Author Topic: Back Pain  (Read 10187 times)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
Re: Back Pain
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »
Just go see a physical therapist right away.  Backs are nothing to mess with. I only have 75% function in one of my calves because of ignorance, more or less.  Get on it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
Response to the first post, if the pain is not in the middle/lower lumbar chances are it could be be just a QL strain providing its either on the left or side of the lower lumbar. If that's the case, rest, ice and ibuprofin. Didn't read through all of the posts so if this was already addressed, sorry.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 02:44:12 AM »
Tbh, Coach, I think at his age he's gone past the rest, ice and brufin stage. A do not resuscitate order is probably the kindest thing.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 02:55:25 AM »
Tbh, Coach, I think at his age he's gone past the rest, ice and brufin stage. A do no resuscitate order is probably the kindest thing.
Let's add a Nil by Mouth, too.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 03:07:23 AM »
PIP, Tapeworm.

There will be no more backpain where you are going, big man.

*sniffs and wipes eyes*

Oh, it's getting dusty in here.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 10:22:33 AM »
Just go see a physical therapist right away.  Backs are nothing to mess with. I only have 75% function in one of my calves because of ignorance, more or less.  Get on it.

I was just praising Australia to the rafters in another thread, but there are some things that piss me right off.  Saturday?  Closed.  Sunday?  Closed.  Tomorrow Monday?  Holiday.  Closed.  Fuckin' slackers.

Some inversion has worked wonders but if I've got any doubts on Tuesday I'll knock off work early and get in.

Response to the first post, if the pain is not in the middle/lower lumbar chances are it could be be just a QL strain providing its either on the left or side of the lower lumbar. If that's the case, rest, ice and ibuprofin. Didn't read through all of the posts so if this was already addressed, sorry.

Thanks Coach.

Haven't used any ice but rest & painkillers were done & done.  After some inverted stretching tho, feeling much much better.  The peculiar thing is that it was fine for a week and then came back painful with no real reason why.  Could be facing a strain as well as compression issues tho, since it's not like I've been magically cured completely, so I won't consider myself out of the woods for at least a few weeks.

Tbh, Coach, I think at his age he's gone past the rest, ice and brufin stage. A do not resuscitate order is probably the kindest thing.

[WHAP strikes with cane]

Now fetch me my strained peas!

Let's add a Nil by Mouth, too.

And my suppositories.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 11:19:57 AM »
One more suggestion, and i know it sounds very odd, but try sleeping with a pillow between your knees, if you sleep on your side.  A lot of back injuries linger because of bad posture when we sleep.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 11:24:42 AM »
One more suggestion, and i know it sounds very odd, but try sleeping with a pillow between your knees, if you sleep on your side.  A lot of back injuries linger because of bad posture when we sleep.

You mean my hyooge quads are making trouble?  :D

It occured to me that I might have slept on it wrong since the hurt came back a week later out of nowhere.  I'll give it a shot.  Thanks Show.

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 06:30:47 PM »
If you have problems again you might want to check out Prolotherapy. I went to a chiro at least 70x after a car accident. It would only relieve pain temporarily. Then I tried Prolotherapy. Felt a lot better after the 1st treatment and ended up only having 3 treatments over a year period.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2010, 01:56:26 AM »
If you have problems again you might want to check out Prolotherapy. I went to a chiro at least 70x after a car accident. It would only relieve pain temporarily. Then I tried Prolotherapy. Felt a lot better after the 1st treatment and ended up only having 3 treatments over a year period.

Just read up on it.  Thanks Stew!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:06 AM »
Just read up on it.  Thanks Stew!

Have you got enough sympathy yet ???

;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 07:54:58 AM »

Have you got enough sympathy yet ???

;D

I need!!  I need!!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 08:07:22 AM »
I squatted too heavy about 2 weeks ago.  Got 2 reps and hung it up.  Nothing went pop, no pain during the squat.

The next couple days my lower back was aching, then it went away.  Squatted light and again had serious pain in the lower back the next couple days.  Pain went away.

Now I haven't squatted or deadlifted but the pain is there again, came back on its own a week later.  Wtf.  Feels like I'm a little hunched forward.  Can't arch my back without shooting pain (just tried to lie down to bench and gave up).  Going through a squatting movement is wicked painful.  Can't walk without occasional shooting pain.  Doesn't feel like the spine tho, more like I've just got really tight muscles.  Stretching seems to help for about 30 seconds before everything tightens up again.  Strain or pull maybe?

Yes, I'll go to the doctor if it persists.  What say the doctors of Getbig?

(epic 10,000th post)

Tape just read this.  Exactly what happened to me back in 1983.  But my lower back did pop.  I remember sitting on the bench and nothing hurt .  I went to the front desk and told the guy what happened and said I have no idea what happened but I am going home.  At the time I lived about two miles from the gym and I walked.  Well about less than a block from my house I literally curled up and went to the ground right in the middle of the sidewalk.  I was there for about 10 minutes or so and could not move.  A friend of mine so happened to be walking by saw me and asked me what was wrong.  I told him and he helped me to my room.  Well I was stuck in my apartment for several hours and finally got up enough power to drive myself to a medical clinic in Manhattan Beach.  I didn't want to go to the hospital.  Well they told me what happened and that I need to get an operation or it would continue to hurt.  I went to a rehab clinic and did therapy for a few months.  The girl that helped me ended up being my girlfriend and later the mother of my two daughters.  Anyway for the next two years I wore a back brace as much as possible and two of those TENS units to shoot electricity up and down my spine.  At the same time I hurt my back my hurts his in the same place.  he had an operation and three months later it happened again.  so I am happy I did no operation.  But, my lower back goes out every once in a while and it hurts unreal.  I have collapsed in an elevator before.  And I tell everyone I just have a hurt back.  It has happened in the middle of a store where I just end up on the floor with people walking around me.  Now that happened in many years.  Now that I have such a big belly though it makes it hurt.  not so much pain but more uncomfortable.  anyway whenever you hurt your lower back it is there forever.  Sorry man
No Worries 4 me

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »
Tape just read this.  Exactly what happened to me back in 1983.  But my lower back did pop.  I remember sitting on the bench and nothing hurt .  I went to the front desk and told the guy what happened and said I have no idea what happened but I am going home.  At the time I lived about two miles from the gym and I walked.  Well about less than a block from my house I literally curled up and went to the ground right in the middle of the sidewalk.  I was there for about 10 minutes or so and could not move.  A friend of mine so happened to be walking by saw me and asked me what was wrong.  I told him and he helped me to my room.  Well I was stuck in my apartment for several hours and finally got up enough power to drive myself to a medical clinic in Manhattan Beach.  I didn't want to go to the hospital.  Well they told me what happened and that I need to get an operation or it would continue to hurt.  I went to a rehab clinic and did therapy for a few months.  The girl that helped me ended up being my girlfriend and later the mother of my two daughters.  Anyway for the next two years I wore a back brace as much as possible and two of those TENS units to shoot electricity up and down my spine.  At the same time I hurt my back my hurts his in the same place.  he had an operation and three months later it happened again.  so I am happy I did no operation.  But, my lower back goes out every once in a while and it hurts unreal.  I have collapsed in an elevator before.  And I tell everyone I just have a hurt back.  It has happened in the middle of a store where I just end up on the floor with people walking around me.  Now that happened in many years.  Now that I have such a big belly though it makes it hurt.  not so much pain but more uncomfortable.  anyway whenever you hurt your lower back it is there forever.  Sorry man

I think I'd rather just find a nice woman and settle down, but damn bro if that's what it takes.  Props for scoring even while in an injured state!  ;D

That sounds like a bad one, Keith.  Not sure if I did a fresh injury or just inflamed an existing problem but it wasn't bad enough to put me down, thankfully.  Definitely don't want to make things any worse so I'm considering quitting back squats for good.  No matter what you won't find me acting like there's no danger of injury.  If I lose my back I'll lose my work, so it's just not worth it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2010, 01:46:23 PM »
I squatted too heavy about 2 weeks ago.  Got 2 reps and hung it up.  Nothing went pop, no pain during the squat.

The next couple days my lower back was aching, then it went away.  Squatted light and again had serious pain in the lower back the next couple days.  Pain went away.

Now I haven't squatted or deadlifted but the pain is there again, came back on its own a week later.  Wtf.  Feels like I'm a little hunched forward.  Can't arch my back without shooting pain (just tried to lie down to bench and gave up).  Going through a squatting movement is wicked painful.  Can't walk without occasional shooting pain.  Doesn't feel like the spine tho, more like I've just got really tight muscles.  Stretching seems to help for about 30 seconds before everything tightens up again.  Strain or pull maybe?

Yes, I'll go to the doctor if it persists.  What say the doctors of Getbig?

(epic 10,000th post)
get a pair of inversion boots and just hang around for a while if this don't help your screwed.
F

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
get a pair of inversion boots and just hang around for a while if this don't help your screwed.

I'm definitely a fan of inversion sessions.  Did some lying on an angled plank and it helped a lot.  Going to check out an inversion table today.  The boots are cheaper and probably provide more exercise options in the long run, and even sound more comfortable from the reviews I've read, but since it's for treating an injury I want something that will get me upright with a minimum of strain. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2010, 02:06:57 PM »
I'm definitely a fan of inversion sessions.  Did some lying on an angled plank and it helped a lot.  Going to check out an inversion table today.  The boots are cheaper and probably provide more exercise options in the long run, and even sound more comfortable from the reviews I've read, but since it's for treating an injury I want something that will get me upright with a minimum of strain. 

after  you hop[efully get relief  i'd switch to doing front squats you  have to use less weight and they work your thighs from different angles, it's like a progression when you can't do regular squats you switch to front squats than the next best thing is squatting with two dumbells than back supported hack squats or laying leg presses. and finally  when you reach old age your happy to just get sets with leg ext and leg curls.
F

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »
after  you hop[efully get relief  i'd switch to doing front squats you  have to use less weight and they work your thighs from different angles, it's like a progression when you can't do regular squats you switch to front squats than the next best thing is squatting with two dumbells than back supported hack squats or laying leg presses. and finally  when you reach old age your happy to just get sets with leg ext and leg curls.

I've got a leg press on a multistation although you can't get much on it.  Did 5 x 30, extensions, and calves.  All lactic acid!  :D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
I've got a leg press on a multistation although you can't get much on it.  Did 5 x 30, extensions, and calves.  All lactic acid!  :D
lactic acid will kill you, watch that stuff man.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 05:20:46 PM »
lactic acid will kill you, watch that stuff man.

Richard Simmons told me to feel the burn.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »
Richard Simmons told me to feel the burn.
Is Richard still around sweating to the oldies, he was my first inspiration to get started with exercise. I wanted to have a semi chubby body with some old ladies hanging around sweating, then I discovered he was gay so I turned away.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »
Is Richard still around sweating to the oldies, he was my first inspiration to get started with exercise. I wanted to have a semi chubby body with some old ladies hanging around sweating, then I discovered he was gay so I turned away.

Lol.  I couldn't say.  We don't really talk much since I told him Dave Letterman would be nice to him.  :D

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2010, 07:39:09 PM »
A quack and 3 slanty eyed prostitutes with narrow hips and mysterious bulges in their bikinis?  
lol says the guy looking for medical advice on getbig ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2010, 07:42:50 PM »
lol says the guy looking for medical advice on getbig ::)

Even so, a bit of bodyweight traction helped a lot.  Stands to reason that lifters would have experience with this.  It's not like anyone told me to get naked on the roof and chew an onion.