Author Topic: Celtics vs Lakers  (Read 15913 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Celtics vs Lakers
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »
Another good game.  My observations:

- Davis and Robinson were the difference for Boston on offense.  They carried Boston. 

- Kobe was awful.  He looks hurt.  Not sure what it is.  His seven turnovers were a killer.  I think nearly all of them led to Boston points.  He shot o.k., but he didn't even try getting to the basket for most of the game.  That, in my view, was the difference in the game. 

- The Laker offense was terrible.  Didn't move the ball.  Failed to work the ball inside.

- Pau is a stud.

- Many of the Boston players act like schoolyard punks.  "Big Baby" was literally foaming at the mouth after making a good play.  KG pounding his chest.  Nate Robinson getting a T.  Rasheed crying like a girl every single time a foul is called on him.   ::)

Following the pattern of the Lakers in these playoffs, I think they probably win the next two. 

Good series.

I have met Rasheed numerous times and he comes across as a very strange guy.  :-\ A very talanted individual but acts like a child!! It is nice to see K.G. finally make some key shots. Rondo is still the differnce maker in my opinon.  Looks like Bynum is favoring that Knee.  :)
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2010, 09:37:02 PM »
I have met Rasheed numerous times and he comes across as a very strange guy.  :-\ A very talanted individual but acts like a child!! It is nice to see K.G. finally make some key shots. Rondo is still the differnce maker in my opinon.  Looks like Bynum is favoring that Knee.  :)

Yeah.  Bynum didn't play much. 

Rondo played great D and was responsible for several of Kobe's turnovers. 

KG is still a shell of his former self.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »
Yeah.  Bynum didn't play much. 

KG was a beast while playing ball in Mauldin, S.C. I remember playing in his tournament and good god could he play ball.  :)
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:56 AM »

I first met Rasheed Wallace at BWI airport right before he was drafted #5 by the Washignton Bullets in 1995. He wasn't even a pro yet but he was acting like his shit didn't stink. I walked right up to him and gave him props on a great college career. He didn't even make eye contact with anyone and outright refused to sign any autographs. Acted like a little punk and he was barely 20 years old.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2010, 07:38:05 AM »

I first met Rasheed Wallace at BWI airport right before he was drafted #5 by the Washignton Bullets in 1995. He wasn't even a pro yet but he was acting like his shit didn't stink. I walked right up to him and gave him props on a great college career. He didn't even make eye contact with anyone and outright refused to sign any autographs. Acted like a little punk and he was barely 20 years old.
He still acts like this, the technical foul leader of the NBA great talent no doubt maybe one day he will get over being 10 years old. :D

body88

« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »
Act like you've made a play before.   ::)

You sound rediculous. The Garden was rocking last night...the fans go insane. The players were feeling it. Btw, this guy gets pretty damn fired up and he's a starter:

I can understand bench players like baby getting all fired up when they are having a huge night during a finals game. He's never been there before; never scored 18 points in a HUGE game - hence the excitement. Now Lakers fans are getting on Celts players for being to emotional,lol? Gasol is just as animated as KG and he's always screaming and gyrating after he makes a play. Kobe is a whiner (acts like a baby after a lose at the post game interview, too) and the Lakers have several flopper's, who make me feel like I'm watching a soccer match, not a basketball game. Off the bench, Odem with the tongue -- etc. Shit, Phil Jackson is always crying in the media.

East coasters think the exact same thing about the Lakers player.

In regards to KG being "shell of himself", you understand that he had knee surgery a year ago that takes two full years to heal, right? The guy scored 25 points in game two. Shell or not, the lakers should be worried now that Bynum is donezo, because Odem and Gasol can't do everything.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2010, 08:51:32 AM »
I'm having a real tough time accepting the fact that I'm going for a Boston team :-X :-\

.....Go Ray Allen!

body88

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2010, 09:00:21 AM »
Yeah.  Bynum didn't play much.  

Bynum might have aggravated the injury, which will make him limited and really hurt the Lakers. The Lakers edge thus far has been their length.

Rondo did play great d. He is terrible at the line right now. Rondo poses a problem for the Lakers, because as you know, he is a freak athlete, but also able to get the Celtics going in transition , which the Lakers have had a very hard time defending. His speed of the dribble is an issue for the Lakers right now, also.

KG is getting older and he also is coming back of a pretty series knee injury that has not fully healed. The guy scored 25 points the other night and has made several pivotal plays thus far.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2010, 09:05:01 AM »
I'm having a real tough time accepting the fact that I'm going for a Boston team :-X :-\

.....Go Ray Allen!
Knicks didnt make it man so you got support the east!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »
Knicks didnt make it man so you got support the east!

THE KNICKS.  :o HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am sorry CalvinH!!  :'( :'(
D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
You sound rediculous. The Garden was rocking last night...the fans go insane. The players were feeling it. Btw, this guy gets pretty damn fired up and he's a starter:

I can understand bench players like baby getting all fired up when they are having a huge night during a finals game. He's never been there before; never scored 18 points in a HUGE game - hence the excitement. Now Lakers fans are getting on Celts players for being to emotional,lol? Gasol is just as animated as KG and he's always screaming and gyrating after he makes a play. Kobe is a whiner (acts like a baby after a lose at the post game interview, too) and the Lakers have several flopper's, who make me feel like I'm watching a soccer match, not a basketball game. Off the bench, Odem with the tongue -- etc. Shit, Phil Jackson is always crying in the media.

East coasters think the exact same thing about the Lakers player.

In regards to KG being "shell of himself", you understand that he had knee surgery a year ago that takes two full years to heal, right? The guy scored 25 points in game two. Shell or not, the lakers should be worried now that Bynum is donezo, because Odem and Gasol can't do everything.

Where is the picture of Pau (or any Laker player) foaming at the mouth after making a big play?  I haven't seen that kind of reaction.  Next thing we'll see is a Boston player grabbing his crotch.  

Doc Rivers was crying like a baby after game 3.  Hilarious.  And it worked.  

I don't really care about KG's injury.  If he is a shell because the injury that doesn't change the fact that he's no longer the player he was in 2008 . . . and that Pau was absolutely right about KG losing a step.  

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »
Davis' face looks like someone dropped a 50 pound plate on his nutsack.

Fuckin' drooling mongloid......

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2010, 10:20:53 AM »
Bynum might have aggravated the injury, which will make him limited and really hurt the Lakers. The Lakers edge thus far has been their length.

Rondo did play great d. He is terrible at the line right now. Rondo poses a problem for the Lakers, because as you know, he is a freak athlete, but also able to get the Celtics going in transition , which the Lakers have had a very hard time defending. His speed of the dribble is an issue for the Lakers right now, also.

KG is getting older and he also is coming back of a pretty series knee injury that has not fully healed. The guy scored 25 points the other night and has made several pivotal plays thus far.

Bynum already needs surgery, so I'm not sure he aggravated his torn meniscus.  He's dealing with swelling, which was apparently all the way up his thigh.  If he can play the Lakers have a distinct advantage.  If he can't play the Lakers can still win.  They led most of the game and had a chance to win going into the fourth quarter and Bynum didn't play most of the game.  He was a total non factor. 

Rondo isn't posing that big of a problem.  He's a very good player, but it's not like he's killing LA.

KG is almost like the invisible man.  Like most of the Boston starters.  Very inconsistent. 

The bench play could dictate the outcome, because the Lakers starters are clearly better than Boston's. 

Looking forward to Sunday. 

body88

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2010, 02:03:27 PM »
Agreed, what I meant was the knee is getting worse, and clearly it has become an issue. The reason I said he was the key to the Lakers prior to the series, is the length he adds to an already long team. Part of the reason baby got 18 points last night, and why the Celtics dominated inside, was due to Bynum being ineffective. Also, if Bynum can't play, it forces Odem to play as a starter and that allows Perk to bang with Gasol, pushing him off the "sweet spot". Odem is not a true starter and as Kenny Smith said last night: "without Bynum, the Lakers are the 2008 Lakers"...who will more often than not, ose close "grind it out" type games vs the Celtics.

Ok, so I might have overstated how much Rondo means to this series. I do think he is really hurting the Lakers with the way he is running the point and the transition offense. The lakers have had a problem with this over the whole playoffs. Also, it looked like Kobe was breaking out last night and then Rondo seemed to cool him off.

If you watched Boston all year, you would see that they never have huge performances from multiple starters. Different guys step up and contribute at a high level, while everyone else does their part. Some nights it's Pierce, others it's Allen --etc. KG has made many plays I would call pivotal in this series...not to mention, he put up 25 points on the Llama recently. Not to bad for an invisable man. I think you are being a bit dramatic with your comments.

LA's starters are better than Boston's for the most part. But they are not better as a team, imo. I mentioned Boston's bench being superior, and if Bynum is hobbled, I believe the Celtics now have a clear edge in that department. The lakers bench is not capable of doing what Bostons did last night, imo.

body88

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
Davis' face looks like someone dropped a 50 pound plate on his nutsack.

Fuckin' drooling mongloid......

I find this ironic, since you've spent a lot of time defending Baltimore ravens players over poor behavior.

So you're saying that since a kid who was drafted in the second round, played the game of his life scoring 18 points in the NBA finals, a guy who happened to have some spit on his mouth (while showing a lot of emotion) is a mongoloid? I agree he was a little to pumped up, but come on.

Just saying.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2010, 03:16:24 PM »
Agreed, what I meant was the knee is getting worse, and clearly it has become an issue. The reason I said he was the key to the Lakers prior to the series, is the length he adds to an already long team. Part of the reason baby got 18 points last night, and why the Celtics dominated inside, was due to Bynum being ineffective. Also, if Bynum can't play, it forces Odem to play as a starter and that allows Perk to bang with Gasol, pushing him off the "sweet spot". Odem is not a true starter and as Kenny Smith said last night: "without Bynum, the Lakers are the 2008 Lakers"...who will more often than not, ose close "grind it out" type games vs the Celtics.

Ok, so I might have overstated how much Rondo means to this series. I do think he is really hurting the Lakers with the way he is running the point and the transition offense. The lakers have had a problem with this over the whole playoffs. Also, it looked like Kobe was breaking out last night and then Rondo seemed to cool him off.

If you watched Boston all year, you would see that they never have huge performances from multiple starters. Different guys step up and contribute at a high level, while everyone else does their part. Some nights it's Pierce, others it's Allen --etc. KG has made many plays I would call pivotal in this series...not to mention, he put up 25 points on the Llama recently. Not to bad for an invisable man. I think you are being a bit dramatic with your comments.

LA's starters are better than Boston's for the most part. But they are not better as a team, imo. I mentioned Boston's bench being superior, and if Bynum is hobbled, I believe the Celtics now have a clear edge in that department. The lakers bench is not capable of doing what Bostons did last night, imo.

I agree with most of this.  What "dramatic" comments did I make? 

I don't agree with Kenny Smith.  Without Bynum the Lakers still have Artest, who is a huge improvement over the space cadet Radmanovich on D.  Pierce dominated the Lakers in 08.  He can't do that in this series.   

Not sure I agree Boston is the better team.  I think the Lakers have more talent and play better basketball, for the most part.  I think Boston is a very good team and they can definitely win the series.  Just don't see it happening. 

That said, I defer to you on Boston because you've watched them play a lot more than I have. 

Their best bet is Bynum being unable to play. 

body88

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2010, 08:00:30 PM »
Big win tonight! To me, game five was the pivitol game of this series. This thing is going just how I called it. Celts will lose the next game and win game 7 in LA, imo.

Peirce got all over Artest tonight for 27 and made the play of the game wrestling the ball away from Kobe late. Looks like he wanted it more. It was only a matter of time before Pierce started to put up points on Artest. It looks like Artest is becoming less and less effective against Peirce. KG with 18 and the double-double. He's been very productive as of late. All this talk about him being "done" was premature. Sure, he's slowed down, but he's not "done". 12 out of Allen and 18 out of Rondo. The best game the Celtics have played thus far, outscoring the Lakers in all four q's.

The Lakers don't have the bench depth to cover for Bynum, imo. As mentioned, the Celtics bench is better and when the starters are playing well, it's tough for the Lakers to overcome so many scoring threats.

Kobe "went off" and the Lakers couldent overcome. Thats got to be tough on their confidence. Tony Allen has not gotten enough credit for his defense of Kobe.

Anything can happen, and this thing is certainly not over. The Lakers are very talented. I think the Lakers had their back broken tonight.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2010, 08:05:32 PM »
Big win tonight! To me, game five was the pivitol game off this series. This thing is going just how I called it. Celts will lose the next game and win game 7 in LA, imo.

Peirce got all over Artest tonight for 27 and made the play of the game wrestling the ball away from Kobe late. Looks like he wanted it more. It was only a matter of time before he started to put up points on Artest. It looks like Artest is becoming less and less effective against Peirce. KG with 18 and the double-double. He's been very productive as of late. All this talk about him being "done" was premature. Sure, he's slowed down, but he's not "done". 12 out of Allen and 18 out of Rondo. The best game the Celtics have played thus far, outscoring the Lakers in all four q's.

The Lakers don't have the bench depth to cover for Bynum, imo. As mentioned, the Celtics bench is better and when the starters are playing well, it's tough for the Lakers to overcome so many scoring threats.

Kobe "went off" and the Lakers couldent overcome. Thats got to be tough on their confidence. Tony Allen has not gotten enough credit for his defense of Kobe.

Anything can happen, and this thing is certainly not over. The Lakers are very talented. I think the Lakers had their back broken tonight.
Yep this will go 7 it will be a war in that game

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2010, 02:53:53 AM »

I don't expect kneejerk reactions out of you, Athiest.

Celtics win the last game of this series, loose in LA and win game 7.

Sorry I just can't help but be emotional when it comes to this, I don't know what I enjoyed seeing more, Peyton losing the SB or the Celts beating the Lakers in 08'.

I want the Celts to win this so badly, like I said earlier the anxiety I get from watching the game it too much, esp game 5! they couldn't score points in the last 3 mins to save their life! it was killing me. It seems alot harder than it did in 08'.

I wish KG wouldn't shoot the ball at all, just get boards and play D, he has to be below 50%.
And I hope your wrong, is like to see the Celts win game 6, don't let it go to game 7. it would be nice to see the Celts celebrate in staples!! again. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2010, 06:41:18 AM »
I find this ironic, since you've spent a lot of time defending Baltimore ravens players over poor behavior.

So you're saying that since a kid who was drafted in the second round, played the game of his life scoring 18 points in the NBA finals, a guy who happened to have some spit on his mouth (while showing a lot of emotion) is a mongoloid? I agree he was a little to pumped up, but come on.

Just saying.

Well, I guess my attempt at humor warranted your customary defensive response. I was just joking. Besides, It wasn't just spit. It was a long glob of drool hanging from his mouth while screaming like a retarded banshee. I thought it was funny and pretty gross to look at, too. Apparently, ESPN and ABC felt the same way because they decided to edit the 6 inch drool out during replays.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2010, 09:20:47 AM »
Come on guys...keep it light..

Were all just a bit uptight because we are going through football withdrawl....when the season comes around we will be fine

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2010, 09:26:01 AM »
Come on guys...keep it light..

Were all just a bit uptight because we are going through football withdrawl....when the season comes around we will be fine

True!  I do need to see the Celtics dancing on the Lakers floor though.  8)
D

body88

« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »
Well, I guess my attempt at humor warranted your customary defensive response. I was just joking. Besides, It wasn't just spit. It was a long glob of drool hanging from his mouth while screaming like a retarded banshee. I thought it was funny and pretty gross to look at, too. Apparently, ESPN and ABC felt the same way because they decided to edit the 6 inch drool out during replays.

Sorry dude, I didn't know you were joking, and even if you weren't, I was just offering up some spirited debate.

No problem.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »

Sorry dude, I didn't know you were joking, and even if you weren't, I was just offering up some spirited debate.

No problem.

No sweat. Imagine how happy you'll be when the Celtics win it! Didn't I say they would get crushed? I stand corrected.

Throughout the entire regular season the Celtics had trouble closing teams out in the fourth quarter. But the way they've played in the playoffs has been nothing short of remarkable.

by the way, that reverse layup that Rondo put up with the sick english was exactly that.......sick! If Rondo can develop a consistent outside shot and shoot 80% free throws, he's capable of putting up Magic Johnson-like numbers.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2010, 03:07:53 PM »
Can the Celts close it out tonight?