Author Topic: A strong fatass, or small and lean? What's better?  (Read 43667 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: A strong fatass, or small and lean? What's better?
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2010, 04:40:39 PM »
I think he is insinuating that a truly difficult workout should not be fun. Ya know, hardcore like Branch Warren  ::)

oh I see one of those types...haha...oh brother...
DAWG

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »
I agree with L dawg anybody that has worked out for a good amount of time has to enjoy working out...most of us spend anywhere from 3-6 hours a week in the gym generally busting our asses...thats more work than im willing to do purely to make myself look better to someone else Im not saying that its not a factor in why I work out but its not the driving one.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »
yes, they lack being a millionaire, lol. And since bbing doesnt make you $hit, specially if you compound the harms in your health as a cost, what do you got left?

Dude, the same thing can be said about any amateur competitor that doesn't make millions, you moron. People play amateur football to win a fucking trophy. No difference. Maybe they want that trophy to replace something in their lives that is lacking.

The way I bodybuild is not unhealthy. I train right, eat right, don't do drugs, etc. Heck, the amateur football player is probably putting his  health more at risk than I am.

What does the amateur football player have left? A plastic trophy and joint problems.  ::) ::)
X

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 04:45:47 PM »
I agree with L dawg anybody that has worked out for a good amount of time has to enjoy working out...most of us spend anywhere from 3-6 hours a week in the gym generally busting our asses...thats more work than im willing to do purely to make myself look better to someone else Im not saying that its not a factor in why I work out but its not the driving one.

Exactly...I could care less about being a bodybuilder or a power lifter so whats left?...A person that simply likes to look and feel better and enjoys lifting weights...simple as that...
DAWG

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 04:46:42 PM »
Dude, the same thing can be said about any amateur competitor that doesn't make millions, you moron. People play amateur football to win a fucking trophy. No difference. Maybe they want that trophy to replace something in their lives that is lacking.

The way I bodybuild is not unhealthy. I train right, eat right, don't do drugs, etc. Heck, the amateur football player is probably putting his  health more at risk than I am.
X2 Everything isnt all about money.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 04:47:59 PM »
I couldn't give a dog dick less if anyone knows I weightlift. I do it all for myself. I love being able to run up several flights of stairs without huffing and puffing. My face is tight, abs show well, and I do look like I workout. Without a shirt I look great. I'm still stronger than almost anyone who doesn't go to a gym regularly, and many that do too. That being said, people that are fatter and stronger are cool too though. I don't see why one must take a side here.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 04:51:42 PM »
If they are not doing it for the dough, they are after something that lacks in their lives. Is it that hard to understand?? The differnece with "amateur bodybuilding" is that the vast majority that does that are lacking height or hair, lol.

Great, than the same thing can be said about ANYTHING in our lives. Whether its an occupation, a hobby, a person we date, etc. We all engage in activities and relationships that will benefit our lives in some productive manner.

What's your point? Everyone does something for a different reason. You don't know the reasons unless you know the person.

X

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 04:52:19 PM »
Monster generalizations.

why is it that small guys always label big guys....Insecure Meatheads ??

I'm in the gym 5 days a week for about an hour doing the same shit as the little guy. Because i grow and he doesn't means i'm an insecure loser ??
Nah that's  because your 44 and have no kids and still care about and trying impress kids with your greatness in the gym.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 04:59:34 PM »
 I just don't think that really bulky and soft powerlifter look looks good.

And I don't understand why guys strive to look like that.

I'd rather look like Van Damme, Bruce Lee, a ripped boxer than a powerlifter or NFL player.

I've got buddies who are powerlifter huge, and the women don't dig it, and they can't play sports well with all that extra bodyweight. I wouldn't wanna trade places with them.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2010, 05:01:52 PM »

I'd rather look like Van Damme, Bruce Lee, a ripped boxer than a powerlifter or NFL player.

I've got buddies who are powerlifter huge, and the women don't dig it, and they can't play sports well with all that extra bodyweight. I wouldn't wanna trade places with them.

translation...I've tried to getbig my whole life and failed so I down others because of it...
DAWG

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2010, 05:06:29 PM »

to each their own, they probably dont want to trade positions with you and be a twink either  ;)

women dig all types broham doesnt matter what you look like and there are plenty that dig big dudes...mostly girls dig the skinny twink look and women dig the bulky look in my experience.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »
translation...I've tried to getbig my whole life and failed so I down others because of it...

I can get big. When I eat a lot and lift hard I grow very well and the pounds add on every month. I'm not a genetic freak but my genetics are not crap. I've never wanted to be huge though. I've always just wanted to be lean and vascular.

I'm not downing anyone for getting big. I'm just discussing, telling my opinion and seeing what people think.

Seriously, what's good about being huge?

On the bad side, you can't play sports well, you feel like crap, you're inflexible, you gotta eat lots of food to maintain, it's unhealthy for your body.....

On the good side, you are big and strong, and....and.....?

I'm just wondering why some of yall want to get huge. I don't see what's good about it. I think it's mostly just some macho complex. Am I wrong?

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
to each their own, they probably dont want to trade positions with you and be a twink either  ;)

women dig all types broham doesnt matter what you look like and there are plenty that dig big dudes...mostly girls dig the skinny twink look and women dig the bulky look in my experience.

Good response. I got nothing against anyone or what they wanna look like.

I just seriously think being huge is and unhealthy way to be. It feels bad, it's unhealthy, and it's not as good for physical activity.

If you go beyond just looks and appearances, being big seems like it's all bad news.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »
See being big - The compliments do feel nice. I would say that whilst I enjoy them I do not crave or feed off them.

People give me respect I do not deserve simply because I am big - granted these people are the type of people I do not associate with. my closest friends actually rarely comment on my size at all.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »
Good response. I got nothing against anyone or what they wanna look like.

I just seriously think being huge is and unhealthy way to be. It feels bad, it's unhealthy, and it's not as good for physical activity.

If you go beyond just looks and appearances, being big seems like it's all bad news.
whats your definition of big? there are plenty of big athletes...

what makes you think you cant be big and vascular? what are your stats sekki? height, weight, body fat%

I agree about the health issue, but on everything else youre wrong on...im much more flexible than my friends who dont lift, ive played sports almost my entire life quite succesfully i might add

but iono if i meet your definition of big...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »
Regarding the women opinions, I feel that they DO enjoy a muscular (or at least get curious about them), but ONLY IF you can get past their prejudging and manage to show them you are a inteligent secure man and, even more importantly, dont dress like a clown.
that can be said for any guy regardless of build...

I will say that I think alot of girls(not women) are intimidated by a big muscular guy for whatever reason

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »
whats your definition of big? there are plenty of big athletes...

what makes you think you cant be big and vascular? what are your stats sekki? height, weight, body fat%

I agree about the health issue, but on everything else youre wrong on...im much more flexible than my friends who dont lift, ive played sports almost my entire life quite succesfully i might add

but iono if i meet your definition of big...

When I say big I guess i'm usually talking about over 200 or 210 pounds, depends on the height though.

Big and vascular, without drugs? I almost never see it. Usually when a guy is big and vascular he is doing a balancing act of drugs and an extreme diet.

Right now I am 5'7, 172. I don't know what my bf is. It's pretty low but my midsection is a little bit soft. I'm gonna cut down to about 160.

I'm happy with my size and how much muscle mass I have. Now I just wanna get really cut and in shape.

I'm into bicycling, yoga, rock climbing, and I'm gonna start taking some martial arts classes like Kung Fu or Karate, so I have no interest in getting huge. I want to be an athletic machine.

Yesterday I rode my bicycle to a rock wall that's 5 miles from my place. Did rock climbing on it for an hour, then rode back home. If I was 250 pounds would I be able to do that?

I don't really care that much about what women are attracted to. It's more about being athletic.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 05:33:35 PM »
When I say big I guess i'm usually talking about over 200 or 210 pounds, depends on the height though.

Big and vascular, without drugs? I almost never see it. Usually when a guy is big and vascular he is doing a balancing act of drugs and an extreme diet.

Right now I am 5'7, 172. I don't know what my bf is. It's pretty low but my midsection is a little bit soft. I'm gonna cut down to about 160.

I'm happy with my size and how much muscle mass I have. Now I just wanna get really cut and in shape.

I'm into bicycling, yoga, rock climbing, and I'm gonna start taking some martial arts classes like Kung Fu or Karate, so I have no interest in getting huge. I want to be an athletic machine.

Yesterday I rode my bicycle to a rock wall that's 5 miles from my place. Did rock climbing on it for an hour, then rode back home. If I was 250 pounds would I be able to do that?

I don't really care that much about what women are attracted to. It's more about being athletic.
dude if you were 6 foot plus you would probably be easily over 200 lbs and would still have an athletic look youre short like me so we can look like we carry a decent amount of muscle and not weigh that much

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »
Yea but the point is that if you are big and muscular they put a prejudging barrier against you and, up do that point, your muscles score negative points for you in their minds. Once you brake that barrier (which most muscle hedz cant) the game gets pretty interesting since girls get curious about something only you have.

But in the end, muscles works much more like a gay magnet than a chick magnet, you just cant deny that.
youve been hanging around bbing boards and competitions to much broham

plenty of women dig big muscles and having them maybe a negative for some but its a positive for others so get in where you fit in and quit worrying about what others think...

my muscles work more as a chick magnet than a gay magnet but then again maybe there is just something about you or the way you present yourself that attracts gays, clothing perhaps?... :-X

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2010, 05:39:48 PM »
lean @ 210 - 230 is where its at..best of both worlds.. you just need gear but who cares  :D

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »
youve been hanging around bbing boards and competitions to much broham

plenty of women dig big muscles and having them maybe a negative for some but its a positive for others so get in where you fit in and quit worrying about what others think...

my muscles work more as a chick magnet than a gay magnet but then again maybe there is just something about you or the way you present yourself that attracts gays, clothing perhaps?... :-X

Back when I was only 135 pounds and totally shredded I got complimented on my looks all the time and it was straight up pussy magnet. People always asked me if I model and shit like that.

Now i'm a softer 172 and the women just aren't digging it as much. It's like i'm just normal and mediocre. Nothing special.

The wow factor of being ripped is very important if you want to impress skanks with your body.

I'm getting older though, and the women are more impressed by my job, bank account and social status these days.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:38 PM »
Bro, if you actually hanged around with girls you would know that most of them just dont give a shit if you are buff or not, they just care about  a pretty face and cars, houses of other symbols of wealth. Newsflash: the only group who goes ape shit for a muscular hunk the masculine homossexuals. Ask any muscular male prostitute what "gender" represents the majority of his clientele.
agreed, but if you actually hung around WOMEN...NOT GIRLS youd actually know that they tend to dig muscular men

that being said both girls and women value money, no suprise there...

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
I love all these 'guys' who have convinced themselves that females dont like muscles. ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2010, 05:49:15 PM »
See being big - The compliments do feel nice. I would say that whilst I enjoy them I do not crave or feed off them.

People give me respect I do not deserve simply because I am big - granted these people are the type of people I do not associate with. my closest friends actually rarely comment on my size at all.
same

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2010, 05:50:43 PM »
Yea but the point is that if you are big and muscular they put a prejudging barrier against you and, up do that point, your muscles score negative points for you in their minds. Once you brake that barrier (which most muscle hedz cant) the game gets pretty interesting since girls get curious about something only you have.

But in the end, muscles works much more like a gay magnet than a chick magnet, you just cant deny that.
A few yrs back where I used to work, really muscular and lean black dude came in. About 6'1, clean cut. After he left, I asked I woman I work with what she thought of him. She said, "oh those muscles are so unattractive, and he thinks he's some sort of Adonis..." thing is, she never talked to him, I had helped him with something, and dude was humble and cool as hell, and he was a attorney and took the day off. Had he been in a suit and tie, she wouldn't have said that...