Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63773 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #650 on: May 13, 2010, 06:29:24 AM »
If you're going to debate it, then debate the question I asked.

SHE CAN'T!

Because she lacks the brain cells to provide the logic and basic common sense in order to do so.  So instead of answering a question head on, she dances around it with bullshit non answers and deflection. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #651 on: May 13, 2010, 07:58:14 AM »
Pick up Lee Strobel's "Case For Christ"....it outlines the validity of the scripture, their authors, the gap in time from actual events to written word, the validity of eye witness testimony, etc....I've heard of others books over time, but I haven't read them.  Volumes upon volumes have been written about Christ, endless debates have occurred; although, the proof everyone seeks is truly found in a relationship with him - that's the crux of situation that nonbelievers struggle with or dismiss altogether.  Open your hearts, read the New Testament, visit a local churh(es), perhaps you could seek guidance from the leadership there but most important would be to seek out counsel from the source himself.....that's the power of prayer. 

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #652 on: May 13, 2010, 08:17:03 AM »
Pick up Lee Strobel's "Case For Christ"....it outlines the validity of the scripture, their authors, the gap in time from actual events to written word, the validity of eye witness testimony, etc....I've heard of others books over time, but I haven't read them.  Volumes upon volumes have been written about Christ, endless debates have occurred; although, the proof everyone seeks is truly found in a relationship with him - that's the crux of situation that nonbelievers struggle with or dismiss altogether.  Open your hearts, read the New Testament, visit a local churh(es), perhaps you could seek guidance from the leadership there but most important would be to seek out counsel from the source himself.....that's the power of prayer. 
Relationships with christ are strong with people who have no control over their lives. Whenever hope from an event, incident, tragedy or death is presented the hopeful latch on. Especially when then they feel they have used up all their resources to solve it. Most people that feel they have relationships with christ don't even follow any of the teachings. They just accept him as "savior" and pretend to lead a good life.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #653 on: May 13, 2010, 08:54:28 AM »
AIDS is "acquired immune dificiency syndrome". Key word is "acquired". Cancer, gene defects etc. aren't acquired. If you're going to debate it, then debate the question I asked.

You claimed that people should say that children born with disease should refer to such as "god given torture", since they refer to people with certain abilities (singing, athleticism, etc) as "god-given abilities".

The key word is indeed, "acquired", when it comes to AIDS. That was the point. Kids with AIDS acquired such from their parents. And how do they end up getting it? Either IV drug use or illicit sexual behavior.

There are plenty of other disease that kids get which are, unfortunately, the result of their parents' bad behavior: Fetal Alcohol syndrome, crack babies born blind, respiratory problems, syphillis-related ailments, etc.

No one would say that such is "god-given torture". Such is the direct cause of parental misgivings. It's awfully hard to have a crack baby if you don't smoke crack. The odds of a mom giving her child Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, when she doesn't drink, are quite slim, too.

Therefore, your blanket statement about kids with diseases, having "god given torture", is off the mark.

SHE CAN'T!

Because she lacks the brain cells to provide the logic and basic common sense in order to do so.  So instead of answering a question head on, she dances around it with bullshit non answers and deflection.  

As much as the poster boy of buffoonery would love to project his shortcomings onto me, I'm afraid he'll have to shoulder those burdens alone.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #654 on: May 13, 2010, 09:00:12 AM »
Hell future will be boring. Computer this, techonology that. Human contact, good bye.

No more visits to the doctor, our toilets will evaluate our health via our waste.  ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #655 on: May 13, 2010, 09:24:55 AM »
Oldschool Flip, my life isn't perfect but right now I'd consider myself in a pretty good place.....healthy marriage, just became a Dad, good job, strong family ties and relationships, healthy friendships, health is good (could be better of course), good financial position, roof over my head, cars in the driveway and food on the table each day.  Yes, I have stress, yes I have bad days, yes I get down, I was recently sick for a month.  I'm thankful each day for what God has provided and continues to provide, but sometimes he strips things away and times aren't so great....regardless I return to him...good or bad.  I still sin, but I ask for forgiveness and strive to turn from that sin.  Last year, my sister lead her fiance to Christ and two months later he passed away....it was devastating.  She had faith before his passing, faith during and faith now.  For some, yes, God is a crutch during tough times only...unfortunately many Catholics visit church once a year and then flock in mass to pray when a crisis occurs...that's not what I'm referrring to.  Again, a relationship with God is a personal one so do what you know is correct according to his word and what he places on your heart.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
If the definition of adultery is to lay with another while being married, then it only applied to women. Men had many wives at that time and even concubines. So no they weren't put to death according to Jewish law.

That definition didn't just apply to women, as the example of King David shows.

Rape was still rampant during the time. Usually the penalty was to marry the virgin girl that was raped. She had no say. Sad.

Rampant is a strecth. The penalty for rapists, involving non-betrothed girls, involved the paying of a dowry and providing for her material care. However, the marriage was not required (per Ex. 21). And, if such did occur, it does not even require their living together. (Ex. 22).

Even today, married couples who split up get separated and live in different houses for years, before the divorce is finalized. They don't share the same roof, often start splitting their finances, and have likely LONG CEASED having sex with each other. Yet, they're still legally married.

As shown with the betrothment period, you can be effectively married and not be allowed to have sex with your wife (yet still have to provide for her food, clothing, and shelter).

venge·ance
   /ˈvɛndʒəns/ Show Spelled[ven-juhns] Show IPA
–noun
infliction of injury, harm, humiliation, or the like, on a person by another who has been harmed by that person; violent revenge: But have you the right to vengeance?
an act or opportunity of inflicting such trouble: to take one's vengeance.
the desire for revenge: a man full of vengeance.
Obsolete. hurt; injury.
Obsolete. curse; imprecation.
—Idiom
with a vengeance,
a.
with force or violence.
b.
greatly; extremely.
c.
to an unreasonable, excessive, or surprising degree: He attacked the job with a vengeance.

Don't see kill here.

Again, see the definition from the Hebrew, naqam, "vengeance to be taken (for blood)". In the case of a master, killing his servant, that vengeance is the master being put to death.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #657 on: May 13, 2010, 09:29:08 AM »
As much as the poster boy of buffoonery would love to project his shortcomings onto me, I'm afraid he'll have to shoulder those burdens alone.

Unfortunately like the idiot you are, you still can't answer basic questions and get owned left and right by facts and logic.  Dance little girl.... DANCE.  Don't worry about those bad old questions, just spin and flail around and around with no substance nor answers in your posts.

Why doesn't your "God" make you a bit smarter if he is so great?  Or was this something you acquired from your parents?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #658 on: May 13, 2010, 11:14:50 AM »
This .gif is exactly what happened to MCWACKY on this thread here.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #659 on: May 13, 2010, 11:20:37 AM »
Unfortunately like the idiot you are, you still can't answer basic questions and get owned left and right by facts and logic.  Dance little girl.... DANCE.  Don't worry about those bad old questions, just spin and flail around and around with no substance nor answers in your posts.

I never worry about "bad old questions" least of all from you, El Clucky!!

The fact that your comprehension is on the fritz ain't my fault. Continue to polish up your MVP award.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #660 on: May 13, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
i have good news for all of you atheists in this thread who are so afraid of God because you fear judgement...

God loves you, even if you are evil. even if your a sinner. even if you dont love him or even believe in him. even if you speak out against him, God loves you.

The key to heaven is within your heart...     ever hear "its the thought that counts" ??   nothing could ring more true.. what matters is what is in your heart... are you a good person?? that is what matters..

in one of jesus parables he says "those who are last will be first, those who are first will be last, for many have been called but few chosen."

think about that.. i wont gvie you any more help on what it means besides what i wrote above.. and this : salvation is never too late  :)

anyways.. time to go smoke some weed and workout my legs...  ;) peace out my fellow humans

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #661 on: May 13, 2010, 12:06:40 PM »
I never worry about "bad old questions" least of all from you, El Clucky!!

The fact that your comprehension is on the fritz ain't my fault. Continue to polish up your MVP award.

Still no answer huh?  Not surprising.  Since you haven't had an answer for anything on the last 27 or so pages of this thread.  Again, is this stupidity something God gifted to you or was it acquired while in the womb? 

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #662 on: May 13, 2010, 12:16:18 PM »
i have good news for all of you atheists in this thread who are so afraid of God because you fear judgement...

God loves you, even if you are evil. even if your a sinner. even if you dont love him or even believe in him. even if you speak out against him, God loves you.

The key to heaven is within your heart...     ever hear "its the thought that counts" ??   nothing could ring more true.. what matters is what is in your heart... are you a good person?? that is what matters..

in one of jesus parables he says "those who are last will be first, those who are first will be last, for many have been called but few chosen."

think about that.. i wont gvie you any more help on what it means besides what i wrote above.. and this : salvation is never too late  :)

anyways.. time to go smoke some weed and workout my legs...  ;) peace out my fellow humans

Debating the possibility of first cause is one thing, but advocating religion?  C'mon man, you're more intelligent than that. >:(

Aside from that. Weed and squats? Interesting combo.  :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #663 on: May 13, 2010, 01:04:09 PM »
Still no answer huh?  Not surprising.  Since you haven't had an answer for anything on the last 27 or so pages of this thread.  Again, is this stupidity something God gifted to you or was it acquired while in the womb? 

Dead wrong and painfully silly as usual, MVP!!

Your claim about my not answering your Flood question (or providing the link to such) is false. Recap:

Many scholars testify to the fact that accounts of a deluge are essentially coexistent with nearly all of the human family. What is more significant is their unusual abundance. Even those who do not believe in a worldwide deluge acknowledge this.... One could hardly expect that accounts of major catastrophes from all over the world would be so selective of one theme of catastrophe if it had not been based on an actual worldwide event. This dominance strains the proposal that these accounts arose locally.

Whether one is a flood geologist, a no-flood geologist, or otherwise, the flood cannot be readily discarded as an incidental historical event. Furthermore, questions concerning this event are the bases of much of the controversy between creation and evolution. Creationists use this event to explain much of the data for which mainstream geologists propose geologic time and evolutionary trends in fossils. It turns out that this event has rather impressive non-biblical authentication. Any system of explanation for origins can ill afford to deny the deluge.

http://www.grisda.org/origins/17051.htm

And that’s just a snippet from one of the links I provided. Two other links were posted on page 14.

All of which shows that the Flood was no mere natural disaster or local occurrence. It was on a global scale, which points squarely to one supernatural cause.

Or as also cited earlier,

"There are many descriptions of the remarkable event [the Genesis Flood]. Some of these have come from Greek historians, some from the Babylonian records; others from the cuneiform tablets, and still others from the mythology and traditions of different nations, so that we may say that no event has occurred either in ancient or modern times about which there is better evidence or more numerous records, than this very one which is so beautifully but briefly described in the sacred Scriptures. It is one of the events which seems to be familiar to the most distant nations—in Australia, in India, in China, in Scandinavia, and in the various parts of America. It is true that many look upon the story as it is repeated in these distant regions, as either referring to local floods, or as the result of contact with civilized people, who have brought it from historic countries, and yet the similarity of the story is such as to make even this explanation unsatisfactory."—Stephen D. Peet, "Story of the Deluge," American Antiquarian, Vol. 27, No. 4, July-August 1905, p. 203.

Again, I made no reference to any historical event.  You try to twist and spin the statement to something you want it to be in order to try to deflect the nature of the discussion elsewhere.  Won't work.  I never said anything about events or things linked to the parting of the sea.  I plainly stating parting a sea - any sea for any event - is impossible and has never and will never happen.  Now continue with your whinefest and irrelevant topics.

Once again, you've clearly displayed why that MVP award for playing dumb sits firmly on your mantle. There is but one historical event, well-documented associated with the parting of the sea. That is, of course, the Exodus. Add to that modern scientists (some of whom were once skeptics) now airing specials to explain how such a parting of the sea occured, and your little quip basically holds no water.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #664 on: May 13, 2010, 01:21:37 PM »
Dead wrong and painfully silly as usual, MVP!!

Your claim about my not answering your Flood question (or providing the link to such) is false. Recap:

Many scholars testify to the fact that accounts of a deluge are essentially coexistent with nearly all of the human family. What is more significant is their unusual abundance. Even those who do not believe in a worldwide deluge acknowledge this.... One could hardly expect that accounts of major catastrophes from all over the world would be so selective of one theme of catastrophe if it had not been based on an actual worldwide event. This dominance strains the proposal that these accounts arose locally.

Whether one is a flood geologist, a no-flood geologist, or otherwise, the flood cannot be readily discarded as an incidental historical event. Furthermore, questions concerning this event are the bases of much of the controversy between creation and evolution. Creationists use this event to explain much of the data for which mainstream geologists propose geologic time and evolutionary trends in fossils. It turns out that this event has rather impressive non-biblical authentication. Any system of explanation for origins can ill afford to deny the deluge.

http://www.grisda.org/origins/17051.htm

And that’s just a snippet from one of the links I provided. Two other links were posted on page 14.

All of which shows that the Flood was no mere natural disaster or local occurrence. It was on a global scale, which points squarely to one supernatural cause.

Or as also cited earlier,

"There are many descriptions of the remarkable event [the Genesis Flood]. Some of these have come from Greek historians, some from the Babylonian records; others from the cuneiform tablets, and still others from the mythology and traditions of different nations, so that we may say that no event has occurred either in ancient or modern times about which there is better evidence or more numerous records, than this very one which is so beautifully but briefly described in the sacred Scriptures. It is one of the events which seems to be familiar to the most distant nations—in Australia, in India, in China, in Scandinavia, and in the various parts of America. It is true that many look upon the story as it is repeated in these distant regions, as either referring to local floods, or as the result of contact with civilized people, who have brought it from historic countries, and yet the similarity of the story is such as to make even this explanation unsatisfactory."—Stephen D. Peet, "Story of the Deluge," American Antiquarian, Vol. 27, No. 4, July-August 1905, p. 203.

Once again, you've clearly displayed why that MVP award for playing dumb sits firmly on your mantle. There is but one historical event, well-documented associated with the parting of the sea. That is, of course, the Exodus. Add to that modern scientists (some of whom were once skeptics) now airing specials to explain how such a parting of the sea occured, and your little quip basically holds no water.

Once again... more bullshit.

I clearly stated that my question was NOT in reference to a flood.  Something you apparently can't grasp, even when it is spelled out for you.

Nor was it about Moses or his little ark that you bleated on and on about when asked yet AGAIN in prior pages.

What was my question about?  Want to try it again?  Here is goes..... 

WHERE IS PROOF THAT THE FLOOD WAS CAUSED BY GOD?

Simple question.  Yet one you have floundered and dance around with non-answers.

Which brings us to another question that the answer might explain why.   Does this stupidity come from God's gift to you or from your parents bad habits that you 'acquired' while in the womb?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #665 on: May 13, 2010, 01:22:27 PM »
This .gif is exactly what happened to MCWACKY on this thread here.

McWistful being battered senseless by logic, facts and common sense.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #666 on: May 13, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »
You claimed that people should say that children born with disease should refer to such as "god given torture", since they refer to people with certain abilities (singing, athleticism, etc) as "god-given abilities".

The key word is indeed, "acquired", when it comes to AIDS. That was the point. Kids with AIDS acquired such from their parents. And how do they end up getting it? Either IV drug use or illicit sexual behavior.

There are plenty of other disease that kids get which are, unfortunately, the result of their parents' bad behavior: Fetal Alcohol syndrome, crack babies born blind, respiratory problems, syphillis-related ailments, etc.

No one would say that such is "god-given torture". Such is the direct cause of parental misgivings. It's awfully hard to have a crack baby if you don't smoke crack. The odds of a mom giving her child Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, when she doesn't drink, are quite slim, too.
Therefore, your blanket statement about kids with diseases, having "god given torture", is off the mark.
I think you're missing the point McWay. Apparently christian thinking is that god is responsible for the "miracle" of life. If this is the case, which I'm sure you won't deny since god is whom you worship, then god has the responsibility to give each child a fair starting point in their life. It's not the child's fault that the parents who lived "sinfully", should have to suffer when they had no hand in their decision making. What kind of god is that cruel to those he expects to worship him? Your god, being omnipotent and all, HAS the power to not let this happen, but does because of what.........the parents being bums? Is he trying to punish the parents? If so why use the child as a pawn and the child having NO CHOICE in the matter? At that point, FREE WILL is taken away from this child because the decision will have already been imposed.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #667 on: May 13, 2010, 01:57:18 PM »
Oldschool Flip, my life isn't perfect but right now I'd consider myself in a pretty good place.....healthy marriage, just became a Dad, good job, strong family ties and relationships, healthy friendships, health is good (could be better of course), good financial position, roof over my head, cars in the driveway and food on the table each day.  Yes, I have stress, yes I have bad days, yes I get down, I was recently sick for a month.  I'm thankful each day for what God has provided and continues to provide, but sometimes he strips things away and times aren't so great....regardless I return to him...good or bad.  I still sin, but I ask for forgiveness and strive to turn from that sin.  Last year, my sister lead her fiance to Christ and two months later he passed away....it was devastating.  She had faith before his passing, faith during and faith now.  For some, yes, God is a crutch during tough times only...unfortunately many Catholics visit church once a year and then flock in mass to pray when a crisis occurs...that's not what I'm referrring to.  Again, a relationship with God is a personal one so do what you know is correct according to his word and what he places on your heart.
Again this is because "hope" is always there. With an unseen being, who many believe is loving even with all the faults and sins, being the "relationship" it's pretty easy. If that relationship was one where you were put down, ridiculed, etc. and heard it everyday, I seriously doubt the relationship would last long, or if the person stayed with it, would make the person weak.
It's easy to have a great relationship when the "thought" of always being loved no matter exists, even though the other end of that relationship doesn't communicate with you. And by communicate, I mean not in your head voice, I mean by talking (verbally to you), texting, writing you a letter, etc.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #668 on: May 13, 2010, 02:15:45 PM »
That definition didn't just apply to women, as the example of King David shows.
So the passage I posted is wrong?

Rampant is a strecth. The penalty for rapists, involving non-betrothed girls, involved the paying of a dowry and providing for her material care. However, the marriage was not required (per Ex. 21). And, if such did occur, it does not even require their living together. (Ex. 22).
McWay the definition of rape is as follows:
rape
1   /reɪp/ Show Spelled [reyp] Show IPA noun, verb,raped, rap·ing.
–noun
the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
statutory rape.
an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.
–verb (used with object)
to force to have sexual intercourse.
to plunder (a place); despoil.
to seize, take, or carry off by force.

Now whether or not dowry was paid, the girl married the raper, etc. THE GIRL WAS FORCEFULLY MADE TO HAVE SEX. You may cookie cut it and justify it, but the fact remains that the girl was forced. Adultery usually isn't a physically forced issue. Now tell me again that rape is the same as adultery and tell that to any girl who has been raped.

Again, see the definition from the Hebrew, naqam, "vengeance to be taken (for blood)". In the case of a master, killing his servant, that vengeance is the master being put to death.
Each definition I found never mentioned "for blood". Vengeance, revenge, avenged, and quarrel were all there though.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #669 on: May 13, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »
Debating the possibility of first cause is one thing, but advocating religion?  C'mon man, you're more intelligent than that. >:(

Aside from that. Weed and squats? Interesting combo.  :)

what is religion to you?  is the catholic church, radical muslims, racist jews, the hypocrits and the pedophiles the only people that you can equate with religion???

what is advocate?? did i encourage something? or did i pronounce something?

did about 15 sets of squats ...  :P

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #670 on: May 13, 2010, 04:19:02 PM »
All water and animals

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #671 on: May 13, 2010, 05:07:52 PM »
I am always shocked at how blindly people will argue about different events in the Bible as if it pertains to this day and age.  I grew up in a Baptist house and was in church for over 2 decades before i just dismissed it all and decided just to live a good life and see how it all turns out.

TO BLINDLY ...yes blindly...follow and even argue for events in the bible like The Flood, parting of the red sea, jesus walking on water, people living for hundreds of years, etc on and on, clearly shows the lack of intelligence still present in a lot of our culture.

If your friend came up to you and said...HEY BUDDY, i just made my pool completely part in the middle and walked through it, you would laugh at him and say he is crazy.  Even if your buddy said HEY god made it happened, you would still laugh at him.

So why in the world would you believe so blindly in a book that was written 2000+ years ago and 100% believe, with out a shadow of doubt that those events happened?
Wait for it....

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #672 on: May 13, 2010, 05:27:58 PM »
All water and animals

;D

All Noah's genetics.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: May 13, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
It's ok Oldschoolflip, regardless of how my words or another believer's words are interpreted/justified through a nonbeliever's perspective all I hope is that you come to find your own relationship with Christ.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #674 on: May 13, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »
I am always shocked at how blindly people will argue about different events in the Bible as if it pertains to this day and age.  I grew up in a Baptist house and was in church for over 2 decades before i just dismissed it all and decided just to live a good life and see how it all turns out.

TO BLINDLY ...yes blindly...follow and even argue for events in the bible like The Flood, parting of the red sea, jesus walking on water, people living for hundreds of years, etc on and on, clearly shows the lack of intelligence still present in a lot of our culture.

If your friend came up to you and said...HEY BUDDY, i just made my pool completely part in the middle and walked through it, you would laugh at him and say he is crazy.  Even if your buddy said HEY god made it happened, you would still laugh at him.

So why in the world would you believe so blindly in a book that was written 2000+ years ago and 100% believe, with out a shadow of doubt that those events happened?
I believe followers believed it happened because they don't want to accept death as the be all that ends all. That there has to be more to it than just surviving a life on planet Earth. Man are a lot of them going to be sorely disappointed.