Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63678 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #625 on: May 12, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »
WOW! I did not know this till just today.

Did they ever find the guy who losted it?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #626 on: May 12, 2010, 06:23:06 PM »
AHAAAAHAH!!!  Spin it however ya wanna....you have sex before marriage it's sin....done and done.   People don't like being told what's right and wrong...they wanna live according to their own rules...their own standards.   God gave you the choice to do what you want....you get to reap whatever you sow.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #627 on: May 12, 2010, 06:26:33 PM »
God gave you the choice to do what you want.

Prove it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: May 12, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »
Read Genesis....it's where choice began....or don't.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #629 on: May 12, 2010, 06:32:40 PM »
Read Genesis....it's where choice began....or don't.

Proves nothing.

Prove god exists or that statement is meaningless.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: May 12, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »
He lived on earth as a man for over 30 years, was murdered, rose from the dead after three days and visited with his followers.  There was a book written by many eye witnesses that details his life and works.....good read.  Or you can talk to the millions of his followers whose lives have been changed because of their personal relationships with him. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #631 on: May 12, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Horus had the same thing happen to him.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: May 12, 2010, 06:47:41 PM »
No one ever met, lived with or worked with with Horus.  Don't ask me to debate about Horus...I don't know any detail about this god of egypt.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #633 on: May 12, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »
He lived on earth as a man for over 30 years, was murdered, rose from the dead after three days and visited with his followers.  There was a book written by many eye witnesses that details his life and works.....good read.  Or you can talk to the millions of his followers whose lives have been changed because of their personal relationships with him.  

Ok, so no proof. Gotcha.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #634 on: May 12, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »
I just think it's interesting how it's all been done before, but this time, it's true... No more, no less.

Also, you can't find one document that actually talks about the birth of Jesus Christ... You can find documents about Mary and Joseph, but nothing about anyone named Jesus.

All you have is 2nd hand testimony by people who claim to have papers by people who claim to be his disciples. All highly suspect.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: May 12, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
review the term "eye witnesses".   YngiweRhoads, I've known harsher nonbelievers than you that changed their tune....I'll pray you find the same.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: May 12, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »
Read "Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel....has many other good reads as well.  It's headier stuff, but interesting.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #637 on: May 12, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »
Read "Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel....has many other good reads as well.  It's headier stuff, but interesting.

There is no evidence for any supernatural entities to currently exist or to have ever existed. Whether or not a person named Jesus did, or did not exist, doesn't matter in the least in that regard.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #638 on: May 12, 2010, 07:03:05 PM »
religion requires faith.  That is because it cannot be proven.  From Wikipedia : Faith is the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, concept or thing.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: May 12, 2010, 07:04:16 PM »
Ok, ok....I can't help you......hopefully you'll find the one that can.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #640 on: May 12, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »
Some diseases are the direct result of bad behavior and/or poor habits. Except for MS, all of those aforementioned diseases can be caused by people's behaviors.

And, at the end of the day, disease is all too much a result of living on a sinful planet.

Of course, in your haste to jump in and run off at the mouth, you (yet again) missed the point. Oldschool claimed that children with disease should be described as having "god given torture". That's a huge stretch, especially given an example of such disease that children get, as a DIRECT RESULT of their parents' misgivings.

Kids can get AIDS, because of their parents' screwing around or shooting up dope. They can become retarded if Mom smokes crack or drinks while pregnant. Cancer? People get cancer, because of smoking and other bad habits.

That was the gist of my statement, earlier. And, as usual, it zipped right over your skull.

This whole statement is stupid.  This shows the type of mindset you have.  So a kid that has brain cancer who is 5 years old is due to his or his parents  "bad habits" lol  cmon now.   You are not even thinking straight now.
Wait for it....

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #641 on: May 12, 2010, 07:59:50 PM »
Some diseases are the direct result of bad behavior and/or poor habits. Except for MS, all of those aforementioned diseases can be caused by people's behaviors.
While some diseases are acquired (lung cancer from smoking, or melanoma from sun exposure for example) the majority of risk factors for diseases at birth are based on heredity. Insurance companies, doctors, AMA, CDC are all agree on this.

And, at the end of the day, disease is all too much a result of living on a sinful planet.
That is opinion not fact.

Oldschool claimed that children with disease should be described as having "god given torture". That's a huge stretch, especially given an example of such disease that children get, as a DIRECT RESULT of their parents' misgivings.
On a genetic level, many diseases have been carried down from generation to generation. This is factual.

Kids can get AIDS, because of their parents' screwing around or shooting up dope. They can become retarded if Mom smokes crack or drinks while pregnant. Cancer? People get cancer, because of smoking and other bad habits.
Again that's acquired. For instance, if a female died of lung cancer from smoking, but before dying donated eggs to a bank, the chances of a child reared from that egg being born with lung cancer is low.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #642 on: May 12, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
If the male had sex with another female, he's committing adultery, which subject him and the woman to the death penalty. The one case I recall where an adulterer and adulteress were spared such involves David and Bathsheba. However, they certain did not go unpunished for their trangressions, especially David.
If the definition of adultery is to lay with another while being married, then it only applied to women. Men had many wives at that time and even concubines. So no they weren't put to death according to Jewish law.

When you examine laws pertaining to sexual relationships, you have to examine them under Biblical law, and then under Rabbinic law, as the two are not the same. You will discover the inherent inequity in the laws, as things which hold for men do not hold for women. For example, according to biblical law, a man was permitted many wives, and also concubines (which one could equate with either mistresses or concubines). The only way a man could be an adulterer, under biblical law, was if he had relationships with a MARRIED women (i.e. another man's property). Relations with any unmarried women did not constitute adultery for a man. On the other hand, a married women was an adulteress if she had relations with any man not her husband. However, it seems that an adulterous woman was punished, and her husband was then forced to divorce her. An adulterous man, however, could remain married to his wife with impunity.

Anne Neiwirth on the Prodigy God of the Book Board Topic: Judaism, Subject Adultery?

The Levitical laws are just that. And they are based on the Ten Commandments.
Rape was still rampant during the time. Usually the penalty was to marry the virgin girl that was raped. She had no say. Sad.

That's not how Hebrew marriages worked. The betrothment was the contract and had the legal and binding effect of the marriage.
After researching it more, I have to agree.

The passage is Exodus 21:20. The Hebrew word that translates into "punished" is naqam, which translates "to suffer vengeance" or "vengeance be taken (for blood)". Therefore, if the master kills his servant, that master must have vengeance taken upon him (i.e. HE DIES!!!).
venge·ance
   /ˈvɛndʒəns/ Show Spelled[ven-juhns] Show IPA
–noun
infliction of injury, harm, humiliation, or the like, on a person by another who has been harmed by that person; violent revenge: But have you the right to vengeance?
an act or opportunity of inflicting such trouble: to take one's vengeance.
the desire for revenge: a man full of vengeance.
Obsolete. hurt; injury.
Obsolete. curse; imprecation.
—Idiom
with a vengeance,
a.
with force or violence.
b.
greatly; extremely.
c.
to an unreasonable, excessive, or surprising degree: He attacked the job with a vengeance.

Don't see kill here.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #643 on: May 12, 2010, 08:50:22 PM »
AHAAAAHAH!!!  Spin it however ya wanna....you have sex before marriage it's sin....done and done.   People don't like being told what's right and wrong...they wanna live according to their own rules...their own standards.   God gave you the choice to do what you want....you get to reap whatever you sow.
Not according to the ot. Having sex usually meant marrying the female or paying for her.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #644 on: May 12, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
No eyewitnesses wrote the details. The details were handed down by word or mouth then written much later. ::)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #645 on: May 12, 2010, 09:33:55 PM »

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: May 12, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »
Answer me this religious folk. I have a particular set of neurons and neural pathways in my brain. They fire and change according to the input they receive (my experiences). I can't in no way prevent this from happening, or affect this in any way can I? So how do I have a free will?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: May 12, 2010, 11:13:36 PM »
Michio explains this around 58 min into the video. Awesome video btw.  ;D

Hell future will be boring. Computer this, techonology that. Human contact, good bye.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #648 on: May 13, 2010, 06:25:05 AM »
Prove it.

+1

That was not God.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #649 on: May 13, 2010, 06:26:44 AM »
This whole statement is stupid.  This shows the type of mindset you have.  So a kid that has brain cancer who is 5 years old is due to his or his parents  "bad habits" lol  cmon now.   You are not even thinking straight now.

You have just encountered the typical McWishful's line of thinking.  Please suspend logic and disconnect from reality to understand it.