Author Topic: Some people can eat whatever they want and don't get fat ...  (Read 30920 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: Some people can eat whatever they want and don't get fat ...
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2010, 01:28:48 AM »
Just curious, do you think that its possible to go from performing 60 kg (135 lbs) for 8 reps to 100 kg (225 lbs) for 20 reps in 2 months in the full barbell squat? And yes I know that 1 kilo equals 2.2046 pounds, I'm only showing respect to the europeans :) 

damn dude... 2 months?... 60kg for 8 reps, you mean 8 reps to the limit?

then I would have to say hell no  :P

or are you just busting my balls  :D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2010, 01:34:31 AM »
It wasn't me who did it, I don't train legs ;> But I personally witnessed this progression, and yeah, this dude gained 10 fairly solid kilos within this 2 month time span.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 01:45:42 AM »
It wasn't me who did it, I don't train legs ;> But I personally witnessed this progression, and yeah, this dude gained 10 fairly solid kilos within this 2 month time span.

10kg in 2 months is impossible to be only muscle unless he has taken steroids, and that's not even a bold statement.

going from 60kg 8 reps to 100kg 20 reps is fucking enormous improvement, 40kg more on the bar and over 10 reps more... that even sounds stupid  to have in 2 months :D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2010, 02:02:37 AM »
My best ever gain was 3 kg of bodyweight in 5 weeks, and my bodyfat went down 1% from 12% to 11%, and no steroids were taken. Only creatine monohydrate, and progressive overload ;>

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2010, 02:05:46 AM »
My best ever gain was 3 kg of bodyweight in 5 weeks, and my bodyfat went down 1% from 12% to 11%, and no steroids were taken. Only creatine monohydrate, and progressive overload ;>

well yes but if u say that "the guy" you saw gained 10kg in 2months and got his squat up by 40kg add in addition with 12 reps it's quite stagering.

3kg gain in 5 weeks and droping from 12% to 11% is very normal, since 12% is kinda higher medium bodyfat level, so when you train hard you will lose extra weight while getting some power also.

to get PURE MUSCLE, you are lucky to get 1.5kg in a year.... "in a year"... 2kg at tops in year of pure muscle and that requires shit load of dedication,  no sickness, no inujrie's, etc.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2010, 02:12:29 AM »
Sorry devil, but I don't buy this "its only possible to gain 2 kg of pure muscle in one year" BS.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2010, 02:15:43 AM »
Sorry devil, but I don't buy this "its only possible to gain 2 kg of pure muscle in one year" BS.

well there's plenty of evidence to back it up...

sure I might be 85kg now instead of 77kg if I trained with pyramid sets from the very beginning of my training and not overtrain the living hell out of me, but it's still quite hard.

maby you're right...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2010, 02:23:25 AM »
Don't worry my man, we all make training errors/mistakes. But remember, we don't learn from our successes, we learn from our mistakes.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2010, 02:27:27 AM »
yeah  ;D, we can only go up from here  :P

or we can just roll a fat joint and play counterstrike and be happy  :D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2010, 09:47:40 AM »
Yes I did:

- the fat one ate about 50% more
- calories in / out determine weight

- calcium might help with being able to eat more fat without fully digesting it
- protein and soups can help with satiety
- getting smaller portions / seeing what you ate might make you eat less
- large food variety in front of you might make you eat more

But still:
- "if you're fat you just eat too much"

Well now you did.  ;D What I find most interesting is that it took researchers so long to figure out that macros have a different effect on the body.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
How did the "skinny never can get fat" gene survive throughout history?
A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »
Well now you did.  ;D What I find most interesting is that it took researchers so long to figure out that macros have a different effect on the body.

I've watched it before of course but I'm not sure you did.

The point of the video was that macros do not have a direct effect on weight. Protein can help with satiety (convenience factor), that's all.

That was the main point of the part I posted:
- if you're fat you just eat too much

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2010, 05:01:10 PM »
I've watched it before of course but I'm not sure you did.

The point of the video was that macros do not have a direct effect on weight. Protein can help with satiety (convenience factor), that's all.

That was the main point of the part I posted:
- if you're fat you just eat too much

You are not being specific enough for my taste. I would have said macros do not have a direct effect on body fat content although said either way you are wrong. Refer to the Cal is a Cal thread for a more detailed explanation.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2010, 09:47:58 PM »
Protein help with satiety? Yeah maybe it does, but fat, and in particular saturated fat, helps even more. And carbs hold more water than the other macros. But none of that matters because a calorie is still a calorie :) So what if fats help with satiety, calories in vs. calories out equals gain, loss, or maintaince of bodyweight. But of course you must also take into account activitiy level and metabolism. I guaran-goddamn-tee you if someone who supposedly can't gain weight, just sat around on their ass all day and ate a legit 5000 cals a day, they would gain weight, no doubt about it. And if weight loss is the goal, eat much less calories than usual, but I you can't handle and deal with the hunger, then just take some crystal meth, coz that will take care of your hunger pangs :>

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2010, 11:15:34 PM »
You are not being specific enough for my taste. I would have said macros do not have a direct effect on body fat content although said either way you are wrong. Refer to the Cal is a Cal thread for a more detailed explanation.

I'm not saying I agree 100% with everything said in the video but the only time macros are mentioned in it is with protein helping with satiety. I e.g. don't believe that's necessarily true for everyone, but either way, the main statement of the video is still that calories determine weight.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2010, 11:27:35 PM »
Calories from fat curb satiety. But if one is a he-man, he can eat mostly carbs, and he will still lose weight, as long as his calorie intake is below maintaince levels. Who gives a fuck if you're hungry, just tough it out, or just take some crystal meth :>

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2010, 02:08:29 PM »
these high fat prep guru's would have you believe you don't have to suffer, you don't have to be hungry because the fat and protein fills you up for longer and hence you will eat less, than if on a high carb diet.

however both high carb or fat diets require you to take in very little calories and indeed suffer if you are trying to get to sub 5% bf and/or do cardio non stop while eating more.

the science says both work as a calorie is a calorie, so make your choice based on preference and prepare to suffer.
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2010, 02:16:37 PM »
these high fat prep guru's would have you believe you don't have to suffer, you don't have to be hungry because the fat and protein fills you up for longer and hence you will eat less, than if on a high carb diet.

however both high carb or fat diets require you to take in very little calories and indeed suffer if you are trying to get to sub 5% bf and/or do cardio non stop while eating more.

the science says both work as a calorie is a calorie, so make your choice based on preference and prepare to suffer.

I found a way where I have to suffer very little, but that's different for everyone I think.

And I don't agree that protein and fat in the long run is necesarily more satiating. For some days maybe but then for many people, carb cravings take over. At least that's the case with me.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »
I found a way where I have to suffer very little, but that's different for everyone I think.

And I don't agree that protein and fat in the long run is necesarily more satiating. For some days maybe but then for many people, carb cravings take over. At least that's the case with me.

what way don't you suffer ? you mean by eating a mixed diet ?

i agree about the carb cravings - i have been on high fat / low carb diets and yes no matter how long you are on it, you always crave carbs. the dry bland foods don't help either. not to mention how your strength goes down dramatically. your energy levels are also lower all round. you do feel fuller for longer with the meals though.

on high carb diets/ low fat diets however i have more energy, strength and endurance, but i do still crave fatty foods from time to time.

best way is probably a mix of carbs and fats - that way you get the best of both.

sound familiar wave  ;D

175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2010, 02:40:07 PM »

i agree about the carb cravings - i have been on high fat / low carb diets and yes no matter how long you are on it, you always crave carbs. the dry bland foods don't help either. not to mention how your strength goes down dramatically. your energy levels are also lower all round. you do feel fuller for longer with the meals though.

on high carb diets/ low fat diets however i have more energy, strength and endurance, but i do still crave fatty foods from time to time.

best way is probably a mix of carbs and fats - that way you get the best of both.

sound familiar wave  ;D

Can't remember, did we have this conversation already?

Damn booze ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2010, 02:41:54 PM »

sound familiar wave  ;D

Can't remember, did we have this conversation already?

Damn booze ;D

So booze isn't irrelevant for body composition ?  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »
So booze isn't irrelevant for body composition ?  ;D

only when you get teh munchies ;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2010, 10:05:39 PM »
What y'all think about the minimal level of carb intake for a fat-loss regime? I was taught at my university nutrition courses that the minimal level should be 100 carb grams daily, and I've also seen this suggestion elsewhere. I've tried on a few seperate occasions to keep carb intake at 30 grams daily, but I usually ended up having blurry vision and seeing double, so fvck dat noise! But for me, 100 grams is ok.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2010, 10:42:13 AM »
It increases your metabolism exponentially.. ;D
X2

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2010, 10:45:48 AM »
What y'all think about the minimal level of carb intake for a fat-loss regime? I was taught at my university nutrition courses that the minimal level should be 100 carb grams daily, and I've also seen this suggestion elsewhere. I've tried on a few seperate occasions to keep carb intake at 30 grams daily, but I usually ended up having blurry vision and seeing double, so fvck dat noise! But for me, 100 grams is ok.

All completely 100% irrelevant. Why would they teach a "minimal" carb level?