Author Topic: HollyWOOD SUPER HEROS ONCE AGAIN!  (Read 15138 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: HollyWOOD SUPER HEROS ONCE AGAIN!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »

icon

game over for hero movies if MCD plays icon.

tyrese - green lantern, i prefer denzel.  that's some epic s##t there folks

http://dailypop.wordpress.com/2007/10/07/green-lantern-cast/

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »

Too late, Ryan Reynolds got the Green Lantern role

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE56A0CE20090711

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 03:26:36 PM »
You see, Steel was a take on the John Henry folk hero (who probably was based on a real person). Primarily all black characters are written by white guys, which leads to crazy outlandish characters like Luke Cage (check him in his mini series from Marvel Maxx).
This is why The Boondocks has blown up, because it was and is authentic, plus there are some deep thought provoking questions and themes brought up.

this is kind of an obscure on that your guys probably won't remember.......buring the inage comic/spawn heyday of the early 90s there was ashort lived comic book hero named Shadowhawk........who fought crime up in harlem......i think he crossed paths with spawn in one comic, and savage dragon in another

anyway his thing ws that he was a black guy dying of AIDS....very progressive for the time

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »
Who is going to play THOR?
S

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »

this is kind of an obscure on that your guys probably won't remember.......buring the inage comic/spawn heyday of the early 90s there was ashort lived comic book hero named Shadowhawk........who fought crime up in harlem......i think he crossed paths with spawn in one comic, and savage dragon in another

anyway his thing ws that he was a black guy dying of AIDS....very progressive for the time

Yep, and there was Shadowman...really didn't do that well.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »
fuck Jon Favreau , how the hell could they cast Don Cheadle and ruined one of the top 20 greatest super heroes.
A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »
seriously, what studio head will hire some huge musclebound freak to play a mainstream role?

seriously?!?!?!?

you think mainstream America won't be freaked out by someone with "Kovacs"-like proportions.

Chris Evans is a perfect fit for captain america as was Mcguire a perfect fit for spiderman

Van Damme was perfect because he was big enough to garner believability for his roles but not huge enough where people would look at his physique and think "ewww gross"

remember, hollywood wants teenage girls to go see their movies and teenage girls are REPULSED by 20 inch arms

LOL

thats only true because people make it true. 

sure, markus ruhl, ronnie coleman, dorian yates, art atwood, these types of dudes do not have a look that would sell...     

but ben pakluski(sp?), mark dugdale, victor martinez, roelly winklar, fouad abiad.... the list goes on... very sexy and marketable

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 04:20:04 PM »

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 04:26:05 PM »

but ben pakluski(sp?), mark dugdale, victor martinez, roelly winklar, fouad abiad.... the list goes on... very sexy and marketable

still "too big" for mainstream movies

their was only one Arnold.  Not saying that it could happen again-i'm just saying that if it does, it will have to happen to a very special bodybuilder

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 04:34:33 PM »
Ice Cube or Tyrese as Shadowman. Ice Cube approached Acclaim about it, they turned him down.
Michael Jai White as Black Panther or that African dude from The Four Feathers, Constatine.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 04:37:56 PM »
still "too big" for mainstream movies

their was only one Arnold.  Not saying that it could happen again-i'm just saying that if it does, it will have to happen to a very special bodybuilder
no they arent, thats just what you think. theres a huge market for masive, ripped guys.. they just need to be aesthetic and have handsome faces. like those i listed

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »
Who is Icon? I'm not a DC fan.  He seems to be Superman's equal.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »

icon

game over for hero movies if MCD plays icon.

tyrese - green lantern, i prefer denzel.  that's some epic s##t there folks

http://dailypop.wordpress.com/2007/10/07/green-lantern-cast/

He's too big and too ugly...He'd make a better Steel.  Michael Jai White would make a better Icon.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2010, 05:40:32 PM »
IMDB says this guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1165110/
This takes us to the same road... wasn't supposed Thor to be like this perfect aryan fucker with muscles? (no fucking homo)

There is no actor capable of personifying such character... probably Gunter Schlierlkamp without talking too much...
S

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 05:43:23 PM »
no they arent, thats just what you think. theres a huge market for masive, ripped guys.. they just need to be aesthetic and have handsome faces. like those i listed

with all due respect but the best that fouad abiad could do in hollywood would be "gigolo #2" in the next "Deuce Bigelow" movie

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 05:53:59 PM »

Michael Clark Duncan had has chance as a comic book Villain, he did a good job actually, but the movie just sucked!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
Michael Clark Duncan had has chance as a comic book Villain, he did a good job actually, but the movie just sucked!

You can thank Ben asslick that the movie sucked.
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »

Yeah, I liked him as kingpin.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »
I totally agree with you guys. Clark Duncan was the highlight.....Ban Afflick was awful.

Wrong,Jennifer Garner was the highlight ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »
This takes us to the same road... wasn't supposed Thor to be like this perfect Caucasian fucker with muscles? (no fucking homo)

There is no actor capable of personifying such character... probably Gunter Schlierlkamp without talking too much...
Gunter doesn't have red hair...

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »

Grant = Alpha Male

oh And yeah Ben Affleck totally fucked it up!

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 08:57:12 PM »
I hear that Captain America will be filmed this summer and that Chris Evans' got the lead.

I've never been a Captain America fan so I don't have the slightest idea of the story line but from the Captain America photos I've seen, it appears that he's supposed to be very muscular. And Chris, although he's is great shape, just ain't too muscular.

I also understand that Captain America was once a skinny kid who was rejected by the US Armed Forces and shortly after he somehow turned into Captain America with ample muscles.

Inside Hollywood rumors say that another actor would portray Steve Rogers (the skinny kid) before he receives the super-soldier serum that turns him into Captain America. (Sounds like a super duper steroid cocktail! I wonder how they will present that one the screen? Will the movie going public claim the Captain America is just another drug indulging junkie?)

But those in the know claim that Chris will play both roles.

I do know for a fact that some Hollywood casting guys and gals come on this board occasionally, so here's a small proposal in the event that Chris and the FX folks have difficulty in creating Captain America for the silver screen .....

Use a real person with real muscles ....

And here's one bodybuilder who bears a slight resemblance to what the Capt artists originally intended..... He'll fill out that suit pretty damn well.

Ben! Get an agent and stand by for your close-up.

Ben doesn't exemplify a super hero type IMO because he doesn't look athletic. He's too short and stocky. Sure he's fukin jacked but super hero's should still look like they can run.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 08:59:51 PM »
as some here may know, i am a big fan of comics.

i think chris evans is, was and always shall be johnny storm. he was a great fit for that role.

i do not believe he is a good fit for captain america at all - captain america has always been the square jawed leader of men.

chris evans plays a good funny come action guy, nothing more. he is not a leader of men, could you see him ordering tony stark ( robert downey's character) around never mind thor ! hahaha no !

marvel have gotten some perfect castings though i.e. blade, iron man, johnny storm, dr doom, xavier, beast, mystique, magneto, bruce banner ( norton), deadpool, sabertooth ( in wolverine), electra

also they have had some terrible castings: spider-man (entire cast of every film), lady deathstrike, daredevil, 2nd hulk character design  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

on a side note now that they have picked chris, i hope they have cap move like emil blonsky when he fought hulk in the park ( pre abomination) - to me that was classic cap america. ( he was supposed to be on the serum though so he should have moved like that)

Chris has a decent jaw line ( no homo)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 11:31:10 PM »
Grant = Alpha Male

oh And yeah Ben Affleck totally fucked it up!

Ben Affleck wasn't good as Daredevil at all - but I place more blame on that loser director Mark Steven Johnson. Affleck CAN act and with better direction he would have been ok in the role, but that director fucked the film. He botched and moaned about the studios destroying his vision of the film, so I went and watched the Directors Cut - still sucked.

And then he did Ghost Rider.

Chris Evans as Cap - I'm keen to see it although I think Cap should be a little older.