetta against Christianity,

Who exactly are you referring to here? Some american politicians or people like Stalin(which would be a bit misdirected)?
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #394 on: May 03, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »
And there you have it. How does this make "atheism" in to a movement?

Per the American Atheists, Your petitioners are Atheists, and they define their lifestyle as follows. An Atheist loves himself and his fellow man instead of a god. An Atheist accepts that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth – for all men together to enjoy. An Atheist accepts that he can get no help through prayer, but that he must find in himself the inner conviction and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and to enjoy it. An Atheist accepts that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help lead to a life of fulfillment.

Sounds like a movement to me!!! You may feel differently.

As for the aformentioned humanist centers,

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1686828,00.html

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: May 03, 2010, 12:39:52 PM »

hella cells are found in cancer - they can replicate forever in virtually any environment - even the vacum of space   :o
175lbs by 31st July

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: May 03, 2010, 12:43:59 PM »
Per the American Atheists, Your petitioners are Atheists, and they define their lifestyle as follows. An Atheist loves himself and his fellow man instead of a god. An Atheist accepts that heaven is something for which we should work now – here on earth – for all men together to enjoy. An Atheist accepts that he can get no help through prayer, but that he must find in himself the inner conviction and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and to enjoy it. An Atheist accepts that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help lead to a life of fulfillment.

Sounds like a movement to me!!! You may feel differently.

As for the aformentioned humanist centers,

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1686828,00.html

They can drink a big cup of piss for all I care.

This demonstrates perfectly why I think the term atheism should be abolished. You just now in a indirect way lumped me together with those people even though I have nothing in common with them or don't even know them. Those people obviously has an agenda of some sort.

"An Atheist accepts that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help lead to a life of fulfillment."

Where do they get this shit? An IQ 20 buffoon could potentially not believe in a deity but it doesn't have to make him/her an intellectual or compassionate. You're not required to do or believe anything just because you have a disbelief in deities.

Drop "atheism".
from incomplete data

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #397 on: May 03, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »
So basically a church for non-believers. Awww, people just wanna belong. Human beings are so pathetic. And what happens 50-100 yrs from now? Said Atheists then have a book that details the tenants of non-believing, and if you don't follow these state tenants, you are not a non believer and then must be ostracized? Sounds like a religion to me.
I firmly believe Humans have a "worship" complex. We worships Gods, cars, people, currency, bricks, houses, trees, frogs, birds, mountains, volcanoes, bodies of water, etc. If you think about it, it's quite stupid actually.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #398 on: May 03, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
16 pages, now!? Let me guess. MCWAY is still counter-punching with sidesteps and sophistry, mixed with a soupcon of anecdote. Oh brother.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #399 on: May 03, 2010, 01:44:54 PM »
16 pages, now!? Let me guess. MCWAY is still counter-punching with sidesteps and sophistry, mixed with a soupcon of anecdote. Oh brother.  

It is Gods Will.