Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63701 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #575 on: May 11, 2010, 03:14:05 PM »
NarcissisticDeity, that's exactly how the story goes yes.

Klaus, what doesn't make sense to you?  If I can't fully help I'm sure there's another that can.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #576 on: May 11, 2010, 03:15:19 PM »

Klaus, what doesn't make sense to you?  If I can't fully help I'm sure there's another that can.

story being the operative word

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: May 11, 2010, 03:17:29 PM »

Just the part about accountability of our actions and we getting pardoned is contradictory on so many levels.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #578 on: May 11, 2010, 03:18:17 PM »
Noah knew Ronnie was better than Dorian

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #579 on: May 11, 2010, 03:19:03 PM »
Again, yes it is a story.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: May 11, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
Klaus, you'd have to help me understand what you mean.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #581 on: May 11, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »

Haha!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: May 11, 2010, 03:32:23 PM »
Just the part about accountability of our actions and we getting pardoned is contradictory on so many levels.

As is ' creating ' us with flaws and then punishing us for them  ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #583 on: May 11, 2010, 03:33:59 PM »

lmao

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: May 11, 2010, 03:35:26 PM »
We have the choice to sin or not.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: May 11, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »
We have the choice to sin or not.

So the story goes

God created imperfect creatures and then punishes them for being imperfect , speaks volumes of his creative abilities

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #586 on: May 11, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »
LOL!!!!

"Everybody wanna be down with God, but ain't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass tablets"

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #587 on: May 11, 2010, 03:48:29 PM »
LOL!!!!

"Everybody wanna be down with God, but ain't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass tablets"

Hahahahahaha  ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #588 on: May 11, 2010, 03:52:04 PM »
:)

--------------

Question for the unbelievers debating here..... do you think about the information MCWAY (or any believer) posts in answer to your inquiries for any length of time or just dismiss it immediately w/o considering it?  

I actually take the time to dissect through them and read them, though by now I think we've all come to the clear conclusion that mcway is a religious nut.. he is constantly arguing proven scientific facts with the bible and 'faith' , you know one of those people that will not accept that the sky is blue no matter how many what but till always make up his own 'alternate' reality.

I keep asking believers to post hard undeniable, clear (black and white) evidence or proof of a god and all I keep getting is quotes from the bible (over 2,000 years old when we knew nothing about science or astronomy) or retorts about my 'lack of faith'  ::)  ::)

The only possible 'god' type being I could imagine is something along the lines of the movie Stargate, which actually makes a lot of sense if you watch it, the offer a great explanation for 'god'

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #589 on: May 11, 2010, 06:51:51 PM »
I beg to differ. And there was due process in that time. You had the elders and judges of Israel, who facilitated such a process. And, at least two witnesses were required for a conviction.

Plus, your definition of adultery is a bit off. An adulterer/adulteress can be single if he/she is screwing someone who's married. For example, Reille Hunter is considered an adulteress, not because she is married, but because John Edwards is married.

If a single guy raped a virgin, bethrothed to another man, he is committing adultery. But, since the girl is forced, only the guy gets put to death. Nothing happens to the woman.
McWay your argument about rape being covered by adultery is wrong. Rape is FORCED. Adultery is defined as VOLUNTARY. Being betrothed is NOT the same as being married. If it were true and a betrothed female was accidentally killed, would the male receive her dowry? Nope.

That's also covered under the laws that are a subset of the Commandments. To be clear, what we typically think of when we hear slavery (i.e. chattel slavery) was specifically outlawed. Kidnapping people and selling them was punishable by death. If Israel went to war against an enemy, it could assimilate its people. But, even that had guidelines and harsh treatment of servants was specifically barred, as the Israelites were repeatedly reminded of how badly they were treated in Egypt.
The commandments didn't abolish slavery. It gave conditions for having slaves. So in essence god didn't think that slaves (who of course were people) needed to be unslaved as long as they were treated well. Face it slavery is a disgrace for any man, woman or child.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: May 11, 2010, 07:26:16 PM »
Oh dear, brutal ownage of the 10 commandments.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #591 on: May 11, 2010, 08:03:41 PM »
Where did the chemicals and the right setting come from?  Do you think they were eternal?
I believe the elements have always been here. I am more than sure there are some that aren't discovered yet.
The factor that we have on Earth, that other planets in OUR system doesn't have is free flowing water. We know without water NO life survives. Now my question to you would be, if god is all powerful and almighty, then why weren't we conceived on Mercury or Venus? Or Jupiter or Neptune? We could have been made to withstand any elemental issues if that was possible. So why Earth?

If life is just how chemicals react w/each other, do you feel that "good and bad"/consciousness/emotions etc. are chemicals reacting w/each other also or is it something different?
Yes. We know that natural hormones in the body already affect mood and emotions. We know that that by supplying certain drugs to mental patients, that it helps them from their disruption in neural processing.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #592 on: May 11, 2010, 08:12:41 PM »
I just read a friends post on FB about how the "grace of god" saved her from a car accident. Of course she doesn't credit herself with having the reflexes to have avoided it.

It's one of the dumbest statements IMO. A child is born with a disease, goes through surgery and by the "grace of god" survives it to live on. Uh, if god didn't bestow the damn disease to the child in the first place, he/she wouldn't have needed the surgery. ::)

That's why when people say "god given talent" for those who are above average, they should also say to children born with disease, "god given torture".

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #593 on: May 11, 2010, 08:59:44 PM »
Where did the chemicals and the right setting come from?  Do you think they were eternal?

If life is just how chemicals react w/each other, do you feel that "good and bad"/consciousness/emotions etc. are chemicals reacting w/each other also or is it something different?

These are great points and questions that do deserve to be discussed, but it is also silly to think that a book written 2000 years ago provides "The Way" when we are a society that is as educated as we are now.
Wait for it....

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #594 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »
I just read a friends post on FB about how the "grace of god" saved her from a car accident. Of course she doesn't credit herself with having the reflexes to have avoided it.

It's one of the dumbest statements IMO. A child is born with a disease, goes through surgery and by the "grace of god" survives it to live on. Uh, if god didn't bestow the damn disease to the child in the first place, he/she wouldn't have needed the surgery. ::)

That's why when people say "god given talent" for those who are above average, they should also say to children born with disease, "god given torture".

Great points! let the dum dums keep on believing, what do you expect? it's been hammered into their head since they were toddlers, I for one will tell my children to avoid religion at all costs and tell them the truth about it, that it is the reason man has been killing one another for 3,000 years

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #595 on: May 12, 2010, 12:20:56 AM »
I actually take the time to dissect through them and read them, though by now I think we've all come to the clear conclusion that mcway is a religious nut.. he is constantly arguing proven scientific facts with the bible and 'faith' , you know one of those people that will not accept that the sky is blue no matter how many what but till always make up his own 'alternate' reality.

I keep asking believers to post hard undeniable, clear (black and white) evidence or proof of a god and all I keep getting is quotes from the bible (over 2,000 years old when we knew nothing about science or astronomy) or retorts about my 'lack of faith'  ::)  ::)

The only possible 'god' type being I could imagine is something along the lines of the movie Stargate, which actually makes a lot of sense if you watch it, the offer a great explanation for 'god'

You do not understand the concept of faith do you?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #596 on: May 12, 2010, 12:42:30 AM »
The commandments didn't abolish slavery. It gave conditions for having slaves. So in essence god didn't think that slaves (who of course were people) needed to be unslaved as long as they were treated well. Face it slavery is a disgrace for any man, woman or child.

You can't take something completely out of it's contextual script and apply it to today's standards of moral practice and social ethics.  Slavery was common in that time period, as anyone knows.  Sure we can say slavery is a horrible thing today, but if you lived in that time period your views would be significantly different.  There will certainly be things that we accept as being "ok" today that future generations will be completely against.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #597 on: May 12, 2010, 07:10:19 AM »
Wrong!!! It wasn't "Out Grown". The tenet was not that such a trangression was not worthy of death, but that Christ's death was THE SUBSTITUTE.

That's been the case, as far as Christianity is concerned, since the 1st century.

Rom. 6:14-15: For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.  

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Grace simply means you are SPARED the full penalty of a transgression; not that such an act is not a trangression.

You jumped the gun by claiming that adultery was not a capital offense in the current world, which is simply incorrect.

Incorrect.  I was never referring to the sin, but to the punishment.  Either you can not understand what I wrote or you just simply are trying to argue a moot point completely irrelevant to what was said.  Or a combination of both which wouldn't surprise me.

Your typical response is a perfect example of how society has OUTGROWN the Bible stupidity over the passing of time.  Which is exactly why religion is declining every day.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #598 on: May 12, 2010, 07:18:40 AM »
God created imperfect creatures and then punishes them for being imperfect , speaks volumes of his creative abilities

we've all come to the clear conclusion that mcway is a religious nut..

A child is born with a disease, goes through surgery and by the "grace of god" survives it to live on. Uh, if god didn't bestow the damn disease to the child in the first place, he/she wouldn't have needed the surgery. ::)

AMEN!!!

Preach it!!!!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #599 on: May 12, 2010, 07:57:34 AM »
You can't take something completely out of it's contextual script and apply it to today's standards of moral practice and social ethics.  Slavery was common in that time period, as anyone knows.  Sure we can say slavery is a horrible thing today, but if you lived in that time period your views would be significantly different.  There will certainly be things that we accept as being "ok" today that future generations will be completely against.
Views of different eras follow the accepted behavior of the time. Doesn't change the fact that "god" thought it was alright for other men to enslave other men and use then for a lifetime of unpaid servitude. Again, IMO the "morals" and "commandments" were drawn up to follow what most kings, emperors and dictators desired at the time. What king wouldn't want:

1. Being the only king
2. Have no other king before him
3. You won't curse or speak bad of them
4. You will worship them at least once each week

The rest were just formalities to keep the people happy and from having chaos in their kingdom.