Author Topic: Cop gets murdered by hillbilly video on youtube (police car front camera video)  (Read 51121 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Sad, the officer was only 22 and had a wife and kid, the hillbilly was a Vietnam Vet, the officer should have shot him the minute he went for his gun, the final shot you hear the guy executed him, shooting him in the head

Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller
Laurens County Sheriff's Office
Georgia
End of Watch: Monday, January 12, 1998

Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 4 years
Badge Number: 37

Incident Details
Cause of Death: Gunfire
Date of Incident: Monday, January 12, 1998
Weapon Used: Rifle; .30 caliber
Suspect Info: Sentenced to death

Deputy Kyle Dinkheller was shot and killed after pulling over a man on a rural road about 6 miles north of Dublin, Georgia. During the traffic stop he called in for backup. Before the backup arrived he was shot by the man with a rifle. He was able to return fire, striking the suspect in the stomach. The suspect was found during a search the next morning and taken into custody.

The entire incident was videotaped by a camera in Deputy Dinkheller's patrol car. On January 28, 2000, the suspect was found guilty of murder and was sentenced to death two days later.

Deputy Dinkheller is survived by his expectant wife and 22-month-old daughter. Deputy Dinkheller's son was born in early September 1998

http://www.odmp.org/officer/15034-deputy-kyle-wayne-dinkheller

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
This clip angers me!  >:(

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Dublin = central Georgia = no hills = not a hillbilly.

Guy was white trash......it would not have taken a hillbilly that many shots.  Hope the guy gets beat to death with a mop handle in prison.

Stark

• Getbig V
yeah we posted that on apacheclips a while back, the background story has a little more to it, the guy who shot the police officer was a vietnam vet who was
very screwed up.
Not that this is an excuse in any way or form but it needs to be mentioned.

Some of my mods on my page are Vietnam Vets and especially one Moderator is extremly screwed up PTSD and all, it went as far as that he dropped of the radar for a few month and he has a lot of members really care about him so they tracked him down and send im a letter since he wouldn't answer the phone, he came back and said he was
ready to kill himself and all.
A lot of vets have the feeling (and I have heard this a lot) that the state is not looking after them, they are valuble to the government as long as they are active members of the defense force but when they have to battle with their demons and PTSD they are not being looked after as much as they should be.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
yeah we posted that on apacheclips a while back, the background story has a little more to it, the guy who shot the police officer was a vietnam vet who was
very screwed up.
Not that this is an excuse in any way or form but it needs to be mentioned.

Some of my mods on my page are Vietnam Vets and especially one Moderator is extremly screwed up PTSD and all, it went as far as that he dropped of the radar for a few month and he has a lot of members really care about him so they tracked him down and send im a letter since he wouldn't answer the phone, he came back and said he was
ready to kill himself and all.
A lot of vets have the feeling (and I have heard this a lot) that the state is not looking after them, they are valuble to the government as long as they are active members of the defense force but when they have to battle with their demons and PTSD they are not being looked after as much as they should be.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
didnt watch this one

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
The first time I saw this I was high as balls. It was super intense. Really sad the way he screams before he's killed  :(

Really though seeing this again, this idiot cop should have blew that fuckers brains out the second he saw the gun. "Put the gun down now" Rabble rabble. He could have been kickin around to this day had he pulled his balls out of his purse and shot that old bastard.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
perfect example why I love it when a cop fucks with assholes.  What other job can you think of that all day you got to be around assholes and low lifes.  The only time someone wants a cop is when something is wrong. 
No Worries 4 me

newmom

WOW, breaks my heart. What is even scarier, is it appears, maybe its just me that there was a passenger, or could be a dog. If in fact a passenger, then why the fuck did they let this happen.

My heart goes out to the deputies family

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Clips like this get shown at show ups, or roll calls at police departments in the hopes that it will sink in to some of the officers that this very day they may have to take someones life and they need to be honest with themselves and determine if they can do it or not. This officer may have never really thought it could happen to him and mentally prepared himself to pull the trigger. Being in the same line of work, it's unfathomable to me that he didn't react much sooner. Unfortunatley he discovered too late he might be in the wrong career field.  Really rips my heart out to see things like that

newmom

Clips like this get shown at show ups, or roll calls at police departments in the hopes that it will sink in to some of the officers that this very day they may have to take someones life and they need to be honest with themselves and determine if they can do it or not. This officer may have never really thought it could happen to him and mentally prepared himself to pull the trigger. Being in the same line of work, it's unfathomable to me that he didn't react much sooner. Unfortunatley he discovered too late he might be in the wrong career field.  Really rips my heart out to see things like that

I would safely assume he thought it was a routine traffic stop.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I would safely assume he thought it was a routine traffic stop.

Up until what point?

newmom

Up until what point?

no Im saying when he first pulled him over. I think he should of shot to wound first. But I was not in his situation so it's easy to say. I mean I can ASSUME most of us are not cops and we can say what we would of done, but if not in the situation its hard to say.

Stark

• Getbig V
Up until what point?

Until he grabbed the M4 and started shooting at him - jackass.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Until he grabbed the M4 and started shooting at him - jackass.

Jackass? It was a legitimate question. I'll expound.. Of the entire video, only about the first few seconds seemed to be "routine". It's not routine for drivers to refuse to take their hands out of thier pockets, it's not routine although in some lower states it does occur, for drivers to break out into a jig... Now I could have missed the mark and the comment by newmom was made in jest, wouldn't be the first time I missed the context of a sentence via posts... but jackass? seriously?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
no Im saying when he first pulled him over. I think he should of shot to wound first. But I was not in his situation so it's easy to say. I mean I can ASSUME most of us are not cops and we can say what we would of done, but if not in the situation its hard to say.

You're probably right, when he first stopped the vehicle he probably thought it would go down like the hundreds he stopped before. It's hard enough to hit anywhere on a person when you are shooting in a high stress situation so while shooting to wound sounds like the humane thing to do, it's just not very practical. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum

Stark

• Getbig V
Jackass? It was a legitimate question. I'll expound.. Of the entire video, only about the first few seconds seemed to be "routine". It's not routine for drivers to refuse to take their hands out of thier pockets, it's not routine although in some lower states it does occur, for drivers to break out into a jig... Now I could have missed the mark and the comment by newmom was made in jest, wouldn't be the first time I missed the context of a sentence via posts... but jackass? seriously?

okay my apologies it sounded to me like you were being smart - after all this is getbig ;)
So again my applogies.

Overall what most traffic cops or any other cop does it tell people to keep their hand IN their pockets, since they don't know at this time what they have in their pockets, some handguns are very small but can still harm and kill you.
The vid has been analysed for a long time since it has been around for a quite some time, if you pay attention to the deputy's voice you can hear that he always must have had a strange feeling about this guy.
The problem with being a cop is that even if you shoot somebody who shot at you first the news tend to spin it in the favor of the person that got shoot, before you know it there are interviews of family members and neighbors that testify that the person in question was such a good brother in law and a good neighbor and it seems to be always overlooked that the friggen guy tried to shoot a police officer.
Take for example an incident in Ireland, mentally challenged guy barricades himself in house with shotgun, the rapid response team (WITH UZI's I shit you not) suround the house and the guy comes out leveling his shotgun at the officers and advancing at them.
Of course they shot him.
Now for years after that all kinda do gooders were debating if they did right and why they shot him (THE GUY FUCKING LEVELED his shotgun and advanced atm the for christ sake) also the same people tend to say ... well why did they not shoot him in the legs ::) - like in the movies right? I've shot an Uzi on many occasions, it might be a simple solution for a quick and dirty job but it is NOT accurate enough to shoot somebody in the leg.

So thats part of the reason why he was hessitating, because he was of course thinking shit if I shoot him I be in so much trouble I might loose my job and my family and I will feel bad.

If you ask me he should have shot at him the second he walked back to his truck and said I've got something for you.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
'I won't have cowards in my army.'

Pure f'n Alpha right there!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
okay my apologies it sounded to me like you were being smart - after all this is getbig ;)
So again my applogies.

Overall what most traffic cops or any other cop does it tell people to keep their hand IN their pockets, since they don't know at this time what they have in their pockets, some handguns are very small but can still harm and kill you.
The vid has been analysed for a long time since it has been around for a quite some time, if you pay attention to the deputy's voice you can hear that he always must have had a strange feeling about this guy.
The problem with being a cop is that even if you shoot somebody who shot at you first the news tend to spin it in the favor of the person that got shoot, before you know it there are interviews of family members and neighbors that testify that the person in question was such a good brother in law and a good neighbor and it seems to be always overlooked that the friggen guy tried to shoot a police officer.
Take for example an incident in Ireland, mentally challenged guy barricades himself in house with shotgun, the rapid response team (WITH UZI's I shit you not) suround the house and the guy comes out leveling his shotgun at the officers and advancing at them.
Of course they shot him.
Now for years after that all kinda do gooders were debating if they did right and why they shot him (THE GUY FUCKING LEVELED his shotgun and advanced atm the for christ sake) also the same people tend to say ... well why did they not shoot him in the legs ::) - like in the movies right? I've shot an Uzi on many occasions, it might be a simple solution for a quick and dirty job but it is NOT accurate enough to shoot somebody in the leg.

So thats part of the reason why he was hessitating, because he was of course thinking shit if I shoot him I be in so much trouble I might loose my job and my family and I will feel bad.

If you ask me he should have shot at him the second he walked back to his truck and said I've got something for you.

We're cool. And I know what you mean about how the media will spin any shooting into it being the cops fault. Here in my own town we had an officer shoot a female who had chased an apartment manager with a butcher knife, was standing over her and the knife was coming down towards the victim. One shot.. dead right there.. You couldn't paint a better scenario for a good shooting. The officer was white, the deceased minority female with a history of mental issues (unknown to the officer). Her family had disowned her long ago..but came out of the woodwork after the shooting to proclaim how horrible it was that their innocent little girl was shot and killed for no reason. It's unfortunatley part of the process.

We have a saying about being tried by 12 rather than carried by six. In any event, regardless of the why... you and I obviously agree it was tragic 

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Sad, the officer was only 22 and had a wife and kid, the hillbilly was a Vietnam Vet, the officer should have shot him the minute he went for his gun, the final shot you hear the guy executed him, shooting him in the head

Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller
Laurens County Sheriff's Office
Georgia
End of Watch: Monday, January 12, 1998

Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 4 years
Badge Number: 37

Incident Details
Cause of Death: Gunfire
Date of Incident: Monday, January 12, 1998
Weapon Used: Rifle; .30 caliber
Suspect Info: Sentenced to death

Deputy Kyle Dinkheller was shot and killed after pulling over a man on a rural road about 6 miles north of Dublin, Georgia. During the traffic stop he called in for backup. Before the backup arrived he was shot by the man with a rifle. He was able to return fire, striking the suspect in the stomach. The suspect was found during a search the next morning and taken into custody.

The entire incident was videotaped by a camera in Deputy Dinkheller's patrol car. On January 28, 2000, the suspect was found guilty of murder and was sentenced to death two days later.

Deputy Dinkheller is survived by his expectant wife and 22-month-old daughter. Deputy Dinkheller's son was born in early September 1998

http://www.odmp.org/officer/15034-deputy-kyle-wayne-dinkheller

the cop was freezed, pumped with fear... u think that "hillbilly" didn't had better things to worrie about, I'm sure he has endured more pain and suffering than any cop... then a young cop wants to play the duty guy, fuck dat

Pollux

• Getbig V
Really sad the way he screams before he's killed  :(

Agreed. That scream is horrific.

Pollux

• Getbig V
Where was the fuckin' calvary when the cop was asking for backup? I just assume they come at warp speed when one of their own is pleading for help.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
The killer was a member of the Tea Party.

Boost

• Getbig V
Really sad.

But it almost seemed the cop was afraid to use any force.