Author Topic: paying for a personal trainer  (Read 2928 times)

tedd OC

• Getbig I
paying for a personal trainer
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »
  I workout at LA Fitness in Irvine Ca and have found a very good personal trainer.  I have been working out for a while on and off and my workouts with him are much better than mine alone but I still am not sure about paying $197/month for three months which equals 1 hour a week of personal training for three months.  I would also like my wife to get motivated so maybe it would be better for her to do it instead of me?  Do any of you have experience with a personal trainer and do you recommend them? (she does not workout regularly) I have tied in the past to train my wife but that is impossible.  Thanks for your help.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: paying for a personal trainer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »
good ones are great
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »
If you need the motivation and have the money to spend, why not?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 11:34:25 PM »
Can I have some money?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »
  I workout at LA Fitness in Irvine Ca and have found a very good personal trainer.  I have been working out for a while on and off and my workouts with him are much better than mine alone but I still am not sure about paying $197/month for three months which equals 1 hour a week of personal training for three months.  I would also like my wife to get motivated so maybe it would be better for her to do it instead of me?  Do any of you have experience with a personal trainer and do you recommend them? (she does not workout regularly) I have tied in the past to train my wife but that is impossible.  Thanks for your help.
if you have the money, and it works go for it.....but otherwise, i would just look at each session as a classroom. once you learn for a few months go solo......

bench

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 12:10:09 AM »
You could just pay to have a really hot chick come to the gym with you and watch you workout...

Wait...

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 08:28:14 AM »
this is just my opinion.....

i would only use a top trainer like charles glass......most trainers have zero idea of what is going on with their client.

glass was a top bodybuilder and has worked with not only bbers.....but also basketball players and football players.....not to mention celebrities......all i am saying is that many of these so called trainers learned everything they know from a text book.

charles has actual knowlege.....which is what so many trainers lack these days. if you are near LA.....get to the gym and work out with him.....you will get so much more from him in just a few sessions....it will be well worth it. Just google charles glass....you will find information on him there! Best of luck!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 05:06:24 PM »

When you hire a personal trainer it's best if you have a specific goal in mind, not just randomly hire someone to work out with. If you are paying an 'expert' to teach you something, consider what it is you want to achieve.

These could be things like:

* Improve strength or improve specific lifts
* Nutrition
* Sports Conditioning
* Weak muscle group/bodypart
* Injury rehabilitation
* etc.

Explain your goals to your trainer in the very beginning, before you pay any money and ascertain if they can help you achieve them. If you just want a training partner, try making friends.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
In my experience, it's always tough for a new client to actually know what their "goals" are...

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 12:02:56 AM »
In my experience, it's always tough for a new client to actually know what their "goals" are...

Lose fat, gain muscle, sore shoulder.

In my experience, if someone doesn't know why they are coming to see me, then I probably don't want them as a client...

lester

• Getbig II
  • disTURDia is a MOOCH !!!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 12:14:27 AM »
I'll tell you Ted.  I would not waste a dime on your wife using the personal trainer and this is why.  She has not earned it.  Getting a personal trainer is supposed to take you to the next level of conditioning.  By the sound of it she has ZERO motivation to do anything.  You have been around for a while and there is no reason you cannot make a simple routine for her to follow for a minimum of 3 months.  By then you will get an idea if she is in it for the long haul.  Don't commit if she will quit.  ;)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 11:59:33 AM »

In my experience, if someone doesn't know why they are coming to see me, then I probably don't want them as a client...

You have got to be kidding..

tedd OC

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.  Lester you are right...I will start her off with a three month routine and see how that goes first.

tallandfat

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 04:41:38 PM »
don't pay those liposuction goons a dime

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
Of course you don't need a trainer. You can motivate your self you just have to find the right psychological lever. However a trainer can help you learn things faster rather than trial and error. The main thing is proper form and understanding the basics so you don't get hurt.

this is the nature of business doing/making things for ppl that they do not want to do them selves.

It all depends on weather you want to spend more time learning or pay some one to show you the way.

Of course you need the right trainer or they could teach you the wrong things, in which case you will have to undo all the learning through trail and error. Most trainer I've ever met have very limited knowledge, it takes years to really know what you are doing IMHO even if your very analytical like me.
P

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 03:17:33 AM »
never ever pay

any that look good no doubt lipo +roids esp in los angeles

most dont yet have talk down to you tude when they dont know shit and never did

scam