Author Topic: Muslims plotted attacks on Danish and Dutch teams at World Cup to avenge Motoons  (Read 1907 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Detained militant in Iraq details World Cup plot
By QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA (AP) – 4 hours ago

BAGHDAD — An al-Qaida militant detained in Iraq on suspicion of plotting to attack the World Cup told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he wanted to target Danish and Dutch teams to avenge insults against the Prophet Muhammad.

Iraqi security forces announced the arrest of Saudi citizen Abdullah Azam Saleh al-Qahtani Monday, saying he was suspected of planning an attack in South Africa during the World Cup beginning June 11.

During an interview arranged by the Iraqi security officials holding al-Qahtani, he described the plot and said the idea of attacking the World Cup came up in late 2009 during talks with friends over content in the Western media that was offensive to Muslims.

"We discussed the possibility of taking revenge for the insults of the Prophet by attacking Denmark and Holland," he said.

The World Cup was considered an "important event" and South Africa was thought to be easier to travel to than either of the two European countries they wanted to attack, he explained.

"The goal was to attack the Danish and the Dutch teams and their fans," the militant said. "If we were not able to reach the teams, then we'd target the fans," he said, adding that they hoped to use guns and car bombs.

An Iraqi security official with knowledge of the investigation said no steps had yet been taken to put the plan into motion such as obtaining bomb-making materials. The plot still needed approval from the al-Qaida chain of command, specifically second in command, Ayman al-Zawahiri, they said.

It was unclear how viable the plot was or whether the militants had the ability to carry out what would have been a complicated attack far from their home base.

Vish Naidoo, a spokesman for South African police, said Tuesday that South African officials were still awaiting word from their Iraqi counterparts about the arrest. He said the only information South African officials had was from media reports.

FIFA said in a statement Tuesday it would not comment on any specific potential threats to the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Al-Qahtani's arrest came about after a joint U.S.-Iraqi operation in April that resulted in the deaths of two top al-Qaida figures — Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, the Iraqi security official said.

During a search of the safehouse where al-Masri and al-Baghdadi were killed, documents were found including a note written by al-Qahtani detailing the World Cup terror plot. That and other information eventually led to his arrest.

The Iraqi security official would not discuss the specific contents of the note, including how exactly the plot was to be carried out or by whom, except to confirm that both Danish and Dutch teams and their fans were mentioned as potential targets.

The official did not want to be identified because he was not authorized to discuss details of the case.
Associated Press writer Gerald Imray in Johannesburg, South Africa contributed to this report.
Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hwK_CSpBxsNuVUEaDuOwmSSCiqGwD9FPCQRG1

They're just misunderstood!  ::)  ::)

Remember, May 20 is "Draw Mohammed day".  8)

Skeeter

They're just misunderstood!  ::)  ::)

Remember, May 20 is "Draw Mohammed day".  8)

That should be a good one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
BF - did you see my thrwad about the Times Square bomber? 

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
How can one religion spawn so many deranged psychopaths?

Fury

• Getbig V
BF - did you see my thrwad about the Times Square bomber? 

Which one? I may have missed it in the sea of threads by Jag and the apologists crying islamophobia for reporting current events that the MSM doesn't. Can you link it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Look it up.  the Times Sqaure guy planned many other attacks. 

Skeeter

How can one religion spawn so many deranged psychopaths?

fixed

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
fixed
Well, I agree religion sucks for the most part..but in modern society it's obviously the Muslims who are constantly strapping bombs to themselves, murdering cartoonists, beheading people, etc. You don't see protestants behaving in that way nowadays.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
So if we give the Muslim faith 30 years they'll stop the bombs?

I mean, it's only been 30 years since the IRA was blowing shit up too.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
So if we give the Muslim faith 30 years they'll stop the bombs?

I mean, it's only been 30 years since the IRA was blowing shit up too.
And usually a lot more effectively too. And don't forget ETA.

Odd that so few of them were caught before they did something. Why are so many muslim "plots" foiled by the so-called plotters apparently blabbing to everyone they can find?

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
And as for the bullshit reason that it would be easier to do in SA than here: someone of middle-eastern descent can go anywhere completely unnoticed here. They already do, hundreds of thousands of them. One more wouldn't have been obvious. ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
And as for the bullshit reason that it would be easier to do in SA than here: someone of middle-eastern descent can go anywhere completely unnoticed here. They already do, hundreds of thousands of them. One more wouldn't have been obvious. ::)

So we should just take our chances and hope they fail? The murder of an Arkansas army recruiter and Major Nidal Hassan shooting up a military base were successful terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims.

But yes, we should just wing it. Didn't we try that once already? Sometime around 2001? ::)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
So we should just take our chances and hope they fail? The murder of an Arkansas army recruiter and Major Nidal Hassan shooting up a military base were successful terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims.

But yes, we should just wing it. Didn't we try that once already? Sometime around 2001? ::)
What really happens? Okay, so a few people are killed. The US has pissed off most of the world: all muslims and a lot of non-muslims. And only a handful of people get killed on a population of 300+ million. Anyone who can rationally look at this would say that it is ridiculous to spend hundreds of billions on this. The money isn't stopping anyone even vaguely determined (proven by the examples you yourself have given) and could have been used much better. Doesn't the US have real problems to take care of?

Fury

• Getbig V
What really happens? Okay, so a few people are killed. The US has pissed off most of the world: all muslims and a lot of non-muslims. And only a handful of people get killed on a population of 300+ million. Anyone who can rationally look at this would say that it is ridiculous to spend hundreds of billions on this. The money isn't stopping anyone even vaguely determined (proven by the examples you yourself have given) and could have been used much better. Doesn't the US have real problems to take care of?

You are a retard. I can't take someone seriously when they justify the murders of American citizens because "a few people are killed". This is the islamofascist agenda in full effect right here.

Ask yourself why only a few are killed.  ::)

And your little US "has pissed off the entire world" excuse is just that, an excuse. A tired and old justification for mass murder and terror. The US has been around for a couple hundred years. They have been waging jihad for 1400 now. The US is just the flavor du jour.

But yes, we should just roll over for them. Do you think they would calm down if we rounded up a few thousand people and shot them every year? You know, as a sign of good will? It would be a nice gesture and OK in your eyes.

Interestingly enough, this article has NOTHING to do with the United States and involves two European countries.  ::)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
You are a retard. I can't take someone seriously when they justify the murders of American citizens because "a few people are killed". This is the islamofascist agenda in full effect right here.

Ask yourself why only a few are killed.  ::)
It's a shame that most people cannot look beyond symptoms. Why treat symptoms when you should be looking for a cure? Terrorists, both domestic and foreign, don't just spring into existence. They are created. Don't you ever wonder what creates them? Don't you ever consider removing the cause of terrorism? Why spend billions on surveillance and data mining and checking up on potential Afghani or Pakistani terrorists? Are you aware that there is a cheaper and easier solution? Stop killing innocent men, women and children with predator drones. Stop directly and indirectly interfering in foreign governments. That would be the end of foreign terrorism right there. Doesn't cost a penny, and the positive effect will be instantaneous.

Or do what you have been doing for decades: be directly and indirectly responsible for the deaths of millions, and sit there, wondering like an imbecile, why the people who's families and countries you have devastated hate you. I mean: you only killed their loved ones, why would they get upset about that, right? ::)

Again: if you look at this by the numbers the US should shut the fuck up. It is responsible for millions of deaths in the last few decades, and only a few thousand american civilians have died in return. So again: where is the problem? You are essentially getting away almost scot free with bloody murder. You should be overjoyed.

Also: I can't believe how naive most people are about terrorism. Do you have any idea how ridiculously simple it is to perform a successful terrorist attack? Without even trying I can think of several which can potentially kill thousands, and which I can carry out alone, where I live and with little or no financial resources. Are you saying that all those millions ::) of terrorists out there cannot think of these things too? The simple truth is: there are very few attacks because there are very few terrorists. The US can't even keep tens of millions of Mexicans from crossing its border, and the whole world knows it. Getting a few hundred capable terrorists across there would be a breeze. Yet it is not happening. Why? Not because you spend so much on safety measures, but because there are almost no terrorists. So why spend so much money on something which is nearly nonexistent? Try spending it on education.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
But yes, we should just roll over for them. Do you think they would calm down if we rounded up a few thousand people and shot them every year? You know, as a sign of good will? It would be a nice gesture and OK in your eyes.
Again: start by not killing innocent families and not fucking around with other people's governments. Cheap and effective.

Interestingly enough, this article has NOTHING to do with the United States and involves two European countries.  ::)
I'll give you a hint: I posted here because I happen to be Dutch. But fortunately I don't start panicking whenever someone yells "terrorist!". For all the fucking around we have done to other countries we shouldn't be surprised to have to pay the piper eventually. using the excuse that the US forced us to is just that: an excuse. Our politicians should have grown a pair and said no. But now that we are in this situation, we shouldn't spend ungodly amounts of money to prevent something that is a) unpreventable and b) minor in scale.

Is it worth it to spend tens of billions on useless safety measures to prevent only a few deaths (at most) per year? No, it isn't. Especially not if that money has to come out of eduction, health care, and other essential budgets.

Fury

• Getbig V
It's a shame that most people cannot look beyond symptoms. Why treat symptoms when you should be looking for a cure? Terrorists, both domestic and foreign, don't just spring into existence. They are created. Don't you ever wonder what creates them? Don't you ever consider removing the cause of terrorism? Why spend billions on surveillance and data mining and checking up on potential Afghani or Pakistani terrorists? Are you aware that there is a cheaper and easier solution? Stop killing innocent men, women and children with predator drones. Stop directly and indirectly interfering in foreign governments. That would be the end of foreign terrorism right there. Doesn't cost a penny, and the positive effect will be instantaneous.

Or do what you have been doing for decades: be directly and indirectly responsible for the deaths of millions, and sit there, wondering like an imbecile, why the people who's families and countries you have devastated hate you. I mean: you only killed their loved ones, why would they get upset about that, right? ::)

Again: if you look at this by the numbers the US should shut the fuck up. It is responsible for millions of deaths in the last few decades, and only a few thousand american civilians have died in return. So again: where is the problem? You are essentially getting away almost scot free with bloody murder. You should be overjoyed.

Also: I can't believe how naive most people are about terrorism. Do you have any idea how ridiculously simple it is to perform a successful terrorist attack? Without even trying I can think of several which can potentially kill thousands, and which I can carry out alone, where I live and with little or no financial resources. Are you saying that all those millions ::) of terrorists out there cannot think of these things too? The simple truth is: there are very few attacks because there are very few terrorists. The US can't even keep tens of millions of Mexicans from crossing its border, and the whole world knows it. Getting a few hundred capable terrorists across there would be a breeze. Yet it is not happening. Why? Not because you spend so much on safety measures, but because there are almost no terrorists. So why spend so much money on something which is nearly nonexistent? Try spending it on education.

Hi Jag, this is your third gimmick that you've fallen back on now? Your pathetic justification of this situation and consistent painting of the USA as the bad guy has once again exposed you for the stupid fuck that you are. I'll say it again, Muslims have been waging jihad for 1400 years now. The USA has been around for a fraction of that. Terrorism, oppression, mass murder, child rape, torture and a host of other atrocities have been inflicted upon the dhimmi for centuries now. This is nothing new. What is new is the mass appeasement being carried out by apologist scum helping to push the islamofascist agenda on the free world.

Fact: 270 million (some estimates have it as high as 300-400 million) human beings have been killed by Muslims over the last 1400 years. Yet we're the bad guys.  ::)

And no, it's not as easy for a foreigner to carry out a terrorist attack as you would think. It takes years of planning, a lot of money and a host of other factors falling into the right places. Fortunately, given the fact that Muslims have big mouths and can't keep their plans to themselves, they usually shoot themselves in the foot with the intelligence agencies before their plans come to fruition.

Apologist scum pushing the islamofascist agenda on behalf of the religion of peace(TM) like yourself will be the death of western civilization. Disgusting.

People who can't even acknowledge the fact that the majority of people killed are killed by their fellow Muslims really aren't worth responding to. It's amazing how many people are killed in areas where the USA has no presence and yet morons like you try to push the blame onto us. The 1.5 million killed in Darfur by Muslims over the last 10 years says hello! Funny how situations like that go ignored. ::)

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
Hi Jag, this is your third gimmick that you've fallen back on now? Your pathetic justification of this situation and consistent painting of the USA as the bad guy has once again exposed you for the stupid fuck that you are. I'll say it again, Muslims have been waging jihad for 1400 years now. The USA has been around for a fraction of that. Terrorism, oppression, mass murder, child rape, torture and a host of other atrocities have been inflicted upon the dhimmi for centuries now. This is nothing new. What is new is the mass appeasement being carried out by apologist scum helping to push the islamofascist agenda on the free world.

Fact: 270 million (some estimates have it as high as 300-400 million) human beings have been killed by Muslims over the last 1400 years. Yet we're the bad guys.  ::)

And no, it's not as easy for a foreigner to carry out a terrorist attack as you would think. It takes years of planning, a lot of money and a host of other factors falling into the right places. Fortunately, given the fact that Muslims have big mouths and can't keep their plans to themselves, they usually shoot themselves in the foot with the intelligence agencies before their plans come to fruition.

Apologist scum pushing the islamofascist agenda on behalf of the religion of peace(TM) like yourself will be the death of western civilization. Disgusting.

People who can't even acknowledge the fact that the majority of people killed are killed by their fellow Muslims really aren't worth responding to. It's amazing how many people are killed in areas where the USA has no presence and yet morons like you try to push the blame onto us. The 1.5 million killed in Darfur by Muslims over the last 10 years says hello! Funny how situations like that go ignored. ::)
Let's not forget how they willingly blow up markets and mosques filled with innocent women and children that are also Muslims..They seem to have problems everywhere..the Phillipines, Indonesia, Africa, Russia, Pakistan, India and many other places. Are all those places to blame as well. Why don't the liberal jackass aplogists explain why the Muslims can't get along with people anywhere they happen to be?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Or strapping bombs to dogs.

Fury

• Getbig V
Let's not forget how they willingly blow up markets and mosques filled with innocent women and children that are also Muslims..They seem to have problems everywhere..the Phillipines, Indonesia, Africa, Russia, Pakistan, India and many other places. Are all those places to blame as well. Why don't the liberal jackass aplogists explain why the Muslims can't get along with people anywhere they happen to be?

You're right. They conduct themselves in the same manner in countries where the USA has no presence. 1.5 million killed in Darfur alone over the last 10 years by the Muslim janjaweed. Mass rapes, torture, etc also perpetrated by the janjaweed. Yet it goes ignored because it involves Muslim on black violence.

What bothers me is that my rights are being slowly whittled away by the islamofascists and their apologist army. South Park spent 10+ years attacking Christians, Jews and every minority under the Sun without having their episodes ever censored. Then they finally do an episode on the pedophile Muhammed and any reference to him in the episode was censored. So much for the first amendment. Not only does it say that one, and only one, religion is off-limits, but it also emboldens them to continue down their violent and terroristic path as it shows that they can get what they want with it. Never mind the fact that the same episode had a bit with the Buddha blowing coke lines. Apparently that was OK.

Or in Sweden, where a mob chanting "Allah Akbar" tried to murder a Swedish cartoonist for exercising his right to free speech. So instead of disciplining the students who committed attempted murder, they punish the cartoonist by not inviting him back to finish his lecture. Surprise, surprise, terrorism wins again. There are countless examples of this happening all over the Western world.

10 of the 13 worst violators of religious freedoms are Islamic countries yet the MSM and the apologists turn a blind eye to that. We're supposed to bend over and let them build a mosque right on ground zero while anyone of us would have our head chopped off were we to build a church, synagogue or any other non-Muslim house of worship in countries like Syria, Saudi Arabia, Libya, etc.

It's a disgusting double standard being played by these 24/7/365 victims.  ::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The religion of peace ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Goddamn BF, that was one harsh beatdown...  :D

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
I believe there should be zero tolerance when a group attacks freedom of speech/expression regardless of which group it is.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
I am actually very impressed with Islam.

Never before has a violent death/ suicide cult that follows pedophilia and advocates the murder of innoncent people been able to gain such world wide traction. Now, if only we could get followers of Islam to embrace personal hygine the way they have embraced the ramblings of a sand pirate who rapes little girls, we could at least ensure that the next terrorist who blows up a bus station won't smell like a dead squirrel.

I believe that there is a direct correlation between the rise of Islam and the concurrent fall of deodorant, mouthwash and soap in the Muslim community. As Americans it is our duty to end this tragic decline. Next time you encounter a Muslim, spray him repeatedly with Fabreze and say "Peace be upon you, the smell of the Prophet beggone." If the muslim you sprayed becomes angry or belligerent, reach for your trusty box cutter and paint the map of Hawaii on their chest. Either way, you will have done your part in making the world a better place for your fellow man.  

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
I am actually very impressed with Islam.

Never before has a violent death/ suicide cult that follows pedophilia and advocates the murder of innoncent people been able to gain such world wide traction. Now, if only we could get followers of Islam to embrace personal hygine the way they have embraced the ramblings of a sand pirate who rapes little girls, we could at least ensure that the next terrorist who blows up a bus station won't smell like a dead squirrel.

I believe that there is a direct correlation between the rise of Islam and the concurrent fall of deodorant, mouthwash and soap in the Muslim community. As Americans it is our duty to end this tragic decline. Next time you encounter a Muslim, spray him repeatedly with Fabreze and say "Peace be upon you, the smell of the Prophet beggone." If the muslim you sprayed becomes angry or belligerent, reach for your trusty box cutter and paint the map of Hawaii on their chest. Either way, you will have done your part in making the world a better place for your fellow man.  

LOL....