Author Topic: More NAILS in the ORGANIC FOOD Coffin-162 studies for 50 years-no difference.  (Read 6647 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
still waiting for which states allow ppl to drive scooters over 50cc's on the road

and why you think vision and basic traffic knowledge dont make a person a better driver... ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companion_plants

Basil   Ocimum basilicum

Helps:
tomato
, peppers, oregano, asparagus, petunias

Comments:
is said to make tomatoes taste better, chamomile and anise are supposed to increase the essential oils in many herbs like basil

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
still waiting for which states allow ppl to drive scooters over 50cc's on the road

and why you think vision and basic traffic knowledge dont make a person a better driver... ::)
In Cali, anything over 50cc driven on the road must be registered w/full working lights/signals.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

http://gardening.about.com/od/totallytomatoes/qt/Tomato-Companions.htm

Plants Recommended for Companion Planting with Tomatoes: amaranth, asparagus, basil, bean, calendula (pot marigold), carrots, celery, chive, cleome, cosmos, cucumber, garlic, lemon balm, lettuce, marigold, mint, nasturtium, onion, parsley, peas, sage, stinging nettle and sow thistle.

Amaranth helps repel insects.
Basil repels insects and disease, improves growth and flavor. Repels mosquitoes and flies (even fruit flies).
Borage improves growth and flavor and repels tomato worms. (I’ve not found this to be true.)
Bee balm, chives, dill, mint and parsley improve health and flavor. Use dill early since mature dill starts to inhibit tomato growth.
Carrots planted near tomatoes may not get as large as they should, but they’ll still taste good.
Garlic repels red spider mites. Garlic sprays help control late blight.
Stinging nettle nearby improves taste.
Sow thistle aids growth.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Hope this helps:  You could learn a lot here Hugo since you are new to this.

Companion Plants

This forum is meant for the discussion of plants that work well in combination with each other for aesthetic or horticultural reasons.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/complants/

tonymctones

• Getbig V
In Cali, anything over 50cc driven on the road must be registered w/full working lights/signals.
LOL I think its like that in all states to be honest

TA tried to tell me that an 800+ cc scooter didnt need a license to operate it...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Vision does make a better driver as does basic traffic knowledge, however a Licence does not make someone automatically a better driver, nor does it ensure that people will wear corrective lenses or glasses.

Usually people`s own safety and self preservation ensures they will wear the necessary eye correction.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
yes moron, I do know about that!  That doesn't mean it's a good idea to pack them all in the same pot, especially small pots like you have.  IT IS NOT!  If you were to do the concept correct, you would have properly spaced rows and plant the desired items between your rows or in the row with enough spacing between plants.  And what the fuck would you be worried about this for?  You're the guy on here telling us the benefits of herbasides, pesticides and artificial/non organic fertilizers.  I know about these things and how to properly employ them because I went organic with my garden.  What the fuck are you doing?  How about practicing what you preach asshole.  I want to see pics of you spaying your plants with pesticides...  also post a pic of you with you epic greenhouse!

and don't give me a sobbing story about your soil.  anybody can build up a good garden soil no matter how it starts out.  and since you don't care about organic, you could build up a decent soil for far less in cost than others.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Vision does make a better driver as does basic traffic knowledge, however a Licence does not make someone automatically a better driver, nor does it ensure that people will wear corrective lenses or glasses.

Usually people`s own safety and self preservation ensures they will wear the necessary eye correction.  
of course not just like a college degree doesnt make you intelligent  ;)

but in general those who pass a driving test are better drivers than those who dont...

DIP SHIT  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
LOL I think its like that in all states to be honest

TA tried to tell me that an 800+ cc scooter didnt need a license to operate it...

I have 3 cars and I don`t have a License to operate them.  (I am sure my License is expired as I NEVER have had it renewed once in my life.)

I also DO NOT register any of my cars, instead I have 30 day tags on all of them.  The titles are all in my name and I carry the bill of sale just in case I get pulled over.

I learned this trick from a cop.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
don't hijack the thread tony ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I have 3 cars and I don`t have a License to operate them.  (I am sure my License is expired as I NEVER have had it renewed once in my life.)

I also DO NOT register any of my cars, instead I have 30 day tags on all of them.  The titles are all in my name and I carry the bill of sale just in case I get pulled over.

I learned this trick from a cop.
LOL yes but get pulled over enough times without renewing your license and youll get a warrant and eventually arrested...DIP SHIT  ::)

sorry huggy its hard to ignore such blatant ignorance...im done ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
yes moron, I do know about that!  That doesn't mean it's a good idea to pack them all in the same pot, especially small pots like you have.  IT IS NOT!  If you were to do the concept correct, you would have properly spaced rows and plant the desired items between your rows or in the row with enough spacing between plants.  And what the fuck would you be worried about this for?  You're the guy on here telling us the benefits of herbasides, pesticides and artificial/non organic fertilizers.  I know about these things and how to properly employ them because I went organic with my garden.  What the fuck are you doing?  How about practicing what you preach asshole.  I want to see pics of you spaying your plants with pesticides...  also post a pic of you with you epic greenhouse!

and don't give me a sobbing story about your soil.  anybody can build up a good garden soil no matter how it starts out.  and since you don't care about organic, you could build up a decent soil for far less in cost than others.
::)
Admit it, you had no clue what Companion Planting was.
Also,
All or nothing is a stupid concept in regards to pesticides.  The object of course is to use as little as possible and companion planting makes that possible.  Industrial Farming makes use of this concept as well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
LOL yes but get pulled over enough times without renewing your license and youll get a warrant and eventually arrested...DIP SHIT  ::)

sorry huggy its hard to ignore such blatant ignorance...im done ;D
Nah.  Not around here.  The city has about 300,000 people and they are not worried about what I do.  Besides the last time I was pulled over was in 2004 for Competition Speed Racing in my Lotus Esprit.  I`d rather just pay the lawyer an infrequent sum.  It comes out cheaper and I get to keep my privacy.

I have no qualms for my blatant civil disobedience.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
::)
Admit it, you had no clue what Companion Planting was.
Also,
All or nothing is a stupid concept in regards to pesticides.  The object of course is to use as little as possible and companion planting makes that possible.  Industrial Farming makes use of this concept as well.
jackass, before last year I didn't know anything about Organic Gardening.  I have gardening experience but it had been a long time.  I worked summers as a kid in a large greenhouse.  But Organic, I had to do research on.  I did a shitload of research before starting out.  zero way you're going to research organic gardening and miss info on natural ways to keep insects at bay etc. 

TA, most industrial farming does not employ this, they just spray the shit out of the crops.  I especially witnessed this stationed in Yuma and living in Nebraska.  maybe some do but I haven't seen it.  and since many do not, lets see you practice what you preach is of no harm!  spray them plants!!!

and lol, so you're now admitting that there's an issue with pesticides.  If you want to minimize their use, you must be!  hahahahahaha.  Otherwise why not just follow the directions to their full recommendations you hypocrite!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I do remember the amount of insects freaking me out at first last year.  I was afraid they would end up eating everything but that didn't happen.  not even close.  the worst that happened was an early and hard frost.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I do remember the amount of insects freaking me out at first last year.  I was afraid they would end up eating everything but that didn't happen.  not even close.  the worst that happened was an early and hard frost.
You are in Arizona or was it New Mexico?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
You are in Arizona or was it New Mexico?
I've lived in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming.  Is there a point?  last years garden was in Wyoming.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I'm going to call you out on another contradiction you made lol....  You said you disagree that tomatoes from a home garden can taste better than conventional tomatoes from the store.  But then you go on to note things the home gardener can do to make their tomatoes have more flavor, like basil.  LOL, so which one is it, you keep contradicting yourself!  I guess that happens when all you do to make a point is google for a best response! :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Oh and by the way, while you're at the googling for best responses, google companion farming pics and you'll see that all the examples are from small to medium small production and employ the use as I stated!!!!  NOT how you stated.  You will see the examples are with propper row spacing, not just lumping it all into one pot.  All you're going to do with that is deplete your main plant and any benefits to the technique are lost to bigger cons than pros.  So as it turns out, I guess I knew more about it than you, and I'm a 2nd year noob to organic techniques :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I'm going to call you out on another contradiction you made lol....  You said you disagree that tomatoes from a home garden can taste better than conventional tomatoes from the store.  But then you go on to note things the home gardener can do to make their tomatoes have more flavor, like basil.  LOL, so which one is it, you keep contradicting yourself!  I guess that happens when all you do to make a point is google for a best response! :D
Just because I can alter the taste of a tomato does not mean I can or will produce a better product.  Variety for one will determine taste and some will have higher levels of acid some lower.  Some people prefer lower acidic, sweeter tomatoes....I don`t care for them particular but that is dependent upon which dish I make or use them for.

There is no contradiction because I have access to the largest farmers market in the southeast, tons of local grocery stores with consistent high quality tomatoes and of course what we grow here.  ALL ARE GREAT!

You are the all or nothing schmuck here.  Not I.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Oh and by the way, while you're at the googling for best responses, google companion farming pics and you'll see that all the examples are from small to medium small production and employ the use as I stated!!!!  NOT how you stated.  You will see the examples are with propper row spacing, not just lumping it all into one pot.  All you're going to do with that is deplete your main plant and any benefits to the technique are lost to bigger cons than pros.  So as it turns out, I guess I knew more about it than you, and I'm a 2nd year noob to organic techniques :D
Sorry, you are not making any sense here.  I do not have all in containers, just the ones I posted happen to be and they are all adequately spaced as per Dr. Carolyn Male.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Sorry, you are not making any sense here.  I do not have all in containers, just the ones I posted happen to be and they are all adequately spaced as per Dr. Carolyn Male.
you have yet failed to post pics of your epic 30 varriety tomato garden so I don't see what else there is to comment on...  You made the claims buddy, back it up?  oh, and the planting within the pots are NOT adequately spaced.  you have both flowers and spices planted in small walmat pots... stupid....

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
you have yet failed to post pics of your epic 30 varriety tomato garden so I don't see what else there is to comment on...  You made the claims buddy, back it up?  oh, and the planting within the pots are NOT adequately spaced.  you have both flowers and spices planted in small walmat pots... stupid....

Because he doesn't have a clue Hugo, that's why I bowed out of this thread.  He is a liar and just doesn't get it.