Author Topic: HollyWOOD SUPER HEROS ONCE AGAIN!  (Read 15139 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
HollyWOOD SUPER HEROS ONCE AGAIN!
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
I hear that Captain America will be filmed this summer and that Chris Evans' got the lead.

I've never been a Captain America fan so I don't have the slightest idea of the story line but from the Captain America photos I've seen, it appears that he's supposed to be very muscular. And Chris, although he's is great shape, just ain't too muscular.

I also understand that Captain America was once a skinny kid who was rejected by the US Armed Forces and shortly after he somehow turned into Captain America with ample muscles.

Inside Hollywood rumors say that another actor would portray Steve Rogers (the skinny kid) before he receives the super-soldier serum that turns him into Captain America. (Sounds like a super duper steroid cocktail! I wonder how they will present that one the screen? Will the movie going public claim the Captain America is just another drug indulging junkie?)

But those in the know claim that Chris will play both roles.

I do know for a fact that some Hollywood casting guys and gals come on this board occasionally, so here's a small proposal in the event that Chris and the FX folks have difficulty in creating Captain America for the silver screen .....

Use a real person with real muscles ....

And here's one bodybuilder who bears a slight resemblance to what the Capt artists originally intended..... He'll fill out that suit pretty damn well.

Ben! Get an agent and stand by for your close-up.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: HollyWOOD SUPER HEROS ONCE AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
Now Chris is a damn fine actor but does he resemble the Captain in the least?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »
actually, he does kind of resemble him.
Deep Tissue Massage

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:20:06 PM »
Man, Yea, I thought so too. That's why I posted his photos and there could even be a slight chance that he could be asked to talk to a Hollywood agent.
(I gotta assume that you mean that Ben looks somewhat like the Captain and not Chris.)

It would save a hell of a lot of money if Ben filled the suit and did the moves. Hollywood would do the rest to convince us that Capt America is really the supercharged Chris Evans.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »
Depends, if we are talking about the Cpt that was drawn by Joe Mad or Leifeld then Ben or that white haired guy from Judge Dredd or the dudes in that play Spartacus or Crixus are your guys. I'd say the latter more so, fit the role of "square jawed" superhero

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:43:06 PM »
Parker , you sound like an avid fan. Thanks for that input. I'll look 'em up and see if I agree.

Here's the toys already, or have they been on the market earlier .....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »
ANd a poster with Chris' face on it .... at least they say that's his face.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 01:55:21 PM »
Parker , you sound like an avid fan. Thanks for that input. I'll look 'em up and see if I agree.

Here's the toys already, or have they been on the market earlier .....
I have followed Joe Mad's career, haven't really picked up anything in months or yrs.

But take a look at a twisted new comic called "Escape from Wonderland", part of the "Grimm Fairy tales" series, where The Grimm tales are turned into twisted stories of murder, deceit, sex, dismemberment, torture. Would be good for a ABC series (toned down) or movies

also American Century written by Howard Chaykin and David Tischman. Comic based on th real life story of a Jewish ex military man who said "Fuck You" to the Man. Again, sex, lies, extortion, racism, South American women and politics, all in 1940s-50s settings. Get the trade paperbacks, it is good as shit.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
I was one who was bitching in another thread about superheroes of today...

But I actually like Chris Evans as Captain America - to me thats a good fit!  

I also like Robert Downey Jr. as Ironman!

What I don't like is Tobey Maguire as Spiderman - TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE

??? ??? ???

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »
how good of a actor would you really expect ben palkulski to be??

he is a lunkhead bodybuilders

that is the STUPIDEST idea i have ever heard in my life

they can generate muscles via computer now (like they did in 300).....but they cannot CGI the wonderful delivery of a talented actor....just a stupid stupid idea

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 01:59:39 PM »
Oh and Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane - HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HOORRRRRIBLE

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 02:01:04 PM »
seriously, what studio head will hire some huge musclebound freak to play a mainstream role?

seriously?!?!?!?

you think mainstream America won't be freaked out by someone with "Kovacs"-like proportions.

Chris Evans is a perfect fit for captain america as was Mcguire a perfect fit for spiderman

Van Damme was perfect because he was big enough to garner believability for his roles but not huge enough where people would look at his physique and think "ewww gross"

remember, hollywood wants teenage girls to go see their movies and teenage girls are REPULSED by 20 inch arms

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:04:39 PM »
seriously, what studio head will hire some huge musclebound freak to play a mainstream role?

seriously?!?!?!?

you think mainstream America won't be freaked out by someone with "Kovacs"-like proportions.

Chris Evans is a perfect fit for captain america as was Mcguire a perfect fit for spiderman

Van Damme was perfect because he was big enough to garner believability for his roles but not huge enough where people would look at his physique and think "ewww gross"

remember, hollywood wants teenage girls to go see their movies and teenage girls are REPULSED by 20 inch arms

QFT! these superhero movies are targeted to teenage girls not some 80 yr old Schmoes!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 02:06:34 PM »

seriously?!?!?!?

Evans good for Cap. America, YES.  Maguire HORRIBLE for spiderman.  you know who I think shoulda had the role - he was in the movie with him, James Franco - he shoulda been spiderman!  Its not just about "muscles" johnny, its also the appeal the way they resemble the comic, maguire looks nothing like the comic book parker, NOTHING!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
QFT! these superhero movies are targeted to teenage girls not some 80 yr old Schmoes!

also, i need to add that most bb'ing Pro's have personalities that are akin to the personality that a piece of Dry wall would have

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 02:08:39 PM »
Evans good for Cap. America, YES.  Maguire HORRIBLE for spiderman.  you know who I think shoulda had the role - he was in the movie with him, James Franco - he shoulda been spiderman!  Its not just about "muscles" johnny, its also the appeal the way they resemble the comic, maguire looks nothing like the comic book parker, NOTHING!

actually, your point on Macguire is well taken

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 02:12:07 PM »

Thanks Johnny, glad you see my point.

Another pic of the real Mary Jane - why i think Kirsten Dunst was soooooo wrong for the part, soooo soooo wrong:

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 02:42:11 PM »
I would have gladly played Peter Parker---my motto is "spin webs, break beds", but alas, sadly a black spiderman there is not...

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 02:43:45 PM »
As a person who actually made his living in this industry the look is very important but what really matters most is your on camera presence.  Ben may have the build to be Capt America (not really though) but probably has no on camera experience or appeal.  That other guy is actually good looking, great body and has a real great on camera presence.  Plus he has acting experience and more than likely will perform some of his own stunts and be a whole lot easier to double than someone like the other guy.  Not many stuntman built like the BB so whoever would double him would probably have to have a suit made.  Plus, BB like this guy just do not have the brains or drive to go out and get an agent or representation.  That is where Chic blows them out of the water.  He was smart enough to get an agent and when a role like this comes up he at least got a call and got to go in and get seen.  And it worked out successfully for him in some instances.  But, most BB just are not smart enough to go out and market themselves.  It's too bad cause they are missing out on some fun money
No Worries 4 me

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 02:44:32 PM »
I would have gladly played Peter Parker---my motto is "spin webs, break beds", but alas, sadly a black spiderman there is not...

Well, there's always War-Machine

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »

and spawn...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »

Ha, true and Spawn true as well. Wu-Tang had a comic as well. Kinda okay, great artwork.

I always thought that they should have made a spun off of Venom, where some deisel ass Flex Wheeler-sque dude finds the symbiote and pretty much is like some sort of ninja mercenary ("You took me out of the 97 Mr. O, you must die!"---jk)
but, in this story there would be the moral interplay of revenge and it's worth, and how one can get lost in the frenzy of violence and one's soul is not cleansed but blood for blood's sake. I kinda invision it as a way in seeing how two sentient beings can view morality, life, revenge, death and their rspective consequences.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »
Ha, true and Spawn true as well. Wu-Tang had a comic as well. Kinda okay, great artwork.

I always thought that they should have made a spun off of Venom, where some deisel ass Flex Wheeler-sque dude finds the symbiote and pretty much is like some sort of ninja mercenary ("You took me out of the 97 Mr. O, you must die!"---jk)
but, in this story there would be the moral interplay of revenge and it's worth, and how one can get lost in the frenzy of violence and one's soul is not cleansed but blood for blood's sake. I kinda invision it as a way in seeing how two sentient beings can view morality, life, revenge, death and their rspective consequences.

Oh and let us not forget:

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 03:09:41 PM »
Oh and let us not forget:

You see, Steel was a take on the John Henry folk hero (who probably was based on a real person). Primarily all black characters are written by white guys, which leads to crazy outlandish characters like Luke Cage (check him in his mini series from Marvel Maxx).
This is why The Boondocks has blown up, because it was and is authentic, plus there are some deep thought provoking questions and themes brought up.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 03:20:16 PM »
as some here may know, i am a big fan of comics.

i think chris evans is, was and always shall be johnny storm. he was a great fit for that role.

i do not believe he is a good fit for captain america at all - captain america has always been the square jawed leader of men.

chris evans plays a good funny come action guy, nothing more. he is not a leader of men, could you see him ordering tony stark ( robert downey's character) around never mind thor ! hahaha no !

marvel have gotten some perfect castings though i.e. blade, iron man, johnny storm, dr doom, xavier, beast, mystique, magneto, bruce banner ( norton), deadpool, sabertooth ( in wolverine), electra

also they have had some terrible castings: spider-man (entire cast of every film), lady deathstrike, daredevil, 2nd hulk character design  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

on a side note now that they have picked chris, i hope they have cap move like emil blonsky when he fought hulk in the park ( pre abomination) - to me that was classic cap america. ( he was supposed to be on the serum though so he should have moved like that)
175lbs by 31st July