Author Topic: Poor ticket sales force UFC on Versus to switch locations for the 1st time ever  (Read 5993 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Poor ticket sales have led the UFC to move the August 1 event originally scheduled to take place in Salt Lake City, UT to be relocated to San Diego, as announced by the promotion on Monday.

The event dubbed UFC on Versus 2 was the first ever event for the organization in Salt Lake City, but now plans have changed and San Diego will get the event instead.

The move to San Diego was originally reported by Heavy.com earlier on Monday.

“Our television ratings in Salt Lake City have always been strong, and when we finally found the opportunity to bring a UFC event there with a great card, I was very surprised and disappointed in ticket sales. As a result, for the first time in UFC history, I decided to pull the plug and move this August 1st event to the San Diego Sports Arena,” said UFC President Dana White.

Tickets for the event now in San Diego will go on sale June 19 at 10 a.m., while fans that purchased tickets for the show in Salt Lake City will be issued a full refund.

Speculation about the troubled ticket sales in Utah could stem from holding the event on a Sunday night. With a devout religious community in Utah, a Sunday night event may not have drawn the strongest numbers possible for the show.

Numbers in the Utah area for mixed martial arts have been strong in the past, including a show recently headlined by former UFC welterweight Josh Burkman that drew around 8,000 local fans for a Friday night show in April.

San Diego is also a strong MMA market with several fighters living and training in that area as well.

The card in August will be headlined by light heavyweights Jon "Bones" Jones against Vladimir Matyushenko, and will also broadcast live on the Versus network
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
So Chumpboxe...Please enlighten us as to why you think the event didn't sell well.

Do you think the fans have had enough and are not interested?

-OR-

Do you think that Utah being Mormontown USA and holding an event on Sunday, the holy day, where something like this on a Sunday is STRONGLY PROHIBITED has anything to do with it?  Keep in mind that Utah is over 70+% Mormon.

Hmmm...wonder which one it is?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
You'd think the geniouses at the UFC would have taken that into consideration beforehand, apparently not.  You should have warned them since youre always posted up inside Dana's boxer shorts.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
You'd think the geniouses at the UFC would have taken that into consideration, apparently not.  You should have warned them since youre always posted up inside Dana's boxer shorts.

You seem to have avoided the question I asked of you. What do you think these poor ticket sales really tell us?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
You seem to have avoided the question I asked of you. What do you think these poor ticket sales really tell us?

What are you a cop?  It tells us the UFC should probably fire the guy responsible for that train wreck idea, is that sufficient enough jerk material for you?  I posted it because it's funny, go continue blowing men please, thanks in advance.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Poor ticket sales have led the UFC to move the August 1 event originally scheduled to take place in Salt Lake City, UT to be relocated to San Diego, as announced by the promotion on Monday.

The event dubbed UFC on Versus 2 was the first ever event for the organization in Salt Lake City, but now plans have changed and San Diego will get the event instead.

The move to San Diego was originally reported by Heavy.com earlier on Monday.

“Our television ratings in Salt Lake City have always been strong, and when we finally found the opportunity to bring a UFC event there with a great card, I was very surprised and disappointed in ticket sales. As a result, for the first time in UFC history, I decided to pull the plug and move this August 1st event to the San Diego Sports Arena,” said UFC President Dana White.

Tickets for the event now in San Diego will go on sale June 19 at 10 a.m., while fans that purchased tickets for the show in Salt Lake City will be issued a full refund.

Speculation about the troubled ticket sales in Utah could stem from holding the event on a Sunday night. With a devout religious community in Utah, a Sunday night event may not have drawn the strongest numbers possible for the show.

Numbers in the Utah area for mixed martial arts have been strong in the past, including a show recently headlined by former UFC welterweight Josh Burkman that drew around 8,000 local fans for a Friday night show in April.

San Diego is also a strong MMA market with several fighters living and training in that area as well.

The card in August will be headlined by light heavyweights Jon "Bones" Jones against Vladimir Matyushenko, and will also broadcast live on the Versus network

Ha. Maybe the UFC should stop having 38,00 events a year.

I'm surprised Dana's ball waxer hasn't posted those fabricated PPV numbers yet.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
What are you a cop?  It tells us the UFC should probably fire the guy responsible for that train wreck idea, is that sufficient enough jerk material for you?  I posted it because it's funny, go continue blowing men please, thanks in advance.

I own you constantly on here...if that is a cop to you, then yes.

Bringing out the Dick N Ball talk...

That's when I know I put you in your place. Chump.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Ha. Maybe the UFC should stop having 38,00 events a year.

I'm surprised Dana's ball waxer hasn't posted those fabricated PPV numbers yet.

Why would they change their highly successful business model?
As numbers have continually shown, the UFC is as popular as ever.

Damn...I bet you hate hearing that don't you.
Jealousy is a bitch for sure.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Popular as ever? Numbers say otherwise.

I don't recall the UFC switching locations due to poor ticket sales two years ago when it was growing at an incredible rate. How's that vested interest treating you?  :D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Popular as ever? Numbers say otherwise.

I don't recall the UFC switching locations due to poor ticket sales two years ago when it was growing at an incredible rate. How's that vested interest treating you?  :D

You can try and twist the ticket sales any way you want. It is blatantly obvious why they had trouble.

The UFC has on average 3 live events per month...many are free. Sometimes more.

You still want to tell me they are hurting?

If I have a vested interest in the UFC, that would be nothing to poke fun at

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
So Chumpboxe...Please enlighten us as to why you think the event didn't sell well.

Do you think the fans have had enough and are not interested?

-OR-

Do you think that Utah being Mormontown USA and holding an event on Sunday, the holy day, where something like this on a Sunday is STRONGLY PROHIBITED has anything to do with it?  Keep in mind that Utah is over 70+% Mormon.

Hmmm...wonder which one it is?

What happened fudgepacker the UFC made a bad business move and now trying to fix it and you are embarrassed.  As well you should be.  Any drippings should be licked off the floor by you.  It is your fault this happened.  You would think after all these years the UFC would get it right.  Were you not at the meeting?  Did you not get the memo?  Do your job or you're fired
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home

Really?  IF the numbers are so good explain why they had to move the event for the first time in the history of the UFC.  I never heard of such a business model. 

Dana: "Okay guys our numbers are way up in Salt Lake.  Thanks fudgepacker for all your research and due diligence and telling us Salt Lake would be a great place.  We know you are hoping to get free tickets or see the fighters changing in the back room.  But, for now you have to realize being a janitor here is the best you can get. 
Fudgepacker: (in a Barney Fife voice) "Why thank you Mr. White you know I'll do anything to make you look good.  I will show those punks on Getbig how smart we are"
No Worries 4 me

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Really?  IF the numbers are so good explain why they had to move the event for the first time in the history of the UFC.  I never heard of such a business model. 

Dana: "Okay guys our numbers are way up in Salt Lake.  Thanks fudgepacker for all your research and due diligence and telling us Salt Lake would be a great place.  We know you are hoping to get free tickets or see the fighters changing in the back room.  But, for now you have to realize being a janitor here is the best you can get. 
Fudgepacker: (in a Barney Fife voice) "Why thank you Mr. White you know I'll do anything to make you look good.  I will show those punks on Getbig how smart we are"

Stick to being fat....you are much better at that than comedy.

This was being held on a Sunday in Utah which is 70+% mormon. Sunday is a holy day in the mormon faith. Get it?

If you want to pretend the UFC is hurting feel free.

Clear enough?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

blaming religion for the move  ;D ;D ;D weight...

;D ;D ;D

maybe i should blame showtimes TV. ratings on people that cant afford preimum channels.. ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
;D ;D ;D

blaming religion for the move  ;D ;D ;D weight...

;D ;D ;D

maybe i should blame showtimes TV. ratings on people that cant afford preimum channels.. ::)

This has been reported as a huge contributing factor.  Mormons are prohibited from attending many things on Sundays....their holy day.
Being that 70+% are mormon, it's really simple math.

Showtime has more than the economy to blame. People have been and are continuing to pay for UFC PPV's through the poor economy.

Nice try.

65stew

• Getbig II
It had a lot to do with 2 main things. One, it being on Sunday would affect ticket sales to some degree the other is almost no one even knew that they were planning a fight here. I didn't even hear about it until this morning. Never saw anything on the news about it, never heard it talked about on the radio either. Also found out a lot of other people had no idea either until after the change.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
It had a lot to do with 2 main things. One, it being on Sunday would affect ticket sales to some degree the other is almost no one even knew that they were planning a fight here. I didn't even hear about it until this morning. Never saw anything on the news about it, never heard it talked about on the radio either. Also found out a lot of other people had no idea either until after the change.

It sounds like Fudgepacker has some responsibility in the marketing and promotion of this cluster-fuck and he sucked at it so he comes on here to try and come up with excuses.  Wow what an embarrassment.
No Worries 4 me

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
It sounds like Fudgepacker has some responsibility in the marketing and promotion of this cluster-fuck and he sucked at it so he comes on here to try and come up with excuses.  Wow what an embarrassment.

Even if I did have involvement, it is nothing in comparison to the embarrassment you have every time you look in the mirror or have to go in public. Do you ever get embarrassed when you pull up in your electric scooter at the grocery store full of twinkies and candy bars? 

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Even if I did have involvement, it is nothing in comparison to the embarrassment you have every time you look in the mirror or have to go in public. Do you ever get embarrassed when you pull up in your electric scooter at the grocery store full of twinkies and candy bars? 

hehehe it is funny how much I own you.  Hey I fully understand how you have to resort to trying to put me down when you can't answer my questions or prove what you say.  It is the typical response for someone who is full of shit.  Dude you embarrass yourself and your boyfriend.  Who do you think you are faking-out.  No one on Getbig believes a fucking word you say.  Just like in real life you have failed.  You have tried everything you can to try and "fit-in" here and in real life and you have failed everytime.  How much more of a beating do you need to take to realize you got nothing going for you and you are constantly being exposed as a bullshitter.  Is your last name Goodrum
No Worries 4 me

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
hehehe it is funny how much I own you.  Hey I fully understand how you have to resort to trying to put me down when you can't answer my questions or prove what you say.  It is the typical response for someone who is full of shit.  Dude you embarrass yourself and your boyfriend.  Who do you think you are faking-out.  No one on Getbig believes a fucking word you say.  Just like in real life you have failed.  You have tried everything you can to try and "fit-in" here and in real life and you have failed everytime.  How much more of a beating do you need to take to realize you got nothing going for you and you are constantly being exposed as a bullshitter.  Is your last name Goodrum

QFT!!!
DAWG

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________

Look Keith, you don't know shit about MMA.  In fact you didn't even know the last Strikeforce was not a PPV. There are other very obvious signs that you really just come to this board to argue. You started the immature word slinging from the first post you wrote to me and hence the  negative backlash you have received.

Now that being said, you have lost any type of credibility or sympathy that I would normally give someone in your obese condition.

Remember, when I close getbig, I have a real life to live, when you close getbig, you still are an obese handicap, struggling to lose weight.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
QFT!!!

So did you ever do any research on that Rampage vs Pregnant woman who miscarried case?

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Look Keith, you don't know shit about MMA.  In fact you didn't even know the last Strikeforce was not a PPV. There are other very obvious signs that you really just come to this board to argue. You started the immature word slinging from the first post you wrote to me and hence the  negative backlash you have received.

Now that being said, you have lost any type of credibility or sympathy that I would normally give someone in your obese condition.

Remember, when I close getbig, I have a real life to live, when you close getbig, you still are an obese handicap, struggling to lose weight.
[/quote

Again dodging the fact that you are full of shit.  You can type all the crap you want but where are the facts I asked for from you.  Of course you don't have any.  And honestly working at a fast food place is really not that different from coming on here.  Why do you think you have a life when you leave here  You need to know your place here.  For some reason you think you are some know it all when everyone on here has owned and exposed you repeatedly.    The funny thing is how you think cause I am fat now that I do nothing.  I promise you I do more in my condition now than you do in your 130 pound condition.  You are weak and feeble and luckily you have Getbig to act out your dreams of actually being somebody.  I swear if I didn't know better I would think you are Goodrum.  That in itself should lean you towards suicide.  Keep posting up your make believe shit if it makes you feel like someone.  But, just remember know your place and realize you are here to be made fun of just like you are in real life.
No Worries 4 me

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________

[/quote

Again dodging the fact that you are full of shit.  You can type all the crap you want but where are the facts I asked for from you.  Of course you don't have any.  And honestly working at a fast food place is really not that different from coming on here.  Why do you think you have a life when you leave here  You need to know your place here.  For some reason you think you are some know it all when everyone on here has owned and exposed you repeatedly.    The funny thing is how you think cause I am fat now that I do nothing.  I promise you I do more in my condition now than you do in your 130 pound condition.  You are weak and feeble and luckily you have Getbig to act out your dreams of actually being somebody.  I swear if I didn't know better I would think you are Goodrum.  That in itself should lean you towards suicide.  Keep posting up your make believe shit if it makes you feel like someone.  But, just remember know your place and realize you are here to be made fun of just like you are in real life.

If I am sooo full of shit, prove one thing that I have posted that is entirely incorrect and I will shut my mouth :o

This does not include shit that you interpreted or misunderstood or twisted up. Remember, your stupidity is not an excuse.

Prove that I am full of shit, and post lies or made up shit.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
So did you ever do any research on that Rampage vs Pregnant woman who miscarried case?

please elaborate...
DAWG