Author Topic: Why do cities go all nuts and criminal when they win?  (Read 4074 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: why do cities go all nuts and criminal when they win?
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 10:47:12 AM »
maryland is barely a majority white school anymore..particularly in the past few years
i bounced in downtown college park...........i have more stories about young black men "wilding" then i would like to remember
everytime the bars let out they line knox road and cause trouble
the sports victories, i admit, encompass a abunch of immature drunk losers looking to cause trouble and using a championship as an excuse
that situation its both blacks and whites
other then that you have not seen what i have seen apparently  
where did you bounce?  if it ws cornerstone...i probably know you...names "junaid" (jay)..i've been around this area since the days of terrapin station...you r right its not a white majorty school anymore...
hell back in the day around 2000..when it first started changing it ws MY idea to charge a heavy cover at the stone for people without UMD IDs(except me ;D ) to keep the trash out of the bar at nights but the night in question..when the terps won ws back when UMCP ws a majority white school. If u r talking about the knox box...well...i dont particularly like the fe...hardly ever went there..

if u r ever in CP on a sat...go to the stone...fine Eric the longest running CP bartender and ask for the Jay special strong icland iced tea! (or the muslim car bomb) ;D
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2010, 11:01:26 AM »
And shit that Toxie was talking about, that shit happens on the reg during Duke v Md games, .....
since last summer i went back on campus to start studying for my CCIE...it only seemed fitting to study in a proper library instead of being the douche that stidies at starbucks ALL the time..and things i saw that have changed
1) they shut off the escalators in hornbake library(claiming it'd save 100k/yr) while the lights to the lacrosse field remain on all night long...wayy to encourage academia
2) Mckeldin library is NOW ALLOWING FOOD  >:(  and i've been driven out of a group study room or 2 by afcians eating some nasty smelling shit in the room next to me (they r connected by vents). FOOD ALLOWED means bring a snack...not tupperware containers full or foul smelling fish that stinks up half the floor. I'm guilty of bringing food into the lib also...even before they allowed it...but it ws always beef jerky and a few cans of redbull which i'd drink in the bathroom.
3) UMCP is not majority white..NOT majority American black...seems to be a lot of africans...asians(chinese and vietnemese instead of korean which ws the case beforee) and hispanics.
4) ugly ass women think they can pull off the "just got out of bed and am still in my PJs look  :-\
5) there is a numburu center...an african building dedicated to african studies...yeesh ::)  cue the pakistanis and indians to ask for a curry lounge
5) the cafeteria has better food
carpe` vaginum!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2010, 11:02:01 AM »
You are talking about 200-300 hoodlums / gang members who are ruining it for the 30,000 people out there (coming out from sports bars and more around the area).  They would be burning up cars, smashing windows or more if they could get away with it.

Too bad - unfortunately, around the area of the Staples Center, there is an element who does this.  Takes away from the 99% who like the area, and what it was become, with the Staples Center, Convention Center, Nokia Center and much more down there.