Author Topic: Running  (Read 7223 times)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Running
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:57:26 AM »
I have never ran, ever. I am in week 3 of this thing called couch to 5k running program.  the first week i couldnt run 30 seconds, no chance. Now I am doing 3 minute running intervals at a faster speed with zero issues and some people commented yesterday that it looks like i have dropped pounds. never thought i could love running, but I am soooo addicted. 

3,2,1.......fatpanda chimes in with some ludicrous comment

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Running
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »
I have never ran, ever. I am in week 3 of this thing called couch to 5k running program.  the first week i couldnt run 30 seconds, no chance. Now I am doing 3 minute running intervals at a faster speed with zero issues and some people commented yesterday that it looks like i have dropped pounds. never thought i could love running, but I am soooo addicted. 

by running do you mean from the fridge to your couch ?
175lbs by 31st July

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:10:06 AM »
by running do you mean from the fridge to your couch ?

Wow....so fucking witty and original.

::)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
Good to hear that, Dis! If you stay with that program, how long does it take to get to the 5K?

I'LL see if I can find it on the net.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:13:49 AM »
Good to hear that, Dis! If you stay with that program, how long does it take to get to the 5K?

I'LL see if I can find it on the net.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Yep! Thanks, Dis. I just found it.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 11:19:32 AM »
Wow....so fucking witty and original.

::)

thanks josh  :D, almost as witty and original as commenting on my comment being witty and original  :D
175lbs by 31st July

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 11:22:30 AM »
thanks josh  :D, almost as witty and original as commenting on my comment being witty and original  :D

ummm why are you calling les grossman my name?

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 11:47:53 AM »

No shit....he's fat and stupid, couple of fine, redeeming, Nasser-like qualities.

newmom

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »

Josh, this is right up my alley. It is very addicting. End of 2008 I started running. Quickly addicted. I could only do 5 minutes at a time and in a year I ran my first full marathon oct 2009. This year have done a few 5k, June is my half marathon, decided to do a triath. in August and the hartford full marathon again in October.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 11:51:42 AM »

hi les  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 11:53:47 AM »
I see running as punishment.  And I love how runners always say "I feel so great after I finish...."  Well, of course you do, you aren't running anymore.   ;D

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 11:54:06 AM »
At your weight I'd suggest low impact cardio.

cycling would be better. My friend has the exact same build as you.

He started running and 3 months later he had both knees replaced

newmom

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »
I see running as punishment.  And I love how runners always say "I feel so great after I finish...."  Well, of course you do, you aren't running anymore.   ;D

lmao very true, I collapsed after finish the marathon..running and perhaps all together 30 min of walking in 5 hours fucking kills ya for sure

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 12:02:18 PM »
lmao very true, I collapsed after finish the marathon..running and perhaps all together 30 min of walking in 5 hours fucking kills ya for sure

Marathons are brutal on the body.  After years of playing sports and the military, I only use an elliptical for cardio, Precor.  My joints all feel great.

newmom

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
Marathons are brutal on the body.  After years of playing sports and the military, I only use an elliptical for cardio, Precor.  My joints all feel great.

I gotta say, the only thing besides my quads killing me the next few days after was black and blue toenail on my foot. Otherwise it was fine. Training for it isnt a walk in the park either

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 12:06:05 PM »
I gotta say, the only thing besides my quads killing me the next few days after was black and blue toenail on my foot. Otherwise it was fine. Training for it isnt a walk in the park either

Very true.  I should have said the training vs the marathon as the truly rough part on the body.  EVERY serious runner who I worked with had some type of issues....hips, knees, ankles, feet.....something.  But most were so addicted they couldn't stop.  Weird.

newmom

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
KNOCK ON WOOD, all my joints are fine. Feel great..Next week hardcore training for Junes half. I run every day and do the stairmaster everyday, but now that its warmer, gotta run outside more

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 12:13:01 PM »
KNOCK ON WOOD, all my joints are fine. Feel great..Next week hardcore training for Junes half. I run every day and do the stairmaster everyday, but now that its warmer, gotta run outside more

Running AND Stairmaster?  Ouch, my knees are hurting thinking about it.  My suggestion is at the FIRST signs of issues, cut back and find other cardio....elliptical, rower, bike, etc...

newmom

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 12:15:01 PM »
Running AND Stairmaster?  Ouch, my knees are hurting thinking about it.  My suggestion is at the FIRST signs of issues, cut back and find other cardio....elliptical, rower, bike, etc...

well in August Im doing a triathalon, so I will also train for the swim part and bike part in July

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 12:17:23 PM »
well in August Im doing a triathalon, so I will also train for the swim part and bike part in July

Cool.  Had a bud in college who did the Iron Man in South Africa.  He trained like a madman....rode his bike about 15 miles back and forth to school, went to some cold ass lake and swam every day....and in between classes he would go for runs.....he ate ALL the time.  He really liked it.....

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »

newmom

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
Cool.  Had a bud in college who did the Iron Man in South Africa.  He trained like a madman....rode his bike about 15 miles back and forth to school, went to some cold ass lake and swam every day....and in between classes he would go for runs.....he ate ALL the time.  He really liked it.....

Ironman is no joke..I couldn't do that no way in hell..1/2 mile swim in the ocean, 12 mile bike ride and 4 mile run is what im doing in august

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 12:45:41 PM »
Ironman is no joke..I couldn't do that no way in hell..1/2 mile swim in the ocean, 12 mile bike ride and 4 mile run is what im doing in august

Hey,finally butting in on a conversation you know something about :D

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 12:56:48 PM »
At your weight I'd suggest low impact cardio.

cycling would be better. My friend has the exact same build as you.

He started running and 3 months later he had both knees replaced

Seriously? Did he have healthy knees before? He must have run through some serious pain.  :-\ Glad I'm not running (anymore. Ran for couple of months years ago, but after a faster jog both of my knees hurt for quite long time and that was that.) Luckily there are other great ways to get in shape.