Author Topic: Cro-cop retiring (again)  (Read 1571 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Cro-cop retiring (again)
« on: June 14, 2010, 06:41:57 AM »
"I just did favorite performance of my career. I think it was my last entry in Octagon. I will not fight this year anymore, and that will likely turn into my final farewell to martial arts..."

This is a rough trainslation of some of the hints he gave in the article from yesterday.

link
'Nemam više motiva, zaželio sam se civilnog života' - Jutarnji.hr
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: Cro-cop retiring (again)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:16:41 AM »
Translation....The UFC has realized I am an old pride has been that was over hyped and overpaid.  My new contract is not what I want to be paid, so I will retire. ;D

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »
Translation....The UFC has realized I am an old pride has been that was over hyped and overpaid.  My new contract is not what I want to be paid, so I will retire. ;D

outed.  you/cockspin always talking shit about pride.
I dont like twinks.

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »

You really Have a problem with all things pride, don't you?

I used to love Pride but I can say, for example, I really am looking forward to the Lesnar - Carwin fight.

A former Pride fighter is now LHW champ, how do you feel about that?
skullfucking rules

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »
outed.  you/cockspin always talking shit about pride.

This statement has nothing to do with Pride hate.

Crocop is 4-3 in the UFC. 3 of his 7 loses have been in the UFC.

Cropcop is aging, fighters are getting more talented. Pride has been gone for 4+ years. No comparison anymore.

Crocop was a monster back in the Pride days. Those days are long gone. This makes him a Pride has-been.

Hope this is clear enough for you.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »
You really Have a problem with all things pride, don't you?

I used to love Pride but I can say, for example, I really am looking forward to the Lesnar - Carwin fight.

A former Pride fighter is now LHW champ, how do you feel about that?

I have no problem with Pride. Pride is LONG gone though. IMO you can't even compare anything about Pride talent to the UFC any longer. Too many things have changed.

You are right, a former Pride fighter is a current champ....what does that mean really?  Many Pride fighters have not done well in the UFC either.

There are so many reasons for us to speculate, you can't even compare anymore.

Pride was great entertainment during its time, just like the early days of the (pre-Zuffa) UFC were great.  But that was all we knew and had at the time.

Looking back, I think the sport has changed for the better, and I would never want the early days of MMA back.