Author Topic: Chiefs of Navy, Army, Air Force, and Marines Oppose DADT Repeal  (Read 3632 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Chiefs of Navy, Army, Air Force, and Marines Oppose DADT Repeal
the weekly standard ^ | 5/27/10 | John McCormack

________________________ ________________________ __________________

The heads of the Army, Marines, Air Force, and Navy oppose the current amendment to repeal "don't ask, don't tell." Senator John McCain's office just released letters from the chiefs of the armed services, as well as a statement from the senator urging Congress to let the military complete its study before taking legislative action.

“I cannot over emphasize the importance of completing the comprehensive review prior to taking any legislative action," says McCain. "Our military is currently engaged in two wars and we need to have a true assessment of the impact of repealing ‘Don’t Ask Don’t Tell’ on battlefield effectiveness prior to taking any legislative action. We must remain focused on what is in the best interest of our service men and women and not simply fulfill a campaign promise.”

(Excerpt) Read more at weeklystandard.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _____

Wake up you morons, Barry needs the gullible, cultish, sycophantic LGBT vote and their $ $ $. 

Do you guys think Communist-in-Chief gives a damn about what the military wants?

No!  its about lining up the twinks' wallets for anal rape prior to November. 

and like the gullible fools they are, their wallets, like other other things, will open wide for whatever Barry jams up their asses.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Chiefs of Navy, Army, Air Force, and Marines Oppose DADT Repeal
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »
The interesting part about this is that a number of gays don't seem to be happy about this "compromise" bill, either.

Congress Set for Landmark Vote on Lifting Military Gay Ban

WASHINGTON -- Congress is headed toward landmark votes on whether to allow gays to serve openly in the military.

The House of Representatives was expected to vote as early as Thursday on a proposal by Rep. Patrick Murphy, a Democrat who served in the Iraq war, that would repeal the 1993 law known as "don't ask, don't tell."

The legislation -- a compromise struck with the White House and agreed to by the Defense Department -- would give the military as much time as it wants before lifting the ban.

Under the bill, the president, defense secretary and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff must first certify that the new policy won't hurt the military's ability to fight.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/27/congress-readies-landmark-vote-militarys-gay-ban/?test=latestnews#content

If this is the nuts and bolts of it, the proposal is effectively nothing but a glorified permission slip.

With that being the case, is a repeal (assuming this mess passes) uniform across the DoD board? Or, does each branch get to decide how, when, or IF (the point of angst with the homos) DADT gets repealed within its ranks?

We would conceivably have the Army allow open gays; but the Navy keep DADT. Or the Air Force allow them; but the Marines not.

And, I believe the law (if passed) gets reviewed periodically, as it has to be authorized by the President, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Sec. of Defense. That would mean that, should Obama get chucked from the White House 30 months from now, his replacement might not authorized a repeal.

That would be like the standards for bodyfat. The DoD maximum is 26% (for men). But, that's borderline. The individual branches have lower maxes. In the Navy, it's 22-23% (depending if you're under or over 40%). I believe it's 18% in the Marines. I'm not sure about the Army (it varies based on age, I think; but it ain't higher than 26%). HH6 will know better than I would.

Just as someone who passed Army weight/bodyfat standards may fail Marine weight/bodyfat standards, you could have an Army with open gays and and Navy without them (DADT, still in place).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »
The twinks are being played for fools on this. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »
As if Obama really cares what the branch chiefs think. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »
The twinks are being played for fools on this. 

Not necessarily!! Look at some of these left-winged sites. Then <<upon picking yourself off the floor, after laughing at the abundance of foolishness, posted there>>, you'll see that many are hardly impressed.

As stated earlier, this appears to give the military the authority to decide how (or IF) DADT gets repealed.

We know the left is trying to do something to appease the gays, before tits scheduled woodshed trip in November. That's the driving force for a vote this week.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 11:21:34 AM »
As if Obama really cares what the branch chiefs think. 

Of course, he doesn't care. But, he'll get killed politically, if he tries to poke his chest out and demand a repeal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »
Of course, he doesn't care. But, he'll get killed politically, if he tries to poke his chest out and demand a repeal.

I wonder if he knows he's going to be a one-term president, so he's trying to ram as much down the American people's throats before the gig is up? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
How many gays are there really that thisa affects such that we should upset everyone and everything? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
I wonder if he knows he's going to be a one-term president, so he's trying to ram as much down the American people's throats before the gig is up? 

The gig may be up in 5 months or so. That's another point of angst with the gays about this "compromise". Obama's successor could very easily reverse this mess (assuming it gets passed) and DADT is right back in full swing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30:46 PM »
If this passes then I assume they will all do the honorable thing and resign

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
How many gays are there really that thisa affects such that we should upset everyone and everything? 

I've read that the numbers of gays booted for violated DADT make up less than half a percent of discharges, overall.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:11:57 PM »

the way thats written is deceiving,their apposed to having it go to vote before their study is done they didn't say they were apposed to the repeal

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 01:21:57 PM »
I've read that the numbers of gays booted for violated DADT make up less than half a percent of discharges, overall.

% of all discharges would obviously be very small

how about of % of involuntary discharges

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
The gig may be up in 5 months or so. That's another point of angst with the gays about this "compromise". Obama's successor could very easily reverse this mess (assuming it gets passed) and DADT is right back in full swing.

I haven't been following polls/predictions for the Senate and House.  Do you think there is going to be turnover in one or both? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »
% of all discharges would obviously be very small

how about of % of involuntary discharges
HEEYYYYYYY looky there someone thinking analytically, maybe im getting through?  ;D ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
Id like to hear from HH6 or another military personel....

As obama is deemed "commander and chief" would it be within his power to force the military to repeal DADT even if they didnt want to at that time?

not for nothing but just about everything this administration and congress has done has been underhanded and meant to get around procedure...so if he could technically force them to do so whether they wanted to or not then what the bill says doesnt really matter in regards to when its implemented.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 02:39:38 PM »
HEEYYYYYYY looky there someone thinking analytically, maybe im getting through?  ;D ;)
Full of yourself much?
Just so there's no confusion you're still one of the most scatter brained and confused people on this board … but at least you have the potential to improve…unlike some others on here

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »
Full of yourself much?
Just so there's no confusion you're still one of the most scatter brained and confused people on this board … but at least you have the potential to improve…unlike some others on here
LOL bro i mean this with no disrespect but you are one of the most ignorant ppl ive talked to...not just on topics that would require simple research but on just general train of logical thought and where it leads...

that being said id be interested in the % of involuntary discharges as well I seriously doubt that its big a deal...Repeal of DADT isnt about keeping gays in the military its about letting gays openly serve in the military... ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 10:28:42 PM »

the way thats written is deceiving,their apposed to having it go to vote before their study is done they didn't say they were apposed to the repeal

That's what I thought, the text on the 1st post doesn't say they reject a DADT repeal, more like they warn against making a hurried decision before the matter is examined thoroughly and clear conclusions have been drawn, especially in the current circumstances.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 11:58:14 PM »
The Left will get their cock sucking way on this....because it doesn't affect them and they get to knock the military down a peg. Its ok...most of the assbags pushing this will never walk into a shower and see a dude blowing a dude. We gays in my unit...mostly lesbians, in fact all lesbians....less of a witch hunt for them. Since u can't prove it unless u see it, then they continue to serve.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2010, 05:44:15 AM »
This is all about the twinks opening their wallets to donate $ to the democrats, not about allowing them open their assholes in the baracks. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 06:04:08 AM »
subscribed to read the whiny posts when it passes....
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 06:08:01 AM »
And after this is done, lets see how many twinks rush to join the military.  Not going to happen.  This is a complete fucking joke meant to pander to the gullible niche group of the democrats who happen to send them tons of cash. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 06:15:38 AM »
Can someone please explain to me why this is even an issue?  Don't ask don't tell shouldn't need to be an official policy, it should be a given...

???
S