Author Topic: Tiger Woods ya'll.....Tiger Woods ya'll....he ain't all good ya'll....  (Read 68505 times)

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Tiger Woods ya'll.....Tiger Woods ya'll....he ain't all good ya'll....
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
I don't think it's a given, but it's likely.  He has another 10 or 15 years, or more if he takes care of himself. 

There is no way he has that.  His body is way too old.   

Also, look at the total years between player's first and last major.  Nicklaus had twenty five, which is unheard of.  Plus, if you take away 86, it was considerably less.  Player and a few others approach 20, years, but not many.  If you give him twenty, he has five more years or twenty majors.  That is tough.

Also, consider that Els is one of a very few that have won majors in three different decades.  It just doesn't happen that often.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2012, 04:57:09 AM »
Ben Kohles won his first professional start!
turned pro 5 days ago and won on Web.com tour{the tour is one level below the PGA}.
down 1 he hits an an iron to 1 foot on 18 to get into a playoff,then he birdies's the first playoff hole to win!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »
There is no way he has that.  His body is way too old.   

Also, look at the total years between player's first and last major.  Nicklaus had twenty five, which is unheard of.  Plus, if you take away 86, it was considerably less.  Player and a few others approach 20, years, but not many.  If you give him twenty, he has five more years or twenty majors.  That is tough.

Also, consider that Els is one of a very few that have won majors in three different decades.  It just doesn't happen that often.

In five years he'll be 41.  I doubt he'll be done at 41, unless he's too injured to play.

Even if it's only five years, you don't think he can win five out of twenty?   

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »
In five years he'll be 41.  I doubt he'll be done at 41, unless he's too injured to play.

Even if it's only five years, you don't think he can win five out of twenty?   

Nope.  AT HIS BEST during the incredible run he made, that is what he averaged against a much weaker field and when he was much, much healthier.  Tiger does not have the body of the avg golfer his age.  Violent swing, playing since he was a 2 yrs old, etc... have led to it.  Can he compete? Absolutely.  Can he win 1 or 2 more majors? I think so.  But I still don't think he will break Jack's record.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2012, 02:24:06 PM »

Nope.  AT HIS BEST during the incredible run he made, that is what he averaged against a much weaker field and when he was much, much healthier. &guy does not have the body of the avg golfer his age.  Violent swing, playing since he was a 2 yrs old, etc... have led to it.  Can he compete? Absolutely.  Can he win 1 or 2 more majors? I think so.  But I still don't think he will break Jack's record.

Perhaps.  I'm not sure his body is much worse off than most golfers, because most of them don't really train. &guy does.  Or least he used to train.  The injuries really hurt him, but it's not like he's carrying the rock on the football field.    

I think if he was failing to make the cut on a regular basis or not finishing in contention in most of tournaments, this notion that he's about done might carry more weight.  

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
People are forgetting the fact that Tiger also juiced.  I'm sure he is grateful that it was the adultery that made headlines, and not the doping.  Dude is a fraud.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
uh-oh.....

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2012, 05:44:39 AM »
Rory is a great golfer when his head is on straight.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2012, 11:11:43 AM »
Rory is a great golfer when his head is on straight.

Absolutely.  And very humble and level-headed.

And on another great note.....another year ticks off the calendar with no Tigger Major's.......4+......tick-tock....

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
John Daley.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »
That Rory kid is pretty good....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2012, 05:42:07 AM »
That Rory kid is pretty good....

Maybe you should try to emulate him instead of Tigger.....  ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2012, 05:43:56 AM »
Maybe you should try to emulate him instead of Tigger.....  ;D

On or off the course ??? ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »

On or off the course ??? ;D

Currently?  I'd go with Rory on both.  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
Currently?  I'd go with Rory on both.  ;D
I'm going with John Daley fat and drunk.  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »
Is he back?

Tiger returns to No. 1, wins Bay Hill
March 25, 2013
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods is back to No. 1 in the world with a game that looks as good as ever.

Tiger Woods took over No. 1 in the world with his eighth career victory at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. His 77th PGA Tour win makes him within shouting distance of breaking Sam Snead's all-time tour record of 82 within the year, writes Farrell Evans. Story

Woods tied a PGA Tour record Monday by winning the Arnold Palmer Invitational for the eighth time, and this one had some extra significance. It returned him to the top of the world ranking for the first time since the final week of October 2010, the longest dry spell of his career.

Woods never let anyone closer than two shots in the final round at Bay Hill that was delayed one day by storms. With a conservative bogey he could afford on the last hole, he closed with a 2-under 70 for a two-shot win over Justin Rose.

Next up is the Masters, where Woods will try to end his five-year drought in the majors.

Woods fell as low as No. 58 in the world as he coped with a crisis in his personal life and injuries to his left leg. One week after he announced he was dating Olympic ski champion Lindsey Vonn, Woods celebrated his third win of the season, and his sixth going back to Bay Hill a year ago.

"It's a byproduct of hard work, patience and getting back to winning golf tournaments," Woods said.

Vonn tweeted moments after his win, "Number 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Like so many other wins, this one was never really close.

Rickie Fowler pulled to within two shots with a 25-foot birdie putt on the 14th hole, but after he and Woods made bogey on the 15th, Fowler went at the flag on the par-5 16th and came up a few yards short and into the water. Fowler put another ball into the water and made triple bogey.

Woods played it safe on the 18th, and nearly holed a 75-foot par putt that even drew a big smile from the tournament host. He walked off the green waving his putter over his head to acknowledge the fans who had seen this act before.

Most weeks as OWGR No. 1

There have been 124 weeks of Official World Golf Rankings since Tiger Woods was last No. 1 in late 2010. During that time, four golfers have held the top spot.

Since Tiger was last No. 1 Weeks
Luke Donald 55<
Rory McIlroy 39<
Lee Westwood 22<
Martin Kaymer 8
>No. 1 for multiple stretches

Woods tied the tour record of eight wins in a single tournament. Sam Snead won the Greater Greensboro Open eight times from 1938 to 1965 at two golf courses. Woods tied his record for most wins at a single golf course, having also won eight times at Torrey Pines, including a U.S. Open.

"I don't really see anybody touching it for a long time," Palmer said as Woods was making his way up the 18th fairway. "I had the opportunity to win a tournament five times, and I knew how difficult that was."

Rose, who played the first two rounds with Woods, closed with a 70 to finish alone in second.

Fowler had to settle for a 73 and a tie for third with Mark Wilson (71), Keegan Bradley (71) and Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano (72).

Already with three wins this year, Woods is closing in on another Snead record -- 82 career wins. Woods won for the 77th time on tour.

Rory McIlroy had been No. 1 since he won the PGA Championship last August. He is playing this week at the Houston Open.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9096561/tiger-woods-back-world-no-1-golf-wins-arnold-palmer-invitational

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
Oh brother...... one set of rules for Tigger and another set for everybody else.  What a disgrace and he doesn't have the integrity to withdraw which is what he should have done.  I ANY other player on the course does that, he is DQ'd for signing an incorrect score card. Of course the no-nothings at ESPN and those with zero history of the game will babble about it being a "bad" or "unjust" rule.....seems to me that if it was good enough for everybody else in the game than it should be good enough for Tiger. 

Furthermore, don't want to hear about it being adapted because of the HD tv stuff.  This was nothing to do with a ball moving, he clearly broke a rule and then signed an incorrect score card.  Game over.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2013, 11:14:10 AM »
Oh brother...... one set of rules for Tigger and another set for everybody else.  What a disgrace and he doesn't have the integrity to withdraw which is what he should have done.  I ANY other player on the course does that, he is DQ'd for signing an incorrect score card. Of course the no-nothings at ESPN and those with zero history of the game will babble about it being a "bad" or "unjust" rule.....seems to me that if it was good enough for everybody else in the game than it should be good enough for Tiger. 

Furthermore, don't want to hear about it being adapted because of the HD tv stuff.  This was nothing to do with a ball moving, he clearly broke a rule and then signed an incorrect score card.  Game over.

I couldn't have put it better myself.  Especially the part about what would have happened had it been anyone else.

He could have gained some respect back from many people had he wd'd.  I'm sure many of his people recommended he do just that.  That shows his level of respect for the game and others.  My thoughts are why would I gain respect for someone for doing the right thing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
He has won four out of seven tournaments this year.  Pretty impressive. 

Woods finished on 13-under 275 and earned $1.71 million, pushing his season total to over $5.8 million in just seven tournaments. This is the 12th season he has won at least four times -- that used to be the standard of a great year before he joined the PGA Tour in 1996.

It also was the quickest he has reached four wins in a year. The only other time he did it before June 1 came in 2000, when he proceeded to win the next four majors, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9268113/2013-players-championship-tiger-woods-wins-sergio-garcia-stumbles-late

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
He has won four out of seven tournaments this year.  Pretty impressive. 

Woods finished on 13-under 275 and earned $1.71 million, pushing his season total to over $5.8 million in just seven tournaments. This is the 12th season he has won at least four times -- that used to be the standard of a great year before he joined the PGA Tour in 1996.

It also was the quickest he has reached four wins in a year. The only other time he did it before June 1 came in 2000, when he proceeded to win the next four majors, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9268113/2013-players-championship-tiger-woods-wins-sergio-garcia-stumbles-late

like clock work.....when i saw on sat where he was...i was like "were gonna hear it from Beach on monday"...Lo and behold... Stat Master Beach

Sucks more because i dont have a comeback...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
ok...ill say that Tiger is great and a dominant force...BUT!!!!!!!..the field he did it against is like C+ at best..Palmer and The bear did it in a tougher field...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
ok...ill say that Tiger is great and a dominant force...BUT!!!!!!!..the field he did it against is like C+ at best..Palmer and The bear did it in a tougher field...

He better be glad ClavinH did not enter or lights out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
like clock work.....when i saw on sat where he was...i was like "were gonna hear it from Beach on monday"...Lo and behold... Stat Master Beach

Sucks more because i dont have a comeback...

lol.  I am nothing if consistent.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

I agree the level of competition should be a factor, although I don't think that diminishes what he has done.  Even if you just use the eyeball test, the man has been pretty darn good.