Author Topic: Obama to cut NYC anti-terror funding even after Times Sq. incident - FUBO!!!!  (Read 2042 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cool.  we're kinda out of options on it.  it's cause obama, bush, etc are spending like drunk sailors.  but what can you do?  both parties are gonna spend like that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Right, so that makes it all ok 240.  I got it. 

Unlike you, I am in NYC 24/7 and dread the thought of fellow NY'ers getting blown up next to me due to this admns DISGUSTING AND ANTI-AMERICAN priorities on all levels. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Can't wait for the next attempted bombing and the vilifying of American citizens!  ::)

Why not cut the money to these fucking Eurotrash countries and let the EU handle Greece? That was the whole point of forming the EU, was it not? Why are we stepping in when the EU is barely pulling their own weight?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We have $50 Billion for the Greeks to fund their lazy asses but not a few million to protect NYC.   ::)  ::)

Only 240 could spin that one. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I'm against funding greek debt.  can you find a statement where I defended it?

You're so anxious to attaack me that you don't always research my positions.  I'm all for defending NY, and all for letting greece sink.

I just wanted to see if youd go on record for being okay with printing $, if it is for something you believe to be important.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
In my world I would cut govt to the bone to its proper constitutional functions and there would be no need to print money to protect us. 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Do we have correct information regarding the  cuts? ???

Fact Check: New York's Homeland Security Funding Is Rising

May 13 2010, 10:05 AM ET | Comment

Rep. Peter King: "The fact that the Obama Administration would cut New York's homeland security funding just 11 days after the Times Square car bomb attempt is dangerous and unconscionable.

Rep. Anthony Weiner: "Cutting Big Apple homeland security funding to the core is mind bogglingly bad judgment."

---

But funding really isn't decreasing. When all federal funding is totaled, according to White House spokesperson Nick Shapiro, the city is getting  $47 million more for port and transit security over the previous year's budget, the last signed into law by the Bush Administration.

Remember:  $100 million in port and transit security grants were earmarked for NYC from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act -- the stimulus package.

With that money, the total for NYC will be $245 million.

"In fact, one out of every three recovery dollars for transit and port security went to NYC, making them the largest recipient in the country," Shapiro said.
Overall port and transit security grant funding increased 14% from the Bush to Obama administrations.

Port and transit security grant funding in New York City increased by 24% from the Bush to Obama administrations.

"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Whatever bro.  Keep making a fool of yourself.  King has far more credbility on these issues than the traitorous vermin in the wh.  Schumer winer king bloomberg patterson and other local pols say we are getting screwed and I believe them over the goebbels operation at 1600 PA ave. 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Whatever bro.  Keep making a fool of yourself.  King has far more credbility on these issues than the traitorous vermin in the wh.  Schumer winer king bloomberg patterson and other local pols say we are getting screwed and I believe them over the goebbels operation at 1600 PA ave. 

Making a fool of myself? Not sure how or why you would think that... that was an actual article  I posted, not my personal opinion ....here's the article.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/05/fact-check-new-yorks-homeland-security-funding-is-rising/56646/
calling your president and his office nazis is not gonna give you more credibility ...I guarantee you. Being able to present facts and serious opinions might .....but then who needs facts when you have Doughboy to spin them for you and you only have to regurgitate them.. ;D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
How many illegals are in NYC?

Maybe those terrorists are doing us a favor?

PS... I'm ok with the money being spent here too.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
the money apparently hasn't stopped a goddamn thing, so it was being wasted. Good call to cut it.
no shit?

You must work for the FBI-CIA-NSA

Tell us more

newmom

How many illegals are in NYC?

Maybe those terrorists are doing us a favor?

PS... I'm ok with the money being spent here too.

Ill bet there is more in Cali, and hey my daughter is in nyc every other week go easy

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
You'll get no disagreement from me... Way too many illegals in this Motherfucking city.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Remember, 2 weeks ago, Bloomberg WELCOMED the illegals to NYC.