Author Topic: World Cup - Official Thread  (Read 66493 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: World Cup
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2010, 04:18:10 PM »
veron is still real good, he is old, but he plays real good still in Estudiantes...

palermo, he doesnt do shit at games, but scores goals, maybe Maradona took him cause its his last world cup and he is from Boca, as Diego was, and maybe wants to honor him with that??? but i dont think he is even going to play a lot of minutes during the world cup...

Palermo won't even play a minute , Veron is good for the weak Argentine league that's it , he was horrible in the last world cup .

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2010, 04:21:40 PM »
why is everyone worked up about argentina? ofcourse they have superb players, but they play shit futbal together, they qualified with lots of luck against weaker teams, now they will get best of best teams against, they cant fix that in a couple of months, same goes for france, quarter finals is the highest reach for both these teams now, no doubt about it.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 04:24:27 PM »
Palermo won't even play a minute , Veron is good for the weak Argentine league that's it , he was horrible in the last world cup .

I think veron is one of the best midfielders right now, last cup, argentina in general was shitty... he had estudiantes go from nothing to copa libertadores champions...

the real one missing in there is riquelme... cause of his fight with maradona, he is the one that is "medio gol" on free kicks...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 04:27:25 PM »
I think veron is one of the best midfielders right now, last cup, argentina in general was shitty... he had estudiantes go from nothing to copa libertadores champions...

the real one missing in there is riquelme... cause of his fight with maradona, he is the one that is "medio gol" on free kicks...

Riquelme = pecho frio

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »
Riquelme = pecho frio

lastima que esta viejo ya... we may see the last of him in a few months...  :'( :'(

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »
France???
You Can't Do It!!!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2010, 02:17:04 AM »
Whoa! take it easy...we're not as good as the "golden generation", and yes, lots of individual talent, and collectivelly...well, shit, ok you're right... :'(
truth hurts. But maybe, just maybe, we can do it!
Brazil, Spain, Holland, England, France, Germany all have very good teams. But Spain are a good TEAM. I hope its a good tournament, with not too much fixing, besides helping SA go past the group stage. In other words, not another 2002 sham.
Maradona is not a "manager", hes a legend for inspiration, I doubt he even made many decisions, besides making sure Aguero was on the plane with Messi. Leaving Cambiasso and Zanneti behind are 2 epic fuck-ups or a master stroke of genius...up front theyre a formidable force, with riches & the luxury to choose from the talent!

Like England (my country), Portugal are collectively shit; sorry but it's got to be said. Struggle through qualifiers, but yes they do have pockets of massive talent in their team.

I don't agree the England team is any good, midfield is rather excellent, and Rooney is a beast, but look at the other options in attack and in defense... Teams like Italy, Germany, Brazil can always have shit teams coming into a competition like this, but they always have that added inertia which someone lets them do things.

Maradonna made many decision I think, he was raped in Argentine media and by several Argentine players. But I ask... why the fuck leave Cambi or Zanneti out of ANY squad? I'd pay to have either trained to talk with a London accent and passports forged so they could play for England...

Few  ''PROMISING '' forwards  ;D ? GTFO of here ,Messi,Milito,Tevez ,Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria...................

Torres /Villa  best combo  ::)

Promising yes, that's the word... Fine having big names, but when have they collectively delivered?

When have Torress / Villa delivered? Oh I don't know... maybe by crucifying the competition in the Euroes and going on a massive, unprecidented winning streak.

You know nothing, you see the names on a computer game and think... Wow, noone else compares, look at their statistics on this computer game!

argentina does have the best players, A FEW PROMISING FORWARDS????? TEVEZ, MILITO, HIGUAIN, MESSI, AGUERO AND PALERMO... BRO...

YOU HAVE VERON IN THE MIDDLE, YOU CALL VERON A BAD PLAYER????

ARGENTINA WOULD HAVE A SUPERB TEAM WITH RIQUELME ON IT, HE IS MISSING, ALSO ZANETTI...

You mean individual talents for their domestic teams right? Tell me exactly what formation, and how you would go about stopping Spain raping you if you played all those STIKERS? The Argie team is too forward empthasised, in this day and age it just won't wash against the European teams like Spain, Italy, Germany, even Brazil now considering their emphasis in defense.

Best midfielders? Ha ha, dream on, can you honestly compare him to Lampard, Xavi, Inesta, Kaka etc?

To be honest, from these replies I guess nobody has actually watched a minute of footy on TV this past year and is only going off playing the FIFA computer game...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2010, 02:27:29 AM »
Well, I'm pulling for The Netherlands, but that's because I have Dutch roots, along with German and English roots ;)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2010, 02:34:34 AM »
Riquelme & Veron, unless they pull a major surprise, are done.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2010, 03:55:00 AM »
dont agree, portugal plays very good soccer as a team, very fast and opening holes in defence if they need to, will do very good on the cup, no question bout it.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 03:59:23 AM »
dont agree, portugal plays very good soccer as a team, very fast and opening holes in defence if they need to, will do very good on the cup, no question bout it.

Didn't watch any of their Euro or qualification games I take it then? I think a eye opening statistics is that Ronaldo didn't score in any of their qualification games...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 05:03:19 AM »
since 04, Portugal's form dropped big time. 2006 we got through to semis, playing the worst football ever, and the game against Holland was horrible.
Cristiano hasn't been performing much for us, maybe due to having 3 markers glued to his ass (theguy has to wear pants 3 sizes too big to accomodate the opposition marking him).
Biggest factor is Deco, if Deco plays well, Portugal plays well. Deco hasnt been playing well. Actually, he's hardly played for Chelsea this season.
Carvalho and Pepe suffering with injuries in defense, and until Liedson found out he had a portuguese grandmother or something, we had no striker aside from Almeida.
We just scraped through the qualifiers, and thank-goodness got "seeded", and not drawn with France!
Hope you're right Mariachi, and big things happen.
Simao, Nani, Duda, Danny, Tiago, Veloso, Meireles, Deco, Cristiano, Carvalho, Pepe, Liedson, Coentrao, Miguel, Mendes, these are all names playing in big clubs in decent leagues, or wanted by them. Plus the bench is rich in young talent.

AS A UNIT, LEAVE A LOT TO BE DESIRED....

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 07:07:49 AM »
AS A UNIT, LEAVE A LOT TO BE DESIRED....

Like Argentina... but every expert on Getbig seems to be on their knees sucking off Maradona...

Don't get me wrong, teams often struggle to qualify and excel, but don't be surprised if I'm on here gloating when Argies get owned by a more stable team.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 09:31:58 AM »
Scolari was a good coach for Portugal, but he was lucky to still have the last remaining playing days of Pauleta, Rui Costa & Luis Figo, as well as Nuno Gomes. Those were players that made a team, especially Costa & Figo.

I'm waiting for Mourinho to win everything with Madrid, so he can coach the national side, before he retires in Manchester (blue or red, whoever can afford him). A swansong at Benfica or Chelsea would also please me...

That kind of man-manager, that can control and mould superstars, is what Portugal, Holland & Argentina need.
Mourinho can win Portugal a major tournament.

Brazil, anyone can manage, I can win a WC with Brazil, with the riches of talent (with Capello & Hiddink as my assistants) ! But I would take Gaucho with...

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2010, 10:28:34 AM »
Come on England!!!

we're gonna get drilled tho...dont see us making it past the quarter finals. Losing Ferdinand was a big blow. But we were shit before that happened anyway.

I reckon Spain will win it.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »

Promising yes, that's the word... Fine having big names, but when have they collectively delivered?

When have Torress / Villa delivered? Oh I don't know... maybe by crucifying the competition in the Euroes and going on a massive, unprecidented winning streak.

You know nothing, you see the names on a computer game and think... Wow, noone else compares, look at their statistics on this computer game!

Calm down Nordicsuperfag ,you arguing with me and agreeing at the same time, I said that Spain has a better team , Argentina the better players.

How can you call Messi promising player when he's already the best player in the world  ??? .

PS: I've never played videogames in my life retard

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »
Calm down Nordicsuperfag ,you arguing with me and agreeing at the same time, I said that Spain has a better team , Argentina the better players.

How can you call Messi promising player when he's already the best player in the world  ??? .

PS: I've never played videogames in my life retard

Messi is amazing for Barcelona, he's allowed to show his abilities with a team full of extremely skilled play makers - in fact the best creative midfield in the world at Barca.

For Argentina, when has he delivered? Please tell me oh super-masculine well hung one!

Don't get me wrong, Argies fire on all cylinders and Messi finally shines for them, they will be tough opposition for anyone.

I don't think you understand that domestic league and international performances by great players are often worlds apart. Cristiano is another one, he delivers a little more on the international stage, but again I go back to the fact he personally didn't score for Portugal during their qualification... For Manchester United / Real Madrid... he's been a machine.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

mozza

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »
i've just bought my tickets for brazil vs korea!!!!!!!!

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 05:56:26 AM »
Mexico and Japan will suprise a lot of people but you cant count out the Germans or Spanish

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 06:35:07 AM »
I agree with Nordicsuperman, that Messi & Cristiano havent brought their club & world players of the year forms on the international stage, but even Maradonna didnt shine for Argentina immediately, they both will this tournament, watch!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2010, 07:00:48 AM »
So who won ???

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 01:15:44 AM »
Mexico and Japan will suprise a lot of people but you cant count out the Germans or Spanish

Mexico aren't a bad team really, Japan also are pretty decent, can't believe our English lads won 2 - 1... England aren't going far if they require the opposition to score goals to win!

Germany losing Ballack could be a godsend for them, their manager wouldn't have the gonads to play someone fresh before him, so his injury could open things up for Germany.

I agree with Nordicsuperman, that Messi & Cristiano havent brought their club & world players of the year forms on the international stage, but even Maradonna didnt shine for Argentina immediately, they both will this tournament, watch!

I hope you're right, the last thing everyone wants is for the worlds great talents to be muted in the sports biggest competition.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2010, 03:28:21 AM »
England are gonna fuck up - can't see them getting past the quarter finals. I also predict Rooney to lose his rag again. A lot of people will disagree here but I also think Brazil wil go out in the quarters.

Germany will possibly fluke it to reach the semi-finals even though they've got no midfield or goalkeeper. The same for perhaps Italy, even though their squad is old.

I think South Korea will surprise people - they are a lot better than people give them credit for.

Ultimately, Spain or Argentina for the win for me. In fact, it's Spain's to lose.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 03:35:10 AM »
stain ain't gonna win it. Go Orange! And speaking of flingland, do y'all think that the U S of A will win their 1st match?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 03:39:25 AM »
P.S. Da black man is gonna stomp on argentina dis sat :D