Author Topic: Christian Bible Colleges trains your kids to be snitches...  (Read 4155 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I had a co-worker whose son was enrolled in a Christian Bible College a few yrs back. Of course, there are stipulations to attend. Such as, no violent video games, no R rated movies, no sex, etc. Well, this was when the Passion of Christ came out, and of course that was a R rated movie, which they were allowed to see. Well, ond day he went to see a movie, and he was reprimanded for going to see a R rated movie, another student saw him at the theatre and snitched on him. They also found some fighting video games, when they searched his room...so, he was kicked out...

Now, I know he violated, but my experience with the "holier than thou" kind has taught me, they will quickly snitch on others to make themselves either look good, or they don't want others to enjoy certain "forbidden fruits".

What is your take.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Christian Bible Colleges train you kids to be snitches...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »
I had a co-worker whose son was enrolled in a Christian Bible College a few yrs back. Of course, there are stipulations to attend. Such as, no violent video games, no R rated movies, no sex, etc. Well, this was when the Passion of Christ came out, and of course that was a R rated movie, which they were allowed to see. Well, ond day he went to see a movie, and he was reprimanded for going to see a R rated movie, another student saw him at the theatre and snitched on him. They also found some fighting video games, when they searched his room...so, he was kicked out...

Now, I know he violated, but my experience with the "holier than thou" kind has taught me, they will quickly snitch on others to make themselves either look good, or they don't want others to enjoy certain "forbidden fruits".

What is your take.

I agree completely.  I know several "born again" types, and am even related to some of them.  They'll run you over in their SUV on their way to the mega church!  :o
S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »
i think your hinting at the notion that the way religion is conducted nowadays in most churches is counter productive.

but the way you wanted to discuss it shows that your being very subjective, which kind of makes me want to back off the topic as i dont feel like trying to weed through everything in yrou post before getting to the actual sentiment.

religion today tells people: "you cant do this. you cant do that."

which is a horrible way of trying to teach people (besides the fact that most things religions preach against arent morally wrong anyways)

you should always focus on positives.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »
i think your hinting at the notion that the way religion is conducted nowadays in most churches is counter productive.

but the way you wanted to discuss it shows that your being very subjective, which kind of makes me want to back off the topic as i dont feel like trying to weed through everything in yrou post before getting to the actual sentiment.

religion today tells people: "you cant do this. you cant do that."

which is a horrible way of trying to teach people (besides the fact that most things religions preach against arent morally wrong anyways)

you should always focus on positives.

There's a little bit more to it than that my friend...
S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
There's a little bit more to it than that my friend...
and what is it tht you think i am missing ?

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »
Those churches will teach to you steal nice clothes to wear to church on Sundays. Sad but true

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 06:27:31 PM »
and what is it tht you think i am missing ?

From my own experience, most of these "born again's" are solely motivated by the prospect of eternal damnation.  They'll support wars that kill innocent children, or priests that molest their own children, as long as they fall whiten the perimeters for admittance to heaven.
S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
From my own experience, most of these "born again's" are solely motivated by the prospect of eternal damnation.  They'll support wars that kill innocent children, or priests that molest their own children, as long as they fall whiten the perimeters for admittance to heaven.
um.

ok.

well.

are you just pointing out that there are people out there that have no idea what God's will is??

it is most obvious that God would not support any of those things.

which kind of takes me back to my post. these attitudes are caused by an improper education as to what being aGod loving person truly means.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »
Yes, I guess

Or, their concern isn't with gods will at all, as much as just doing what you've got to do (technically) to be admitted to heaven.
S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
Yes, I guess

Or, their concern isn't with gods will at all, as much as just doing what you've got to do (technically) to be admitted to heaven.

again, ignorance caused by improper education as to God's "law".  they take lessons from the crusades instead of Ghandi.

anyoen with a decent sense of spirituality/right vs. wrong shoudl be able to see that no good can come out of bad.

in my own opinion, while everyone should love God and be grateful for everything he has done, most people should not plan on an afterlife.  not because i dont think they will have one, but because it hink that its more conducive to leading a full life(not planning on having more after its over).

:)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 06:46:36 PM »
What kind of idiot parents send their kids to brainswashing camp like that. !!!?!

geeez

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 07:02:25 PM »
just try and be the best person you can in a positive manner that helps yourself and others around you

thats all you can do while you're on this planet

as for the OP

great scene

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

What is your take.

Sending your kid to bible college is like sending your kid to walmart to be a bodybuilder. Being religious isn't about the end game being judged ,pure holy , getting into heaven, having god on your side, or following the rules just enough to get in. It's about the steps you need to take in order to get there. Being able to understand morality and apply it to your daily life, instead of relying on a book that's based on 2000 year old morality. Furthermore any christian that values the bible more than there own ability to understand right and wrong are out to lunch. Adultry ain't bad because the bible says so, it's bad because it hurts the children etc.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 08:03:04 PM »
again, ignorance caused by improper education as to God's "law".  they take lessons from the crusades instead of Ghandi.

anyoen with a decent sense of spirituality/right vs. wrong shoudl be able to see that no good can come out of bad.

in my own opinion, while everyone should love God and be grateful for everything he has done, most people should not plan on an afterlife.  not because i dont think they will have one, but because it hink that its more conducive to leading a full life(not planning on having more after its over).

Yes,

Just curious, do you consider yourself Christian?
S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 08:13:14 PM »
Yes,

Just curious, do you consider yourself Christian?
no.... and yes

ive read the bible. i love the character of jesus. i think what he was supposed to have said was extremely enlightening and accurate. i wasnt there to see him though, and i have my doubts as to the accuracy/legitemacy of the bible.

ive had revelations inside my mind about jesus. emotional breakdowns contemplating his death upon the cross. many tiomes ive felt as if God was trying to get me to understand and believe in Christ as the bible tells it.

im just a skeptic

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 08:27:19 PM »
Cool, me too basically...
S

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »
no.... and yes

ive read the bible. i love the character of jesus. i think what he was supposed to have said was extremely enlightening and accurate. i wasnt there to see him though, and i have my doubts as to the accuracy/legitemacy of the bible.

ive had revelations inside my mind about jesus. emotional breakdowns contemplating his death upon the cross. many tiomes ive felt as if God was trying to get me to understand and believe in Christ as the bible tells it.

im just a skeptic

That was some good acid eh ?!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 10:19:59 PM »
Its a shame, so many people confuse "religion" with Gods word. There's a difference.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 11:13:13 PM »
What kind of idiot parents send their kids to brainswashing camp like that. !!!?!

geeez

I hear this all the time but in all fairness why is it when a person, parent, organization wants to share and promote their values that you may agree with it's called education? The majority of college campuses today have a leftward bent and promote those values. Whether it's "going green", same sex marriage, legalized and even public funding of abortion, anti-military (some campuses that accept tax dollars forbid an ROTC program). That's OK and just educating young minds.

But if an organization or institution want to promote conservative Christian values is called brain washing.

Now Cap, I don't mean this in anyway as an attack because I think you're a good guy but do you see my point? I disagree with the ACLU but I don't begrudge them trying to promote their values and belief system because I believe they truly want a better world and society as I do. My job is to challenge them in the free market of ideas and present my case and why I think it is better.

These things should work both ways.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 03:46:10 AM »

What is your take.

This is all you can expect from religios cocksuckers all around the world... they have this self denial/soul destroying life style, but they will gladly stab each other's back for their strange personal agenda and for their extremely hypocrite and vengfull, sexist god (who loves everyone)... two faced monkey whore's, every religious person who goes the path of christ and islam, fuck them all!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 09:57:08 AM »
Cool, me too basically...

Its a shame, so many people confuse "religion" with Gods word. There's a difference.
o, the irony

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 10:16:02 AM »

geeez

Well he wanted to go to "Bible College", and she was (is) a staunch Christian, but is like Betty White's character from "Golden Girls", naive Rose, to put it very, very politely. She treated me with respect, so I will not say anything bad about her.

Her son's best friend didn't go to Bible College, bur he somehow ended up as a Assistant Principal at a Christian private school (or academy), one day "Rose", who allows this kid to come and stay her place, finds   
Principal with a unattractive woman bouncing on his cawk, in the floor. Now, what does he do? He confesses to his boss about his discretion---it was on his conscious ::)

I told my co worker, "Rose", that, that kid didn't need to confess Jack shit to his boss. She was like, "yes, but he was ashamed of having pre-marital sex, and that he is a role model for the kids", I said that was between him and God, not Him, God, and his boss...

I think he liked ugly gurl's cooter sooooo much he got married to her...oh and his background comes straight out of Oliver Twist---the Ghetto Version.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Christian Bible Colleges trains your kids to be snitches...
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »
If you guys really want to know about what Christianity should look like..read the New Testament and focus on Jesus Christ.

Many of His believers fall very short in how we are supposed to live.  

We should do better but look to Him..not at us....please :-[

God bless  ;D
R

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

What is your take.
It a private college they knew the rules before going there. If you want a fun college go to a party school, like texas state. Ah, memories.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
It a private college they knew the rules before going there. If you want a fun college go to a party school, like texas state. Ah, memories.
Yeah, but it would have been "Christian like" to counsel him, yes he knew the rules, but it was more about control, and exerting it, than actually "following the rules"