Author Topic: BP well stabilised, oil stopped  (Read 2500 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: BP well stabilised, oil stopped
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 01:29:35 PM »
Off the cost of the US?  I'm not sure you're correct on that, Jag.  Go to itopf.com and check out some of their information.  I'm sure there's more out there, so I'll keep looking and post what I find.   

Sorry Colossus, I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please clarify.
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »
Sorry Colossus, I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please clarify.
Just that the number of major oil spills in the US or off the coast of the US are few and far between.  That website I linked keeps statistics on oil spills.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 02:16:38 PM »
Obama admitted today that we are years away from any alternative types of energy. 

The shills for the magic alternative energy that secretely is supposed to exist in some bunker somewhere are so clueless that they would have us sleep in tents under candles if they could. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »
Just that the number of major oil spills in the US or off the coast of the US are few and far between.  That website I linked keeps statistics on oil spills.

Oh I see. When I said 'us', I mean us as in us (you & I), not US as in the United States.
I would have capitalized it if that were the case. There have been worse oil spills throughout the world,
...this may shape up as having the worst environmental & economical impact if Samson's article is correct that BP's use of a dispersant is only exascerbating the issue and making the environmental impact worse than it has to be.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 02:59:20 PM »
Obama admitted today that we are years away from any alternative types of energy.  

The shills for the magic alternative energy that secretely is supposed to exist in some bunker somewhere are so clueless that they would have us sleep in tents under candles if they could.  

We are only years away, because the proactive steps that should have been taken years ago were not.
Technologies were shelved at the behest of big oil. GM's decision to demolish the electric car is only the small tip of the iceberg. Who knows how much progress would have been made and how effectively and efficiently we could have transitioned to alternatively powered vehicles had GM not stood in the way. Additionally alternative fuels could also have been developed had big oil & OPEC not stood in the way. there are laws against cartels, ...yet for some reason OPEC, and deBoers are allowed to continue. funny how that works huh?

The time to put the condom on is before you have sex, ...not on baby's 1st birthday
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »
I contend that this administration didn't know what to do.  What's more, shouldn't we find it interesting that this oil was GUSHING for over a month without any signs of letting up?  But we don't want to drill for our own oil???  This is the first major oil rig incident over over 31 years.  31 years!  Yet, there are those that say we shouldn't drill. 
fine drill baby drill, but could we at least require them to install a safety shutoff on these fuckers just in case?  Or would that be to much big government ::)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
Don't know where you got the info about the well being stopped, but just heard BP admit the project FAILED. So the well is still leaking
C

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 06:33:25 PM »
Don't know where you got the info about the well being stopped, but just heard BP admit the project FAILED. So the well is still leaking
yea, that's the info today.  They did intially say it worked but I guess that was BS.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »
Are they still drilling relief wells?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
seems simple to me but...

shouldn't these wells be lined with some sorta explosive around them so that when and if something like this happens a quick "boom" and the well collapses in on itself and plugs itself shut
carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 07:43:13 PM »
seems simple to me but...

shouldn't these wells be lined with some sorta explosive around them so that when and if something like this happens a quick "boom" and the well collapses in on itself and plugs itself shut
They have emergency shutoff mechanisms that are installed on many of these kind of wells.  But they didn't install it with this rig.  The cost they saved by not installing the shutoff is approximately equivalent to what it would cost a middle class worker to buy a few grains of rice, almost nothing....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »
Obama hates the white man. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2010, 06:54:30 AM »
They have emergency shutoff mechanisms that are installed on many of these kind of wells.  But they didn't install it with this rig.  The cost they saved by not installing the shutoff is approximately equivalent to what it would cost a middle class worker to buy a few grains of rice, almost nothing....

damn..thankgod we as a family r not BP anymore...

the stories my dad tells me...for example...FOR YEARS....the environmental workers in the DC area and the lawyers that are supposed to be on the side of the environment (notabily ..attorney Harry Storm...famous DC lawyer) have been vacationing all over the world in luxury resorts on BPs dime...BP even has a place on the strip in vegas for such...

back in 2002 my brother and i took a cruise to mexico on BPs dime....
carpe` vaginum!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2010, 08:02:31 AM »
Matt Simmons Tells Bloomberg Only Way To Contain Oil Leak Is With Small Nuclear Bombs, "Top Kill" Is Just A Distraction Submitted by Tyler Durden

In his May 28th interview with Bloomberg's Mark Crumpton and Lori Rothman, Matt Simmons of energy investment bank Simmons & Company, provides some stunning revelations on what is really occurring in the Gulf of Mexico, and proposes that the only effective way to contain the leak is to relieve BP, bring in the military, and do what the Russians have done on comparable occasions, namely explode nuclear weapons within the wellbore. Simmons knows what he is talking about.

As Jim Bianco points out: "Matt Simmons gained fame with his book 2005 Twilight in the Desert where he claimed that the Saudis were overstating their oil output because they hit “peak oil.” Right or wrong Simmons claimed the price of oil was going to skyrocket and three years after the book’s release the crude oil hit $147/Barrel. In January 2009 the WSJ called Simmons one of the five most important voices in the oil industry.

Simmons has been wrong in the past and his views are non-conventional and often correct. Simmons is also highly connected within the oil industry so he knows who to talk to verify his claims." In addition to his radical solution, Simmons also points out that "Top Kill" is a sideshow and the real problem is 5 to 7 miles away, where a second fissure is "releasing a plume the size of Delaware and Maryland combined." If Simmons is indeed right, and the only recourse left to Obama is to nuke the seabed, the repercussions for his already shaky political situation will be tremendous.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2010, 08:07:03 AM »
nuke = turn the ocean floor instantly to glass = no more spillage

but the environmental whining bitches will have a fit
carpe` vaginum!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »
nuke = turn the ocean floor instantly to glass = no more spillage

but the environmental whining bitches will have a fit

A nuclear bomb detonated in the ocean does NOT turn the ocean floor into glass. the procedure for using small nuclear charges was developed by the Russians and its whole goal is to cause a catastrophic collapse in and around the well in hopes of plugging it up. A very  drastic way of dealing with the problem if i must say so myself. I guess in the case of teh Gulf of Mexico it is a choice between the nuke and its radiological fallout or the oil and its chemical fallout....both of which are deadly/toxic/dangerous to everything and everyone in the area.
C

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2010, 10:33:08 AM »
A nuclear bomb detonated in the ocean does NOT turn the ocean floor into glass. the procedure for using small nuclear charges was developed by the Russians and its whole goal is to cause a catastrophic collapse in and around the well in hopes of plugging it up. A very  drastic way of dealing with the problem if i must say so myself. I guess in the case of teh Gulf of Mexico it is a choice between the nuke and its radiological fallout or the oil and its chemical fallout....both of which are deadly/toxic/dangerous to everything and everyone in the area.

well then point at lazer at it....and melt the surrounding material
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »
Did the Russians do it this deep, though.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2010, 11:07:17 AM »
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2010, 11:32:30 AM »
I can just see it now... the military nukes the ocean floor.... and the resulting tsunami devastates and drowns New Orleans again, ...as well as Mississippi, Texas, Florida, Mexico & Cuba. Oy what a mess!

They may as well change the name right now from the Deep Water Horizon to Obama's Waterloo Hell.

I'm glad then Prime Minister Trudeau kicked BP out of Canada in the 70's and nationalized all their gas stations.
w

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »
I can just see it now... the military nukes the ocean floor.... and the resulting tsunami devastates and drowns New Orleans again, ...as well as Mississippi, Texas, Florida, Mexico & Cuba. Oy what a mess!

good gawd judi...nukes dont cause tsunamis...its a simple matter of not enough water displacement....
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »
good gawd judi...nukes dont cause tsunamis...its a simple matter of not enough water displacement....

There's nothing simple when it comes to nukes... especially when it comes to nukes.
When I picture a big explosion under the sea, ...I see giant waves coming ashore.  :-\
w

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
There's nothing simple when it comes to nukes... especially when it comes to nukes.
When I picture a big explosion under the sea, ...I see giant waves coming ashore.  :-\

actually tsunamis are cause by ..like lets say a 10 inch vertical displacement in the sea floor over an area of 500 miles...or something to that effect

as the wave reaches shallower waters it reaches height...in the open ocean..its only a few centimeters high
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »
actually tsunamis are cause by ..like lets say a 10 inch vertical displacement in the sea floor over an area of 500 miles...or something to that effect

as the wave reaches shallower waters it reaches height...in the open ocean..its only a few centimeters high

For the sake of those in the coastal regions of the US, Mexico & Cuba, ...I hope you're right.  :-\
w