Author Topic: BP's "Oil Dome" solution fails... TX braces for oil's arrival to coastline  (Read 6442 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
you've changed your story several times in this thread....  What's up 3333?  First you're blaming Obama, then you're not blaming Obama, then you're blaming the people, then you're not blaming the people but still blaming the people...  I would have an easier time understanding crazies on the psycho ward :D

I thought it was just me for a moment thanks for letting me know otherwise
C

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I think it was obvious that 333 blaming obama for the oil spill was an analogy to the idiocy of others blaming bush for katrina...

samson is a good example of this idiocy I speak of  :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I think you really misunderstand the viewpoint of most conservatives...most are for accountability and responsibility i.e.

IF you choose to stay against all better judgement and reasoning you should be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions. You should have plans for worst case scenarios, you should have supplies, you should be ready to use both in case you need them.

you shouldn't whine and complain and expect others to come to your rescue for a decision that you yourself made...ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!!!!!!!

that being said I don't think Katrina and its aftermath could have been a likely reasonable outcome in most ppls minds.
no, I do understand that and you're right on that point. You should be prepared for yourself if you're going to stay and should not be calling out to the federal government for help after refusing warnings.  You're right about this and I do get it.  

On a slightly different angle, I think the central gov should recognize when a catastrophe is so huge it's going to fuck up the entire country.  That is in the national interest to protect and aid in.  Again I would rather have our tax dollars going to that than most of the shit they spend on.  If something came in and wasted half my state along with part of other states, I would not mind a little help that we fucking paid for.  I'd much rather the money be spent on us after all we've paid to them.  I mean when it becomes such a large scale catastrophe that it buries the states in their ability, it must be of national interest to step in.  There are actually laws already permitting this.  

In the case of the oil spill, let's look at that.  We have something here that is threatening a vast industry of America.  Kindly tell me how it is not in our national interest to immediately do what we can?  This is the kind of stuff that goes beyond a state.  It is going to affect many states.  If the federal government is not willing or able to aid in problems that effect many states, then we don't even need those fucks.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I thought it was obvious I was doing that.  I guess not.  

Bush deserved blame for a ton of crap, but Katrina was definately not one of them.  

The bums in NO are the same ones who you wait ten minutes behind on the gas station while they play numbers or do scratch offs, etc.
I really have zero sympathy for them anymore.   They were warned to leave and didnt.  They were told to have 72 hours of supplies on hand, and sat back and thought the Gubmint was going to do everything for them.  

Tough shit.    

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I thought it was obvious I was doing that.  I guess not.  

Bush deserved blame for a ton of crap, but Katrina was definately not one of them.  

The bums in NO are the same ones who you wait ten minutes behind on the gas station while they play numbers or do scratch offs, etc.
I really have zero sympathy for them anymore.   They were warned to leave and didnt.  They were told to have 72 hours of supplies on hand, and sat back and thought the Gubmint was going to do everything for them.  

Tough shit.    
at this point, in this thread, you've lost cred.  STFU and move on to the next thread :D

OHHHHHH :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why is that Hugo? 

I made a joke in the beginning and though the brilliant minds on this board would pick it up.  I guess not. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Why is that Hugo? 

I made a joke in the beginning and though the brilliant minds on this board would pick it up.  I guess not. 

right back at yea obviously ;)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
I may, and it might happen, but I have enough provisions on hand to get through most things, and if I were there, I would have had plenty to get me through.  The bottom line is that at the end of the day you and everyone else is on their own.  People were told to have 72 hours of provisions on hand.  Had they done so, they wouldnt have had to do a Dawn of the Dead like Zombie march over to the Superdome which in itself was a disgrace.  

And please - 911 is not the same as Katrina.  

The people in the buildings were not told a week in advance that an attack was coming.  

If you want to blame them for working there in the first place, that is another argument altogether.  

You know the funny thing about life? Just when you think you have it all worked out a situation arises to let you know that YOU DON'T. Before you get comfortable with provisions and guns realize that any of a number of unexpected situations can occur that will make having provisions USELESS. The people who lived in downtown Manhattan who went to work on 911 may have had provisions and guns just in case something happened. Little did they know that on that day they would not be allowed back into their apartments to access those provisions or anything else for that matter and that the police would go through all of their apartments while they were not their and rifle through their belongings...taking what they will. Did you ever stop and think of that scenario? Did you ever thnk that you could be in a situation where the water, electricity adn gas are all turned off? How will you function? sanitation? What if the police quarantine your building or house or area? Then what? If the police show up at your door will you open it? What if they come and take your guns and food? Now what?

Was Katrina the same as 911...Very similar. Government was warned of "terrorist" using planes to attack WTC months in advance and they did nothing. You seem to have forgotten the speech made by Condelessa Rice admitting to receiving warnings MONTHS IN ADVANCE. During the day of attack many found themselves instantly homeless, without money, clothes, a place to go, or help from city state or government. Just like Katrina there was no answers too and for anything and like Katrina many were left dead in the aftermath of something preventable. Like Katrina/New Orleans which sits still in ruins, lower Manhattan is still in ruins and still has a giant hole in the ground. Add to this all thousands dying from asbestos and chemicals from the WTC collapse with no help from government: federal, state or city and you have nearly an identical situation in New Orleans
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
HUGO - 90% of the people I grew up with and around sounded just like Andrew Dice Clay. 

This one is the best. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
HUGO - 90% of the people I grew up with and around sounded just like Andrew Dice Clay.  

This one is the best.  

oh yea, great movie.  I have all those movies and love them.  forgettaboutit..... ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
no, I do understand that and you're right on that point. You should be prepared for yourself if you're going to stay and should not be calling out to the federal government for help after refusing warnings.  You're right about this and I do get it.  

On a slightly different angle, I think the central gov should recognize when a catastrophe is so huge it's going to fuck up the entire country.  That is in the national interest to protect and aid in.  Again I would rather have our tax dollars going to that than most of the shit they spend on.  If something came in and wasted half my state along with part of other states, I would not mind a little help that we fucking paid for.  I'd much rather the money be spent on us after all we've paid to them.  I mean when it becomes such a large scale catastrophe that it buries the states in their ability, it must be of national interest to step in.  There are actually laws already permitting this.  

In the case of the oil spill, let's look at that.  We have something here that is threatening a vast industry of America.  Kindly tell me how it is not in our national interest to immediately do what we can?  This is the kind of stuff that goes beyond a state.  It is going to affect many states.  If the federal government is not willing or able to aid in problems that effect many states, then we don't even need those fucks.
I agree and I think that 333 would agree to that as well

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I agree with that and dont need to see Obama walking around w a hard hat on as if that is doing anything productive. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I agree with that and dont need to see Obama walking around w a hard hat on as if that is doing anything productive. 
yea, what you're talking about is how politicians absolutely need to get their photo-op in on a tragedy.  I agree with that.  I do not need to see Obama in pictures down there helping out and all that shit.  That's as lame and self serving as it gets.  I've watched past presidents do this crap and I always wanna puke.  But on a disaster that affects several states, I have no problem with the federal government spending our tax dollars to aid in whatever way they can.